The heart of the ocean (closed 18+ )

Yukonwolfspirit

Ayme was not shy at all. He swam right up to the man and crawled about halfway on the rock so that just his upper half was out of the water. Almost like a dog he shoved his head in the bag, trying to see what was inside as he dug around with his hands. Literally he could have standed to have been a bit more shy, he was being pretty bold.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• LoneDigger

"My so bold" Lucas added with a laugh as he held out a small black bag for Ayme the bag containing some beautiful gemstones of many types andof colors. "Here look in this one" Lucas told Ayme watching as Yukie and cherry watched from a distance the man pulling out some small floating toys and set them on the water for cherry and added a few more nifty water toys for the child who excitedly played with the new items.

Ayme inspected the stones, his eyes going wide at a certain gem stone. It was an obsidian color and perfectly smooth. He accepted the offer like an engagement ring. The mermen leaned up and pecked Lucas on the lips, he wasn't supposed to get carried away, but since he had missed Lucas he ended up kissing him harder than intended. Plus a bit of that anger also added to the heat he was feeling. He broke away and jumped back into the water with a splash, he swam over to Yukie and gently pulled him over to the man to show him it was okay.

"Cheri likes them... Lucas is not a bad alpha. Most of the time."

He chuckled, watching the young one play contently while he held Yukie.

"I know..." Yukie replied with a huff as he looked at Lucas clearly not to fond of the man. Hiding behind Ayme more Yukie refused to touch any of the gifts Lucas tried to offer the man clearly not wanting to be touched by a man he had only met a handful of times.

Ayme was actually glad that Yukie was acting wary around Lucas. Humans were very unpredictable, even the nice ones. Besides, it made him feel important. That Yukie still needed him even of he wasn't the top alpha around here.

Ayme gently let go of his mate so he could swim back to Licas, leaning his head on his lap and trilling softly to show Yukie everything was okay. And God knows Ayme would let him know if it wasn't. He wasn't one to hold back in his agression when it came to protecting his family.

Yukie huffed and slowly swam over to the male his eyes narrowed as he stayed about three feet away from the male still hiding behind Ayme. Lucas chuckling offered the small pretty stone to Yukie the human having found a beautiful circular marble like stone that was pure emerald.

Ayme watched Yukie carefully, seeing if the male would accept the gift or not. It would be interesting to see what he thought. The mermen's tail swished slightly in the water with impatience. He was restless, he wanted to go. Where? Back to the ocean. Sometimes the aquarium felt safe and cozy, and other times suffocating like a trap.

Yukie gently took the item before fucking chuckling it across the tidepool tank before grabbing cherry and taking him home Yukie clearly jealous that his alpha was more interested in Lucas. "Seems I struck a nerve" Lucas mumbled unsure really what Yukie liked as he sighed and petted Ayme's head lovingly.

Ayme nudged Lucas's hand, rubbing his cheek against it affectionately until he saw his mate reject the stone so he nipped Lucas's hand gently before swimming off in a hurry to see what was wrong with Yukie.

"Yukie?"

He peaked inside the nest, spotting the white hair easily even in the semi darkness.

Yukie glaring puffed up clearly not wanting to let Ayme into the nest the male quite cross with Ayme's affection to Lucas. Hissing a low warning to Ayme Yukie stayed puffed up with cherry hidden behind him.

Ayme was taken aback for a moment, he retreated slightly. And then remembering that this was his nest too he frilled himself up at Yukie. He didn't hiss or make any aggressive posturing, but he wasn't going to back down either. Not until he found out what was the matter and made it better again.

Yukie just puffed up more as he glared but backed away just slightly clearly not wanting to fight. "You said Adrian was bad...why isn't Lucas?" Yukie asked not liking being lied to as he kept cherry carefully guarded behind his fins.

"Lucas is bad, but he's the top alpha... Rejecting him was a very stupidly dangerous thing to do. I'd try to protect you if he ever tried, but think about it."

Ayme said before swimming away, not wanting to agitate his mate any worse or scare Cheri by seeing them arguing. Instead he swam over to the said man, hoping to butter him up so that he wouldn't be offended over Yukie's rejection. Not that he had seemed upset before, but he had to be careful. Humans were capable of too much.

"Why did he get angry?" Lucas asked curiously wondering what he had done to upset his lovers mate. "Did I do something that would offend him in mermaid culture" Lucas asked softly gently petting Ayme's head.

Yukie gently taking cherry carried him off to find Adrian feeling quite alone and scared since Ayme had chosen to go back to Lucas in Yukie's mind he had abandoned them.

"He hates you because humans are just bad and you haven't earned his trust, but that's not all your fault."

The mermen added the last part in quickly, trying to remember why he was doing this in the first place was to make Lucas forgive Yukie.

"He just doesn't understand..."

Was spoken at the same time, but Ayme and then Adrian. The Marine biologist had gone back to one of the rooms to watch the cameras. That way he could watch the pair without disturbing them. Seeing that Ayme had left and Yukie seemed upset had the Marine biologist wandering back to the platform to check on the creature and his child.

"Well...It would be confusing for me to if I had a mate I had to share. Seeing you two living in big groups makes me wonder how it works" Lucas added with a small sigh.

Yukie stayed closer to the platform hiding more under it as he sulked and coddled cherry the male not sure what to do.

"It's strange... In the ocean our kind is rare so there is never such large gatherings."

Ayme tried to explain, in the wild he had only had one mate and until being captured and put in with Yukie he had assumed him and his old mate in the ocean had been the only of their kind left.

"So how does it work then? I don't play nice with others, so..."

The creature puffed up a bit, squirming in the water. He wasn't really made for captivity at all. Nope.

Adrian gently dipped his hand in the water and swirled it around, calling out softly to Yukie to try and get him to come closer.

"Yukie...? Is something the matter? I promise I won't hurt you, I'm sorry I upset your mate... I still don't know what happened."

"Not sure....your species...well I don't know much about them" Lucas admitted as he gently pet Ayme's head.

"...Ayme...left me" Yukie admitted clearly upset as he stayed hidden under the dock the male clearly very very upset about the whole ordeal and that his nesting ground was also contaminated with a male he was fighting with.

Ayme nipped up Lucas's forearm, if he wanted to he could have tore the limb right off but the touches were actually affection, if not a slight warning perhaps.

"Is that why you keep that idiot around? He thinks he knows everything about marine life, but he's just a useless perv."

He informed very matter of fact, referring obviously to Adrian.

Adrian was still trying to coax Yukie, but it was proving harder than he thought.

"I'm sure it's not..."

He stopped before finishing and sighed softly, hanging his head under the dock precariously. Yukie looked upside down but it was actually him who was half way hanging under.

"This is all my fault. I'm sorry, Yukie..."

"Hes kept Yukie alive more then once and keeps your species healthy to an extent" Lucas scolded the male wanting Ayme to respect Adrian just a little. "Besides if it wasn't for him taking care of your homes you would all have been thrown out into the ocean and I doubt cherry would be able to hide as an adult out in the wild" Lucas added with a slight annoyed sigh.

"...I want to be in a different tank" Yukie whispered holding cherry all the more closer as he hid back in the corner more clearly more stressed then normal. "...Ayme doesn't need me...he has a mate and is going to have a new family" Yukie whispered feeling utterly forced out of his home and habitat making the poor male overly defensive and stressed since he also had a young child he had to protect alone that would be easy prey for predators with his bright white coloring.

"You don't get it... He tried to hurt Cheri but I stopped him before he could and now Yukie is upset."

Ayme huffed back, butting his head against the man a bit frustrated that Lucas didn't see what he thought was the truth.

"Why is that? Is there something uncomfortable about this one that I could fix?"

Adrian offered, trying to be helpful and make the creature feel more secure again, but even as he tried to hide below the deck the white coloring was very visible.

"How would you feel if I always accused you of hurting Yukie?" Lucas asked softly sighing as he rubbed his eyes. "Yukie hasn't had anyone to ever protect him or his child. Yes been alone don't you think he's scared enough? If you keep scaring him he will always be weary of everything including you and end up worrying himself sick" Lucas explained as best as he could the male having seen many signs of distress over the years while working with his pets.

"Its to big....there's to many things in it" Yukie whispered referring to Lucas and Ayme and Adrian as things since he didnt know what to call them the poor male finally having snapped with all of the changes and fear in his life.

"I didn't hurt him, and I never would."

Ayme replied stubbornly, offended by the suggestion and not seeing what Lucas was actually trying to teach him empathy. Something the mermen seemed to apparently lack.

He looked up at Lucas again, seeming to actually listen to his last words before hurriedly swimming back to the tank to find Yukie.

Adrian however had already prepared a transport tank for Yukie and Cheri to move them to a smaller tank that was in the back so it was also quieter.

Yukie of course took some coaxing into the tank but once in he hid deep into the small hide that was in the darker waters the male puffing up so it looked like there was just a giant grey rock inside the tank. Settling cherry down into his arms the male sighed weirdly before carefully holding and snuggling his baby quietly watching out from the more quieter part of the exhibit.

• 2 months later...

Ayme couldn't reach his mate, and Adrian was taking him away! The mermen swam frantically back and forth from one end of the tank to the next, calling out to Yukie which to a mermen would sound like a sweet song but to the hears of humans would sound more like nails on a chalkboard.

Deciding to take things into his own hands, the mermen propelled himself at top speed through the water and then launched himself into the air and landed very gracefully on the deck with a loud crash. The impact stunned the creature only for a moment, before he was flopping his way to the landing.

It was incredibly dangerous, and stupid for Ayme to attempt such a thing would mean he would probably dry out and suffocate before even finding his mate, but luckily Adrian spotted him and Ayme was too tired to put up much a fight when picked up and thrown back into the water with Yukie.