Hypnosis Mic anyone??

Teruya

I'm slowly slipping into hypnosis mic hell :'))

Even though I don't really listen to rap songs, their songs somehow hypnotised me xD

oooohhhh my favourite divisions are Buster Bros and Matenrou hehe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kukki

• Teruya

• 0ddpill

• confidant_v

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
So I've been trying to get into Hypnosis Mic for SO LONG NOW, but I honestly don't even know where to start!! I actually really love rap music so I know I'll love it, but I'm a little confused about where to listen to the songs and learn about the divisions and all that stuff. I really love the character designs, which is what drew me in. Maybe you can kind of show me the way when it comes to this!

I'll try my best to explain hypmic to you so I hope this could be helpful to pull you into this hell xD

First of all, Hypnosis Mic, also know as HypMic, is a seiyuu music project in which 4 teams with 3 members each battle each other with rap music to expand their territories. For more information about its story, you can go to this

I'll introduce you to the characters by their divisions.

But first, there is a background story of this. There was a rap group called The Dirty Dawg which consisted of 4 members. The group had fallen apart for unknown reasons and 4 of them blamed each other for its downfall. Thus, the 4 of them split up and formed their own groups and in turn became the leader of their respective groups.

DM4krAPUQAElVMV.jpg:large

In the Ikebukuro Division, the group is called Buster Bros!!!. The leader of the group is Yamada Ichiro (MC name: MC.B.B), who is also the eldest brother of the other 2 members, Yamada Jirou (MC name: MC.M.B) and Yamada Saburo (MC name: MC.L.B).

Ichiro is a former delinquent and works as the manager of the Yamada General Store and also, he's an otaku. He also loves his younger brothers and think that they're very cute.

Jirou is a 2nd year high school and he idolizes Ichiro, even became a delinquent to follow his elder brother's footsteps.

Saburo is a 3rd year middle school student. He's a genius in terms of just about everything. He looks up to Ichiro a lot and even thought about becoming a delinquent like him but dropped the idea to do so. He also doesn't have many friends due to his twisted personality. He doesn't get along well with Jiro and they always fight.

One more thing, Jiro and Saburo will literally fight anyone who talks bad about their beloved oldest brother xDD

Note: B.B means Big Brother, M.B means Middle Brother, L.B means Little Brother xDD they're so cuteeeee

DWdS5DeUQAALMAw.jpg:large

In the Yokohama Division, the group is called MAD TRIGGER CREW. The leader of the group is Aohitsugi Samatoki (MC name: Mr.Hc), while the members are Iruma Juuto (MC name: 45 Rabbit) and Busujima Mason Rio (MC name: Crazy M).

Samatoki loves his sister a lot and even became a yakuza for her sake. He's also a survivor of his father's domestic violence.

Juuto is a policeman who became part of the yakuza world, thus giving him the nickname "dirty cop". He is also a natural at taking care of others.

Rio is mixed (half-American on his father's side and half-Japanese on his mother's side). He's an ex-navy who is very skillful and shows no mercy to his enemies. For some reason, he is feared by the other two in the group.

Note: Hc means Hardcore

DWdS543VwAApQFi.jpg:large

In the Shinjuku Division, the group is called Matenrou. The leader of the group is Jinguji Jakurai (MC name: ill-DOC). The other members are Izanami Hifumi (MC name: GIGOLO) and Kannonzaka Doppo (MC name: DOPPO).

As his stage name suggested, Jakurai is a doctor who has a habit of saying "very interesting". He is also the oldest out of 12 of the individuals.

Hifumi is the childhood friend of Doppo. He became a host to overcome his gynophobia. When he changes into his suit, his personality changes to that of a womanizer.

Doppo is an exhausted medical office worker who is a pessimist and somehow is a bit peculiar. He also has a habit of mumbling to himself.

81hMMwdr%2BvL.jpg

In the Shibuya Division, the group is called Fling Posse. The leader of the group is Amemura Ramuda (MC name: easy R). The members are Yumeno Gentaro (MC name: Phantom) and Arisugawa Daisu (MC name: Dead or Alive).

Ramuda is always mistaken as an elementary schooler but in truth is a fashion designer who is also an airhead, though he has a tendency to deceive people with his appearance to get what he wants.

Gentaro is a novelist and tends to tell convincing lies. He is also capable of making up stories about people's lives by observing them.

Daisu, also can be read as Dice, is a gambler. He has been surviving on his extreme luck streak since he was born and always carries his lucky dice with him wherever he goes. Gambles for the thrill of it.

It is noted that the leader of both Buster Bros!!! and MAD TRIGGER CREW act as cat and dog with each other while the leader of both Matenrou and Fling Posse also do the same with each other.

If you want to know more about their profiles, click

You can listen to hypmic's songs in youtube!! There are some songs that were uploaded completely there in terms of its length but their character songs are not uploaded completely as those are just half of the length of the songs OTL But still, listen to the character songs on youtube because they're all so good! :o Their youtube account also uploaded their drama tracks so do check them out if you're interested ^^ The seiyuus are so talented aaaaa

Their first song that was released completely on youtube is called Hypnosis Mic -Division Rap Battle-.

The second song is called Hypnosis Mic -Division Battle Anthem-.

[video=youtube;kJ-SE6dhjAg]

If you want to listen to the completed character songs, you have no choice but to download them, well that's what I did ^^''' But if you're lazy to get them online, just hmu and I could just send the files to you!!

There are some things that I think I didn't mention here, I'm sorry OTL but for now, try remembering them because there are 12 of them to stan AHAHAHAHA :'))) If you're interested in buying their albums to support them, you can do so at Amazon Japan, CDJapan or Animate International. There are currently 6 albums available for purchase.

I hope I helped you understand about hypmic, even if it's a tad bit, I'm happy to be able to help you out!! C:

This is awesome!! This is an awesome intro into the show ^_^ Thanks for all the information. Would there happen to be translations of the drama tracks? I'm assuming those are them conversing, correct?

Yes ^^ The first 4 group individual drama tracks are apparently about how the groups were formed! While their second group individual drama tracks are about their daily lives, where you can come to understand their characters and their habits even more.

The other drama tracks are basically them starting their rap battle and etc.

All the translations for the drama tracks are

. I hope you enjoy them!!

That's awesome! Thanks for all this stuff! I can't wait to get in on this and find out which ones I like the best. That's always the best part! Is it safe to assume you have some ships going on here XD

YES AHAHAHAHA

Well umm, i know this is weird but after a certain

, my canon in hypmic is Rio x Saburo aaaaaaaa I'm going to hell for this :'D

But then again, I also ship Samatoki x Ichiro, Daisu x Gentarou and Hifumi x Doppo :D

And I hope that you'll find your favourite ship in hypmic soon xDD

thank you for all the infos! I've seen Hypmic everywhere for a while and as Confidant_v said, it's hard to find where to start.

I'm not really into rap but it really seems fun (anyway I have a feeling it's more about shipping and fangirling than music lol)! The second video was some angry rap, not bad lol.

Anyway, thank you for the explications \(^-^)/

I'm glad the info helped!! I'm also not that into rap songs but I really like the anthem and the rap battle that I shared from youtube, and also Yokohama Walker by MAD TRIGGER CREW ^^

And yes fangirling and shipping them AHAHAHA but tbh the seiyuus are so so cute omg their gap moes are the best xDD

I just listened to it, yeah it wasn't bad! This has catch my interest (aka the songs aren't too bad and I really want to know why so many fujos are into it)!

omg xDD idk why it became the hype too but I guess it was because it's kinda new to people that seiyuus are finally having new and interesting projects like this (and let's not forget about how the seiyuus are so damn good at rapping sajhkajhajs) :D and about the fujo part, tbh I think it's because hypmic consists of all guys and naturally we just convert their bromance into ships so x'D (I hope i didn't offend anyone here OTL)

YES AHAHAHAHA

Well umm, i know this is weird but after a certain

, my canon in hypmic is Rio x Saburo aaaaaaaa I'm going to hell for this :'D

But then again, I also ship Samatoki x Ichiro, Daisu x Gentarou and Hifumi x Doppo :D

And I hope that you'll find your favourite ship in hypmic soon xDD

Hahaha I cannot wait to see who all I ship together!! And since I actually love rap music this works out well for me. What could be better than rap music and beautiful boys XD

I'm glad you're interested

^_^ We can go through this journey together as noobs haha! It'll be fun! Teruya is an excellent guide! I have a friend who loves her some seiyuus so I'm trying to get her to listen to this and become a part of it so we can have more people join our little group

oh no I'm not that great of a guide :'D I just feel like hypmic deserves to be publicized more since the project only just started last year.

Yes it's always fun to pull more people into this he(ll)aven and expand the fandom even more!! The more the merrier ^^

who would you offend? Σ('◉⌓◉’) I think what you say is totally accurate.

Also, I'm sure more and more people will come to know it soon enough, as you said it's recent and it's not fully manga/anime related, it needs some time before people know what this is about.

I just noticed for the Brothers, 一郎、二郎、三郎 so their MC handles* are not only Big/Middle/Little brother, their names are also 1rou/2rou and 3rou lol, well I think I'll start with them, simpler to remember ✌︎('ω'✌︎ )

*is handle very familiar? I looked up for it in the dic and I just feel like a complete badass for saying such words :leaf20:

what do you think about that? (wait, the L.B is singing on Bach (・・?) xD, he seems a bit of compared to the others)

I totally agree with Teruya, the more the merrier!

ooooo the songs in this album are really good. I was quite surprised when I heard Saburo's Bach rap but after a few more listens to it I started liking it a lot xD

And yea personally I'm impressed by the person who named the brothers that way (*・▽・*) and how some other characters' names are based on their personalities and hence the word play in the kanjis in their names (or even the pronunciation of their name) eg. The kanji word 独 in Doppo's name (独歩) means alone, which you can see how Doppo seems to be always alone aside from the times when he's with Hifumi or Jakurai. And also the pronunciation of Daisu can also be read as Dice which indicates that Daisu is a gambler because of how dices are always associated with gambling.

I read somewhere about it on this two but idk whether the other characters also have the same application on their names OTL If you know the others, do enlighten me! (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑

It'll be interesting if hypmic gets to have an anime adaptation of it aaaaa I can't wait!!

Buster Bros!!!

On the chibi we see every detail.

100000001003871042_10204.jpg

YAMADA Ichirou

→ Ichirou means first son (Yamada is a common last name)

Voice actor: KIMURA Subaru

MC Name: MC Big Brother (MC.B.B)

Motto: You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down.

Particularity: wears a vest with 01 and BB written on it and a label pin with a B on it. Left eye is turquoise, right eye red. Mole under the right eye.

Birthday: July 26th (19yo)

Height: 185cm

Weight: 68kg

Background:

Former « The Dirty Dawg » member.

Eldest son of the Yamada family.

Manager of Yorozuya Yamada.

Before he was a delinquent to the point where everybody knew his name in Ikebukuro.

He is a real man with sense of justice and strong feelings who wouldn’t abandon someone in trouble.

Concerning his brothers, he takes good care of them so they adore him more than anyone (this was hard to translate but this seems to be the more accurate sense (*´ー`*)).

He likes watching anime and is the type of otaku who looks for every newly published light novel.

He is like cat and dog (in Jp dog and monkey) with AOHITSUGI Samatoki from the Yokohama division.

YAMADA Jirou

→ Jirou means second son

Voice actor: ISHIYA Haruki

MC Name: MC Middle Brother (MC.M.B)

Motto:We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Particularity: wears a vest with two stars and owls(?) and a shirt wrapped around his waist with a B and M label pins on it (the M is littler). Left eye is amber, right eye turquoise. Mole on the right under the mouth and under the right eye.

Birthday: February 6th (17yo)

Height: 180cm

Weight: 64kg

Background:

Second son of the Yamada family.

He’s strong at fighting and is the boss of the Ikebukuro division.

The person he prefers is his big brother, and since children learn from who raised them, he deified Ichirou, becoming a delinquent himself.

Because of the influence of his older brother, he knows well anime and light novels, also he can’t help making fun of him.

He is always competing with his little brother, Saburou.

