I don't want to be mated (me and YellowMelon)

Ms.Flair

Marquise let out a sigh of relief when he heard the other agree with him. He wouldn’t have been able to deal with him otherwise. Still, he remained against the door, almost in a daze. His eyes felt too heavy to keep open and his body felt too heavy to keep up. As a result, he slowly slid down the door with his head resting against the frame. Once he hit the floor, his legs straightened to block the entrance. It had certainly been a long day for the dragon by getting a mate and working, although the latter wasn’t what made him tired. What really used up his energy was having to chase after Akira. While he didn’t have to do much chasing, just driving, it was something he wasn’t used to, having to go out of his way to retrieve a human. He didn’t want to make that an everyday task, especially if it made him this exhausted. He was used to doing simple things, busying himself with activities to do inside rather than outside. Unconsciously, the dragon fell into a deep sleep outside the door.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

The banging on the front door and the ringing of his doorbell slowly brought Marquise to consciousness. He lifted himself from the wooden floor with his blue eyes more clouded than normal. He was not yet fully awake. “Give me a few more minutes.” He mumbled out, letting out an audible yawn and stretching his back, cracking it in the process. He had been so tired that he had not cared where he slept, but now he regretted it. The cold floor felt cooler to him than his own bed, but a mattress would have been better for his body. His muscles felt stiff and a little sore. However, he would soon get over that.

“Hello?” The door creaked opened to reveal a tall man wearing glasses in a lab coat. His height seemed to come from his long legs. He peaked into the living area, having not yet noticed Marquise on the opposite side of the room.

Marquise dared not to look at who had entered his house. He knew by his voice who it was, and he also knew it was the only person he had given a master key to his house to. Having not yet heard his name, he assumed his coworker had not seen him. The way he looked now was unprofessional, so he had to change. Being close to the stairs, the dragon skipped every other step as he went to the second floor. He entered his bedroom without closing the door behind him and swiftly changed into a white dress shirt with jeans, throwing on his lab coat as he went to the bathroom to check on his appearance.

While the owner of the house was busy in another room, the coworker fully stepped into the residence and closed the front door behind him. “Hello?” He repeated, having heard movement but had not turned his head fast enough to see where Marquise was. The man shoved his hands in the pockets of his white coat as he began to wander towards the back of the living room. It was unusual for the botanist to not be ready for the check-up. Even though it was unscheduled, he seemed to always be prepared. This time, though, he couldn’t be found. How strange. He didn’t think he could be asleep, since it was almost noon. He knew Marquise liked to sleep, but he wasn’t one to oversleep. He stopped at the bottom of the staircase to the second floor, expecting to hear some noise. There was none. He was tempted to go up, but he knew better.

The coworker turned to face the door on his right and, without making a noise, he took out the master key he had and placed it in the key hole. Slowly, he turned the key, then pushed the door open. The magic on the door had faded, allowing the door to be unlocked with ease. “Marquise!” He yelled the name angrily, clearly upset. “I am not here to play a game of hide-and-seek.” He crossed his arms over his chest, looking at the man he thought to be Marquise. However, that person wasn’t him. Instead, he was staring at a shorter individual with an eccentric appearance who seemed to have no clothes on except for his underwear. “I see Marquise has been invested in something other than his work.”

The wind dragon was in the process of combing his hair when he heard his name being yelled. Oh dear, what did I do? He finished in the bathroom before rushing downstairs to find Akira’s bedroom door open. He had not put a lot of strength into locking the door, so the magic that was holding it had worn off in the middle of the night. Marquise entered the room to witness Aaron staring at his mate with the human being mostly naked.

“Hello, Aaron,” he approached the other with an outstretched hand, “Sorry you had to let yourself in. I must have been preoccupied when you entered because I didn’t hear you.”

Aaron shook the hand reaching out to him, but his eyes did not leave the human, even as he spoke. “Yes, well, I knocked and rang the doorbell several times. Despite being a dragon, it seems like your senses are failing you. However, I can certainly see who you were occupied with.”

Marquise held a forced smile on his face, although receiving insults from his coworker did not please him. “You’re mistaken. This is-“

“Let him introduce himself.” He cut the speaker off. Aaron was known to be bold to both humans and dragons. His confidence came from being close to the boss of their company.

xeh45e.jpg

Aaron Walters | 26 y.o.

