Ephemeral Blood ~ Sathenus & mik3la

mik3la

Jonah was honestly happy to hear that Sakura didn't want to face Micheal face to face and would prefer that one of them ask the older vampire instead. "We'll ask him for you." Jonah said with a nod and a smile. He'd be the one who saw Micheal next so he'd be sure to ask the vampire about it, see what the older man knew. It wasn't like he wasn't used to getting information out of Micheal after all... well... information that he wanted to share. Micheal wouldn't tell him anything he didn't want him to know, so if he did find out any information it was because the vampire wanted them to know about it.

"It's okay." Jonah added reaching over and patting Sakura's leg gently. He didn't want Sakura to put himself into that situation again especially if he wasn't ready for it. His mind was on what he might uncover though, there were countless possibilities as to what they could discover.

Medive was surprised that Sakura thought of Micheal but he had to admit if anyone knew it was probably the older vampire. "Jonah would have the best chance getting the information from him if he knows anything." He agreed knowing that Jonah would have the best chance to discover anything.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• Sathenus

Sakura smiled at Jonahs comment and was thankful that they found his idea of them handling the conversation with the guy just right. What made him a little confused was the way Medive said his comment. It was kind of strange the way he said it and he wanted to ask but then again, a part of his mind made him bite his tongue not wanting to ruin the night with his dumb speculations so he just nodded and stayed silenced.

the night went smooth and soon they head in tend to have some rest as they were going back home tomorrow. so much for this vacation, he thought for himself a little sad that it was already over.

The rest of the night went by really smoothly, after the discussion about trying to find out more about vampires like Sakura they just sat around the fire talking and joking with each other. As the night start to drag on they one by one slowly dispersed and entered the tent to get some sleep before they'd all be heading back in the morning. Medive was the last one to join the two vampires in tent, and with that being he didn't wake up very easily or willingly in the morning either. Mumbling and grumbling at the idea of getting up when he was clearly not ready to do so. But it was time for them to get home. They had put their work aside long enough and despite how things had gotten at one point it had been a really nice trip.

Once everyone was up and moving they packed the camp and prepared for the hike back to the car and the drive back home to the mansion. Jonah was glad to be able to go home and relax there since it was his last day to 'rest' before he was expected to return to Micheal. His mind absolutely refused to let him forget when he was due to return. Or perhaps... it was his body that refused to forget? He'd be lying to say he wasn't getting excited and anxious about seeing the older vampire again. Especially now that he had specific information to try to obtain. But he knew that while yes it was important he try to discover what if anything Micheal knew about vampires like Sakura it was still important that he get more information for Medive too. So he'd have to be extra careful about his approach and get as much information as possible out of the older man.

His mind was putting strategies together to get the most information possible before it was decided that he had been given enough information for the visit. So he wasn't even aware of when they had finally made it to the car and were packing things away before they all piled into the vehicle. This time Jonah insisted that Sakura sit up front with Medive as the older vampire drove. Jonah getting comfortable in the middle seat in the back and still happy and eager to talk the other two vampires' ears off the whole way home.

As the next day came by and they had to return home. The road back to the car was silent but he sense something was wondering in Jonahs mind but he didn't want to intrude and see what it was about. If the other wanted him to know he would tell him. Even if it felt like he was hiding something, he decided that it was his choice to say something about it.

Sitting on the front sit along side Medive he had access to the radio so he turned on the music to lift the silence from the care and to loosen up the atmosphere.

The car ride back home was quiet and nice. Jonah didn't feel the need to break the silence, though he did have a small feeling that Sakura was aware of how he had been thinking about Micheal or at least aware that there had been something on his mind. But since the other vampire didn't say anything and didn't pry into his thoughts Jonah was happy to leave it alone. As they were getting closer to the mansion again he sighed realizing how much work still had to be done not that he was about to do any of it today. He was going to relax still and enjoy the rest of the day and would handle such matters in the morning. It was a couple hours before they were pulling up in front of the mansion again and Jonah was slipping out of the car.

Once the other two had joined him out of the vehicle he turned his gaze to Sakura and smile at the cute vampire. "I say we still don't jump back into work until tomorrow. Instead we can lounge around together watching movies, or do something else." He suggested. Medive didn't seem to mind voicing that he was up for whatever they wanted to do.

Once home he sigh. He didn't want to return to his busy schedule that he had with the business and just wanted to stay away for a little longer. And it seemed that Jonah was on the same page. Smiling he nodded as they entered the house.

"Want to eat something before a movie?" he asked looking at them both heading to the kitchen. His stomach wanted something to eat but wasn't sure if he wanted blood or normal food. But he wanted to drink some blood since for the past days ate normal food.

