Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Yes, B****! Work! [closed RP for confidant_v & Joyabe]

Spoiler:  

“No, no, no, no, no! Stop! What the hell are you doing?” Leo’s loud, abrasive voice shot through the large
    multi-person dressing room filled with artists and clients. The team of supposed makeup artists he was given hardly knew what they were doing. What, were these people fresh out of cosmetology school? Or worse, did they never even go to school in the first place? Well, not that that was a bad thing… Leo was technically uneducated in the art of fashion, design, lifestyle, and makeup, but he didn’t need to go to school. Leo had a natural talent, and that talent had taken him far in life. It was why he was he here now on the set of a movie, doing the makeup of the co-stars.

“Where do you get off thinking this foundation matches her skin? It’s foundation. It’s literally the first thing you put on your skin and you’re already messing up? Look…” Leo dug through the makeup bags that were littered on the ground before rummaging through the bottles and boxes on the table of another artist. “Here!” He held up a small vial of foundation to the star’s face, though he was only staring at the artist who had made such a terrible blunder right out of the gate. “See how this matches ten times better? Literally ten times better. If you’re unsure about what foundation to use then just hold the damn bottle up to the skin or run a swatch on her arm. Now clean her up and start again. Good lord….”

With that taken care of and the other artists all handled, Leo went back to his own client though not before updating his story on Instagram and Snapchat. “I swear…” he said into his phone’s camera as he walked down the hall. “Never underestimate the phrase ‘fake it ‘til you make it’ because there are definitely a lot of fakers up in here. It gives me chills knowing that there are people who have no clue what they’re doing working on people’s faces. To all of my followers, either learn to do your own makeup or find someone you trust with your life.”

Leo ran a hand through his currently green hair once he turned off his phone. As he stepped into the dressing room of his client, he could hear his brother’s voice in his head. How many times had Erik told him to calm down and stop being so high maintenance. Damn near everyday, but that would never happen. The very tagline on his blog was “High fashion, high energy, high maintenance type of bitch” and he took that seriously. Besides, he wouldn’t have made it as far as he had if he’d been complacent and easy-going.

“Sorry I’m late, sweetie. Now let’s see what we got going for you.” Thankfully his client didn’t care that he was late. Even someone as abrasive as Leo had a sense of professionalism. Kind of….

He pulled out his brushes, palettes, and powders and smiled at the woman in front of him. “Let’s turn you into a goddess.”
    Last edited by confidant_v; 07-24-2018 at 03:31 AM.

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Joyabe Inventory
    Choco Heart Aki & Tomoharu Nozomi Koga NO 5

Re: Yes, B****! Work! [closed RP for confidant_v & Joyabe]

Spoiler:  

"Jackson" Ray exhaled in fake, very theatrical grievance "are you trying to get me fired on the first day?". Jackson Carter, who also happened to be the up and coming name in acting those days only flashed him a very white smile from underneath some very dark bags. "In the first place they hired you because of me" he told him confidently "I'm the only one that can fire you. Besides, isn't this what I hired you for?". Well, true. After seeing his work on another actor, Jackson's agent contacted Ray in order to have him in charge of his makeup in his up and coming film. Long story short, after a trial meeting in which Ray spent three hours playing with makeup on his client's face according to his strange requests ("now do one that makes me look delicious" was his favorite), Ray was hired for the job. A short meeting with the one in charge of hair and makeup for the entire production and a signed contract later, he was hired for the coveted position.

"Still" he continued talking, turning away to rummage through one of his bags only to pull out a tub of a salmon colored concealer "there's only so much I can do. And you're supposed to look hot for this one. I'm not a magician you know" he winked at him as he tilted his clients head upwards. "Please, even a three year old with crayons can make me look hot" Jackson smirked, yet obediently deposited his face in Ray's hands, causing the other to let out a laugh of appreciation.

They spent the next hour or so with Jackson in his makeup chair and Ray beating, blending and baking. Actually, Jackson was a really good client. He had good features, good skin, and he didn't fall asleep in the chair. Not to mention he was serious eye candy. What else can you ask for? True, there was also something exciting about clients that posed more of a challenge, but there was also something nice about such a perfect client. Not to mention this job would also boost his already soaring career.

He was quite surprised to hear a voice talking to him through the earpiece he was wearing. Although he knew this was a requirement, he was pretty sure nobody would ever call for him unless it was for Jackson- and that was not the case this time. "Ray" the assertive voice of Natalie, the woman who hired him, was suddenly loud and clear in his ear "when you're done with Jackson I need you at the co-stars ASAP. They're falling behind and I need someone to do quality control". That was not a request. Brushing the last bit of excess powder off Jackson's face, he took a step back to appreciate the result. "Gorgeous" he smiled at him "now be a good boy and don't fall down on my work. I'll come for touch ups before shooting starts" he promised before exiting his trailer.