YAMADA Saburou

→ Saburou means third son

Voice actor: AMASAKI Kouhei

MC Name: MC Little Brother (MC.L.B)

Motto: Everything that rises sets, and everything that grows, grows old.

Particularity: wears 3 label pins on his vest, a big B, an average L and a little M. Left eye is green, right eye purplish blue. 2 moles under the right eye and a mole on the right under the mouth. [i don't know what he's wearing next to his belt, kind of feels like a whip !(◎_◎;)also has this tight collar and the B and L pins feel like "BL" (´┓`*)]

Birthday: December 16th (14yo)

Height: 173cm

Weight: 53kg

Background:

Third son of the Yamada family.

He is different from his older brothers, he is a genius who can handle anything.

He didn’t become a delinquent but he respects his elder brother, Ichirou.

He is friendly but people gets the instantaneous impression he below them, or has an attitude that make them feel like he makes light of them, his personality is twisted so he doesn’t have much friends (this was such a long and annoying sentence (;ω;) but I think I got it right).

For that reason his hobbies are board games and card games, and he is always looking for playmates that can play both.

Ok this is not really interesting with them because we already knew what I wrote. This was so long to do ヽ(;▽;)ノ anyway, I'll do the other crews soon (I take all the infos from their websites). I hope you don't mind it repeating what you said in your explaining post

but before I went a lot back to your post, this way everything will be in the same post!

Buster Bros!!!

On the chibi with see everything.

100000001003871042_10204.jpg

YAMADA Ichirou

→ Ichirou means first son (Yamada is a common last name)

Voice actor: KIMURA Subaru

MC Name: MC Big Brother (MC.B.B)

Motto: You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down.

Particularity: wears a vest with 01 BB written on it and a label pin with a B on it. Left eye is turquoise, right eye red. Mole under the right eye.

Birthday: July 26th (19yo)

Height: 185cm

Weight: 68kg

YAMADA Jirou

→ Jirou means second son

Voice actor: ISHIYA Haruki

MC Name: MC Middle Brother (MC.M.B)

Motto:We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Particularity: wears a vest with two stars and owls(?) and a shirt wrapped around his waist with a B and M label pins on it (the M is littler). Left eye is amber, right eye turquoise. Mole on the right under the mouth and under the right eye.

Birthday: February 6th (17yo)

Height: 180cm

YAMADA Saburou

→ Saburou means third son

Voice actor: AMASAKI Kouhei

MC Name: MC Little Brother (MC.L.B)

Motto: Everything that rises sets, and everything that grows, grows old.

Particularity: wears 3 label pins on his vest, a big B, an average L and a little M. Left eye is green, right eye purplish blue. 2 moles under the right eye and a mole on the right under the mouth. [i don't know what he's wearing next to his belt, kind of feels like a whip !(◎_◎;)also has this tight collar and the B and L pins feel like "BL" (´┓`*)]

Birthday: December 16th (14yo)

Height: 173cm

Weight: 53kg

Ok this is not really interesting with them because we already knew what I wrote. This was so long to do

ヽ(;▽;)ノ anyway, I'll do the other crews soon (I take all the infos from their websites). I hope you don't mind it repeating what you said in your explaining post

but before I went a lot back to your post, this way everything will be in the same post!

I don't mind :o tbh I didn't really pay attention to their attires (even tho their outfits look like ash ketchum's xD) but I really didn't know that they had pins on them ( 」。╹o╹。)」 This is so cool omg I'm looking forward to the others!! Take your time to do it though ^^

And I like how my birthday is just right after Ichirou's onion9

Mad Trigger Crew

100000001003871043_10204.jpg

AOHITSUGI Samatoki

→ Kanji by kanji Aohitsugi = turquoise, coffin ; Samatoki = left, horse, notch (no I'm not crazy

(´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`) gotta have some hidden meaning we'll discover soon enough!!!! lol)

Voice actor: ASANUMA Shintarou

MC Name: Mister Hardcore (Mr.Hc)

Motto: Life is not fair.

Particularity: has red eyes, ear piercings, two skulls on his shirt. Wears jewelry, among others a collar with a triangle.

Birthday: November 11th (25yo)

Height: 186cm

Weight: 67kg

Background:

Former member of « The Dirty Dawg ».