"Sounds like a lovely idea." Medive replied as he followed Sakura into the kitchen and moved towards the fridge to grab a blood bag. Jonah agreed as well and followed after them, Medive tossing the other vampire a bag of blood as well before he offered one to Sakura to see if that was what the vampire was feeling or if he wanted some actual food instead. "I think relaxing today with some movies will be a good way to end our little vacation. We can return to business in the morning." Medive commented.

Jonah fully agreed. They worked so much that even small breaks like these(though it would have been a large break in the eyes of most vampires) were really appreciated and it made Jonah want to enjoy it for as long as possible. After they had finished eating he lead the way into the livingroom and settled down on the couch, Medive getting comfortable as well once more leaving an empty spot between them for Sakura. Once the other vampire had joined them Jonah had taken up the remote and was looking through movies. "Is there a type of movie you two want to watch?" He asked turning his gaze from the TV to the other vampires.

As they were sitting in the living room he made himself comfortable on the sofa and was leaning on Jonah with his shoulder and his legs on Medives lap. that way he could be connected with both of them.

"I was thinking something with vampires" he said smiling wanting to see what they could find about their kind. Even if the movies never did them justice it was fun to watch and comment on them.

"Vampires it is." Jonah mused with a smile as he returned to looking through the movie trying to find a good vampire movie. Or well, one that didn't make them out to be complete monsters. It didn't take him too long to find one and he put it on, setting the remote to the side before he was relaxing back on the couch. A hand was absently running through Sakura's hair as they were watching the movie.

Medive was relaxed and leaning against the couch as well, not minding that Sakura's legs were resting in his lap. He was just enjoying the three of them spending time together watching a movie. It was nice and relaxing, not feeling the need to do anything than spend time together. When the movie was over Medive selected the next one, deciding to keep the vampire theme that Sakura had suggested.

As the movies went one they laughed and commented about them. One was making vampires sparkle and was super cringy which made Sakura laugh really hard never imagine them both be like that. The next one was about an interview with a vampire which was more bloodier than the other but he didn't mind. It was kind of making justice to the vampire universe they were living. And the last one put Sakura on thoughts. It was called the queen of damned and it was about an old vampire queen that was brought back to life in the modern world wanting to take over humans again as she saw them as food and nothing more.

That movie caught his attention and wanted to know more about that cause it was apparently made after a book. Maybe it as all fictional but something in the ancient details on the vampire queen were kind of familiar to him. Like some of the pictures he saw in the books he read. Maybe there was a small truth to the story which he had to figure it out.

Jonah was sleeping peacefully by the time the second movie had even gotten ten minutes in. Medive on the other hand was more than happy to keep watching movies with Sakura while Jonah slept. As they got to the third movie he noticed how Sakura was watching it differently than those before it. Curiosity was boiling up inside of him as he turned his gaze from the movie to the young vampire. "What's on your mind? You're watching the movie rather intently. Much more so than the previous two." He questioned curious what Sakura was thinking about.

He personally really liked the Queen of the Damned and was glad that they had decided to watch it. But even he didn't watch the movie that intently despite it being one of his favorites. Though if he was thinking about it there was a chance that he was just giving this too much thought and that Sakura really wasn't watching it differently than the others. Though the chances of that were slim they weren't nonexistent.

He looked at Medive feeling caught in action. he thought he was asleep as Jonah was but he caught him being to interested in it. Biting his lip he took a deep breath and spoke as he turned to watch the screen.

"Some of the symbols from her are like the ones i've seen in some books in your library. I cannot make a direct connection with them but i know they were about the .... my kind" he said thinking more about it and trying to figure a connection.

"I don't know, maybe is just fiction and they took some symbols from books they thought were interesting but ... the coincidence its too big" he shrugged looking more careful at the movie.

Medive listened as Sakura explained to him what had caught his attention and his thoughts and views on it. It was an interesting idea, one that Medive didn't want to squash on Sakura. There was after all the much higher chance that it was a coincidence than the fact that it was true but it was something to be given thought as well. "You really want to know more about your kind, don't you?" Medive asked as he was thinking about it his mind going over the symbols in the movie and the books he had in his library.

Sakura was right, there were matches, but there were other symbols that weren't in his library as well and the books that the symbols were in were ancient and he wasn't sure how much luck Sakura would have reading them. "Well... you're more than welcome to my library if you do think there is something there but... those books... they are long before your time often in ancient forgotten languages. Hunting down the information you're looking for won't be easy. But... I'll help you the best I can if you're sure this is something you want to discover." Medive offered.

