Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai picked up by Renta

cruciatus

Renta has secured the

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
for Yoneda Kou's Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai in English.

cg4spL9.jpg

Saezuru was originally licensed in English by Juné, which has so far released 3 volumes in print as well as digitally. Renta has the digital rights for volume 4 onwards, i.e. as of now it will not be retranslating volumes 1-3. Currently, there are 5 complete volumes of Saezuru with serialization still ongoing in Japan.

Renta is yet to announce a release schedule, but they're fast and I think it won't take them long to catch up. Sara-Sensei, who handles Renta's Twitter handle, said they're still working out how they'll handle volume 5+, or the chapters which have not been compiled into a tankoubon yet.

It's not really clear what the situation over at Juné is but it seems they've retained the print publishing rights of Saezuru, though who knows for how long.

Now, the people currently

Saezuru said they have no intention of dropping the manga... till they're ordered to stop.

While I'm all for supporting Yoneda-sensei, I've mixed feelings about Renta as a publisher.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cruciatus

• 1330tango

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Renta the publisher where you can't buy the manga? I have no interest in renting a manga. I wish that Sublime had picked up the digital rights.

Isn't Renta the publisher where you can't buy the manga? I have no interest in renting a manga. I wish that Sublime had picked up the digital rights.

Renta has two options - 1) You can rent the manga for 48 hours for half the price OR 2) You can buy it permanently

The only drawback is that you can't download to own the manga you've bought. You must be connected to the internet and can only view the manga in your browser or on the Renta app. Obviously, Renta has faced a lot of flak for this system, though it hasn't stopped some people from ripping their English-translated mangas and uploading them on aggregator sites.

Yep, Sublime is much better quality-wise, you get your own personalised ebook that's available in multiple formats so it can be read in most devices. On the other hand, I consider Renta's work as mediocre at best.

Renta editor and spokesperson Sarah-Sensei recently wrote a

addressing the issues most people have with the company. It was... illuminating, though it hasn't endeared Renta to me anyway. I was taken aback that a legit publisher would come out and diss scanlator groups in this way.