Videogames (non romance focused) with gay romances

Ragne

Hello!

I was thinking of sharing a list of games where you can play a female character, male character or NB, and romance characters who are NB or of the same gender!! As the forum is MM specifically, I put in bold the games where you can play as a male character romancing a male character.

The format is Name game (characteristic, type of game): NameCharacter (gender of character, who can romance the character, anyone if the character is pansexual/bisexual)

Arcana (mobile visual novel, ongoing, romance is the purpose of the game, so you can’t not romance characters): Nadia (f, anyone), Julian (m, anyone), Asra (nb, anyone).

Baldur’s Gate 2 (D&D rpg enchanced edition): Dorn Il-Khan (m, anyone can romance him, i honestly only play this romance with the mod that fixes some stuff and gives a new ending), Hexxat (f romanced only by other female characters).

Divnity: Original Sin 2 (rpg): Fane (m, anyone), Sebille (f, anyone), Ifan (m, anyone), Red Prince (m, anyone), Beast (m, anyone), Lohse (f, anyone)

Dragon age Origins (fantasy rpg): Zevran (m, anyone), Leliana (f, anyone)

Dragon age II (fantasy rpg): Isabela (f, anyone), Fenris (m, anyone), Anders (m, anyone), Merrill (f, anyone)

Dragon age Inquisition (fantasy rpg): Sera (f, romanced only by female characters), Dorian (m, romanced only by male characters), Iron Bull (m, anyone), Josephine (f, anyone)

Dream Daddy (dating simulator, humor, you play as a male gay character): Robert (m), Joseph (m), Hugo (m), Mat (m), Craig (m), Damien (m), Brian (m).

Fallout 4 (rpg, I am not sure of these romances): Cait (f, anyone), Magnolia (f, anyone), Piper (f, anyone), Preston (m, anyone), Maccready (m, anyone)

Jade Empire: Sky (m, anyone), Silk Fox (f, anyone)

Mass Effect trilogy (sci fi rpg): Liara (agender but coded as female, anyone), Kelly (f, anyone, only second game), Samara (agender but coded as female, anyone), Steve (m, romanced by male characters, only third game), Samantha (f, romanced only by female characters, only third game), Diana (f, anyone, only third game), Kaidan (m, anyone, only third game).

Mass Effect Andromeda (sci fi rpg): Peebee (agender but coded female, anyone), Jaal (m, anyone), Vetra (f, anyone), Gil (m, romance for male player), Suvi (f, romance for female player), Reyes (m, anyone), Keri T'Vessa (agender but coded female, anyone)

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (rpg): Aloth (m, anyone), Tekehu (m, anyone), Maia (f, anyone), Xoti (f, anyone), Serafen (m, anyone).

Skyrim: I am sure there is at least one modded campaign with lgbtq romance content!

Solstice (visual novel, non costumisable player characters): Kaisya (m, romance for the male main character Galen)

The Technomancer (rpg, player character is male): Andrew (m)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragne

• confidant_v

• morning_flower94

• YellowMelon

Thank you for sharing!

I've been wanting to play Arcana, so, if you played it, what is your review of it is? Also, do you know how much it roughly costs? And, given your knowledge of such games, do you know of any other mobile games that fits your list, as I only play games on my phone since I don't have other gaming devices (with the exception of a laptop. However, I use that for work purposes only)?

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Hi

Arcana is pretty nice! It has a nice mystery plot and some interesting characters. It has been slow on the updates recently, but I admit I enjoyed both the romances (all of three!) and the general story especially regarding the main character.

I am a fan of rpgs with a lot of plots, so I am a bit disappointed that the choices in Arcana don't matter very much, but they are still fun and they are mostly there for minor changes in the storyline.

The game is free! I would suggest not spending money on it! You can spend money to buy keys or in game coins. The game is divided in chapters and you need a key to read each chapter (even to reread them), but the keys replenish daily, so I'd suggest waiting for them to replenish instead of buying them.

Coins are used to buy chapters so that you can replay them whenever with all the possible options, or to buy specific options. These options are usually the most romantic ones so they are just cute/romantic scenes, not necessary for the plot.

But, you can earn in game coins and even keys through a cute mini game so you shouldn't use real money to buy anything!

What I do is that I play the minigame (you can play three times daily) to earn in game coins and keys to buy my fav chapters, but I play the game without spending money but checking the extra options on youtube. If you search the name of the chapter and the character you can find the youtube video of all the paid options!

About other mobile games I am not sure if Solstice is one! I know it is a visual novel, so it might be supported on phones but I am not sure if Solstice can be only found on Steam (and I know Steam shouldn't already be available on phone).

