Podcasts with BL storylines

Ragne

Hello! After doing the videogame lists, I decided to do a list of podcasts that have storylines with BL elements (or gay/bi/lgbtq characters in general).

All these podcasts are free! I will add if they are complete and a little bit about what they are about.

All the podcasts (but one, which is Night Vale) are based on a linear plot and story.

This list has spoilers regarding the romances in the podcasts, for obvious reasons. If there is no happy ending for the romance, I will write it in the description, which means that if I write nothing... all is good :)

Adventure Zone: Balance arc

- Taako is pansexual and ends up starting a romance with death himself (Kravitz)

- Also there is an adorable lesbian couple

- Three adventures (Taako, Merle and Magnus) accidentally end up working for a mysterious organization that is collecting powerful relics

- DnD based fantasy, comedy (a lot!), drama (a lot!), mystery

- Complete

The Bright Sessions

- Caleb is one of the main characters and his episodes are mostly about him falling in love with Adam

- Damien is bisexual and falls in love (unrequired) with Mark (also bisexual). No happy ending for Damien.

- Every episode is a file of Dr Bright, a psychologist for superpowered people. The plot revolve around a group of her patients and her brother.

- Modern sci fi, superpowers, drama, psychological

- Complete

Critical Role: The Mighty Nein

- Mollymauk is pansexual/bisexual, Caleb might also be bisexual/non straight but no romance for any character (for now)

- It also has two probably lesbian/bisexual women

- A group of not particularly law abiding strangers end up working together to solve a series of murders

- Dnd fantasy (mechanics and fights based on DnD, no previous DnD knowledge requires), drama, comedy, adventure

- Ongoing

Critical Role: Vox Machina (haven't listened to this one, so description is shaky!)

- Gilmore is in love with Vax'ildan (unrequired, I think, and no happy ending)

- A group of mercenaries end up adventuring (sorry, I haven't listened to this one)

- DnD fantasy, drama, comedy, adventures, very DnD mechanics-based

- Complete

Penumbra Podcast: Juno Steel series

- Juno Steel is bisexual (and probably non binary) and in the first season he starts a relationship with Peter Nureyev (probable future happy ending?)

- This podcast has two main indipendent stories, one is Juno Steel. Story about Juno, a detective on Mars

- Political, drama, investigative, sci-fi, a bit of comedy

- Ongoing

Penumbra Podcast: Second Citadel

- Damien is a knight who is engaged (and in love) with Rilla, but they both starts falling for a monster lizard called Lord Arum. Probably going to end in an ot3.

- It also has a lesbian knight!

- This podcast is a fantasy medieval story about a citadel of humans at war with monsters

- Mystery, drama, sci-fi, medieva fantasy, a bit of comedy

- Ongoing

Welcome to Night Vale

- Carlos (a scientist) and Cecil (main character, radio host) are lovers (they start dating at about episode 30, I think)

- Parody of a radio show of a mysterious town full of absurd and creepy events

- Comedy, drama, satirical, surreal, supernatural

- Ongoing

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragne

• morning_flower94

Top Posters In This Topic

Update about Critical Role, the two women (Beau and Yasha) are definitely lesbian! Also Fjord (a male character from the podcast) might be into Caleb?? Who knows. That's still a mystery point.

• 4 months later...

Hello :D

I've only watched the critical role recently and Gilmore is definitely my fave NPC so far, but sadly his love is unrequited (I think it is because Vax is in love with a female druid)

I have never heard of bright session, It sounds very interesting, maybe I'll try that one too

Thank you for your recommendation