Out of the pan and into the Fire w/Yukonwolfspirit +18 (PRIVATE)

azuneko

Sugino nods as he sipped his tea. He jse to be known for having such a huge appetite but it wasn't like that anymore. He was kind of glad for the fact that Yukie's memory wasn't all together for just that simple fact. He would hate to have to explain why he was only having tea and nothing more. Yuma finished eating as she sips her sweet tea while looking out the window. Sugino noticed she wasn't talking much to Yu despite them being close in age. He wonders if they just couldn't get along well.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• azuneko

"Yu be polite and talk to Yuma...if you keep being so distant she wont want to be around you" Yukie added continuing to eat as he looked at Sugino but didnt say anything about him not ordering a meal.

'Did it show on my face...?! Yukie sure is more observant than he use to be...' he thinks as he looked at Yu and Yuma. She shakes her head a little. "Its okay papa. Yu is very smart and mature. He doesn't have to talk to me if he isn't comfortable with it. I'm fine and happy.'' she said as she finished the sweet tea. Sugino pats her head as he smiled at her.

"....its not nice for him to be rude and ignore you" yukie added with a frown as Yu sighed.

"Cant we just spend time at the park. You know I hate small talk" Yu added finishing his food as he sulked for a moment feeling like he was being scolded.

"...dont scowl...you know I hate not being able to read what your thinking" Yukie added being firm as he finished his salad and got up to go pay leaving the three alone.

Yuma looked at Yu as Yukie left the table. "Don't worry about it okay. I am really fine so you just keep being yourself. I know he is just trying to be.sure we get along but it's not like a necessary thing.'' she says giggling happily. Sugino listened to her but said nothing. He realized his daughter picked up his habit of avoiding complications or difficult situations. It was a good thing at times but also a bad habit. It was that particular habit that caused him to run away from Yukie long ago. "Sweetie, Yukie isn't wrong. I also want you two to get along well.''

"The way I see it there's no point in the fall ill be leaving again and you wont see me except for holidays" Yu added looking at Sugino with a shrug and a can we leave now expression.

Sugino frowns but says nothing more. He didn't know the jist of all that was going on with Yukie and Yu. Thus he couldn't honestly weigh in on the subject. "Yeah let's get going. I'm sure Yukie is already finished paying the bill by now.'' he says. Yuma got up and heads for the door with Sugino and Yu.

Yukie waiting outside took afew moments to calm himself before looking at Sugino clearly wanting to talk but maybe after the children had taken a nap.

Sugino got into the driver's seat as he knew Yukie needed to rest. He glanced back at Yuma and Yu before making sure everyone was ready to go. He glanced at the GPS before he pulled out the parking space and got back on the road. Yuma fell asleep short after they departed the restaurant. The ride was rather quiet now.

"...you make parenting look easy" Yukie admitted with a frown. "....yu and I but heads alot" yukie added not sure how to really parent the boy.

"Its not easy at all. Its all a learning experience that you figure out day by day." Sugino says as he drives on. "Yuma has taught me so much in the years of raising her. I am sure if you spent more time with Yu the both of you could learn from each other. It'll take time for sure but it'll be worth it in the end." he says softly as he keeps his focus on the road.

"I couldn't send him back...after the accident...the paperwork hadnt been finished and I couldnt bring myself to just send him away since I knew my parents still wanted him. I know he resents me for sending him so far away for school but I couldn't care for him. Even now...I find it hard to" Yukie admitted clearly confused and worried. "Hes trying so hard and I just cant....I cant connect with him" Yukie whispered not sure how to mend the twos relationship.

"How about you start with showing how you care? Yuma is a strong girl; so there's no need to scold him to become her friend. Hey both just met so let them take their time. I'll help you out as much as possible if you'd like. Yu is far too intelligent for words so going at it like he's a child is pointless. Face him man to man and be straightforward. I'm here to help and support you like a good wif... like a good guy should.'' he said softly as he smiled.

"Mmh you said wife" Yukie added with a smirk quite happy with the slip up as he sighed and looked back at the two. "He grew up to fast to take care of me and through schooling....I want him to have some snall bit of a childhood" Yukie admitted wanting his children to grow up safely.

"Sorry about that. It was a slip of the tongue.'' he says as he smiled a little. "Yu is indeed like a mini adult but I'm sure deep down he still wants to be a child. Its not too bad to treat him like a child from time to time. By him random treats, surprise movie nights, camp outside with blanket forts. Those kinds of things could really bring out the youth in him.'' Sugino suggests as those were things he tried with Yuma

"Well I dont know much about Yu or where ky parents found him. He didnt look like a normal child when he started living with us. But then again I dont remember much about what my parents did with all their many companies" Yukie added not sure what to think of Yu.

Sugino didn't expect such a thing to be said by Yukie. It made him wonder if Yukie's parents adopted Yu or created Yu. He knew of some of the business that they were involved in. Thus it wouldn't have been too surprising if that's what they had done. "So you aren't entirely sure where Yu came from? Would Raven know or perhaps your brother?" he asked him

"Raven tells me there are some things best left alone and to not mess with Yus past becaise it might make me upset" Yukie added with a frown.

"That's a load of bullshit!! No one can expect you to connect with someone under such circumstances. You and.i knew each other for a long while before.... anyway it's always best not to be kept in the dark.'' Sugino said as he was a little ticked off. ''No one should ever have to live with their eyes blinded to what's before them.''

"....what if it hurt both parties to know the truth?" Yukie asked softly wondering if he really should dig into his parents darker past.

Sugino sighs as he drove. "Can you honestly say not knowing isn't just as painful?" he asked as he glanced at the rearview mirror to see the two children still asleep. ''If I confessed that while I was apart from you I've dated other men even it was never physical would you have wanted that to be kept secret or be told to you? No matter how you look at it the secret alone is a double edged sword. You'll be hurt one way or another.'' he said though he wasn't being serious. Sugino was so focused on Yuma that he never once dated anyone else. Yuma was his constant reminder of yukie so his heart was forever belonging to him. He just needed an example of sorts that would get his point across.

"....My parents always brought home new siblings for me....Yu....well hes not human in my mind there's a reason i find him so diffrent" Yukie admitted clearly not sure if he wanted to continue the talk. "My parents funded and aided in illegal testing....Hence why I look the way I do and have so many issues. Yu is from that same place..." Yukie added with a small sigh. "I never thought anything of it growing up they where my parents why would they hurt me but...Ayme started hating me once he started living with us I think there was more going on then I know Raven wont lie to me if I ask him what he does at his other job but I thibk at one point it did cause me to have a nervous breakdown and shut him away" Yukie whispered Looking at Yu sadly.

Sugino let's out a bit of a sigh. ''Forget it Yukie. At the very least for the moment. You planned this time for fun and smiles. Let's keep it that way. We can discuss this on a separate occasion. If what you're saying has a shred of truth in it then it would greatly explain alot of what I had to deal with after leaving you. I'm not opening that jar of worms here. Not today.'' he said as his focus was straight ahead. ''Now get yourself some rest. I know you need it. I'll continue following the GPS from hence forth.''

"Okay" Yukie mumbled slightly feeling bad for mentioning what he did since it just upset his mate. Settling down more in the seat Yukie went back to a comfortable position to sleep.

Sugino reached for Yukie's hand and gently kissed his hand as he drove. He smiled gently as he kept driving towards their destination. He was sure things would get better. He could only hope and stay optimistic. He had to for the sake of the feelings he has for Yukie and for Yuma.