Human | 6'3" | Does not have a mate

Co-worker | Boss' right-hand man

Marquise and Aaron are close friends, but maintain a professional relationship when working.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YellowMelon

• Ms.Flair

Akira heard the door, and even door bell but he wasn't caring at the moment. Why did he not care? He was still locked here, so he couldn't go answer the door. He had no idea that Marquise was on other side of the side of room. To block out the noise, he searched for his headphones to put them into his ears. Starting to play his music, he went back to the books while still in his underwear.

Akira looked up from the book he was reading, when he saw door jiggle before it opened up. Seeing the man who was in the entrance, his eyes widen as he pulled the blanket over to cover himself. Narrowing his eyes, he let out a growl at the guy. "Don't say such things about me like I am some whore..." Akira spat out toward the male before he saw Marquise there now.

He was silent, not speaking up at the moment before he moved to get dressed quickly with what he was wearing. Standing up now, as he started to collect his things while putting them off to the side. "My name is Akira," Akira started before stepping a couple steps closer. Looking over at Marquise, moving to touch the mark on his neck while looking over what looked like a human.

"I am gonna repeat myself to you. I am not some whore, or someone he bought. I am actually his mate," Akira said with a cross of his arms. Slowly pushing them both, "I gotta go use the washroom for a shower and see if I can make something to eat.." Akira said starting to walk away but stopped though. Looking over his shoulder, "Should I try to prepare something for all of us? I know how to..cook at least..." Akira said, asking or was suggestion the help to them.

Akira was certainly bold, but, as much as Marquise thought Aaron deserved to be reprimanded like that, he couldn’t let that behavior pass so easily, especially now that the coworker knew the human was his mate. Aaron, himself, simply stood in his place expressionless. It was hard to read his emotions, and he wanted it that way. Marquise moved closer to his mate when he stopped walking away from them. “Akira, a dragon’s mate should not interfere with his business.” He whispered, not wanting to embarrass him, or, mostly, himself, especially not in front of his esteemed coworker. “Now, I expect you to apologize to Mr. Walters. He wasn’t aware of me acquiring a mate, so the assumptions he made were logical to him.” He spoke sternly to Akira, clearly wanting to show who was boss in front of the man beside him. Marquise knew Aaron tended to jump to conclusions, especially since he wasn’t very updated on the news. Aaron was usually the last person to know about any current event going on outside of his job because he wasn’t a frequent news watcher, or reader.

“No need,” Aaron spoke up, “I think your mate will come to understand why I mistook him for a prostitute, and I’m sure I won’t be the first person who does it.” The coworker smirked at the other human, almost trying to rub in the insult. Being introduced to Marquise’s mate was certainly something. He never expected the wind dragon to settle down, especially since he seemed the most disinterested in doing so. All he had ever called it was “his responsibility,” and now it actually was. His taste in mates was also unique. Aaron found the boy to be appealing, but, for him, there were much better fish in the sea. However, he, himself, had managed to come this far as a human without being mated. The reason for this was because of his position in the well-known plant company he and Marquise worked for. He had worked his way up to become a personal assistant to the boss, which required him to be available at all times and dedicated to his superior. His boss, a dragon, made sure nothing interfered with that, which was why Aaron could easily get away without having a mate.

“Yes, and I think I would like some coffee too,” he responded in place of Marquise, despite being in his house and the question coming from his mate, “I’m glad to know Marquise has somewhat of a capable mate, although, if cooking is the only skill you have, I suggest you pick up more talents. Cooking and stripping can only entertain a person for so long.” Aaron said the last sentence in passing as Marquise pushed on him to start walking up the stairs. The wind dragon followed behind the coworker but stopped before he completely left Akira. “I would appreciate it if you cook for all of us, but don’t wait on us if we’re still upstairs when you’re done cooking. I have a lot of research to update Aaron on, so he might be staying late.” Marquise trusted Akira to cook for them but didn’t want the human to think he had to wait on them. They may be exchanging, and updating, paperwork for hours. It wasn’t uncommon for Marquise to offer Aaron to stay the night either when he came to check on him.

In his study, Marquise already had a stack of papers on his desk. The papers were filled with handwritten notes and data, which he had Aaron look over. Everything that was on paper was also filed on the computer. He sat in his desk chair and began clicking through different files, discussing with Aaron how their boss wanted him to turn in his work. With Marquise on the computer and Aaron reading at the desk, both were evidently occupied. They would later switch jobs after as a way to double check.

Akira had stopped, not moving from where he was standing. Akira heard the whisper, as he let out a huff. "Well I will try better next time," Akira whispered back at him. Akira turned around, as he looked at the guy in front of him. Looking over at the wind dragon, before looking back at the other guy. He was ready to apologize but he was stopped though.

