The hearts of the ocean (18+)

Yukonwolfspirit

"..I'm sorry.. "Q said in a low voice as he move closer to his mate. He want to comfort Yukie in some way but couldn't find any words to say. All he could do was to ensure that Yukie knew he was there with him.

"I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you to be all alone out there.." He continued as he gently leaned his forhead against Yukie's head.

"I think what happened to you and your own was horrorable and I wished there was something I could have done to help you.." Q looked down at himself. He couldn't go back in time or even change anything. "I know this might sound silly to you, but I feel guilty inside because I am incredibly happy that you was brought into my life.. You are so smart and strong. You always know what to do or act, and do your best to teach me about the world I never knew about. Your rough start formed you to what and who you are today and you are precious to me. Both you and blue. And I know I can't offer you much but I still wanna be a part of your pod (A flock/familiy)"

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• M-jow

"I would be honored to have you by my side" Yukie whispered watching Blue who was already half asleep the small mer dozing off. "I hope we can stay together forever." Yukie whispered before kissing Qs lips softly .

"Good" Q's lips smiled as he meet Yukies gentle Kiss. His tail moved till it was touching the others. Blue was surrounded between them in a warm embrace.

After a few more small kisses Q sighed as he Leaned his head down to rest on his arm. His eyes slowly moved down from Yukie's face to Blues. "He is asleep isn't he? " the mer asked in a soft whisper. "Maybe we should get some sleep too" He continued just before uttering a big yawn.

"Oh hes out cold" Yukie added with a chuckle his body settling down more as he yawned. Looking at Q Yukie kissed his head and then blues one last time before falling asleep the male exhausted from tgeor adventures and travels.

Exhausted from the day it didn't take long before he was asleep too. Resting his head against the nest close to his beloved with the child warm between them. Q sighed and let the dreams taken him away.

The next morning seem just as bright as the day before. The cave's walls reflected the soft light from the early morrning sun, that reached all the way down. Q stirred in his sleep before opening his eyes getting around before he completely woke. He stretches tail and arms as he moved himself off the nest. He felt like he hadn't slept much that was amazing especially since he couldn't remember what his dream had been about. He had been restless most of the night moving around but stopped every now and then as he felt the kid against him.

"Mmh its early" Yukie mumbled coveringnhis face with his tail the male yawning anf hiding from the soft light. Blue yawning looking up sleepily at the pretty light before snuggling back down into the bed his body curling up warmly and hidimg compleatly under his long fins.

Q smiled at the sight. Both of them looked so adorable trying to block out the sun to get more rest. And Q didn't have the heart to wake then since it really was early. "You guys just keep sleeping" Q whispered softly. He didn't plan on going anywhere, he just felt to restless to sleep himself. Q peeked outside the cave. The water was clear and the small fish was starting to emerge from their nightley hidding spots.

Q still wasnt comfortable being outside in the water alone, but he thought maybe a bit of practice wouldn't hurt as long as he stayed near the cave. So he slowly slept outside the safety of the cave and out in between the corals, where fish greeted him. If you were small cleaners nipped at his tail fins. It tickles but he didn't mind and if anything it was really fun to try, and they stayed with him even though he tried to turn around.

He wasn't far off from the cave you could still see it. Then a voice called out to him.

"Morrning" a mermaid with a long pink tail and just as long blond hair called out to him. She waved her hand and Q did the polite thing and wave back. But then something strange happened, she's went towards them. And it was when Q regretted it.

"Ah I was right, you are one of the new guys that came not too long ago. Haven't seen much of you" the girl giggled in a friendly way and Q found himself blushing.

" well we have been asleep most of the days and gone around the grounds in the evening." He said as he scratch his head not really sure what to say,. This was his first time ever to speak with a female since the welcome gathering. And he wasn't used to the soft way her giggle sounded all the sweetener coming off her. It was nice attractiving him as Yukies were, but it's still felt pleasant.

Yukie snuggling blue woke up afew minutes later and streatched the male frowning as he looked around for his mate. Leaving blue sleeping he slowly crept out of the cave and looked around before spotting Q next to another mermaid. Sitting and watching Q from his hiding spot Yukie watched protectively ready to rip out the others throat if his mate was even just a little threatened.