He is the yakuza who controls Yokohama’s neighborhood.

He always has a sullen look and if he doesn’t stomach someone he’ll directly start a fight, he doesn’t raise his hands on women.

He became a yakuza for his beloved little sister’s sake.

This very sister gave him a handmade amulet he treasures.

He is like cat and dog (in Jp dog and monkey) with YAMADA Ichirou from the Yokohama division.

IRUMA Juuto

→ Iruma = enter, space/interval ; Juuto = gun, rabbit

Voice actor: KOMADA Wataru

MC Name: Fourty Five Rabbit (45 Rabbit)

Motto: He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

Particularity: wears a black suit with the inside red, red gloves, glasses. Has gold triangular buttons to his collar and necktie clip.

Birthday:May 30th (29yo)

Height: 181cm

Weight: 65kg

Background:

He is an active policeman.

He choose this job to eliminate drugs but he became familiar with the yakuza world and (LOL WTF) now commits assaults, embezzlement, extortion, blackmail and such as accepting bribes too.

He has a give-and-take relationship with the person who was in charge of the (yakuza) clan, Samatoki.

He is kind and helpful and frequently go around the Yokohama division as a peacemaker.

His favorite sentence is « do you want to get arrested? ».

BUSUJIMA MASON Riou

→ Busujima = poison/venom, island (island is common in names) ; Riou = reason/logic, bush warbler (bird).

Voice actor: KAMIO Shinichirou

MC Name: Crazy M

Motto: I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.

Particularity: wears grayish camouflage clothes, with a red shirt and leg bandage and black mitts. Has 3 triangles on each side of the chest, a dog tag and a rifle in his back.

Birthday: June 21th (28yo)

Height: 191cm

Weight: 74kg

Background:

He is a former first sergeant.

He is a « half », his father is American and his mother Japanese.

As a former army soldier, he stays alert and shows no mercy toward his opponents.

He is usually nice and likes to serve people.

His cooking ability is « more or less » pro level.

I must say I wasn't planning on doing this at all, I just wanted to gather some informations and since their is a pic of the chara next to his info I ended up noticing all the common points between the members of a same crew.

By the way, I ended up doing the background of each characters, for the Bros too, I was too lazy to do it at first but it's the more important right (*´꒳`*)! So I added it to my last message.

Anyway this way I can do some translation and occupy myself a bit so I'm glad if I can be useful ( ^∀^)

I actually had no idea about the names! I definitely don't know any sort of Japanese haha! But it's really cool to know! I'm glad you guys can share this information! It's so neat! Honestly, there's a lot that's neat about this... project? Series? Haha, not sure what to call it XD

And OMG KUKKI THIS IS SO COOL! I love these bios!! They're so awesome. Yes, yes take your time doing them. It's awesome you're providing us with such amazing stuff.

I'm still working through to listen to all the different groups and learn their personalities (work and school is starting back up so I've been swamped >.

sjkskdsjkdj take your time!! You'll get there soon so don't worry, since your personal life is your first priority :o And btw I don't think the info that I've provided is as neat as Kukki's xD I'm very bad at organizing actually AHAHAHA

Your efforts on doing the biography for the boys are really paying off!! And I seriously didn't realize that they have different accessories/symbols that represent them by their divisions (・о・) It's really great that you're able to find more details about them and share it to us, I'm so grateful aaaa (っ´▽`)っ

Matenrou

(tenrou means sirius and just rou wolf)

100000001003871044_10204.jpg

JINGUJI Jakurai

→ Jinguji = shrine (but jin and gu separated = god and palace), temple ; Jakurai is gonna be a bit long, since there are many different meanings. Jaku = to become more beautiful as gets older or te be quiet, when kanji is « conjugated » means to be lonely, when we read the kanji only « jaku » (since it has different readings) it is to let go of human desires and passions to reach enlightenment, it describes when a buddhist person dies [and thus rebirth], it’s used after a monk death’s date. Rai = thunder.

Voice actor: HAYAMI Shou (60yo btw)

MC Name: ill-Doc

Motto: The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.

