• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eyms13

• crystald

• batista

• Anonlkc

This is my entry :) Hope it meets the requirements ^^; Sorry, it's really hard writing with word limits OTL

The First Time He Called My Name - 540 words

“Oi, megane-kun, come here for a second, will you,” Saito-senpai's voice stopped me in my tracks. Only for a moment though. I was determined not to answer until he learned my name so I continued walking.

“Oi, megane-kun, I'm talking to you. Oi!” I could hear his footsteps trailing behind me, which only served to motivate me to walk even faster.

“Hold on, will you,” a firm grip on my shoulder, forcing me to halt my pace and, a second later, his frame blocked my view. “What are you so pissy about anyway?”

Though still refusing to look at him, I could feel heat marring my cheeks, “I-it's not megane-kun, Senpai. I do have a name.”

“Ah, is that what it's all about?” his finger lifted my chin and I had no choice but to look him in the eye. If my cheeks weren't already beet red before, they definitely were now. Even the thick lenses of my glasses couldn't lessen the effect he had on me.

“Stop harassing your kouhai, Saito,” his friend chided jokingly from somewhere behind me.

“Oi, mind your own business!” Senpai shouted back, the distraction was a relief.

It was short-lived, however. “Let's find a place where we won't be disturbed, megane-kun,” he bent down and whispered. And, before I could make my escape, he grabbed my hand and dragged me away, ignoring my struggle completely.

It wasn't until we were in an empty classroom and he'd locked the door that he finally set me free. Not that I was, since he backed me into a corner and practically blocked my exits. “What do you think you're doing, Senpai?” This time, the heat rising throughout my body was partially due to anger, I was sure of it.

“Well, you don't want people to see what we're about to do, do you?”

“Wh-what we're about t-to do...” I wasn't sure what he meant but it couldn't be good.

“Yes...” he lowered his head slowly, his deep brown eyes never leaving mine. He was so close that I could feel his warm breath on my bare skin, tracing my cheeks and neck and I shivered. Though we didn't touch, his body heat made me feel light-headed, making it hard to string my thoughts.

“S-s-senpai...” was the only thing I managed to utter.

“Ryou...” he breathes into my ear and I jerked in surprise.

“M-my... Y-you...”

“Do you like that, Ryou...” Again, his soft baritone voice echoed in my ear. “You like it when I say your name, don't you, Ryou...” his whisper was like a spell and I trembled. Kamisama, my head was a mess and my heart was beating so loud I thought it was going to burst out of my chest.

I tried to get away but he grabbed hold of my hands and pinned them to the wall, all the while repeating my name like a mantra. Over and over. His voice sweet and soothing, as if wrapping me in its gentle embrace. And yet, alarm bells started ringing somewhere at the back of my brain, warning me not to let myself fall.

Somehow, however, I knew it was too late.

Advance happy holidays to everyone! This entry was written while listening to Passengers' "Heart's On Fire" (acoustic ver.) from the album Whispers. The song is awfully beautiful, heartwarming and heartrending at the same time. Actually the whole album is! (So try listening to it if you have the time, ne?)

Tears like dewdrops

His tears clung to his lashes like dewdrops on morning leaves. His lips shiver in the cold and I hold him tightly. In my arms, he searches for air in strained breaths. I hum to him a familiar song in effort to comfort him, and after a while he finally relaxes his body, his face buried in my chest.

"Don't leave me."

He pleads in a whisper. His words were spoken tiredly, but I knew a fervent earnestness was tied to them tightly, like the laces on his shoes. Like the string that tied his letters together. Like the red ribbon I used to tie our pinkies together years ago, promising to make him happy just like he had made me.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'll stay with you forever."

I assured him, holding his small body closer and resting his head on my shoulder. He was as soft and precious as I first met him, but now he was much too skinny. His scent, which was of the city bathed in moonlight after rain, mixed with the aroma of freshly baked lime cakes, was still the same as ever. The softness of his hair, the graceful curve of his nose, his gentle voice and his direct gaze. He was still my most important person in the world even when he turned out the way he was. He was still the same, but everything was so different.

He gives a weak giggle at my answer, but his laugh is easily buried by the pain that wreaks his body. His fingers find my shirt as he tries to pull me closer than we already were. I wanted to look away. I never wanted to see him this way, I never did. Yet with all my might I made myself watch him, to burn the image of him in my mind. I was past cursing the gods, past hating the world for doing this to him. He was fighting so gallantly, so how could I look away?

I caught his hand in mine, lacing our fingers together. Kissed his wounded wrist from all the needles that he had endured. But today would be the last. Today, I was taking him home.

"Let's have tea while we wait for first snow. I have a feeling we'll get lucky today." I told him, hoping to distract him.

The bus lurches to a stop as an elderly couple boards it, and he winces again. The wind outside catches before the doors close and a fallen leaf, brown and withered, makes its way down the aisle, stopping near us. He looks at it for a moment before pressing an innocent kiss on my lips.

"Thank you." He murmurs, his gaze capturing mine. His eyes were fire and golden, so different from his tired body, and I knew that if we ever met again, I'd fall in love with him all the same. Again and again, each time like the first time. Never was I a happier man until I met him, and never was I more broken when I learned he would leave me sooner than expected.

He smiles, and for a moment I see his lips curve to say my name before his eyes close and his body slumps against mine. I bite my tongue. In the end, he never got to see the new oven I bought for him, or the puppies Luna gave birth to. But that was okay. The next time we meet, I'll love him again. We'll be lovers again and live together. All over again, just like the first time.

