Mystery of Nevermore (Snow & Winter #1) by C.S. Poe (YO Book club Dec, 2018)

Racheal

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, Thank you for the short review re: the romance part! I'm with you with "I miss the courting part, getting to know each other, that slow burn and anticipation"! Maybe the Author prefered the instant-lust/love more rather than the slow burn trope for her MCs in this series? :(

Re: MoN cover, I think it's the best feature for this first novel! It's like they wanted to show us "this is the exact colours Snow only sees in this world: light, dark, and gray" since Snow had achromatopsia! Looks so elegant and serene, I really like it! Kudos to the cover designer!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bondingboys

• voide

• Jochie

• shinyaKogami

Hey everyone,

I really enjoyed the series, murder mystery books are my favorite.

I hope everyone reads the rest in the series, they are equally good.

The MC's had good chemistry and the mystery was intriguing.

If you haven't read any Josh Lanyon books, The Art of Murder series is really good

hi guys! i finally got down to finish this book! honestly i wanted to comment in-between but the thing about mystery is that you can't rest until you solve it! xd

so so, i'm honestly confused on what vote i would give this book, it had thing i liked as well as some that didn't really clicked.

for example it was easy to read an follow through the book but then sometime she described thing in a manner that confounded me, like winter, he seemed so sweet and caring and OPEN that until they tell you i had no idea he was closeted. i honestly believed he would came in and steal seb right under neil nose because he was out and proud (and HOT ;D) and there was seriously no comparison.

then about the murderer: neil couldn't be because he was to easy a target, greg gave me doubt at first but when you rule him out duncan was really the only strange party remaining.he could have made beth the killer that sure would have been a surprise XP but seriously duncan came out of nowhere and ...well he confused me as a character, unless you chalk it all up to being psychotic all his crush and feeling betrayed make sense to me only if he had been stalking seb for quite some time. which don't seem likely.

there were other little thing throughout the book, but all in all it was still able to keep my attention.

honestly i especially liked that seb is color blind.it is...well really peculiar.

i suppose at this time the spoiler rule is lifted but.. just to be on the safe side it is all under

and for thanks guys for telling about the coda i had no idea! will read them as soon as possible! maybe they will sweeten the end, since i didn't really like the romance part in this one

bye:Wink:

ps.

yeah that was probably the funniest moment of the book XD

tom hardy is never doubt awesome :D

hello guys. i'm honestly rusting. i don't even know what to do anymore LOL just started reading. have really a pack weeks. soon will drop by & read more of your discussion. brb

i got the same vibes too. it feels really similar to adrien's story. antiques shop/bookstores, hot detective/cop, the mc; snow feels like adrien too LOL even the relationship conflict between the guys are feels similar to JL's. was this bc JL was the author's inspiration?

, have you finished with the book? So which one was better story telling and cases between J. Lanyon's Adrien Mysteries and C.S. Poe's Snow & Winter? I'm curious, although if the romance between those MCs were similar, ah well, won't read Adrien this soon, then. Not really fond of insta-lust/love if it's not about destined soulmate thing like in PNR/were-creatures novel . . .

(also p.s: only have watched 3 films with Tom Hardy and I've been mesmerized with his gruffy character, haha!)

hey buddy. im still half way through LOL i might be a little biased here bc i've read many JL books. i preferred JL's writing style & story telling. which one is better? haha i'm not sure if i can tell u that buddy. but when i said the vibes are similar, this book has similar things like JL's; MC with disability, conflicted relationship (closet cases) & the writing style kinda feel like JL's a little bit. or maybe bc the dedication at 1st page made me think of JL all the way huhu..

tom hardy is the best :p

I got weird vibes from Duncan since the first encounter, I liked Calvin and all his pet names but Sebastian was all over the place.

leaf2

I hope you have a great weekend!

onion1

i got to 50% mark & then works hit me huhu i know im not eligible for your gift

LOL just wanna say this book is not bad & it was a good starter for me to dive in back into gay romance lolol

thank you again for the book & discussion guys! i'll try harder next month :>

• 3 weeks later...

cc:

hi guys. so remember

yes :) although she's not here at the moment but she didn't forget about the reward. i'm tagging only you guys here because you read the book & participated in the discussion last month. for those who already read the book, or you've read the book but didn't participate in discussion, or you've read but not finished it (like me LOL), that i will refer back to Racheal whether you guys still eligible for the reward :D

for now, those i've tagged please let us know what book u desire. just copy & paste format below so i can easily copy back to Racheal haha . thank you all for participating!

_______

name: [your name here]

book title: [title]

link: [put book link to goodreads or amazon]

aaaa thank you for tagging me,

!! And thank you so much for this reward,
!!!

I just copy-paste this book I've been wanted to read here and under the spoiler, okay?

name: bondingboys

book title: Of Our Own Device by M.K. South

link:

It has mixed reviews, some said it was an awesome spy novel with epic love story, but some said it had many typos and was too long/too detailed and was not really a romance story at all . . . but I still wanna try to read it, though! >

noted!

ps: can u endure too many typos tho? lol i dont mind grammar but typos no no no no :p

Well, sometimes it irks me when it's like "typing 'your' instead of 'you're'" case and the like,

, but otherwise I'm good. English is not my native language, after all -- and I've done many typos in the past (and probably still), too! Haha!

But regarding the book I've requested above . . . well, I think I don't want to judge (the typos, the too-detailed-information, not-really-romance) before I read it myself. Some reviews could be more subjective and most readers have different taste and perspective. Also, this book is the Author's debut; if there are typos, I can understand. :)

oh my god really?! and here i had totally forgotten XP

thank you so much! screw the book YOU are the real gift!foxy3 (btw that doesn't mean i don't want it xp)

should i put it under spoiler too? ok here it is

name: Astiara

book title: [Claimings #4] Expeditions, Estimation, and Other Dangerous Pastimes]

link:

Hi

, thanks a lot for tagging me! However I didn't read the book because of the reasons I mentioned in the discussion. Therefore, I think I might not be eligible for the reward :)

Thanks again though!

haha noted

ok i think i missed it. i will read again the discussion. don't worry, buddy. i will let Racheal decided that : )

Thank you for tagging,

!

Sorry, guys, I couldn't participate in the discussion till the end. Work has been a little crazy since December:(

It would be amazing to read this book... Big thanks, Racheal

name: gerr05

book title: Bound by Blood

link:

Hi

sorry it's seem I missed your response.

If that's okay then I would like to request this book please

Name : Jochie

Book title :How to Be a Movie Star (How to Be #2) by T.J. Klune

Link :

The book will release next month :)

Thank you!

Hi

, sorry for belated response, I was awol for a while there :D and I really didn't know which book to request, cuz my to-read list is ever-growing :D

But, I just finished last book in series below, and I saw there's two more so I guess I found my request

name: Jela

book title: Irresistible Indigo (D'Vaire Series)

link:

Thanks for tagging me

:_red_fox 4

I love the reward

!

DS4dEhH.gif

name: crystald

book title: Any Given Lifetime

link: