Learning japanese!

鼠ドル

Well, it seems that there's many that want to learn japanese but might not be able to have proper classes. So, I thought I might as well give a few recommendations for good sites and learning instruments.

First of all, a textbook is indeed handy.

The textbook I used in my japanese classes was the "Japanese for young people" series. Genki is a good source of materials to learn japanese.

The main page:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Not only can you buy different kinds of japanese textbooks on Genki's site, you can also find other various instruments. In the "Self-study" section, you can find useful links for learning the kanas, vocabulary, kanji and grammar/conversation.

Link:

is a good tool to practise kanji and also hiragana&katakana.

For offline practises I also found a programme called kanji gold.

It is a programme that helps you learn and practise kanji with tests, different levels of kanji, pop-up flashcards etc.

You can download it here:

All these programmes and sites are free to use!

I hope this is of use for you (:

• Like 5

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 鼠ドル

• SviAolDen

• mixlol

• Nitro+Chiral_Fan

You're very welcome (:

I get the question from time to time so I thought I might as well do a thread ^__^

It's not hard to find a good site if you know what to search for, but there's also quite a few bad ones too. And many that want you to pay for their services. If there's anyone who has more recommendations, do share! (:

Here's another suggestion, if I may : I myself used the Minna no Nihongo textbook series and I liked it a lot, the lessons were gradual in difficulty and not overwhelming and they followed one another pretty logically. With both books (one in japanese with sentences, texts, exercices, etc. and one in whatever your language is (i personnally used the French version but I think there's also one in English) with grammar explanations and vocabulary) it's easy to study alone. ^^ I don't think the entire books are available in the internet but they should be relativly easy to find on online bookstores.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Thank you for your suggestions, I am very excited to learn Japanese. I am very happy these threads have been posted.

• 1 year later...

Kanji Gold is simple but really helpful! Thank you!

I'm using

to make words/kanji flashcards and practice.

I also recommend

, for Kanji, expressions, quizz... There are some other
that maybe will be useful...

• 2 years later...