Akira was glad that he didn't need to apologize, but the next thing made his temper boil now. He was not some prostitute, and he hated that term toward him. "I am not one though," Akira muttered coldly under his breath. Akira moved to get closer to the human, with his hands by his side where he wanted to throw a punch at the guy. He stopped, not moving anymore and not wanting to cause anymore trouble for Marquise. He was trying to be good, but it was hard for him.

"You want coffee? I can make that for both of you if you want some too Marquise," Akira answered with a nod of his head toward him. Next insult came around, turned up the heat on his temper. Akira was ready to punch something out, but he would put his anger out somewhere else. "That is fine Marquise. I will make some lunch for everyone and I will be making dinner too. I won't wait up" Akira said heading for the kitchen to make something to eat for them for lunch.

Akira was in the kitchen, as he was making some lunch for everyone with his phone out. He ha made plentiful sandwiches, with lots of good ingredients between the bread. Making himself something first, before he made enough for two of them. When everything was prepared, he had put the drinks and food on the serving platter. Carrying it now upstairs, he stopped not moving anymore forward. "Marquise, I have lunch ready. I rather not cross that one rule.." Akira called out to him.

Akira waited, as he held the platter in his hands. Looking down at the food, he hoped the two guys would like this lunch. It was pretty simple but it was better then nothing.

Marquise groaned when he started having problems with his computer. He clicked the mouse frantically, trying to unfreeze the screen. It wasn’t the newest or most updated, but the PC worked, which was what mattered to him. He found the computer about three years ago when he had to replace his older one, and, even now, he’s never bothered to think about getting a newer computer since. Despite it acting up, he still believed it worked smoothly, having paired it with a compatible keyboard and mouse that were to his liking. The researcher considered forcing the computer to shut down by manually pressing the power button to later restart it. However, he had added more data to the spreadsheet that was currently open and hadn’t saved it. He didn't have the habit of saving documents as he worked on them. If he were to force the computer to turn off now, he didn’t know if his data would be auto-saved, having run into a similar issue before where it wasn't. On the other hand, there was the possibility the computer would restart on its own and still make him question if his progress had been saved.

“Aaron.”

“Yes?” Aaron didn’t bother to look up from the paperwork he was reading in his hands. He knew what the issue was, and he knew what the solution would be.

“What do you suggest I do? Force the computer down manually or give it more time?”

“I think you know what to do. It will shut down one way or the other, by your hands or by itself. Do whatever is the fastest.”

Marquise was in the process of holding down the power button as his coworker spoke him. If he waited out the problem, he knew the computer would resolve the issue by restarting, not unfreezing, itself. He released the button when it stopped glowing and waited for a minute before pressing it again. The usual loading screen appeared on the monitor with an alert that the computer had not been turned off properly. Well, that was obvious. With the computer back up and running, Marquise checked if his work had been automatically saved. Luckily, it had.

“Did it save?”

“Yeah." The man returned to typing on his keyboard.

“As expected.”

Because Marquise was so focused on better organizing his data, finding satisfaction from the clicking coming from his keyboard, he paid little attention to the noise Akira made when coming upstairs and calling for him. If he didn’t respond, he assumed the human would get the hint and leave. Although he warned the other of how busy he and his coworker would be, he hadn’t expected him to bring lunch up to them. It was a thoughtful gesture, but he didn’t need it. Aaron, however, could smell coffee, and the aroma made him to put his papers down to fetch the drink.

Aaron was stepping out of the study alone when he noticed Akira paused at the top of the stairs. “I see Marquise has put limits on where you can go in the house.” He spoke the observation as he approached the shorter individual. His eyes immediately fell on the serving platter to spot the coffee. He picked up one mug with his right hand and the other with his left, taking a quick sip of the drink in his right, while giving no indication of whether it was to his liking or not after.

“You can keep the sandwiches. Neither of us want them because we don't like having food around our work space. It can create quite a mess, you know." Aaron stated the fact as though he had expected Akira to already know this preference about them. The brunette continued to stand in front of the other, silent, waiting. “Well, shoudn’t you be in your room by now? You’re best off there to not disturb us.”

Akira waited with the food and drinks on the tray, not moving from where he was. Hearing footsteps, he thought it was Marquise but it was Aaron though. Rolling his eyes at that comment, "I am trying to respect my mate's wishes and rules. The key word is trying..." Akira said with a sigh leaving his lips. "At least your taking the coffee," Akira muttered under his breath.