Particularity: only cold colors. Long bi-colored hair (pale lavender and dark mauve). Wears dark clothes with a white coat and blue inside. Silver crosses on his top.

Birthday: January 9th (35yo)

Height: 195cm

Weight: 69kg

Background:

Former member of « The Dirty Dawg ».

He is a genius doctor.

With his tall and slender figure, he emits a mysterious vibe.

With his unique flow, he can make his companions recover.

He likes eccentric people, he had interests with random numbers *oh wait, it’s just the name of someone (´⊙ω⊙`)* Ramuda of the Shibuya division but now is like cats and dogs with him.

His hobbies are lotus position meditation and fishing, sometimes he invites Hifumi.

IZANAMI Hifumi

→ Izanami = the goddess that created Japan with her god husband Izanagi ; Hifumi = one, two, three.

Voice actor: KIJIMA Ryuuichi

MC Name: Gigolo

Motto: Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Particularity: has dark clothes. Bi-colored hair (blond and lime green). Wears a necklace and a chain with crosses. Holds a yellow rose and has this pattern on his earring.

Birthday: June 22th (29yo)

Height: 179cm

Background:

Host.

His way of speaking is outspoken and flashy but he actually has an extreme phobia of women.

He became a host in order to overcome it and after this effort, he started transforming into « a womanizer who wears suits ».

He is good with his hands and his hobbies are various in indoor as outdoor.

He hangs out with Doppo since elementary school and he frequently repairs Doppo’s worn out suits.

KANNONZAKA Doppo

→ Kannonzaka = name of a slope in Shibuya (from Kannon, buddhist godess of mercy) ; Doppo = independence (but do and po separated = alone and step)

Voice actor: ITOU Kento

MC Name: Doppo

Motto: The real world is much smaller than the imaginary.

Particularity: has bags under his eyes, bi-colored hair (ginger and mint green). Wears a necktie clip with a silver cross and an ID badge holder with a red lace.

Birthday: May 5th (29yo)

Height: 175cm

Weight: 59kg

Background:

Salaryman (employee).

He is in the sales of a medical equipment company and his peculiarity is that he has none.

He is a pessimist who always consider the negative side of everything and because of this character he doesn’t have much friends.

Hifumi is his unique friend, he’s his childhood friend since elementary school.

He had painful experiences because of Hifumi, but he’s still grateful to him.

I had been thinking the whole time Buster Bros's names were too simple (and last name very common), and actually it's a total opposition with the others! Mad Trigger Crew's name were kinda weird but "1,2,3 Hi,fu,mi" HOW?? Σ('◉⌓◉’) and so there's a "random number Ramuda" too in the next crew (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)つ)) *short-circuits because of this weird logic*

good luck with your studies and work ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶!! Must be hard to have both!

aww thank you, I'm glad ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪ as I said it's purely by chance though! But what you gave us before was really good too! It helped me.

So I've been listening randomly to it on yt so now I think I'll look for some CDs, it'll be better.

OH! And when I listen I've immediately noticed Jakurai's voice, it's so deep (๑→‿ฺ←๑) I love it, it's untypical, especially for rapping. I was also so surprised to see the seiyuu is actually 60! When you said he was older Teruya, I wasn't expecting this much xD

give us the time please :Looking-around:

give us the time please :Looking-around:

there. is. no. time. left!!!:Crying-02:

320027e33e6578e7fe50d21cf32f1270981f30e2r1-800-533v2_hq.jpg

here some memes.

DePC4LyVMAA9ciT.jpg

DiUcbFmU0AE6n7z.png

DRUJdeLWkAA0ujZ.jpg

DdcRsuGVAAAp822.jpg

36772897_1623505124428272_8122441343294242816_n.jpg

DedVOTHU0AEgx1A.jpg

@0ddpill ಠ_ಠ.

*gotta have balls sometimes − shakes ((((◉Д◉))))*

Lol anyway, thanks for the memes, that was very nice, it's another way to discover them and I love it!

What? Do I look really creepy?

tumblr_nydxs6A2tZ1qam6y9o2_540.gif

ps. Nah no worries, I should say thanks to you instead for posting information about Hypnosis Mic which is very helpful for newcomers. (,