She was actually really nice. Q learned her name was Nessi. She was not yet mated but it didnt seem to bother her. Oh and she was apparently a seawitch.

When Q admited he had no idea what that was she was kind enough to explain abit to him. Like she could heal a wound very quickly, make potions that could make you feel confident. That had Q interested but he didn't dare to ask her futher about it. And thensje told him about her skill to look into a persons memories.

Q blinked in wonder. "So you can see into a persons mind and tell them what you've seen?"

"Uh no, I look inside but only pulls the memories forward. You are the other is then just as much able to see them as I am" Nessi answered.

"Could you try it on me?" Q asked.

" Sure if you wanna try I could, got something you forgot? An old lover you cant get a face on." She giggled teasingly.

Q simply shook his head. "No, its nothing like that... it is my past"

Yukie watched quietly Blue sneaking out and laying in the sand hiding his body like a fish would. Looking at Blue Yukie snickered at how cute he was before turning back to watch his mate protectively.

Nessi lead Q over to a rock and told him to sit down. Then she took the spot next to him. She was too close for Q comfort, nessi noticed this but had to be close enough to touch him if anything were to happen.

"Our skin needs to touch, I'm gonna use my hands okay. Oh and another thing. You might feel like you are reliving the memories but in reality it will only take a few minuts." She explained. Q sat tense and wondered if this really was a good idea. But another part of him told his it was better to know than to stay in the bark.

Q nodded a he felt ready and closed his eyes. He felt nessi's soft hands touch his skin. One on his shoulder the other on his cheek. A bolt of electricity went through him, going from each of her hand and then there were a flash and Q's body sunk together. Nessi stayed sidded holding Q from falling as she pulled at his subconsciousness.

After five minuts Q gasped as his eyes flew up. He pushed away from the mermaid to get out of her reach. Q's body shook violently as he rolled himself into a small ball and whined out small sorrowful cries. He wanted his mate, wanted yukie to hold him tightly, maybe even get mad at him.. he just wanted him.

Yukie instantly hissed and puffed up glaring at the woman as he shielded Q from her touch not liking that his mate was afraid of her. With his spikes out and his fins quite sharp Yukie watched the woman with murderous eyes. "Leave!" Yukie hissed not wabting to rip apart the woman but he was all the more ready to if she dared move closer to him. Blue watching swam over to Q and snuggled into his mum wanting him to not be scared and puffed up a little to protect his mum

Q wanted to help Nessi and make yukie undestand that she did nothing wrong. But he was too shaken up to do anything other than take blue into his arms as the child came to him. He hugged blue thightly to his chest as his heart beat loudly in fear. His eyes prickled with tears but you couldnt see them cause they were carried away by the ocean water.

Nessi held up her hands ti show he meant no harm, but seeing as what she had seen had shocked her to, she figured it would be the best to just leave them alone. So she did what yukie told her too and swam off.

Q grabbed on to yukie and sighed. He felt so relieved having him there than it actually made him cry even more.

"I-m sorry Yukie.. she wasnt dangerous. Dont be made with her, I asked her to do it." Q stammered as his fingers trampled.

"She showed me my past.. that is what made me like this not her"

"She is no longer welcome" Yukie growled his voice ice cold. Picking up his mate Yukie carried Q easily back to the nest. Tucking both Q and blue back into their bed Yukie huffed and settled down his spikes still defensive and bothered by the fact his mate had so easily gotten hurt.

Q smiled through tears as his mate picked him up and took them back to the cave they had started to call home. Q hugged blue with one arm as the other went up to caress yukies neck. A little touch to smooth the other's anger. Only when they were all safely inside did yukie lower his defence. Q could touch much on yukie when his spikes were out, but as they settled Q scooped over to invite yukie to lay with him.

"I'm not wounded love, please, I'm sorry for scaring you"

"....I've never been afraid like that..." Yukie whispered settling down beside his mate his arms wrapping protectivly around his mate. Sighing softly he buried his face in Qs neck hiding away from the world for a little bit the male having never felt such fear of losing his family since he was a pup.

Q felt terrible for frightening him like that. All he could do was to ensure yukie that he wasn't going anywere and that they were all safe for now.

His hand landed on the back of the other's head as yukie hid his face against his neck. Yukies light breathing tickled plesant as the exhaled water hit his skin.

He needed time. Time for Yukie but also himself to calm down. He gently stroke yukies hair as he lay there thinking. Progressing the new knowledge he had just learn.

His throat felt rough and tight as faced he hadnt remembered up until now made his eyes tingle again.

Memory:

The first few years of his life was mostly blurry, like with other small children. A few thing however did stand out, his parents. His kind but strict when needed mother, his father, the big stongs male with a scare across his face. And his belowed elder sister with beautiful amber color eyes and long black hair.

Yukie held onto his mate his body eventually relaxing from exhaustion. Once his body relaxed it was only afew minutes until he was out cold needing to sleep.

Q lay listening to yukies breathing. He felt more relaxed with his partner and blue next to him, but that didn't mean he could close his eyes and let himself drift off.

Memory:

His sister and him had been left to themself for a bit. It was normal for the two to be together and his sister was old enought to take care of a younger child. Mom had just kissed his cheek as his father had called her over.

He had two giant fish speared on his spear. Mom looked at him with a loving smile and father looked proud and wore a big grin over his scared face.

When they left for the beach, Q remembered asking why they alway left with food and came back with a lot less.

His sister had just rolled her eyes at him. "They do something that's called 'smoking' and stores as much food away they can find, so we got enough food for when food is low in the sea."

"Why? arnt there enough fish?" Little Q asked concerned.

She rolled her eyes again and sighed. "Come on I'll show you something..."

Yukie snuggled more into his mate pulling him closer as he slept. Moving softly agaisnt the small current in the cave he continued to sleep deeply.

• 4 weeks later...

"This is why" the sister held her arm out to point towards the weird looking seaweed dangling from the bottom to the top(a fishing net)

Q didnt like being near that stange thing which just stood there. He spotted a few fish trying their luck getting past but the thing was to wide to get around.

Q wanted to go back, it felt as if the longer they watched it the closer it got. But when he finaly got the courage to turn around he stopped. The seaweed was now behind them as well blocking their way back. Q's sister hadnt noticed it yet, she was still looking ahead but when Q made her aware that something was wrong by sounding a distress call she was quick to realise the mistake she had made.

"Hurry swim!" She said as she tried swimming towards the way they had come from only the seaweed didnt allowe her through. Soon the thinf was all around them and coming closer fast. He tried bitting the thing over with his sharp fangs as his sister cried.out a loud distress call for their parents as they where pulled up towards the surface.

(End of memory scene)

Q shivered with the old memories of fear. He knew now what had happened after and little by little he started to realize he had no one left. Q's color changed to a dark gray, reflecting his emotions ou sorrow for the family he had long lost but never mourned.

He pulled himself closer to Yukie, wanting desperately to feel another's warmth beside him. And he quietly cried himself to sleep, making his eyes red and puffy.

Yukie snuggled Q a little more wrapping his family protectively in his fins. Waking a few hours later Yukie stretched and looked around before getting up and heading outside to hunt leaving his mate and pup behind for the night.

Q was slow to wake but he woke early, missing the warmth of yukie beside him.

As his eyes opened Q only saw the child. Wondered where Yukie were but tried not to worry too much. Knowing he could take care on his own.

Q still tired as hell from yesterday curled round the pup and nuzzled the boy's hair gently.

Blue yawning snuggled into the warmth his own sleepy eyes opening as he looked around already wanting to go outside and play. "Can I go outside?" Blue asked Q softly wanting to go outside so much.

Q smiled as he found the boy absolutely adorable. He wasnt however all that willingly to let him swim off on his own, so he was a bit hesitant.

"So long you dont stray too far I guess it will be fine" Q said as he got up of the nest himself. "Want me to come with you?" He asked, more because he would feel better being there if anything did happen to the pup.