Hello!

Numin

Hello to anybody reading this :9onion70:

So,um... I'm 19 years old and studying IT. I've been reading Yaoi mangas since I was 12 or 13ish. I also have started to dabble in photoshop, but sadly haven't had the money to really have photoshop lately as a poor student, so haven't had the possibilities to do that much yet there :(

I also do watch anime, mostly fantasy themed or more darker ones. I try to also watch other genres but mostly drawn to those two for some reason. This is my second time on a forum, but let's say this one has a more advanced look and functions as the other was kinda simple, so I'm feeling like a noob with a few things here. I'm also a bit shy so I'll try to open up a bit and try to say something around the forum.

See ya around here :8onion73:

(I do honestly like the gif emoticons here xD)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Numin

• Rumpleteaser

• wacchan

• Yaoicoolkid

Welcome to the forum

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
:) Hope you can enjoy your time here and have fun!

Don't be shy, everyone is really nice ;)

Oh nice, me myself enjoy playing fantasy themed visual novels and reading such stories.

And dark stuff, it's captivating isn't it?

Being shy isn't something bad, I hope you have fun here and make new friends. (:

So welcome :)

ps. I saw your reply on a thread, get well soon!

Hi

!

Welcome to YO, I hope you have a great time and lots of fun!

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

This is fun:

:leaf:

attachment.php?attachmentid=36410&d=1471272332

Hi there

! Have you tried Gimp? I love Gimp! I use it whenever I do digital stuff... which is incredibly rarely so I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about, lol.

Welcome to YaoiOtaku! We're all super friendly here. ^.^

I love fantasy and darker themed stuff too. I've been reading novels though rather than manga lately.

Thanks for the welcome ^^

Well gimp is a good free equivalent for photshop, it's just that I have memories of not being able to do that much on it as in photoshop, but could be just me not understanding how to use it back then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Probably could give it another shot now :D

Seems like that there are a few people here that enjoy both fantasy and darker themes, which is quite nice ^^

If you don't mind me asking if you got any recommendations for novels? (if they're in english ofc), as I've been trying to read more novels too lately.

Sorry for the long ass answer :8onion74:

Trust me, I love long responses. ^.^ You're actually the first person to ever reply to me on the welcome forum.

No, it doesn't have as many features as photoshop. Definitely. It's just what I use because I'm too poor and stingy for photoshop.

Ya. Fantasy is a big genre, along with slice of life.

Captive Prince by CS Pacat. There's only like 3 sex scenes in the whole series but it is a great series. It's about a crown prince who's forced into slavery in an enemy kingdom. Wings by JC Owens is good too but it's very small. I read the first book in one afternoon. It has more sex, a bit of dub-con and slavery.

welcome to YO

i rarely welcome newbie bc i'm awkward too haha.. so. you like doing stuff in Ps. we have monthly gfx contest for those who interested. don't forget to check that out. it's in the Forum Contest thread. also, if you wanna know more MM books (all genres) you can go to BL Novel Download section. if you don't find it let me know. i'll tag you. & i welcome you to YO book club. just click that icon on my signature. it'll redirect you there. we're reading a book with vampires in it this month. check that out too! welcome again!

Oh, I'm the first one? :eek: Would've thought that somebody would respond to you too.

Ah I was quite poor and stingy too before I got photoshop + when I got to use it more when I studied to become a IT-technician xD

True Fantasy is a big genre, but kinda nice as there is much stuff you can read/watch :D

Also thanks for actually taking the time to recommend some novels and write a small review ^^

Thanks for the welcome :D

Tbh I would be too awkward to welcome somebody else too xD

I did check the contest thread, but could take a better look on the gfx one, might check out the book club too (sounds very interesting), thanks for recommending these! (:

Yep. You're the first. It is odd that nobody else has said hi.

Aaaah. I'd have to do a class to learn photoshop. I did it in high school (maybe year 10 at the latest) but that was yeeeeaaaarrs ago. Nice.

Yeah. I love all sorts of fantasy and sci-fi because it gets you away from the real world and gets your imagination working. I love magic, mythical species and that sort of thing.

No stress. There's also Broken Prince and Mismatched Eyes by Layla Dorine. It's about a crippled prince who's contracted to marry a bastard child with mismatched eyes. LOL I'm going with a prince theme at the moment.

Well at least someone has answered back now xP

That is true that it gets you away real world and get the imagination working too. That's precisely why I started liking the fantasy theme :D

Oh, that one sounds interesting, maybe should add that to my list too xD

^.^ Thank you. I always love chatting to people.

I know, right? I don't understand how people can find realistic fiction interesting. I can kinda understand why biographies are interesting if they're someone you're interested in.

Oh, one fantasy yaoi I love is Crimson Spell.

Do you have any you can suggest? I have a few more on my to-read list that I downloaded from this site but I always love suggestions. ^.^

Yeah me neither, some realistic fiction can be good but mostly has been biographies have been the most interesting of that genre ^^''

Ah I really like that fantasy yaoi too :D

I don't really have any to suggest actually, I'm really bad with names of novels/books and probably wouldn't have any english ones to suggest even if I remembered the names of some that I've read.

:8onion74: