Demon Diary Group Read

confidant_v

I don't know how many people have heard of the manga series Demon Diary, but it's a super cute tale about a demon lord who's just really bad at being the evil, dark lord that he's supposed to be. His advisor does his best to help, but it usually doesn't work out. It's not technically classified as shonen-ai, but you can definitely read it as such sometimes you can see it classified as "boys love subtext." (I absolutely read it as shonen-ai hahah!)

Demon.Diary.full.111432.jpg

Anyway I've started to reread it and I just wanted to see if there was anyone out there who might want to read it with me! It might be fun to talk about it and discuss it and just enjoy it with another person. Hope to find interested people!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• confidant_v

• voide

• batista

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
yes i know this manga. it was published in monthly manga mag at my area. i unsubscribed when my budget kinda tight LOL yeah agreed w "boys love subtext". the only 'type' of BL i could get directly through bookstores in here ha reread should be fun.

Sounds cool! It is really... extremely softcore reading the description, which is something I normally don’t go for but I like demon settings so it might be refreshing to read a cute demon themed manga :D I am at work so can you please tell me how many chapters it has

? My boss would kill me if she sees BL pics... although I normally don’t care :D

okay i just took a look, and i will join you guys, looking forward of exchanging thoughts about this ;)

I'm glad to see there are people interested! "Soft core" is definitely a way to describe this manwha... Like super soft core. It's been over a decade since I've last read it, but I remember really wanting more in regards to the BL portion of this. I had to use a lot of imagination for this one haha! But I also remember really loving it so I think it's worth the read (or at least my young teenage self is telling me it's worth the read XD)

Unfortunately, I don't know off the top of my head how many chapters it is. It's arranged oddly online so I can't tell exactly how many chapters here are. When I'm home I can check my personal manga (I own the series) so I can give you an exact number. It's 7 volumes total if that helps any.

i just went and had a look, yes it's seven volumes ;)

i think i will start today before going to bed... i hope the story isn't too exciting so i will be able to get some sleep :D

this is manhwa? i never get to finish this story. hope it's a happy ending tho. thanks for sharing this. it brings back old memory :D

I really like the first volume. It's super cute and does a good job of introducing you to the characters. You even see the two main ones start to develop a good relationship. It's adorable seeing Eclipse start to care about Raenef, especially to the point where he can't even focus on meetings and such haha! Raenef himself is a fun protagonist. He's ditzy and none too bright, but I can't help but love him. I think the audience is supposed to feel similar to how Eclipse feels. He can't help but adore the kid and I feel the same!

As a sidenote, the original author left the project after the first volume. Everything after is written by someone else. It sucks because we'll never get to see what the true original plan for the manwha was, but at the same time if the authors had to change then at least it happened way at the beginning.