He wouldn't get between Sakura and finding out who he was or about his kind of vampire. Instead he'd do what he could to help him out unless he discovered he should do otherwise. Even if it meant going through ancient books with him and helping him translate the text. "Maybe Jonah will be able to get his hands on some other books from Micheal as well. The Tzimisce have the largest collection of ancient books that could hold the answers you're searching for."

"I'll really appreciate the help" he said referring to the translation of the texts the books were written in. Those languages were to ancient for him and some of them he never heard of or seen any scripts. He smiled and then looked at Jonah.

"I think i'll let this one for now on me. He is already doing enough of dealing with the guy asking all the information we spoke about. Getting books would be too much to ask" he said smiling as he admired Jonah for sleeping so comfy. "I think we both can manage the books we have here for now" he added turning his gaze to Medive placing it over his knee.

"It's like a strange feeling that i get when something connects. I don't know how to explain it but...it's like my guts is telling me i'm on something and i have to dig more and find out" he said explaining how he really felt.

Since he and Jonah had that conversation on the mountain and decide it to communicate more with one another, that was what he was doing.

Medive was a little surprised that Sakura didn't want Jonah to try to get any of the old books that were kept by the Tzimisce. It seemed that the young vampire thought Jonah was already doing enough just by dealing with Micheal and trying to get the information from him. Granted he wasn't wrong he knew Jonah getting the books wouldn't have been all that difficult. Still, if Sakura didn't want Jonah to do so then he'd honor that and not have the other vampire try to get the books.

"Okay, at the very least it's a good start." He said with a nod. Knowing that the books he had here would at least be a good starting place. Worse come to worse and they needed the other books he could always go get them himself. Soon Sakura was telling him how he felt about it and why he wanted to do this, expressing that he got a strange feeling when something seemed to connect. As though an instinct was telling him that he was onto something and had to dig further.

"Well... I'll support you. If I can help you uncover things I will." Medive told Sakura with a smile. He'd do what he could to show his support and help Sakura figure things out. Considering how much of the younger vampire's life he tried to control beforehand he thought it was time that he sit back and just help Sakura figure out things. Help him discover himself and figure out why he was as unique as he was. Medive felt like it really was much more than just the fact that he was the jewel, but there was no way to know for sure until they dug as deep as they possibly could and uncovered secrets that were probably hidden for centuries.

Sakura was happy to hear Medive be so willing to help him in his search about the history of his kind. It was something important for him but for them too. They need to find more stuff about his kind in order to know what he actually was and what other side effects could there be.

"It's getting pretty late. We should get some sleep" he said looking at Jonah who was silently sleeping and back and Medive. "Would you carry him in his room?" he said smiling getting up and kissing his lips gently before turning and placing one on Jonahs then he headed up to his room. "Good night" he smiled and disappeared, the needed rest.

Medive watched as Sakura got up kissing him gently before he was turning and giving the sleeping figure of Jonah a soft kiss as well. Saying goodnight and leaving the room heading upstairs to bed. Medive turned his gaze to the sleeping vampire who he had been asked to carry to bed. Jonah definitely looked cute sleeping and he wondered how the vampire could possibly sleep so much but left it alone. Getting up he was careful to scoop Jonah into his arms and carry him upstairs to his room. A room he came to realize Jonah never actually used since Sakura had been turned the two had always slept together. It made him wonder why Sakura hadn't taken Jonah to bed with him, but he shrugged it off and left it alone.

Gently laying Jonah down he was quick to tuck him into bed before he was leaving the room and heading to his own to get some sleep. Despite the fact that it was getting late he wasn't exactly tired yet. Medive ended up lying there silently for a few more hours before finally falling asleep. Even then he would have said it was because he was bored and not because he was actually tired. In the morning he was the first one awake, not all that surprising. It was pretty common actually. He made his way down to the kitchen to get some blood before he'd get started on his work for the day.

Jonah woke up feeling refreshed himself and was quick to also head downstairs to get some blood. He knew he was supposed to return to Micheal today. There was of course that small part that was still curious about what would happen if he didn't return to him today, at the same time he knew it shouldn't be tested. Especially when Sakura needed information from the vampire and was counting on him to get it. Meeting Medive in the kitchen wasn't really surprising but he wanted to once more make sure that Sakura was set for the day before he went off to get his own things done.

Next morning Sakura woke up pretty fresh and ready for doing his job for the warehouse and all the paperwork that needed to be delivered to the financial department to make all the preparations and registrations.

"You guys are early" he said smiling taking an apple from the fridge not feeling like eating blood. He needed to keep a balance between nutrition of both sides.

"I thought i was going to be the early bird since i have to head the papers to the department" he added leaning on the counter looking at them both.

