Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Ms.Flair Inventory
    Shiki Okumura Rin Sebastian & Cloud

Re: I don't want to be mated (me and YellowMelon)

+
    Akira waited for an answer, but noticed he wasn't getting any answer from this guy. Without his answer, Akira was pushed forward and out toward the exit of the building. He didn't go against him, since he didn't want to cause anymore trouble for the client who had hired him. Seeing the car outside, he stayed silent before climbed into the car once it was opened for him. Closing it behind him, he brought his bag to his lap to keep it secure.

"I am rather surprised," Akira commented. Akira gave him a look, as he took the envelope from him. He quickly counted the amount before storing it away in his bag. Akira listened to what he said, as he just nodded his head. "You did say that," Akira muttered at first. "I had this event scheduled before I wad forced into that scenario where I met you.." Akira explained. Akira didn't say anything else, not saying anything since that he didn't have an answer now. During the rest of the ride, Akira had his phone out and checking on anything that he could check out.

Akira got out of the car, following him straight into the house and even to the room. Looking around the whole room, he noticed that this room was furnished and pretty nice too. "I will do that, and I..have the books on me," Akira said. Akira rolled his eyes toward him, with a shake of his head. He huffed out, before going into the room and even slamming the door behind him. Akira said somethings under his breath, as he threw his bag onto the bed.

What happened to the door, was something unusual. The outer parts glowed and even something started to appear on the outside of the door. When it all stopped, there was a mark on the door. It belong to a dragon hunter who could use magic. That was one of the ways to help them to kill dragons. Akira sat down on the bed now, while pulling out the books to read them over again. "Stupid dragon..thinks he is almighty.."

He had the books on him? Why would he have those? Marquise didn’t want to jump to conclusions and assume Akira was stealing from him, but he had his suspicions now. The reading room may replicate a small library, but that didn’t mean he could check out the books in there and bring them wherever he wanted. He could certainly borrow the books as long as they didn’t leave the house. This was because there were some books Marquise had that weren’t available in the library. In addition, there were others he needed for his research. He didn’t mind letting people into his reading room, which was why he let Akira in, but he trusted no one to steal from it. Maybe Akira didn’t know that because he hadn’t said it was a rule. It didn’t seem like he listened to rules much, anyway, so it probably wouldn’t have been any good if he had told him. Perhaps he needed to write it down.

Once the human slammed the door, Marquise reached for the door handle. However, he suddenly stopped himself when he noticed the door glowing. What is going on? He stepped back to take in the mark engraved into the door. His eyes widened recognizing the mark, a mark he had decided to long forget about. Now it was here, on his door, and he knew it wasn’t good for him. The mark was glowing red as though it had been stamped on with a branding iron. He blew on it to cool it down. The red glow faded, leaving smoke in its place. He blew on the mark once more before slowly reaching out to touch it. The red glow returned to the spot he touched, causing a sharp, but tolerable pain. He pulled his finger away. The redness of his finger was evident against his pale skin. It felt as though he had touched the rack of a hot oven. Tsk. I’ll have to do something about that.

He knew why the mark was there, and he knew he couldn’t let Akira find out about it. It didn’t seem like he knew what had happened, or, if he did, he didn’t care, which meant he didn’t have much knowledge about it. This meant Marquise could cover it up and his mate would continue on not caring. Before that, though, he needed to carry out the punishment he was going to give Akira. He didn’t think it would be very harsh, but it would get the message across that breaking his rules weren’t appreciated. Marquise hesitantly reached for the door handle again, expecting it to burn him, but was pleasantly surprised it felt cool to the touch. It seemed like the mark was the only problem with the door, thankfully. With the lock being on the outside, he simply blew a strong gust of air into the keyhole and the handle locked. He jiggled it to make sure, checking the sturdiness of the handle while at it.