"I was just trying to help you both out. I am going to put the food away somewhere so you guys can eat later..." Akira said to him. Akira huffed out, as he gripped onto the tray with a tighter grip. "I should but I do get to spend time outside of my room and around in the house. As long as I don't leave the house without Marquise or someone he authorized to go with me," Akira explained before he took his leave.

Akira left to go back to the kitchen, as he started to put the food away. Akira hadn't eaten the food for himself, where he put them on top priorty for the moment. Now he would, since they were taken care of now. Sitting down in the kitchen somewhere, as he started to eat his lunch while looking through his phone. He could have just left, but that would just cause more anger toward him.

Akira retreated back to his room, when he saw the sign on the door. Ripping it down, he noticed something off. The markings like in his book. Touching over the mark, he felt a rush of power go through his body. "What is happening.." Akira mutttered before he went to his phone looking for a number to his parents. Since he had no service, he was gonna try to use the phone to call his family. Reaching his mom, he started to talk with her and then got into the marking again.

At the moment, he had no idea if any of them would be listening or walk in on his conversation with his mother.

Aaron didn't care to hear excuses and, frankly, he didn't expect such a long answer. All he wanted was a simple "yes," then for Akira to turn away and leave. Instead, he had to tell him he was allowed to be other places in the house besides his room. That may be so, but it was't helpful to their work. They could easily ignore Akira, as they had been, but it would be much better if he stayed in his room. That was simple, wasn't it? Aaron turned on his heels to return to Marquise after being left alone. He walked cautiously to not spill any hot coffee, but fast enough so he could quickly return to his work. Between coffee and his work, he much preferred to indulge himself in reading papers than savor a full cup of coffee. Work and coffee paired well together, however.

"I have coffee." Aaron began to place the mug next to his coworker.

"I don't want it." Marquise seemed to snap.

"Oh, well, your mate must have thought you did because he made you a cup." The taller man pulled the mug away.

"Perhaps he can make me another some other day, when I want it."

"I suppose so. I'll take it upon myself to drink yours then, since you shouldn't waste."

Marquise voiced no disagreement to the statement, so Aaron took that as an invitation to do what he said he would. Now he had two cups of coffee, which would surely keep him up. He settled himself in his chair again to return to doing what he had been working on before.

Aaron and Marquise had switched places, with Aaron currently behind the computer and the other scientist marking up his papers. As the dragon had predicted, they had worked late into the night without breaks. Now, all Aaron needed to do to finish off his to-do list was e-mail files from the computer to his professional e-mail, and collect a copy of the paperwork and notebook Marquise had. He glanced from the computer screen to instruct his coworker to go to the printer, but, as he was about to, he saw the other was getting up to do that. Good. Aaron grabbed a manila file folder and a large envelope. He handed the envelope to Marquise once he returned from the printer to put copies of his notebook in while the rest of the stack went to him to store in the folder.

"That will be all for today." He logged out of the computer and took the envelope into his hands.

"We worked late like usual. Do want to stay over, as you've done before?"

"I don't think your mate would like that. He doesn't seem fond of me."

"You don't come here often, so I don't see it as a problem." Marquise shrugged with the response. It didn't seem like his coworker wanted to be liked, anyway.

"With your permission, then, I'll stay."

"Okay, I'll make sure to tell Akira."

Marquise picked up the two empty coffee mugs on his way out with Aaron following behind. Both scientists were tired, although they hid it well. Their first priority was to get something in their stomachs because they had neglected to do so before. With Akira's room at the end of the stairs, Marquise immediately noticed the reappearance of the mark. His mate must have removed the sign. The dragon immediately started to knock on the door, displeased with what the human had done. He couldn't allow him to start tearing things off of doors, even if it was the door to his room.

"Akira! Put that sign back up right now!" It was evident that he didn't think the paper label could have been ripped in the process. Consequently, there would be no way to put the original back up.

"That mark," Aaron recognized the engraving, and showed no surprise, "Where did it come from?"

"Like I have a clue." The wind dragon stopped knocking on the door, waiting for Akira to open it.

"Will you try to get rid of it?"

"I was going to paint over it."

"You know that won't do any good."

"I know."

Aaron, although being a human, knew a lot about dragons through his own studies. He educated himself about the species and their history so he could work with them. That was the reason why he got along with dragons more than humans. Dragons of the same type tended to have shared likes and dislikes throughout history, so he knew what triggered them and what pleased them. He didn't know everything about dragons, however, because, like humans, each individual had different tastes, but he was still learning. The mark on Akira's door he had come across in his research. He didn't study dragon hunters enough to understand how dangerous it was, though. He just knew it didn't appear on doors randomly, which meant Marquise must have done something.