"I guess we all had the idea of getting an early start on work." Jonah mused with a smile as he leaned against the counter. "How'd you sleep?" He asked Sakura as he finished his bag of blood and through it out. "I can go with you to drop the papers off if you want. Then we'll go our separate ways to get the rest of our work done." He offered. Jonah didn't mind going with Sakura if the other vampire was alright with it.

Medive on the other hand didn't have the time to make such a detour and he moved over to kiss Jonah before he was giving Sakura a kiss as well. "I on the other hand need to head out. I'll be back some time this evening." He told the pair though his eyes moved to Sakura. "We can start on the book translations after dinner if you're not too tired otherwise we can start tomorrow morning. I should have some more free time by then." He suggested.

After that Medive was wishing them both a good day before leaving and heading on his way. Jonah turned his attention back to Sakura and gave him a smile. "I'm not sure when I'll get home today. Have a few different things that I need to do. That's one of the downsides to being a vampire though." It was clear by his voice that he really didn't mind the busy days. Especially since the sooner he got most if not all of his work done the sooner he'd have a free day or two that he could use to spend at home.

"Sure, i don't mind" he said smiling finishing the apple. It was enough for the morning breakfast. Kissing Medive quickly back before he left he turned to Jonah.

"I'll go take the paper and we can leave" he said and stopped in the doorway turning to look at him. "You don't have to worry. I'll be working with Medive in the library at some transcriptions so i will not be alone" he smiled shrugging then rushed up to his room changing into more office outfit and then returned in the living room taking the envelope with the papers.

"All ready" he said leaning on the wall at the entrance waiting for him.

A bright smile appeared on Jonah's face when Sakura agreed to let him go with him to drop the papers off. The younger vampire was soon telling him that he'd be working with Medive to translate some texts so he wouldn't be alone and that he didn't have to worry. A shy look appeared on his face, because he really had been worried about the young vampire. Jonah knew he had to give Sakura more space and that he'd be fine if he was alone and didn't always have them by his side. It didn't mean that he wasn't worried about him though. "I'm glad to hear you won't be alone." He admitted.

Sakura leaving to get ready meant that Jonah had a chance to think over what he was supposed to do and get done today as well. It wasn't long before Sakura returned though and Jonah's eyes fell on the other vampire taking in his look. A pleased purr escaped his lips before he could stop it eyes raking over the other vampire's body. "You look sexy." He purred with a smile. Moving over to the other vampire he was leaning down for a deep kiss before taking Sakura's hand that wasn't holding the envelope with the papers and leading him towards the front door. He definitely liked the way Sakura looked in more office appropriate attire, not that he didn't think he looked bad to begin with.

Sakura giggled and kissed him back. "Well thank you. I happened to like being dressed like this but they are not as compfy as they appeared to be" he added laughing taking his hand in his and getting in the car driving to the department to leave the papers.

"As i understand you like me dressed like this?" he mocked him a little in the car, keeping his devilish smile on his face.

"I do, there is definitely no denying that." Jonah replied as Sakura returned to the car after dropping off the papers. His eyes were raking over the other vampire again really liking the way he looked dressed like that. Though he laughed amused after being told that they weren't as comfortable as they looked. "Believe me, I know. They still look incredibly good on you though." He commented with a smile. Jonah wasn't unaware of the devilish look on Sakura's face but he found it hard to think about that when the other vampire was just so... sexy.

Jonah was quick to lean over to give Sakura another kiss a bright smile appearing on his face once more. "I'd love to just stay and check you out like this all day... shame that it's not an option today." It was clear by how he said it and the tone of his voice near the end that he really would appreciate it and was sad that he couldn't. "I suppose I'll just have to admire you like this more often and show you just how sexy I think you are like this next time." He mused thoughtfully.

"I wouldn't mind at all" he said as he was dropped of back home and leaning in the kiss the other offered. "Be careful and see you later" he winked at him blowing a kiss in the air as he entered the house again.

For now he was alone but he still could keep himself busy with some books from the library that were in modern day English.

"I'll see you later." Jonah replied happy to return the kiss before he watched Sakura head back inside. Sighing he leaned back in his seat for a moment before he finally driving back into town. For awhile he did everything he could to hold off his meeting with Micheal, not because he didn't want to see the vampire again but because he was starting to hate how eager he felt the closer their meeting became. After a few hours he couldn't hold it off anymore having finished all of the other things he had to do today. Sighing he drove to the building and parked in a spot near the front door. As usual he went inside and said he was here to see Micheal before he was waiting to be lead into the vampire's office. This part always made him uneasy and today seemed to be no different.