With that task done, he went about to collect a piece of printer paper from his study with a dark blue and purple sharpie. He labeled the paper with AKIRA’S ROOM, purposefully writing it in capital letters. To make it decorative, he alternated the colors of the letters, switching between blue and purple. He had no paint to cover the mark, which was why he was making the makeshift sign. It would hide the mark until he got some paint. He returned downstairs with masking tape in his hand. He didn’t want to damage the door more than it already was. Holding the paper up with one hand, he held the tape with the other and ripped a piece off with his teeth. “That should do it,” he mumbled to himself as he taped the corners of the paper and made sure it covered the mark completely. He admired his handiwork from a small distance before moving to rest on the couch. He decided he would lock Akira inside until he created a big fuss or, if he didn’t notice, for however long it took him to notice.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Ms.Flair Inventory

Akira didn't know about the locking of the door or anything, since he was working on doing some reading now. Looking through the pages, as he started to flip through them. Akira started to read the books, where he had notebooks out with his phone too. Shaking his head, he moved from the bed before he started to clean up the stuff. Settling everything down on the desk now, Akira headed for the door to get out of the room. Trying to get out of the room, he noticed it was stiff or locked. Throwing his body against it, it made a thud sound. Huffing out, he started to hit his body more against the door.

Akira was starting to have a fuss, throwing his body against the door and even using his foot to kick at it. "Marquise! Let me out of this room, you can't keep me locked in this room! This is inhumane to do this!" Akira yelled out. "I am sorry, but I need to be out! I can't be caged like some humans!" Akira yelled right after with a shake of his head.

Akira stepped a couple steps back, as he went to sit down back on the bed. Letting out a long sigh, he ran his hands through his hair. Going into his bag, he had bound notebook in there where he started to go through it. It was his journal, and how he kept his information together. Why was this happening to him, of all people. Checking his phone, he tried to see if he could make a call or get any internet. He had internet but no cell service though.

Going back over to the door, Akira decided to look over the lock instead of putting himself into pain. Checking out the lock, he noticed how it was locked. "He used magic on the lock.." Akira mentioned.

Marquise had just about started to fall asleep when he heard a bang from Akira's room. He thought about ignoring it, but the sound was made again, then again, and repeatedly. He could hear the human screaming from inside his room now, wanting out. Well, that would be too easy, wouldn't it? It wouldn't be much of a lesson if he let Akira out upon being asked to. No, demanded to. What message would that get across? Certainly the opposite of what he wanted. It would show the human had some control over him. He couldn't let him think that. A dragon couldn't easily be controlled unless he wanted to, and Marquise wasn't going to give. Not yet, not ever.

"It's not inhumane," the dragon yelled back, "You're not starving, are you?!" He didn't plan on keeping Akira there forever. That would be inhumane, and it was something he didn't even want to do. He wouldn't be able to handle all the complaining. He could barely deal with it now. Plus, he had never said he wasn't going to feed the other. He would still tends to his needs. If he got hungry, he was sure his mate would voice it, and he would do something about it. Simple, wasn't it? "If you were sorry, you wouldn't have done it to begin with." He showed no sympathy, standing from the couch and approaching the door. He knocked on the door repeatedly, returning the favor Akira gave him. "You're not being caged either. Don't make your situation sound worse than it is. If I wanted to cage you, I would stick you in a cage for dogs." He said the last statement with complete seriousness. Although he didn't have a dog cage on hand, since he, clearly, didn't own any pets, he could easily buy one to threaten the human with it if he felt like it.

Marquise stopped and pressed his ear against the door when he no longer heard Akira. The silence could either mean something he should be worried about or he had calmed down. It almost seemed like the latter, but, with the human, he didn't know. He jiggled the door handle again, making sure the other wasn't trying to unlock the door, or that he had succeeded without knowing. Nope, it was still locked. Still, the silence bothered him. He debated whether he should unlock the door to check on him, but what if he escaped? What if this was a plan all along? He didn't want to risk it, so he kept the door shut. With his superior sense of hearing, Marquise could hear the observation Akira made after, noticing the door had not randomly locked, but had been made to lock.