The co-stars proofed to be quite a hassle. Ray found himself running around between artist and actors, approving, instructing, and correcting. "Hm, this looks a little flat. It's going to read two dimensional in the cameras" he noted as he looked at his last face "try adding some depth to it" he turned to the girl working on that makeup before grabbing a contour color and a brush "here, just add some shadows to the face" he demonstrated on one side before handing her the tools "okay?" he smiled at her. He was more than shocked to see tears pooling in her eyes as he did, although, in her defense, she did wipe them off as she nodded and immediately got to work. "Ah, sorry about it" one of the guys he worked with in the past said quietly as he walked him towards the door "that Leo Hart chewed her out earlier. It was brutal. Don't worry about it okay?" he said as he waved the still shocked Ray goodbye.

Right, he remembered. That guy was also working on this film. As the makeup artist for the female lead if he remembered correctly. He never had the dubious pleasure of working with Leo, but of course he knew of him. He didn't live under a rock. He couldn't say he had a particularly good impression of him though, and what he just heard was certainly strengthening this notion. Generally he believed in positive reinforcement over breaking someone to build them from the ground, and had a soft spot for people that seemed to have a hard time believing in themselves. And to actually bring someone to tears... "not today satan" he mumbled under his breath. He still had a few more minutes before he had to go back to Jackson. Might as well put them to good use.

Finding the room he was looking for was quite an easy task, and soon he found himself knocking on the door and peeking his head in without really waiting for an answer "Good morning" he greeted with a wide smile "sorry for interrupting, but I need to borrow Leo. Can I have a word with you outside for a moment?" he turned his blue eyes to look at the man in question.

Leo thought back to about an hour ago when he told his client, the lovely Scarlet Sanchez, that he would turn her into a goddess. She had the audacity to cast doubt and he simply laughed it off. After all, the scene he was preparing Scarlet for was her returning home from a long, crazy night out with her boytoy. She was to be walking along the streets, hungover with her makeup far less than perfect and her clothes a complete mess. Leo knew that walk all too well…

“The dreaded walk of shame…” Scarlet said with a shake of her head.

“Child, I made that walk last week, and let me tell you it was nothing to be ashamed about.”

Scarlet’s loud laugh resounded through the dressing room, which only made Leo’s smile even wider. In that moment he knew that he had earned her trust. She knew that even though this scene required her to look a hot mess, Leo would still make her feel like a goddess. It was what he did after all. No one on this earth deserved to feel ugly or like they weren’t good enough. His “rough around the edges” demeanor may have betrayed that mentality, but Leo believed in it wholeheartedly. It was why he started his blog in the first place… To help those poor people who simply didn’t know the first thing about looking beautiful. All they needed was a little training and guidance and they could become gods and goddesses themselves.

“Alrighty, my beautiful, shining, darling, princess, drunkass lil beyotch, you are all done!” Within just the span of an hour or so, Scarlet had fallen in love with her newest makeup artist. Not only did he keep her entertained, but he also kept his word. Even though she looked like she just rolled out of some guy’s bed and now running all through downtown to get home, he still managed to make her look like a goddess. Her eyeliner was smudged, but still shaped to her eye keeping the traces of a cateye. The color scheme of the eyeshadow made her eyes pop, and he blended them in a way that could only be described as controlled chaos. Her lipstick was faded, but that hint of pink remained so she didn’t look entirely dead.

“You are something else, Leo. You know that?”

“Damn right I do.”

“Do you think they’ll let me take a selfie? Is that revealing too much considering the movie won’t be coming out for a while?”

“It sure is, but take the selfie! Who cares? Let me get in on it!”

They had set themselves up perfectly. The lighting was great, their smiles were bright, and of course their make up was on point… So who the hell decided to come knocking on their door right before Scarlet could take the selfie? On top of that this nobody just let himself right in.

“Can I have a word with you outside for a moment?”

Leo’s face twisted into something very akin to disgust and hate before it settled into a flat, emotionless expression. “No.” The snort and quick laugh that came from Scarlet only boosted Leo’s already exceedingly high confidence. He was about to press this little mousy man more, but Scarlet stood to her full six-foot self and rested a hand on Leo’s shoulder. “You bring out the worst in me! Listen, we’ll have plenty of time for selfies later. I need to get to set. Don’t forget to give me your number when you touch up my makeup.”

