bunny-blu

Hi guys! I didn't see this posted anywhere else but if it has please let me know.

Anyway, has anyone seen this awesome drama?

It's actually a long series split into mini dramas focusing on different couples stories. I've only seen History 2 so far, 是非 - Right or Wrong, and 越界 - Crossing the Line/Boundary Crossing.

"Crossing the Line" has to be one of my favourite dramas ever! right up there with Ossan's Love.

Here's some info about it:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Let me know if you watch and then come geek out with me! The main characters are so beautiful I could cry.

Their cute shoujo romance sends me to heaven. And there's going to be more because they're making a sequel!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teruya

• bunny-blu

• phantom6man

• Preeh

!!!!! excuse me for my screams but CROSSING THE LINE HAS TO BE ONE OF MY FAV BL SERIES OF ALL TIME???? BOTH OF THE COUPLES ARE SO CUTE I WOULD LITERALLY DIE FOR THEM UGH つ´Д`)つ

That said, I'm really looking forward to HiStory 3 too aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

!!!! you just became my new favourite person!

Tell me tell me, what are some of your favourite parts in the series? I wuv that scene where Yu Hao kissed Zi Xuan through the volleyball netting, I'm never seen anything so profoundly symbolic in a BL drama. *_*

that kiss was exactly WHY I started watching the series sdjkhasjhsda I instantly fell in love with that scene just from watching the teaser and I'M GLAD I WASN'T DISAPPOINTED :o

Another moment that I love is how Zhen Wu and Zhen Wen were being lovebirds after they made up and Yu Hao was at the background being annoyed adjkjakdhdahj IM SO EVIL BUT UGH precious lovesssss

tumblr_p6brqmZX9O1thx3ofo6_500.gif

And I wanna talk about how Yu Hao is SO head over heels for Zi Xuan and he would always smile like an idiot whenever he thinks about the latter, I mean like, he's so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I will never stop talking about this omg

Too bad Yan Ze (Zi Xuan) has a gf irl :')) but at least our ship still kinda sailed in its way 8DD

omg that lovebirds scene with Yu Hao being annoyed in the background is pure gold!

Ah it's understandable that actors have their own lives off screen. But I swear NO-ONE ships Zi Xuan and Yu Hao more than themselves, especially Yan Ze. He takes every opportunity to send his husband cute (and mischievous!!) messages on instagram. I mean just look at this:

Btw it says you're a translator above your icon, what language do you translate to/from?

why you gotta hurt me with that link sjhksdajhksadjhksa YAN ZE STOP (>д

I translate Chinese to English hehe, but I can't say I'm good at it tho I'm still trying my best (ฅ`ω´ฅ)

OMG DON'T YOU KNOW?!?! There's going to be a History 2 movie coming out this year with the main couples and most of the original cast!!! I'm so excited for it!!

And wow what a coincidence, I translate Chinese to English too and I can't say I do it very well but I try. How long have you been learning Chinese? What projects are you currently translating?

WHAT?! UM IM SORRY FOR BEING DUMB BUT ASDJJHKADSAJSD OMG IM WHEEZING I DIDNT KNOW AT ALL SJDAJHADA UGH BUT IM GONNA LOOK FORWARD TO IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Forgive my stupid ass since I'm more updated on Thai BL series rather than the others unless the updates appear on my feed :'))))))

My mother tongue is Chinese, don't get me wrong tho I'm not from mainland China xD I'm a Malaysian. I'm currently waiting for another project to be sent in my way hehe but there are also plenty of translators here so I might not get the job x'D

What about you? Are you a Chinese too?

hahaha I'm so glad I was able to give you the happy news then. ^^ I'm super looking forward to it too.

Wah? I thought translators were always in demand? Anyway, it's awesome that your native tongue in Chinese but you speak English so well! Hope you get the project you want. :D

I'm the reverse, my native tongue is English (I'm from the UK) and I've been learning Chinese for 10 years but I still speak it appalingly. Luckily there are lots of great resources online for translating so I can happily scanlate (at snails pace.) ^^"""

Oh wow I'm surprised ( ゚o゚)

But hey, I don't think it's that bad if you're able to translate it since you understand the language right? It's impressive how you managed to hang in there for so long learning Chinese because it's quite frustrating if you know what it means in your own way but you just don't know how to explain/translate it coz that's what happened to me _(:3」∠)_

Apparently, there are more Chinese translators here rather than the Japanese ones that's why I'm doubting x'D Thank you! I hope that I'll be able to get what I want too hehe

And also, my English isn't that good either, well, to me anyway, because I feel like my standard of English is quite low ahahahahha OTL

Actually, I've been meaning to ask, what does a scanlator do? Do they scan the mangas and also translate it too? Correct me if I'm wrong (・ω・`)

I just love learning Chinese. The characters all have their own story and it's so cool! :D

And yes I have that problem when I understand something in Chinese but the idea is kind of hard to convey in english. ^^""

I think you're english is great! Don't put yourself down!!

Well in the old days a scanlator would be exactly what you said, scan+translate. As you know the entire scanlation process includes scanning, cleaning, translating, and then typesetting. These days I guess scanlation refers more broadly to releasing manga in another language online, because with the rise of eManga (manga released online by the original publishing company), it's actually easy to acquire RAWS that are pretty much ready for typsetting, so scanning is taken out of the process and cleaning is minimal.

omg about the Chinese characters having their own stories is so true, though I seldom learn them here since I live in a country where Chinese is not the national language, but I can totally relate to it coz when I visited China, they were telling stories about Chinese characters and I got so confused but understood it after some time xD

Thank you bub TvT

Ooooo I didn't know about this wow, that sounds really convenient! Thank you for the explanation

• 1 year later...

I've recently watched the following from this series, HIStory2: Boundary Crossing, HIStory3: Trapped, and HIStory3: Make Our Days Count.

I must say, HIStory is a godsent drama as its very rare to see Chinese BL. I personally like HIStory2: Boundary Crossing the best and I am looking forward to see the sequel.

• 10 months later...

Have any of you been following the new release of History4 Close to you?

What are your thoughts about it?

In my case I just binged all the released episodes yesterday and I have mixed feelings about it. 

Not sure whether I like the storyline or the actors. If it continues as it did so far, I guess the answer would be neither...