"I don't think I would call it magic," he paused to think about it, "I'm just using my powers." Did humans consider the abilities dragons had to be magic? But wasn't magic things that magicians did? Marquise shook his head. He had no time to think about that, or to think about such a small matter at all. Either way, Akira certainly wouldn't be able to get out because he had used "magic." "Anyway, it's been a long day for the both of us. I think we should get some rest." He waited for Akira to agree, or disagree, letting out a brief yawn as he leaned himself against the door. He needed his own rest.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Ms.Flair Inventory

There was no answers coming the door, till the very end. He spoke up, while he was still near the door. "Yeah you are right. I am going stop, and I am pretty tired too from working too," Akira said. Akira went straight over the room, where he stripped down to just his boxers. Akira would spend the rest of the time, working on his readings and his journal.

It didn't take long, before Akira felt how tired he was. Falling asleep there on the bed, with the books and his journal by him on the bed. Sleeping there, as he just fell into deep sleep with minimal movements coming from him.

Waking up later on, it seemed like it was late morning/ early afternoon. Rubbing his eyes, as he stretched his body out while sitting up. It was weird that he had dreamed, but he did. It wasn't normal to him, where there was so many symbols and also a weird language too. "That was pretty weird," Akira muttered to himself. Looking over to the door, wondering if the door was unlocked or not. "I wonder if he unlocked it."

Marquise let out a sigh of relief when he heard the other agree with him. He wouldn’t have been able to deal with him otherwise. Still, he remained against the door, almost in a daze. His eyes felt too heavy to keep open and his body felt too heavy to keep up. As a result, he slowly slid down the door with his head resting against the frame. Once he hit the floor, his legs straightened to block the entrance. It had certainly been a long day for the dragon by getting a mate and working, although the latter wasn’t what made him tired. What really used up his energy was having to chase after Akira. While he didn’t have to do much chasing, just driving, it was something he wasn’t used to, having to go out of his way to retrieve a human. He didn’t want to make that an everyday task, especially if it made him this exhausted. He was used to doing simple things, busying himself with activities to do inside rather than outside. Unconsciously, the dragon fell into a deep sleep outside the door.

Knock. Knock. Knock.
    Ding. Ding. Ding.

The banging on the front door and the ringing of his doorbell slowly brought Marquise to consciousness. He lifted himself from the wooden floor with his blue eyes more clouded than normal. He was not yet fully awake. “Give me a few more minutes.” He mumbled out, letting out an audible yawn and stretching his back, cracking it in the process. He had been so tired that he had not cared where he slept, but now he regretted it. The cold floor felt cooler to him than his own bed, but a mattress would have been better for his body. His muscles felt stiff and a little sore. However, he would soon get over that.

“Hello?” The door creaked opened to reveal a tall man wearing glasses in a lab coat. His height seemed to come from his long legs. He peaked into the living area, having not yet noticed Marquise on the opposite side of the room.

Marquise dared not to look at who had entered his house. He knew by his voice who it was, and he also knew it was the only person he had given a master key to his house to. Having not yet heard his name, he assumed his coworker had not seen him. The way he looked now was unprofessional, so he had to change. Being close to the stairs, the dragon skipped every other step as he went to the second floor. He entered his bedroom without closing the door behind him and swiftly changed into a white dress shirt with jeans, throwing on his lab coat as he went to the bathroom to check on his appearance.

While the owner of the house was busy in another room, the coworker fully stepped into the residence and closed the front door behind him. “Hello?” He repeated, having heard movement but had not turned his head fast enough to see where Marquise was. The man shoved his hands in the pockets of his white coat as he began to wander towards the back of the living room. It was unusual for the botanist to not be ready for the check-up. Even though it was unscheduled, he seemed to always be prepared. This time, though, he couldn’t be found. How strange. He didn’t think he could be asleep, since it was almost noon. He knew Marquise liked to sleep, but he wasn’t one to oversleep. He stopped at the bottom of the staircase to the second floor, expecting to hear some noise. There was none. He was tempted to go up, but he knew better.

