What's your favourite thing about yaoi and BL?

Rumpleteaser

I'm curious. What's your favourite thing about two men falling in love or having sex? What else do you love about it?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• morning_flower94

• rarcoryn

• Rumpleteaser

• 0ddpill

The psychology behind everything!

The main reason I enjoy same-sex relationships is, learning about different emotions.

I especially love the story if it's twisted, more stuff to analyze.:Good-Evening:

• 1 month later...

I agree with

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

As a gay people, I feel more connected with yaoi or shonen ai rather than normal romance stuff

also, it is nice to see many of mangaka (both in and outside Japan) take it one step further, like coming out stories (like in Junjou Romantica) or a daily life of gay couple (like shiawase gohan, my new favorite)

This is an interested question because it's so hard to answer. I think when I was first getting into yaoi it appealed to me because at the time there was such a lack of representation in ANY form of media. I latched onto whatever I could. I've always liked it so I never stopped reading it. It's only gotten better since I started it all those years ago. The art has improved, the stories have improved. It's just all around great!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Maybe the idea their love is somehow forbidden? Like they're not supposed to fall in love but they do anyway cause some insurmountable force of attraction keeps drawing them together. That gets me every time.

seeing 2 men getting so emotional i guess

THIS COMMENT MADE MY DAY LMAO

I guess how it introduced me to LGBTQ community in general. I was pretty foreign with the idea of same sex romance or diversity on gender identities until I stumbled on BL.

• 3 weeks later...