“Of course, love. Good luck!” With Scarlet gone, Leo simply stared at the invasive man in front of him. He knew who he was. Anyone who dared to be called a makeup artist knew Ray Deora. That didn’t mean Leo needed to address him as if he were royalty though. In fact… Better to pretend he didn’t know him at all.

“Why do you look so pasty?” He said abruptly as he made his way over to Ray, grabbed him by the arm and pulled him fully into the dressing room. “Have you ever even touched a brush? You’re not doing yourself any favors.” Leo didn’t let the other get a word in edgewise. He didn’t want to hear Ray’s voice anyway. Instead, he shoved him into the chair and immediately took out a new set of brushes (different from the ones he used on Scarlet) and began to work on his new little project.

“I bet when the light hits you someone in the distance screams ‘the beacon has been lit!’ And your color washes out your pretty bright eyes. Looks like you came to the right bitch. I don’t normally do this for free, but everyone deserves to feel beautiful. I’ll make you feel like you’re the star on set, and not Jackson whats-his-name.” How could someone who’s entire game was makeup go around looking like this? Leo was appalled, but hey… Time to show the so-called “expert” what a young thing with no education in the field could do.

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Joyabe Inventory

Oh wow. Ray was expecting Leo to have some attitude, but he was not expecting that. Just how unprofessional that little brat was, acting like that right in front of his client? Despite how much he wanted to slap some sense into him (and he really, really wanted to), he kept the professional smile on his face, never letting the other two in the room see he was boiling on the inside. He would deal with the little asshole when they're alone- never in front of a client.

Of course, as soon as Scarlet was gone he didn't really get the chance to do anything before being grabbed and pushed by Leo, who was surprisingly strong, and showered with a typhoon of oh so kind compliments. Honestly, he was quite shocked by this behavior. No one had ever treated him this way- not because of who he was, Ray never thought so highly of himself, but because, well, common decency. It's not like everybody loved him, and he even got to work alongside some people who didn't, but even they could at least fake being polite. Who in their right minds just started insulting people the first moment they met them? Well, Leo hart, that's who.

Someone had to shatter his overinflated ego. And right now, Ray was more than happy to be that someone.

With a small smirk, Ray circled his arms around Leo who just happened to stand right in front of him. It was his fault for trying to do his makeup. Pulling him closer to him, he rested his chin against the other's chest looking up at him "so you think I'm pretty?" he raised an eyebrow at the man. His kindness flew out the window ages ago, and although he still seemed to be in control, Ray was still holding back from smacking that smug little so called star. "Does this make you feel threatened? Is that why you're using colors that don't match my undertone?". Letting out a small chuckle he released Leo, standing up from the chair he was pushed into only moments ago.

"Before trying to flirt with me shouldn't you focus on your client?" he said as he tucked a strand of hair behind his ear "her eyebrows were not leveled. She's gonna look busted on camera you know" he said in mock concern. Now he was the one verbally attacking, not letting the other put a single word in "that's gonna be terrible for your career. Nobody wants someone who can't even do eyebrows to touch their face". He very purposely avoided using the term makeup artist. Although he clearly had immense talent, he would not give Leo this recognition, not to his face. Having people follow you online was great and all, but you had to learn to act like a person in real life as well. "And..." he paused for a moment, letting his eyes drift to the top of his head, his lips pressed as if trying to hold back laughter "that's a choice."

God, the more he talked the angrier he got. He really, really wanted to vent out his frustration on this guy. To just scream his lungs out at him and let him have a piece of his mind. But no. He can't go that far. He had to keep face at work.

Turning around to exit the room, Ray stopped one more time at the door. "Oh, Leo?" he turned his head to look at him, a sweet smile on his lips "try not to make any of the junior artist cry, 'kay?" he asked before he turned around again, not really waiting for a reply. After that little hiccup he still had a job to do. With that thought in mind, Ray headed back to Jackson's dressing room in order to pick up a few essentials before he would head to set.

First and foremost where did this little cretin get off by saying that the color Leo chose didn’t match his undertone? Secondly where the hell were Scarlet’s eyebrows unlevel? They were so leveled it was practically orgasmic. Thirdly if this boy didn’t get his hands off of Leo right this instant he was gonna wind up in the nearest hospital bed. This little bitch thought he was all that and then some. Leo saw his kind all of the time. They look cute on the outside, mousy and delicate, but in reality they were even more savage than Leo himself. A true snake in the grass. And that’s officially what this boy was to Leo now… A snake.

Ray left thinking he’d won the war, but oh honey the battle hadn’t even started. Leo’s eyes narrowed as Ray left, and for a moment he considered letting it go. He heard his sweet brother’s voice in his head, telling him to just forget about it and maybe even go take a look at Scarlet’s eyebrows. It was possible this man was telling the truth and not trying to be a total bitch. Perhaps this was a lesson that Leo needed in professionalism, authenticity, and overall kindness. Erik did always say that someone would come along who would shut Leo down. Was today the day?

After a deep breath, Leo grabbed something from his makeup kit and ran down the hall. Even for his lithe body type Leo was in shape and easily caught up with Ray. “Hey! Wait!” He stood in front of Ray, just staring into his eyes and hoping the other would see something genuine in them. His features were soft, gentle, and though many thought it wasn't possible, Leo looked apologetic. His face suited this angelic look that not many had the honor of seeing. “Look, thanks for… Thanks for the advice on Scarlet’s eyebrows. She and I just hit it off so well and we were chatting, chatting, chatting so I probably missed them. Good thing you caught it. I mean after all…” Leo took Ray’s hand in his own and placed a long, thin something in his palm. “You’d know a thing or two about busted eyebrows, wouldn’t you?” That malicious, sly grin that Leo was known so well for reformed on his lips, while his thumb brushed across Ray’s eyebrow. A soft “ugh” came from him when he pulled his hand away, as if he had just touched something disgusting. Seems that bout of kindness was nothing more than an act. Was it too much to ask Leo to just be decent for once in his life?

Yes. Yes it was.

With that evil grin still plastered on his face he sashayed away, giving a call of “You can keep that, sweetie! You need it more than I do!” to Ray. What he had given the other man was an eyebrow pencil, because he fucking needed it. Like hell he was gonna let this annoying SOB to get away with the last word. And nevermind that Ray had the audacity to question his techniques, but this was all about that stupid junior artist? This industry was a beast and if she couldn’t handle tough feedback, then she didn’t need to be in. Crying on the job? Seriously? Leo rolled his eyes as he went back to his dressing room to gather up his things. He wanted to meet Scarlet on set… Just in case there was maybe possibly the smallest hint of something wrong with her eyebrows. Not that he doubted himself!

There was no harm in checking though.

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Joyabe Inventory

Ray couldn't really say he cared about Leo enough at the moment to stop and wait for him when the other called him. Let him run after him for a little- maybe getting some of this energy out will also help with the bitchiness. Placing his hands in his pockets, he kept on with the same long strides, not bothering to slow down, turn around or show any sign that he noticed Leo really.

Of course, it was a little hard ignoring him when he finally did catch up and planted himself right in front of him. He did consider just plowing on through him, but that wouldn't be good. Killing Scarlet Sanchez's makeup artist would mean she won't be able to participate in filming until they find a new one. And that means Jackson wouldn't be working as well, meaning so would he. He's not going to sabotage his work just for the pleasure of literally stepping over some egotistical web star. It was tempting though.

Instead, he let out a sigh, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow. "What?" he asked, for once not even bothering being nice. Leo didn't particularly earned it. However, as he took in the other's expression, some of the skepticism in his own seemed to soften. He had to admit that when he wasn't being all snarky and condescending, Leo did had a likable face. Was he really apologizing? Ray didn't expect it to be so easy. He blinked in surprise at the other's complete change of character, now actually listening to his words. Maybe he really did realize he was wrong. It was definitely refreshing to see him repent and actually show some vulnerability. Well, if he was really, truely sorry and realize his mistake, maybe, just maybe Ray could...

Kill him. He was so going to kill him.

Clenching his fist around the eyebrow pencil, Ray leaned back at the same moment Leo pulled his hand away from his face. He had the feeling if he touched his eyebrows too much they just might fall off. He didn't feel like getting jinxed. And his eyebrows were on fucking fleek, thank you very much. What a fucking royal asshole.

He was way too busy trying not to bitch slap Leo to respond. He barely heard the last words called in his direction as he stomped the rest of the way to Jackson's dressing room, every muscle in his body seemed to tense in an effort not to do anything he might regret. He was very thankful for the room being empty when he got there, allowing him to slam the door behind him and throw the eyebrow pencil against the wall. "Fuck!" he exclaimed, the last bit of clam completely slipping away from his face. Why did he had to work with that asshole? Why did he had to get himself involved with him? Wait, no, that wasn't his fault. He was doing the right thing there. And they wouldn't be in that predicament if Leo was just anything else but the worst type of human being. But it seemed he wouldn't be that lucky.

Closing his eyes for a moment, Ray took a deep breath, letting it out with a loud exhale. Right now the most important thing was work, he reminded himself as he reopened his eyes and moved to pick up one of the makeup bags that stood on the table. He would just act as if nothing happened, he can do that. Hell, he's a fucking expert in doing that. There's no fucking chance he's going to let anyone ruin this for him.

Checking his reflection in the mirror once before he left the room, he plastered his regular smile on his face. His eyebrows were perfect, as was the rest of his face. Unlike some people, he didn't feel the need to wear makeup to look good. With that remastered attitude, Ray left the trailer, heading straight to set. He swears he's going to make sure Jackson was camera ready as no one has ever been before. He's going to make that smug little brat eat his words.

"Good morning" he greeted the crew with a wide smile as he entered the set, receiving a few greetings in return. Well, of course he did. There was very little Ray couldn't get when he smiled at people, and now he was actually in a place where people also knew who he was. Of course though, this wasn't about him. Hurrying to Jackson that was just wrapping things up with one of the PAs he pulled out a box of translucent powder and a brush. "You managed not to fall asleep on your face!" he praised him as his hands quickly moved around his face, making sure no undesired shine would appear on them. "Of course I did" Jackson laughed "I wouldn't dare ruin all of this" he smiled at his makeup artist. "You know, if you'll make me this much more handsome people would look at me more than they would at Scarlet" he joked. Ah, those words were music to his ears and exactly what he needed to hear. "Well it's hard to go wrong with your face" Ray returned the compliment "and I am supposed to make it so that everyone falls in love with you at first sight". Although he didn't specifically address the claim Jackson looked better than Scarlet, he didn't exactly denied it either. In his own little state of fury, that seemed to be the best way to quietly comment on her makeup without really being blunt or offensive. After all, he didn't want to say anything bad about her.

Spoiler:  

Leo was laughing all the way to set. He always managed to get the last word in. That Ray could try all he wanted; he’d never get the edge up on Leo. There was one serious rule when it came to dealing with Leo and that was if you’re going to aim at him, then you better not miss. Unfortunately for Ray, he missed at point blank range with a goddamn shot gun. But this was nothing unusual. Most people missed. In fact only one person could ever manage to bring Leo down and that person was calling him right now.

“Boy, I told you not to call me at work. You know that—“

“Stop being a bitch.”

“What?”

Erik rolled his eyes, knowing that his brother knew damn well he was doing it. “My Leo senses were tingling, and that only happens when you’re being a complete and total asshole.”

“Erik!”

“Look. You’re on the fucking set of a movie, Leo. A movie. Anyone would kill to be in your position, and you’re gonna fuck it up because you don’t know how to be respectful. Just… Be nice.”

It was hard to ignore the exasperated, dramatic sigh that came from Leo. Even so Erik knew that his little brother would listen to him. He always did… to the best of his ability anyway. He often failed especially when Erik asked Leo to do something as impossible as be kind. “Listen, you know I love you. I know it’s possible for you to be kind. It’s hard, but you can do it. Don’t ruin this just because you’re an asshole. Remember why you’re doing this in the first place. Remember your goal?”

“To make the world beautiful.” They said it in unison, and all of the hostility and aggression Leo was harboring left his body. His brother definitely had a way of bringing the loud, obnoxious man back to earth. Too bad Leo couldn’t find a boyfriend with that power.

“I’ve got to go, Erik. Thanks.” Leo hung up before his brother could say anything more, and made his way to set. He waved to Scarlet, who ran to him, her arms open wide.

“Thank you for making me look beautiful, my love! Even with a hungover look everyone had their eyes on me over Jackson!”

“Of course they do, dear. The man on camera is just a simple, green stem, but a woman is the lovely, flowing petals.” In that moment Leo took a second out to look closely at Scarlet’s eyebrows. They were fine! Beautiful! Dark! LEVEL!! “You’re stunning, dear.” Leo said rather than screaming about that stupid lying bitch. And speaking of….

“By the way," Scarlet's voice excitable and hyperactive voice was just one of many things she was known for in this industry. It fit well with Leo's own higher, playful tone that he tended to carry. "You should meet Jackson! Come on!” Funny… It wasn’t even fifteen minutes ago that Leo had dragged Ray by his arm to somewhere he didn’t want to go, and now Leo was being dragged right into the lion’s den. It wasn’t as if he didn’t see Ray there, touching up Jackson’s makeup. Frankly, Ray had it easy. There was nearly zero effort in doing a man’s makeup for a movie. All they needed was to pop a bit so they wouldn’t fade away under all the lights. Scarlet probably appreciated that, but there was no people like Ray and Jackson would understand.

“Jackson! Jackson!” It didn’t take them long to make their way around the cameras, people, wires, and anything else that tried to get in their way. “I wanted you to meet my makeup artist, Leo Hart. He’s a doll. I think he’s my new best friend.”

“Ouch, sorry to hear that kid.” Jackson joked, earning a hard hit to his arm from Scarlet.

“Not at all. I think she and I are soulmates. In just an hour she got me like no one else ever had.” He cast his eyes over to Ray, almost daring him to say something. After his conversation with his brother, Leo wanted to try to behave. His way of behaving was simply to ignore whatever it was he didn’t like. Still, his mind was screaming at the stupid, delicate, nobody.

‘Did you hear that, Ray.’ Leo thought, a grin plastered to his face as Jackson and Scarlet bickered back and forth.‘A doll. She said I was a doll and her new best friend. Eat that, along with whatever else it is you like to put that in mouth of yours. Ugh.’

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Joyabe Inventory

Was the universe trying to get back at him? Was this divine punishment for something he did? Why on earth did he have to deal with that guy only moments after he pissed the hell out of him and in front of all those people? He also had to have at least some level of concentration- right now Jackson was his top priority, and it was a little harder to achieve when he was busy keeping one eye on his less than professional colleague. Instead of dragging her makeup artist right into their faces, couldn't Scarlet keep him stashed somewhere far, far away, preferably tied and gagged? Well, probably not. Too bad.

He almost snorted out a loud laugh when Scarlet called Leo her new best friend? Really? Really? Was this guy even capable of grasping the concept of friendship? That seemed quite improbable.

He caught that snarky look the other gave him alright, returning an equally intense one. While his lips were still stretched into a smile, his eyes were colder than the insides of a freezer in freaking Siberia. There was this small part of his brain that entertained the idea of sacrificing one of his precious brushes in order to shank him. Ugh, but no it wasn't worth it, they were way too expensive. Also, murder is usually and generally frowned upon.

It took him a moment, but some part of his brain suddenly realized that Scarlet broke from her small fight with Jackson to talk to him. "Did everything with my genius turned out fine?" she asked him, making Ray to break the deadly glare he was sending in said genius' direction switching it for a sweet smile addressed towards the lead actress. "Everything is perfect" if you don't count the whole throwing insults in each other's face ping pong match they had "sorry for interrupting earlier. I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Ray Deora, I do Jackson's makeup" his lips stretched into a new smile as he reached his hand for a shake, pleased to see the gesture being returned. He was a little confused however when Scarlet didn't let go, and instead stared at his face so intensely he was sure she was trying to make it catch on fire or something. "I swear I met you somewhere before..." she said, not giving Ray the opportunity to answer before the realization seemed to hit her. "Ah!" the sudden, loud response nearly made him jump three feet in the air "you did the Alessandro show!" she beamed at him, seeming pleased now that she finally solved the mystery of their previous encounter.

Actually, it wasn't exactly an encounter. Ray did work on this specific fashion show. He was responsible for hair and makeup, to be more accurate. That was a year and a half ago though, and it was the first time he did something on this level for a fashion show, and for such a familiar designer. It also just happened to be that Scarlet's ex was one of the models walking that runway. "I did" he laughed "but we never really met. I'm flattered you remember me" he was now almost completely back to normal, more than happy to talk to anybody that wasn't Leo Hart.

"Sure I do! I really liked this collection" it seemed that was everything Scarlet needed to go into full-on chitchat mode "And I got to hang out backstage. At least something good came out of dating that idiot". Oh, that was all the encouraging Ray needed. "Trust me, someone like you can do so much better" he was now leaning closer to her, using his hands and being theatrical all over "he may had a nice body, but his face wasn't all that great. I never thought I'll have to do this much work on a model. He was quite a handful for Alessandro as well" 'and he also grabbed my ass whenever he had the chance' he added quietly in his head. But this was probably a bit of information he was going to keep to himself.

Ah, he was right back in his element. He smiled and listened and laughed as Scarlet went into a rant, encouraged by the few little baits that Ray gave her. Sneaking a glance at Leo, he gave him a small, yet very evil smile. 'See that little baby wannabe?' he thought 'that's how you succeed in this business'. Always being a people's person, or at least putting up the front of one, was one of Ray's strengths, and one of the things that helped him advance in the industry so well. He could easily win Scarlet over. He had no intention of stealing her away- his hands were full as is was and unlike Leo, he still had some morals. But there was this childish satisfaction in getting the client of the person who hated him so badly to like him. Actually, now that he was thinking about it, what the hell did he do to bring this hatred upon himself?

Nothing. Nothing at all. The simple answer was that Leo was a first grade asshole from the moment they met for absolutely no fucking reason. He really did have a rotten personality, didn't he? Never, in a million years, would they get along well.

"Ah, guess that's us" Scarlet broke her enthusiastic monologue, hearing the "places everybody!" call that was shouted loud enough to be heard even over her loud talking. "Good luck! I'm sure you're really going to shine" he smiled warmly at Scarlet before turning around and sending a somewhat sadistic smile towards Leo. He had no doubt he would catch the very intentional insult behind his very specific choice of words that managed to compliment the actress while doing the exact opposite for her makeup artist. With that small air of satisfaction he headed off to the back of the set, not bothering to look back and see how his small remark affected Leo. He knew he was maybe being a little childish himself, but he couldn't help it. It seemed Leo had the ability to bring out the worst in him. 'It would only do him good to have his confidence shaken just a little' he convinced himself... plus, now it was personal.

Leo wasn’t quite sure where Ray got the arrogance to give him that look. Did he think he fazed him any? Did he think Leo was going to suddenly start shaking in his Gucci boots? Please. ‘You must be a pretty lonely guy if you get excited just by having one conversation.’ It was inevitable that Scarlet would have a conversation with Ray at some point. They were all technically working together. Hell, she’d probably meet the guy who brought Jackson his lunch one of these days and strike up a chat with him too. No need to act so high and mighty.

Besides, it wasn’t like Scarlet was the only person who carried recognition in her eyes. Leo didn’t miss the way Jackson was squinting at him and tilting his head. The two hadn’t even met before and Jackson knew Leo’s face. ‘Hah! Take that bitch.’ Leo’s thoughts betrayed his bright, confident smile as Scarlet and Ray clammered on and on. While they chatted, Jackson reached out for Leo and was about to address him, but they were called back to set.

“Stay here for me, would you?” He asked Leo before running behind Scarlet to their positions. He nodded and gave a bright “Sure!” only to be drowned out by Ray’s petty little backhanded compliment. Well… Two could play that game. “That’s right, baby! Shine, my girl!” His extra bit of motivation earned him a wave from Scarlet. No matter what Ray tried, there was no way he was going to break Leo down. In fact, let him try. Leo was pretty confident in his ability to make others feel like they were the scum of the earth. He welcomed Ray as his next victim.

Not on set, though. This was a place of professionalism, and Leo wasn’t about to let Ray ruin this for him. Even though they had to be on set together it wasn’t as if they needed to hang out. Leo was off on his own, idly chatting with the extras or other artists on set until it was break time again. This time both Scarlet and Jackson approached him, though Jackson asked if they could meet Ray so he could get his makeup touched up again. Leo's thoughts screamed ‘NO’ but the wide smile and “Of course!” that came from him silenced that thought. Leo followed the stars to Ray, doing his best to avoid even looking at the man's jacked up face.

“So, Leo, correct me if I’m wrong" Jackson began, "but you’re that famous youtuber. Right?”

Oh damn! Perfect opportunity to rub Ray’s nose in his own shit. “Yep! My channel is called Leo’s Hart.”

“That’s right!” Ray pulled out his phone and did a quick search to find Leo’s channel. He nodded as he scrolled through the videos, as if seeing them brought back a plethora of memories. “My nephew, Andrew, is a big fan of yours. That’s awesome! Wait til I tell him you’re working on the set with us. He’ll freak.”

“Oh, you should bring him by. I don’t mind saying hello.”

“I might actually. He’s only now getting into makeup and things like that, but he says your tutorials are perfect. Also, he said he loves your gaming videos. The ‘Leo Plays Resident Evil 7’ is his favorite one so far. He says you should play more horror games, but I think he doesn’t care either way. We watched one of your playthroughs on Nier: Automata and it was a lot of fun.”

Oh… Oh…. Oh….

Leo didn’t expect Jackson to bring up… That. And in front of fucking Ray no less. While majority of his channel was makeup, fashion, and lifestyle, he did have a few videos uploaded of him playing video games. In truth, Leo was obsessed with video games, anime, comics, and anything of that nature. Not that the world could know. The video games he chose to put on his channel were very specific and if anyone found out that he actually truly liked these things… Lord have mercy on his sweet gay soul, he’d become a laughing stock for sure. He often saw gamers wearing makeup, but makeup artists wearing games… That wasn’t a thing. Not in this industry. Worse, what if they found out that he loved anime and video games so much that he had figurines of his favorite characters in his apartment? OR THAT HE OWNED ANIME T-SHIRTS??? Or that he read and wrote fanfiction????

Leo almost passed out right there.

Thankfully he got control of his mini panic attack and reminded himself that Jackson only knew what he put on his channel. Nothing more, nothing less.

“I actually got to play RE7 on the VR recently. It was terrifying.” It didn’t long for Leo to regain his composure, not that it was obvious that he lost it in the first place. “I’ll never do something like that again!”