The coworker turned to face the door on his right and, without making a noise, he took out the master key he had and placed it in the key hole. Slowly, he turned the key, then pushed the door open. The magic on the door had faded, allowing the door to be unlocked with ease. “Marquise!” He yelled the name angrily, clearly upset. “I am not here to play a game of hide-and-seek.” He crossed his arms over his chest, looking at the man he thought to be Marquise. However, that person wasn’t him. Instead, he was staring at a shorter individual with an eccentric appearance who seemed to have no clothes on except for his underwear. “I see Marquise has been invested in something other than his work.”

The wind dragon was in the process of combing his hair when he heard his name being yelled. Oh dear, what did I do? He finished in the bathroom before rushing downstairs to find Akira’s bedroom door open. He had not put a lot of strength into locking the door, so the magic that was holding it had worn off in the middle of the night. Marquise entered the room to witness Aaron staring at his mate with the human being mostly naked.

“Hello, Aaron,” he approached the other with an outstretched hand, “Sorry you had to let yourself in. I must have been preoccupied when you entered because I didn’t hear you.”

Aaron shook the hand reaching out to him, but his eyes did not leave the human, even as he spoke. “Yes, well, I knocked and rang the doorbell several times. Despite being a dragon, it seems like your senses are failing you. However, I can certainly see who you were occupied with.”

Marquise held a forced smile on his face, although receiving insults from his coworker did not please him. “You’re mistaken. This is-“

“Let him introduce himself.” He cut the speaker off. Aaron was known to be bold to both humans and dragons. His confidence came from being close to the boss of their company.

Spoiler:  
    Last edited by YellowMelon; 08-08-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Ms.Flair Inventory

Akira heard the door, and even door bell but he wasn't caring at the moment. Why did he not care? He was still locked here, so he couldn't go answer the door. He had no idea that Marquise was on other side of the side of room. To block out the noise, he searched for his headphones to put them into his ears. Starting to play his music, he went back to the books while still in his underwear.

Akira looked up from the book he was reading, when he saw door jiggle before it opened up. Seeing the man who was in the entrance, his eyes widen as he pulled the blanket over to cover himself. Narrowing his eyes, he let out a growl at the guy. "Don't say such things about me like I am some whore..." Akira spat out toward the male before he saw Marquise there now.

He was silent, not speaking up at the moment before he moved to get dressed quickly with what he was wearing. Standing up now, as he started to collect his things while putting them off to the side. "My name is Akira," Akira started before stepping a couple steps closer. Looking over at Marquise, moving to touch the mark on his neck while looking over what looked like a human.

"I am gonna repeat myself to you. I am not some whore, or someone he bought. I am actually his mate," Akira said with a cross of his arms. Slowly pushing them both, "I gotta go use the washroom for a shower and see if I can make something to eat.." Akira said starting to walk away but stopped though. Looking over his shoulder, "Should I try to prepare something for all of us? I know how to..cook at least..." Akira said, asking or was suggestion the help to them.

Akira was certainly bold, but, as much as Marquise thought Aaron deserved to be reprimanded like that, he couldn’t let that behavior pass so easily, especially now that the coworker knew the human was his mate. Aaron, himself, simply stood in his place expressionless. It was hard to read his emotions, and he wanted it that way. Marquise moved closer to his mate when he stopped walking away from them. “Akira, a dragon’s mate should not interfere with his business.” He whispered, not wanting to embarrass him, or, mostly, himself, especially not in front of his esteemed coworker. “Now, I expect you to apologize to Mr. Walters. He wasn’t aware of me acquiring a mate, so the assumptions he made were logical to him.” He spoke sternly to Akira, clearly wanting to show who was boss in front of the man beside him. Marquise knew Aaron tended to jump to conclusions, especially since he wasn’t very updated on the news. Aaron was usually the last person to know about any current event going on outside of his job because he wasn’t a frequent news watcher, or reader.

