THAT weird sensation, can you tell?

Kukki

Hello everybody,

My name is Kukki, I am 23 and I have this weird sensation when I read wicked stories (ok, my alcoholic anonymous beginning was shit ヽ(;▽;) ).

"Would you be a gentle dude and help me escape the web I'm confined in?"

original.gif

So more seriously, I was wondering if other people tend to have this weird feeling when they read "badass" stories. Let me explain.

When i read manga with realistic wicked people as main characters, even though the story is good, I end up with that uneasy feeling, but I'm not sure why exactly.

Sadly, I've fallen into the trap of Jealousy by Scarlet Beriko because of that fcking ultra erotic illustration slash what's with the glare you sexy sob:

tumblr_pd9kp5JuYT1tldqkoo1_1280.jpg

I've obviously already read yakuza stories, and this one is the most realistic one from far*. It's obvious the story is gonna end up in a terrible way (OR NOT?? Σ(΄◉ ཀ ◉`)⁉︎ − no, actually I'm not that naive ).

So I was wondering how you people feel when you read a hot story where people are in self-destruction mode?

Because I think what's terrible for me is to follow someone like that and know he cannot change and things are bound to end up in a terrible way. So I guess you could say that sensation is the one of getting a bitter taste during and after my reading.

Also, I do not even enjoy the story anymore and I'll either try to finish quickly so it's over, or get bored and never go back to it. Still I can tell these stories are good since they change my mood to its oppisite *thumbs up as a tear run down her cheek*

*btw I also felt that way while reading the manwha Escape into Oblivion by Gawee, also a realistic kinda yakuza story with two fucked up dudes, though less than Jealousy.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and also, since I've read til chap 7 of Jealousy, now when I see that pic I feel so betrayed! lol .°(ಗдಗ。)°. like I know it's sexy but still it feels bad!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kukki

• YellowMelon

Top Posters In This Topic

Such stories you are describing, like Jealousy, I tend to drop reading as soon as I know the plot won't change for the best. I'm not strictly a happy ending manga reader, but, as you mentioned, you know things will end up terrible for a character and that also tends to make me bored if I know that the manga will end in such a way. There's not much excitement for me anymore. I might skim the hot story though for the erotic illustrations, especially if the art is a style I like. I don't usually get a "weird sensation" or mood change from manga though. A recent exception to that was Enka: Zetsurin Ou to Yokubou Ouji .

I have felt embarrassed for a character though, so much so that I am too embarrassed to continue onto the next page and might have to take a short break for me to do so. I've also felt queasy when reading a BL manga with heavy gore, like if a mentions a torture scene or shows one my own imagination runs wild.

Thank you for your message

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
!

I shall read Enka then, it intrigues me now.

Also, I totally understand when you say you feel so embarrassed you can't go on the reading, I used to be the same when I watched an anime or read a manga and something too embarrassing was about to happen lol. Who's the chara you're talking about btw? (^_−)−☆

Oh, I can't say because I read so many BL manga and I don't keep tabs on them. I kept an alphabetical list in the past, but that document is somewhere I can't find. One mentioned torture scene that made me queasy though is in Enka and then there's another with a graphic gory scene in another manga that I won't mention because it was disgusting. What characters/manga were you embarrassed about?

I haven't finished Enka yet but I wasn't expected this at all lol, I'm not used to yaoi in Ancient times.

I don't remember concerning the characters/manga that made me feel embarrassed because it was just the scenes, I was easy embarrassed before, I guess that's why ; now when something cringy happens I'm impatient to see what's gonna happen next lol.