“Oh god, I can only imagine.” Jackson slid his phone back in his pocket once he finished scrolling through Leo’s various videos. “Hey, can I ask you a favor? I hate to ask, really I do, but do you think you could give a shoutout to Andrew in your next vid? Man, if you could manage that I don’t think Andrew will need birthday or Christmas gifts for another ten years.”

“No problem, Jackson. I was going to post a new video tomorrow anyway so I can add that in!”

“You’re amazing.”

“I told you he’s a doll! Now leave him alone. We’ve got a lot of work to do!” Scarlet finally got tired of Jackson chatting up her makeup artist and dragged Leo away, though not before he gave a coy, evil smirk to Ray. ‘See there, Ray? I know how to talk to people too, you jackass.” Enough about Ray though. There was work to be done. The scene was changing and Scarlet required a full, perfect face to pull it off. It was time for Leo’s skills to really shine.

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Joyabe Inventory

Could he honestly say that no small feeling of panic went through his mind when Jackson asked Leo to wait for him? Well, no, of course not. He was wondering if he would use this opportunity to say something, to maybe try and sabotage him... but no, he quickly shook the thought out of his head. He was there for a reason. Jackson asked for him for a reason. He did more than enough to prove that he deserved to be there- and he'll be damned if he lets Leo Hart ruin it for him.

Watching the filming from a quiet corner in the back of the room helped relax him even further. First and foremost, it gave him a much needed break from having to talk to people. While he enjoyed the company of others, it was also somewhat exhausting at times. Especially after the intense morning he just went through, he could definitely do with some recharge time.

It also gave him the opportunity to quietly study his work. He loved looking at his pieces at action, and although the makeup itself he did for Jackson wasn't especially thrilling, he was still in awe by the thought he was a part of something so much bigger. He also had to admit, although very reluctantly so, Scarlet's makeup was just as good. Well, almost just as good. He could see a few choices he would have had a different call on, but it was more taste than anything else. He would give props where they were deserved- he might have been a terrible person, but Leo did know how to do makeup.

Of course, his little moment of tranquility couldn't last forever. Although not in a rush to get to Jackson when the scene was done as he knew he wouldn't have a lot of work, he still wanted to keep an eye on his meeting with Leo. Just in case.

He didn't have the chance to find then however, before they found him. The fact that one of Scarlet's assistants decided now would be the best time to come and talk to her about her schedule left Ray with nothing much to do but to listen to the conversation between Leo and Jackson, ready to jump in at the first sign of danger.

That didn't seem very necessary though. Ray crossed his arms as the two talked. 'Yeah, yeah' he mentally rolled his eyes 'so you're a famous youtuber. Nothing new there. And Jackson's nephew likes you, big fucking deal'. Ray wasn't specifically disturbed by this fact. Considering the fact he didn't release tutorials on any kind of platform kinda made it hard for people out of the industry to know him. That was nothing to frat over. Jackson's nephew wasn't even that into makeup anyway. He was more into Leo's gaming content.

He was more into Leo's gaming content.

Ray bit down on his lip, trying to hold back the laughter that threatened to leave his mouth. The high and mighty, personification and essence of every mean or bitchy gay man ever (there was no fucking way this guy was straight), Leo Hart was into video games? He wasn't sure, but it seemed that exposing that small detail was making Leo a little uncomfortable. God, he could kiss Jackson right now.

He had to admit that this was actually a little bit adorable. Well, it would have been if it wasn't attached to anyone other than Leo. In this case, it was freaking gold in Ray's hands. He continued to stand there, smiling to himself, barely bothering to notice the rest of the conversation- although he did try to maintain a minimal amount of attention. He didn't even mind that smug expression the other graced him with. That was so insignificant in light of this new information.

Touching up Jackson's makeup didn't take all that long. There really wasn't much to do with male actors in between scenes, unless their characters were to get in a fight or something like that. Soon enough they were back to filming, and as soon as he made sure his client looked nothing short of perfect under the lights and in front of the cameras, Ray turned to look for-and easily locate- a certain someone. Guess the green hair did have its advantages.

A smile of pure enjoyment stretching across his lips, Ray closed the distance to Leo's back, leaning so that his arm was rubbing against Leo's and his lips were right at his ear. He assumed the closeness would piss the other off, so naturally he gladly leaned into it. "So Leo Hart is actually a secret gamer?" he whispered into his ear, knowing full well he wouldn't be able to response loudly or do anything to cause a scene really, while shooting was in process. If he did it would only reinforce Ray's fist impression of him- that he was extremely unprofessional. "You know, this actually makes you a little cute. You should stop with putting up that front just because you're scared of people finding out" he murmured. Did he really have the right to tell other people something like that? Well, their situation was different. They were different. There really was no reason to suddenly feel compassion for someone who was nothing but hostile towards him, was there?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles