The hearts of the ocean (18+)

Yukonwolfspirit

Q shrugged "I'm use it. I prefer saltwater but my body can survive in both if neceassary." He replied as he gently pushed himself off from Yukie and floated into the cave.

Inside he spund around, hands folded on his back as he took another look around the cave.

"I can't believe this day really happened.." the merman admitted. "I still feel like all of this will be gone when I wake up"

Q clapped his hands tougether and looked back at the other. "Now how do we do this planting thing?"

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• M-jow

"Well....we move some sand and make a tiny hole and stuff it into it and kinda just push it down around the cave. The moss is heavy enough it will stay put once bunched together and a few days later it will take root." Yukie explained as he showed his mate how to plant the moss.

Q watch Yukie demonstrate the first plant befor he gently took another plant from the bag and planted it along side Yukie's. "Like this?" Q asked when he thought he had done it.

He helped plant everything from the bag into the sand until they ran out of plants. Q covered his mouth as he let out a big quiet yawn, buy bobbles gav him away. The merman felt beat and the adrenalin from the escape was no longer keeping him awake. The last few plants had been kind of a struggle, Q's head had tried to nodd off more than twice and maybe they weren't as nicely done as the first half.

"I don't think I can stay up much longer" Q sighed as he squeezed the bridge of his nose.

"Sleep then. I'll keep watch" Yukie added with a warm smile the male quite happy as he petted the bed made of moss. "Come lay down" Yukie whispered wanting his mate to relax and sleep.

Q didn't have to be invited twice and cuddle up against Yukie on the soft bedding.

"What about you" Q asked with a frown as he slid his arms around Yukie's tail.

"Aren't you tired? Your day has been just as event full as mine if not more and I can barely keep my eyes open. You need rest too don't you" Q peeked up at the male. "I liked sleeping next to you last night, I like listening to your snoring" He smiled sweetly and pressed his nose an against Yukie's skin to inhale his scent.

"I'm good for now I'll keep watch for a little while before we sleep" Yukie whispered his voice soft and relax as he snuggled into his mates body enjoying the warmth and company before instantly falling asleep his body to exhausted to even notice he was tiered.

'Liar' Q smirked as he closed his eyes and nuzzled his face into the crook of Yukie's neck. It didn't take longe as he listened to the other's breathing before Q slip into a heavy dreamless sleep. Feeling more at peace right then than he ever could remember.

Next day Q's body felt lazy and almost too comfortable. He didn't wanted to get up and instead snuggled closer.

"Hey, you guys up yet?" A familiar rough voice asked from the cave entrance.

"Mnh.." Q groaned tired and ducked his head to block the sound.

"You can’t sleep all day away up up, very one is off hunting today, we can't have we miss it" Torin chuckled, clearly having heard Q's groan.

"I can hunt later" Yukie moaned snuggling down.more, clearly not choosing to move from his happy little nest the male quite comfortable. Burying his face into Q's body more Yukie puffed up his fins hiding them both from the soft outside light.

Q let out a deep sigh of relieve as Yukie's fingers closed around them.

"Suit yourself" Torin's voice came back and then there was quiet yet again.

"Maybe we shouldn't sleep all morning away" Q mumbled after a bit but made no move to get up.

"I'll hunt for us tonight" Yukie replied snuggling and nuzzling into his mates body. "Besides I doubt hunting in a giant group is effective....Well Unless you find a giant school of fish" Yukie admitted with a yawn starting toto wake up more.

"Mmm.." Q's heavy eyelids peeked lazy open. His fingers had found a lock of loss hair to play with.

"I never caught anything before.. can you teach me some?" Q asked as he looked at Yukie's handsome face.

"Of course it's not hard fish are pretty stupid" Yukie Reuters lied sitting up as he stretched ready to go out and possibly hunt since he was more awake now.

Q groan in protest when Yukie sat up. Still with sleep tired eyes the merman stay down merly watching Yukie's finns move, before he yawned and rolled over to stretch.

Arms stretched above his head, neck tilting to the side and tail finns puffed out, taking up more space than one might have thought. His back finn and sid finns just stayed close to his tail as always.

"I didn't mean right now" Q said before another yawn cut him off.

"But I would like to go explore a bit together, if you are okay with it? Yesterday we didn't get to the reef before things had turned dark and I wanna try while day light is still burning"

"Well we can go while everyone is out hunting" Yukie admitted with a smile his hands wrapping around his new mate lovingly as he snuggled Q. "Why don't you lead the way?" Yukie asked with a small smile wanting to see his new mates adventurous side.

"Really!" Q sat up, he looked exited as he looked back and forte from the entrance to Yukie. In the end it didn't take much before he was up and swimming towards the opening.

Q had seen fish before, even some of the more colorful once and some fake corals. But both that and his expectations were all blown away instantly the second he peeked outside.

Color, so much of it that it almost hurt his eyes at first. He had studied some of the corals the night before, but now they looked so beautiful. Q Couldn't help himself as he launched out swimming between the corals until a school of red and white stripe fish caught is eye.

Clownfish! they were his favorite. He followed them to there home a big beautiful red anemone. Q's Hair and tail change color till he was just as visible as a red rose in a green garden. A fish mistook his floating hair for it's home and looked to like it.

Q giggled as he let the little guy do as it liked.

Yukie followed quietly and watched around them being quite protective of Q by watching their surroundings. "These little fish like you" Yukie admitted wondering if the fish where off limits on being eaten as he watched them. "I assume we don't eat the small ones?" Yukie asked curiously.

Q quickly turned to face Yukie, his eyes big and sad. "Could we please not, I'm not really that hungry!" The merman pleaded with the other. He hadn't considered the cute small fishy as food and he wasn't much for seeing them hurt either. the part about not being hungry was a lie though. Fact proven when his stomach let out a low growl.

Almost impressed by the sound itself Q hands went up to touch his stomach, he slowly looked back up at Yukie. His color changed back to a normal pale blueish. Fish in his hair lost interested and swam back to the coral. "It doesn't count to teach me if we are just gonna pick out on the easy prey" Q said still with his shoulders hanging just a bit as he went up closer to Yukie.

"Sorry...as deep as we live we don't have small fish like this, we have big fish and fish that are able to fight" Yukie explained looking at the fish gently. "I will show you how to catch a bigger fish for dinner" Yukie explained looking at Q with a promise of not eating the cuter fish.

Q nodded, he could get why Yukie's instinct would treat the small things as food but he was also very happy about how he respekt Q's decision to let the fish be.

Q smiled as he wrapped his arms around Yukie's. "But Not something too big right and not something with big teeth either, normal size fish are fine"

"We could eat a tuna or a squid...your choice" Yukie added wanting to fully hunt and eat a good fish for breakfast.

Out of those two Q only knew what one of them were. Squid tasted alright but the flesh was just so chewy, expescially since Q didn't have sharp fangs to cut through the meat as easily. "Tuna?" the merman said, hoping it was something less chewy.

"Do you think we'll find that around here?" Q asked staying close to Yukie as he looked around, but not sure what to look for.

"Tuna are huge and stupid fish. Most humans enjoy the taste and how much meat they have" Yukie explained showing with his arms just how big the tuna could be. "It will be more then enough to feed us" Yukie added swimming off into the cooler parts of the ocean his eyes watching for the fish.

From how Yukie described the fish Q wondered if he had ever seen anything like it before, but highly doubted it.

When Yukie started swimming off Q hurried it follow. But as the sand bottom started to disappear and the water around them turned more dark blue, he was starting to get chills. Having just gotten a bit use to the reef this was still as terrifing as it had been the day before and Q could see how his shoulders visibly started to shiver, eventhough he wasn't cold.

"You okay?" Yukie asked stopping as a few of the bigger fish swam around slowly waiting for the smaller schools of fish to swim by. "If you want I can show you on the bigger one how to hunt and find you a smaller one to practice on?" Yukie asked slightly worried his mate was to afraid to go out past home.

"I'm fine, it just the drop of temperatur" Q lied as he did his best to send Yukie a genuine smile.

"Don't mind me, I'll be careful not to be in your way and watch. But it they really are that big, maybe I should try with a smaller one first" Q agreed before looking back over his shoulder again, nervousness poured off of him. "You don't think there are sharks around do you?"