"I'll wash the mugs while you deal with your mate." Aaron took the coffee mugs from the dragon and walked himself to the kitchen. There, he placed his work safely on the counter before rolling up the sleeves of his lab coat and washing out the mugs with soap and water. He set them in the strainer to dry before drying his own hands. As he used the towel, he heard a knock on the door. Marquise seemed too occupied to get it, so he did him the favor.

"Marquise!" Aaron called out when he opened the front door.

Marquise paid no attention to the knock on the door because he was busy with other matters. Plus, who would be arriving at this late hour? He couldn't imagine it was anyone important. If it was someone who was lost, they would need to find directions elsewhere. However, when his coworker answered the door, the dragon he turned his head to the sound of his name, expecting it may be someone he knew. That was not the case.

"Who are they?" Despite his question, he could clearly see Aaron didn't know either. Marquise pulled himself from his spot and walked over to the others. "Sorry, but I think you may have the wrong address. How may I help you?" He blocked the entrance with his body to not let the stranger/s inside.

Akira had talked with his family for some time. and it was nice that they could chat for that time. When he was done talking, he had moved to find a tv where he could watch some tv in the house that was on the first place. He even grabbed dinner, and made dinner for everybody too but stored the leftovers away like the sandwiches he had made.

At the time, Akira was in his room when he could hear Marquise there on other side of the door. Coming out of the bedroom, he opened the door while giving him a look. "What are you talking about it? I was gonna replace it anyway. I could do that myself, and I made sure to not wreck the paint," Akira said.

"What is going on?" Akira asked, seeing that he had left before following along. Seeing Aaron at first, he narrowed his eyes. He did not like this guy, and he didn't want to deal with anymore then he needed too. Akira didn't really care about the people till he heard their voices..

The people at the door were Akira's parents. They were looking at two of them, "We came to see our son," the female started. "I am his mother, I know its later but we wanted to see. His phone wasnt working either," She started, while she was getting more protective over her son.

"Sweetie, don't be like that. It was her decision to do this.." Akira's father stated with a roll of his eyes.

Akira moved past through them as he greeted his parents with a hug each. "You didn't have to come here. I rather not to cause too much trouble," Akira started. "Especially for..my new mate Marquise.." Akira said, pointing toward Marquise. "And his..coworker," Akira said next where there was venom over his mouth.

• 2 weeks later...

Marquise continued to stand in the way of the man and woman at his doorstep, not daring to move even when his mate pushed past him. He cared little for the new humans in his presence, and debated whether he should turn them away. As the mother said, it was later, so that would be his excuse. It was too much later for visitors, be it them or anyone else. He wanted peace after his work, as any normal person would want. Was that too much to ask for? Would it be rude to say they are unwelcome because of that? He didn't bother to introduce himself, and he wouldn't have anyway, after Akira took the liberty of doing that for him. As long as there were no questions about their companionship by the parents, there was no need to confirm that he was truly the mate and, being the dragon of the pair, he was the one in control.

He had no reason to please the parents and no motivation to do so either. What they thought about him mattered little to the dragon because their son had his mark of ownership. He was sure the parents knew what being mates entitled. They could not undo what Akira agreed upon. Thus, with the family of three outside greeting each other, Marquise shut the door on all of them, including Akira. He had no intentions of leaving his mate out there, of course, but the other two he could do without. Still, driving out the parents would probably drive out Akira with them since his mate didn't seem to know the command to stay when he was told to. Marquise didn't want to chase after his mate again for the sake of his reputation.

"Let them in," the wind dragon ordered defeatedly to his coworker, "And bring them to the dining room."

Aaron held onto the doorknob as he watched Marquise disappear into the mentioned room. Normally he was the one giving orders, but he would not intervene in this matter. He wouldn't be going home either, however, as he had already accepted the invitation of staying over and it was easier for him to do so than drive home this late at night. The reason the offer was always made was so he did not fall asleep at the wheel. The coworker who had been introduced as such opened the door again, except he knew more of who the strangers were this time than before.

"I apologize for his behavior," Aaron smiled at the couple and the son, "We are both a little tired now because we had been working earlier." More than a little, actually, and also hungry. "Please, come in." The man took a step back to give the other humans space to gather into the living area, then locked the door behind them. "As your son so kindly introduced me, I am Marquise's coworker, Aaron. I'm not usually here, but I came to check on the research Mr. Windsor was doing. He seems like he has more visitors than he can handle at once now that you two have showed up." Aaron said the last sentence lightheartedly, meaning no offense, but giving another hint to why Marquise had been rude earlier. "He actually wants to talk with you guys though, so if you'd please head into that room," he pointed to the door frame of the dining room, "He should already be in there, waiting for you. I need to speak to Akira and then he can meet you there."

Without any response, Aaron grabbed the human mate roughly by his forearm and forcefully brought him into the kitchen. He was just as quick to release him, but stood in front of him to block any chance of escape. "Listen," Aaron spoke sharply, "I don't know why you thought letting your parents come here would be a good idea, but I think we both can tell what your mate thinks about this. For your sake, I suggest you make it clear to him, while your parents are here, that you didn't invite them if that's the case. Make it very clear." Aaron truly did not care about Akira. Whatever happened to him was his own doing, but he didn't want to witness anything dangerous if Marquise were to get too annoyed.

"Also, that mark on your door, you need to cover it. I don't know much about it, and I assume you don't either, but Marquise wasn't please that you removed whatever sign he put up to hide it. All I can tell you is that it's linked to something unpleasant for your dragon mate." If Akira were to show concern for his mate, he would take what he said with seriousness. The way he acted now was different from his claims of respecting the dragon. "Now, Marquise would probably like something to eat while he's talking with your parents and maybe your parents would want to eat tio, so be a good mate and bring some food to them." Aaron finally stopped blocking Akira to open the refrigerator door for him, reverting back to a distasteful man.

When the door was shut on all of them, Akira looked out toward the exit and even toward his parents. Akira could have left, but he decided to chat with his family while outside. He was trying to stand up for why they were maybe acting like this and trying to get why they arrived just like this after just one chat earlier on.

When the door was reopened again, they all looked toward Aaron who was now there. "We are both sorry too," the parents said before they had gone into the house with Akira following behind his parents. The parents looked at their son, before they moved to go into the dining room. They weren't gonna say anything to Marquise..yet without their son there.

When Akira was grabbed, a sound of pain came from him but there was some anger behind it too. When in the kitchen, a glare was on Akira and he was gonna say something but but it was Aaron who spoke first. "Just to let you know, I didn't even invite them here. I just talked with them while you two were working," Akira stated.

Akira gave him a weird look, at the mention of the mark. "That mark.." Akira muttered with a shake of his head. Why was that gonna be brought up again. "I guessed that. I have seen that mark before." Akira muttered again now. Akira was silent for the rest of it, before he moved to get to work of getting the leftover sandwiches out that were for Aaron and Marquise. "Take these out, I made these for yous guys remember. There is enough for my parents, but I don't know if they will eating.." Akira stated before he let out a sigh. "I gotta go in Aaron and deal with this," Akira said right after taking the sandwiches into the dining room where everyone was.

In the dining room, the two parents sat there in silence until Akira came in. "I thought these would be good to snack on," Akira stated.

"We won't be here that long. It wasn't my choice of coming here," his father stated. "My wife got worried about our son since he has been trouble in the past.." he continued to say.

"Yes he has been. I just wanted to meet his mate and I guess I just jumped the gun with that. We have all our faults," She said. She had brought something in, it was a file with Akira full name on it. Pushing it toward him, "I thought you would want my son's medical records and his background. I didn't think he would give you any of that..voluntary. Since he hates the doctors, and even fought us.." She continued to say while Akira was starting to nervous even.

That was the truth. He hated the doctors and he was even scared of them.

Akira's mother gave her husband a look, before they got up. "I didn't want to stay long. I am sorry about disturbing your night but that information is rather important..." She said before they went to leave. "We are both sorry."

To hear that Akira recognized the mark on his bedroom door immediately caused suspicion in Aaron. If he recognized the mark why did he treat it as though it was normal? Was he pretending to know or did he really know? Whatever the answer was it wasn't of any concern now. He would make sure to tell Marquise what Akira had told him later, however, for his safety. With the male leaving for the dining room, Aaron closed the refrigerator door and was left alone in the kitchen. He was tempted to go where the others were, but he was not a part of those family matters. He could only imagine what they were talking about and the displeasure it caused Marquise to participate in such a discussion. So, with his imagination, the scientist remained in the room he was, returned to hold his work, and waited for the family gathering to be over.

In the parallel room, Marquise waited for someone to talk. Instead, the pair who sat across from him seemed to be entertaining themselves because they weren't amusing him with their silence. In the end, they finally gave into talking as soon as their son showed, bringing in sandwiches with him. Was Akira trying to lighten the mood by offering them a snack or did he know how hungry he was? Either way, Marquise was more attracted to the food than the humans speaking to him. All he did was stare at the platter, yet he did not give into his hunger. He did not want to dine with those with him. They were too unfamiliar for him to appreciate their presence if he were to eat. It would simply prolong the awkwardness of them being together already.

"We do all have faults, but others know to restrain theirs more." The insult was mentioned in passing as the parents continued to talk. With a file being thrown at him titled with his mate's name, Marquise immediately switched his attention to the file. He started to scan the documents but soon became disinterested, closing the folder the papers were in. The personal information he was provided meant little to him now and it stumped him why the parents wanted to give him the information. He could tell they were concerned about their son, as any person would he, but their son was an adult. He hoped he had not picked a mate who relied on his parents too much. He wouldn't be able to deal with visits like these, unexpected and late at night.

As the parents stood to leave, Marquise put a hand up to stop them while remaining in his chair. "Wait," he took a quick glance at Akira, "I don't need this file." He held up the folder and then extended it out to the parents. "I'll make sure to have Akira tell me what exactly is in there that I need to be concerned about." Somehow, it irked him to hear that his mate would not surrender sensitive information about himself. He was in no rush to get personal information from him, but he hoped anything of importance would have been told to him, especially if it were to cause any problems in the future. He wanted to live his life as simply as possible and not have to worry about his mate because he had kept secrets from him. "So, please, take it back."

They were ready to leave but they decided against it. The two of them looked at him with a look, before they looked at each other with a look. "You don't want this file.." the spoke out a little confused about that. The one parent took the file, hearing what Marquis had to say. "Now I see why you don't need that file.." the one said to him while holding onto the file.

"Well we should head out and let you eat. I guess you would be tired," Akira's mother said as they left after giving their son a hug. Akira watched his parents leave the house, as he let out a sigh when it was just him and Marquis. Moving to sit down at the table, as he had his hands on the table. "...I am sorry about them coming here. I never thought they would after I just had simple chat over the phone with my mother. I guess they don't trust me from my past life."

Akira slowly got up from the table, as he looked around. Knowing that Aaron was nearby, he spoke rather loudly. "Aaron I appreciate that you weren't reacting badly toward my parents. Even after working so later," Akira had said. "Am I aloud to go back to my room? Or do we need to talk? When the time come, I can talk with you about those..files and what they contain..." Akira asked now. Akira was hoping that he wouldn't get in trouble with what he did with Aaron, like speaking up like that.

Akira waited for answer, waiting for something from either one or two of them. Akira had his phone in his pocket, where he pulled it out. Placing it on the table, pushing it toward Marquis. "I don't know if even care but you can check my phone..."

• 2 weeks later...

“I don’t want it,” Marquise confirmed when the parent repeated what he said. As the records were taken away from him, the dragon raised aneyebrow at the remark that was made. With the reasoning he gave, they seemed to understand what he meant. At least one parent did, anyway. He was glad that person was reasonable. On a day he had not been busy with a check-up, he may have treated them better. Still, he wished they would not come again without aproper call ahead of time. He would have to meet with them again under better circumstances. It was his mate’s parents, after all. If he wanted his plan to continue, and be credible, he would have to get chummy with them. That was one of the basic requirements of having a mate-to get familiar with his or her parents. As the couple left his house, Marquise did not bother to see them out. He let Akira do that for himself and in his place. “I wish you well.” He called out from the dining room when he heard the door open before Akira was in his presence again.

“Sit down,” he ordered sternly, “The time is now.” There was no reason to postpone such a discussion, given there was nothing, he believed,to hide. “I want to know what are in those files and why your mother suggested I would want them.” His eyes then fell on the phone pushed to him, unmoving. He had no desire to look through the device like the files which were previously presented to him. He was not here to meddle with personal privacy, but he wanted to be aware of what would be necessary information to him, if any.“Aaron!” Marquise suddenly called upon the individual and, when he came, he nodded to the phone, “Do me a favor and check that for me.”

“What exactly am I looking for?” Aaron asked curiously, lifting the phone from the table.

“Anything, I suppose. It’s not I who wants it checked.”

“I’ll see what I can find.” The scientist began opening different applications to view the images and messages in the mobile phone.Quickly, however, he saw there was nothing particularly interesting, so he kept himself busy by looking through the photo gallery.

While Aaron did this, Marquise kept his attention on Akira, waiting. “Speak fast. I lost my appetite.” For a dragon to skip a day of eating and to no longer be hungry when he once was would make any dragon, and even human, irritable. He hid it well, but he showed no more pleasantries, if he had done so before. The mention of his loss of appetite served as a warning and, hopefully, Akira would heed it.

Akira moved to sit down at the table, resting his hands on the table. Hearing the questions that were thrown at him, he looked away at first but did speak up and didn't waste any time. "One of those were my medical files. I was a sick kid back in the day so they thought you would need to know that part. I have issues with doctors as it is, so it can be screaming match between my parents and I. Or like fighting match, i just hate them and I think I don't need to see them after being good for so many years. So what that I can get extreme fevers or siesures, I never had one for awhile now.." Akira brought up with a cross of his arms showing he was on the denfensive side now.

"That other file must have been my crinimal record that they use to just make feel like guilty human being. I was caught stealing once, and caught underage in some places..while working but that was there..." Akira said next explaining what was on the record. There was a moment of silence, but he spoke more. "There may have been sometimes where I had some issues with my anger and that may have lead me into fights.."

Akira gave out the information that he thought Marquis wanted now from those files. "I don't get why my parents could have trusted to tell you. I guess because of my past they don't trust that I would tell anyone.."

On the phone, it all seemed normal but there was somethings that weren't normal at all. Like his email and certain part of his photos were locked with a pass code on it to get in. His email had a pass code because that's where he got email sent to him about work. The pictures that were locked away were more risque pictures of him or even close to being pornographic.

Akira let out a sigh, as he moved around in his seat. "That's all of it Marquis, I have nothing to hide anymore," Akira stated when it came to those files but not about his phone. Akira's interest perked up when a sound came through his phone and it was for a message from a friend.

[Hey, Akira. It has been awhile but I thought I message you. I remember this old picture of us.]

The picture was of him and a dragon male who was dressed with him as a club was the background. Akira's face had showed that he had been drinking.

• 1 month later...

Marquise folded his hands on the table as his mate explained the files to him. How childish he sounded. He knew Akira was the type to pick fights, but to detest his parents so much and have a criminal record was beyond expectations. He certainly built a reputation with the wind dragon now, but the man was emotionless, giving no hint of his feelings toward the matter. The only thing he felt was tiredness and slight irritability. Both of which were the fault of Akira or, more specifically, his parents. The dragon, although he stared directly at the individual parallel to him, was barely paying attention. He had been concerned before but now the information did not sound as secretive or as life-threatening as it was made out to be. Why, exactly, did he need to know this? It certainly proved the rebellious streak Akira had was not new and not much evidence was needed to support that he still has one.

“You say you have nothing else to hide, but I suspect you still do.” The dragon stated bluntly, unwavering in his eye contact. Everyone has something to hide, even him. However, he was not interested enough to pry into such secrets. Maybe later he would demand them from Akira, but enough had been spoken about tonight. “In regard to my thoughts about your files, you should view them more seriously. Your health is not something I want to see suddenly deteriorate because you believe what has happened in the past will not affect you again. I cannot afford to have my mate fall ill, as I would not have the time to care for you.” He wouldn’t want to care for him either, but he would have to do so if something were to happen to him. It wouldn’t look well if his mate died on him or were hospitalized for a long period of time.

“Your parents may have put up with your attitude, but, as I think you’ve come to find out, I will not. An attitude like yours is not attractive in a mate and it reflects on me. A dragon is not supposed to be weak.” Marquise was not of low rank and he had no intentions of dropping in rank because of the actions of a human. Akira was no exception. “You may put the food away and leave.” The wind dragon motioned the human to leave with a wave of his hand. He would not be returning his phone. That was implied.

“Marquise,” Aaron stepped closer to the dragon as the white-haired individual turned to him. The notification sound had made the scientist jump, but he was quick to click on the message. He showed the phone screen to Marquise for him to look at.

“This is of no interest to me.” He stated simply.

“I expected so, but this is as close as what you told me to find.” Aaron still did not know what he was exactly searching for with the specifics of “anything.” He might as well be searching for nothing, and that was what it appeared to be.

“Thank you. I’ll be heading to my room now. You have the couch like usual.” Marquise took hold of he phone, stood from his chair, and started to leave the dining room, ignoring the presence of Akira who was still in the room.