Thoughts on manga with established couples?

morning_flower94

Hello :) How are you?

So lately, I've been hooked with manga which revolves around a daily life around gay couples. I think it's cute and heartwarming to see how their lives go after the confession, etc.

A few manga that I would really recommend are:

1. Shiawase gohan

This is one of the best manga I've ever read. The story revolves around a gay couple, Maki and Hanazawa, and their peaceful lives. It is usually light-hearted, but sometimes they had face some serious issues to get to where they are today. It is great to read a manga that touch a real life situation of a gay couple (for example coming out, family rejection, etc). Plus they have a recipe written at the end of the chapter, so you can also create the food in the manga in real life. (sadly I think this manga is discontinued)

2. Honto Yajuu

If you like comedy, then you should love this manga. Honto Yajuu is a gay love story between a police man and a yakuza. I really love how mature the police man is, and how dorky the yakuza is. There are also some side couples too.

3. Junjou Romantica

Especially the first couple. I like how the author wants to tackle something like coming out into Usami and Misaki story. I can't wait how it will turn out.

Do you like manga which depict the lives of an established gay couple? Do you have any manga/novel with that kind of genre that you can recommend?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• morning_flower94

• Virdian*

• bunny-blu

• lowkeygay

I've been eyeing Honto Yajuu for a while but Shiawase Gohan is new to my ears, it looks really interesting! I just checked it on baka-updates and omg they have a pet bunny!! i wuv bunnies the most

Actually I love established couples in manga, they story plot lines can be really diverse and interesting. One of my favourite established couple manga is "What did you eat yesterday?" (Kinou nani tabeta?) by Yoshinaga Fumi Sensei (author of Antique Bakery, Gerard and Jacques). It has 14 volumes and spans a fair few years in the characters lives. One is a lawyer and the other is a hair dresser, their personalities couldnt be more different, but their love works and it's really sweet.

• 8 months later...

I honestly like both when they're an established couple and when it's about them getting together, sadly most yaoi's ends when they finally comes to term with their love for one another

• 1 month later...