I am also quite sure Baldur's Gate (Enhanced Edition) is available for phone and the same for 80days. I didn't put 80days in the list, but in the game you play as the valet (manservant?) of the guy who has to travel around the world in eighty days, and you can have two storylines (very cute and short) where you find romance.

I also wanted to add some games that I haven't played (so I don't have a lot of information about them):

- Break Chance Memento (visual novel)

- .hack//G.U. Last Recode

- Divinity Original Sin (first one)

- LongStory (indie, rpg)

- Expedition Vikings

- A House of Many Doors

- Torment Tides of Numenera (rpg, not sure if this has a romance option or just romance implied)

OMMMMMGGGGG JADE EMPIRE!! I played that like 100 years ago XD XD It was so much fun and I ABSOLUTELY romanced a man hahah! I miss that game so much. I really want to play it again!

Also I'm a huge fan of the .hack series and I highly recommend it, but the "male romance" is little more than just a joke. There's a character (Endrance) who seems to really fall in love with the main character (Haseo) and if you get your friendship with him up enough he'll try and marry Haseo. There are images of Endrance in a wedding dress, but Haseo is obviously not receptive. Still it's funny, but nothing I would say is romance. Not that they aren't totally shippable hahah!

ohh thanks

! good to know! I just found it in a list but I know nothing of it : D

About Jade Empire, did you also play the other Bioware games? Romance wise, bioware is truly the best!

But I've heard the new Assassin's Creed is going to be an rpg with romance too

I never did get in on Dragon Age (my sister did!) but I was up in that Mass Effect for a while! Admittedly it's been years so my memory is hazy. Some of my students are actually going through Mass Effect right now (the new one released not too long ago right?) so I've been thinking about revisiting it. I've always wanted to play Baldur's Gate. I guess the game I played the most out of them and enjoyed the most was Jade Empire. Not that Mass Effect wasn't ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, but when I think back on it I can't seem to remember much of my playthrough!

I heard the new Assassin's Creed was going to have romance in it too! I'm so excited! I never thought that the series needed the option, but now that it's happening I'm sooooo excited for it. Honestly I would have killed for a lesbian romance with Aveline from AC: Liberation, but hey it's never too late XD

Do you play the Persona games? Their romances are a bit confining, but it's there. I was really disappointed that the latest Persona didn't have the option to romance a male. This protagonist would have been the perfect candidate for that type of romance. >.

I've heard so many good things about the Persona games, but I only have a pc and no other console :(

I would love to buy a playstation one day.

Oh, they are playing Andromeda? I've heard so many conflicting things about it, so I have yet to play it.

I love Mass Effect (especially the second one), but I've always been more of a fantasy person (and I love stories about gods and religions haha), so I do prefer DA. Baldur's Gate is a great... the second one. I adore isometric rpgs (Pillars of Eternity is my favourite), but the first Baldur's Gate is a bit slow. It is still worth it for the second one, as the story is great.

The only two gay romances are with evil characters, which is pretty disappointing, but, at least for Dorn, the romance mod (I can find the link if you want) keeps it evil but makes it more sensible and complete.

Oh I see! Yeah the Persona games are really excellent. It's possible that one day they'll be released on the PC. There's always the chance! In Persona 2 you could romance a male. So far it's the only Persona game where a male is an option to be romanced. I really wish P5 gave us that option. It's a waste that they didn't.

So far I haven't touched Andromeda, but my students seem to like it. (That's not saying much though XD) I actually have a friend that's going through Baldur's Gate right now. He's been on a mission to go back and play a ton of old games and he's working his way through that one. He really loves it so I've been wanting to play it. As much as I'd like to play it my computer is sooooo not capable of running anything. I have an old laptop and it does what I need it to do and not much else. I'd love a PC to play games on though. It's a dream of mine

Not sure how your laptop is, but I know Baldur's Gate is probably the lightest game I have.

And it is also for phone (@YellowMelon : I found the link for the phone game!) even if I don't think you can install mods. But the characters are great and the plot of the second game is amazing.

a few that I know of

1. Harvest moon friends of mineral town (farming)- true love mod : basicly your PS one harvest moon girls edition with male character sprite.

2. Persona 2 (jrpg): you can date one of the boys if I am not mistaken

3. Dragon Dogma (open world adventure): Japanese Skyrim, you can date everyone actually, but I heard that the romance isn't very good

4. The sims (simulator) :you can date everything in here, lol

I want to try technomancer, but many people said that the game isn't very good, is it true?

I admit I have it but I have only begun it! I have yet to actually play it (same for Divinity!). I've read the game mechanics are not great, but the romance is quite cute.

I've heard of Dragon Dogma, but I am not a great fan of the idea of creating your own companions (pawns), and I've heard the romance is just a couple of scenes at the end (don't know if it is true).

• 2 months later...

I am replying to add two games:

Divinity Original Sin 1: (fantasy rpg) the two main characters can end up falling in love with each others (and can be of any gender)

Pathfinder: Kingmaker: (fantasy rpg) Rengongar (m, anyone)

In the DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN case it is pretty fun because it all depends on how much your characters end up agreeing with each others. I created two ladies Source Hunters and at the end I got the "unrequired love" ending. But among the endings there is also a happy ending love, a nemesis romance very passionate etc.

About KINGMAKER, Rengongar is a male orc that has an open relationship with another companion (Octavia). Your character (of any gender) can decide to romance them both (threesomes!) or pursue only Rengongar (or only Octavia)

Hello!

I was thinking of sharing a list of games where you can play a female character, male character or NB, and romance characters who are NB or of the same gender!! As the forum is MM specifically, I put in bold the games where you can play as a male character romancing a male character.

The format is Name game (characteristic, type of game): NameCharacter (gender of character, who can romance the character, anyone if the character is pansexual/bisexual)

Arcana (mobile visual novel, ongoing, romance is the purpose of the game, so you can’t not romance characters): Nadia (f, anyone), Julian (m, anyone), Asra (nb, anyone).

Baldur’s Gate 2 (D&D rpg enchanced edition): Dorn Il-Khan (m, anyone can romance him, i honestly only play this romance with the mod that fixes some stuff and gives a new ending), Hexxat (f romanced only by other female characters).

Divnity: Original Sin 2 (rpg): Fane (m, anyone), Sebille (f, anyone), Ifan (m, anyone), Red Prince (m, anyone), Beast (m, anyone), Lohse (f, anyone)

Dragon age Origins (fantasy rpg): Zevran (m, anyone), Leliana (f, anyone)

Dragon age II (fantasy rpg): Isabela (f, anyone), Fenris (m, anyone), Anders (m, anyone), Merrill (f, anyone)

Dragon age Inquisition (fantasy rpg): Sera (f, romanced only by female characters), Dorian (m, romanced only by male characters), Iron Bull (m, anyone), Josephine (f, anyone)

Dream Daddy (dating simulator, humor, you play as a male gay character): Robert (m), Joseph (m), Hugo (m), Mat (m), Craig (m), Damien (m), Brian (m).

Fallout 4 (rpg, I am not sure of these romances): Cait (f, anyone), Magnolia (f, anyone), Piper (f, anyone), Preston (m, anyone), Maccready (m, anyone)

Jade Empire: Sky (m, anyone), Silk Fox (f, anyone)

Mass Effect trilogy (sci fi rpg): Liara (agender but coded as female, anyone), Kelly (f, anyone, only second game), Samara (agender but coded as female, anyone), Steve (m, romanced by male characters, only third game), Samantha (f, romanced only by female characters, only third game), Diana (f, anyone, only third game), Kaidan (m, anyone, only third game).

Mass Effect Andromeda (sci fi rpg): Peebee (agender but coded female, anyone), Jaal (m, anyone), Vetra (f, anyone), Gil (m, romance for male player), Suvi (f, romance for female player), Reyes (m, anyone), Keri T'Vessa (agender but coded female, anyone)

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (rpg): Aloth (m, anyone), Tekehu (m, anyone), Maia (f, anyone), Xoti (f, anyone), Serafen (m, anyone).

Skyrim: I am sure there is at least one modded campaign with lgbtq romance content!

Solstice (visual novel, non costumisable player characters): Kaisya (m, romance for the male main character Galen)

The Technomancer (rpg, player character is male): Andrew (m)

Also, in case you don't want to play but would like to see the romances, I am going to link them!

I am going to put an * at the beginning of those titles that are actually good to watch in videos (I think isometric rpgs are a bit boring to watch instead of playing!)

*Arcana (mobile visual novel, ongoing, romance starts from book 6, you can see the summary of book 1-

):

Baldur’s Gate 2 (D&D isometric rpg enchanced edition):

(but I prefer the romance fixed by the mod!)

Divinity Original Sin 1 (isometric rpg)

This is harder because the romance depends on how you build your two characters. These are some of the

(some are romantic)

Divinity Original Sin 2 (isometric rpg)

*Dragon Age Origins

- This is my fav romance ever

*Dragon Age II

*Dragon Age: Inquisition

*Dream Daddy

*Fallout 4

*Mass Effect 3

*Mass Effect Andromeda

Pillars of Eternity 2

*Skyrim

*The Technomance

• 10 months later...