I was writing this while thinking about how temporary we truly are in this world, but that doesn't stop life from being worth it all. Despite the pain and disappointments, I hope everyone is enjoying life as much as I do right now.

Entry: Firsts

Word count: 599 words

Firsts

“Lewis,” Doctor had meant to ask this one question for a long time. “You have affection for me only because I’m the last survivor of the research team, don’t you?”

They had been strolling for a while by then. The night was gorgeous with all the dazzling stars. They had gone to the bookstore and had delicious dinner together. Everything had been perfect until Doctor brought up the question.

About three decades ago, the world had faced a pandemic of the century. The disease itself did not cause much casualties as the scientists of the time had expected. However, the consequence was worse. Nearly 80% of the population became unfertilizable, thus the world population had drastically declined ever since.

It was the end of the world, or so people said.

Although it was only the matter of time before the cure for infertility was discovered. But by then, the research team had been dead because of the same disease, except for one person. He had been given prizes and bestowed as a hero.

“Doctor, it wasn’t like that. I really admire your achievement, which is the result of your admirable diligence. My admiration for you is the reason I’ve worked hard to be this close to you in the first place.”

Before Doctor got the wrong idea of what Lewis was trying to say, he kept talking:

“But because of it, I was really nervous for our first meet. My brain couldn’t process medical nor any course in STEM. I was afraid I couldn’t match up to you. But I was shocked when I saw you IRL.”

Though their feet had stopped, they were still holding hands, with all the fingers interlocked.

“Shocked of how cute you were, I mean, you are. Anyway, it was love at first sight. You were nothing like the impeccable genius I’d read about. Not that you’re not brainy, but that you’re not so distant to me anymore. You’re gentle and clumsy also. You make me feel that I can be at use, that I can help you with a thing or two. I fell for you.”

Doctor took a few seconds to process then smiled softly.

“Before we met, I never had feeling for anyone, romantically, and I didn’t expect anyone to love me either.” But I knew love right when our eyes first met. “I love you.”

Lewis could have said something in return. But he was too excited to the point of jumping onto his Doctor.

“Hey?! Wa…”

Lewis’s excitement was overwhelmed. Apparently he had intended to give Doctor a hug, but they ended up lying on the ground with Lewis’s face on Doctor’s chest and Doctor’s on his back instead.

Burying his head in the soft scent of Doctor, Lewis mumbled a sorry. Doctor started to stroking his hair gently, telling him that it was okay.

“Tonight’s the best of my life!” Wrapping his arms around his boyfriend’s neck, Lewis confessed. “It’s our official first date and your first “I love you” and...”

By then they both had sat up but still cuddling. Doctor reached out his hands and put them on Lewis’s cheeks so they could look into each other eyes despite the shyness.

“Do you fancy a kiss on your first date, my love?”

He grinned half-jokingly, then stunned almost immediately as he discovered that Lewis’s eyes were sparkling more than the stars could.

“Doctor, let’s consider this as our first kiss. And we could make love for the first time. And I’ll be your first and your last lover. Even if the world ends, I love you.”

It's my first post in the forum and first creative writing in English (not my native). Thanks for reading.

FLIGHT

This love I feel for him is burning me inside, every time we are on the same room my heart rate accelerates and my body temperature escalates. I do not know when I started to develop these feelings for him but now I cannot deny them. I love watching him run in the track field, his flush cheeks, the way he pants out of breath when he's done with his laps, the way some of the sweat drops would slowly slide down his neck and disappear pass his collarbone and get lost in his chest. The dreams I have about licking them clean off of his torso. When he looks up at the sky and smiles as he enjoys the summer breeze, I feel like I crumble just a little bit more, my unattainable love. There is this side of me that he doesn't know about, I'm afraid that one day he will notice and resent me for it. All of this makes my heart throb and hurt, hurt and throb in an endless cycle. I know this can never come to light, my love for him is not permitted, it would be frown upon by society, and most of all it would hurt him, so it can never see the light of day. And so it remains in the dark recess of my soul, where it will be kept a hidden secret even from myself.

Today he came back from home ec class with a tray full of brownies and happily gave it to me saying:

- Surprise Benny! I made this for you to congratulate you for getting the spot on the swimming tryouts. I even added some of the yummy nuts that grandma brought from her last trip!

Then he jumped on the couch right next to me to watch me taste one of the brownies, which were truly delicious. As I sat there watching him see me eat with that goofy look on his face, I realized that I was doing the right thing by walking away from his side, a period of time being apart would do us both good. In cooling off my feelings I would be able to remain by his side all of our lives instead of blurting out something hidden unexpectedly and losing him forever. It wasn't out of the blue, I had been planning this study trip abroad for quite some time, by the time I returned I hope to have moved on from this unrequired love of mine. This was the initial step in breaking away from my first love in life.

Hello, all you talented hobby writers!

;)

Thank you all for taking part in this contest!

This month too... it was hard to choose a favorite among all these great stories, yet we made a decision.

||WINNER||

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

foxypresent

Congratulations!!

As promised you will receive 5 000 points!

you will get 1 500 points!

Thank you once again for participating! I am looking forward to read your stories next time! ^_^

Hi

! &
!

This was so much fun!

Congrats to

!

cheering_minions.gif

Thank you and have an amazing week!

onion1