“No need,” Aaron spoke up, “I think your mate will come to understand why I mistook him for a prostitute, and I’m sure I won’t be the first person who does it.” The coworker smirked at the other human, almost trying to rub in the insult. Being introduced to Marquise’s mate was certainly something. He never expected the wind dragon to settle down, especially since he seemed the most disinterested in doing so. All he had ever called it was “his responsibility,” and now it actually was. His taste in mates was also unique. Aaron found the boy to be appealing, but, for him, there were much better fish in the sea. However, he, himself, had managed to come this far as a human without being mated. The reason for this was because of his position in the well-known plant company he and Marquise worked for. He had worked his way up to become a personal assistant to the boss, which required him to be available at all times and dedicated to his superior. His boss, a dragon, made sure nothing interfered with that, which was why Aaron could easily get away without having a mate.

“Yes, and I think I would like some coffee too,” he responded in place of Marquise, despite being in his house and the question coming from his mate, “I’m glad to know Marquise has somewhat of a capable mate, although, if cooking is the only skill you have, I suggest you pick up more talents. Cooking and stripping can only entertain a person for so long.” Aaron said the last sentence in passing as Marquise pushed on him to start walking up the stairs. The wind dragon followed behind the coworker but stopped before he completely left Akira. “I would appreciate it if you cook for all of us, but don’t wait on us if we’re still upstairs when you’re done cooking. I have a lot of research to update Aaron on, so he might be staying late.” Marquise trusted Akira to cook for them but didn’t want the human to think he had to wait on them. They may be exchanging, and updating, paperwork for hours. It wasn’t uncommon for Marquise to offer Aaron to stay the night either when he came to check on him.

In his study, Marquise already had a stack of papers on his desk. The papers were filled with handwritten notes and data, which he had Aaron look over. Everything that was on paper was also filed on the computer. He sat in his desk chair and began clicking through different files, discussing with Aaron how their boss wanted him to turn in his work. With Marquise on the computer and Aaron reading at the desk, both were evidently occupied. They would later switch jobs after as a way to double check.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Ms.Flair Inventory

Akira had stopped, not moving from where he was standing. Akira heard the whisper, as he let out a huff. "Well I will try better next time," Akira whispered back at him. Akira turned around, as he looked at the guy in front of him. Looking over at the wind dragon, before looking back at the other guy. He was ready to apologize but he was stopped though.

Akira was glad that he didn't need to apologize, but the next thing made his temper boil now. He was not some prostitute, and he hated that term toward him. "I am not one though," Akira muttered coldly under his breath. Akira moved to get closer to the human, with his hands by his side where he wanted to throw a punch at the guy. He stopped, not moving anymore and not wanting to cause anymore trouble for Marquise. He was trying to be good, but it was hard for him.

"You want coffee? I can make that for both of you if you want some too Marquise," Akira answered with a nod of his head toward him. Next insult came around, turned up the heat on his temper. Akira was ready to punch something out, but he would put his anger out somewhere else. "That is fine Marquise. I will make some lunch for everyone and I will be making dinner too. I won't wait up" Akira said heading for the kitchen to make something to eat for them for lunch.

Akira was in the kitchen, as he was making some lunch for everyone with his phone out. He ha made plentiful sandwiches, with lots of good ingredients between the bread. Making himself something first, before he made enough for two of them. When everything was prepared, he had put the drinks and food on the serving platter. Carrying it now upstairs, he stopped not moving anymore forward. "Marquise, I have lunch ready. I rather not cross that one rule.." Akira called out to him.

Akira waited, as he held the platter in his hands. Looking down at the food, he hoped the two guys would like this lunch. It was pretty simple but it was better then nothing.

Marquise groaned when he started having problems with his computer. He clicked the mouse frantically, trying to unfreeze the screen. It wasn’t the newest or most updated, but the PC worked, which was what mattered to him. He found the computer about three years ago when he had to replace his older one, and, even now, he’s never bothered to think about getting a newer computer since. Despite it acting up, he still believed it worked smoothly, having paired it with a compatible keyboard and mouse that were to his liking. The researcher considered forcing the computer to shut down by manually pressing the power button to later restart it. However, he had added more data to the spreadsheet that was currently open and hadn’t saved it. He didn't have the habit of saving documents as he worked on them. If he were to force the computer to turn off now, he didn’t know if his data would be auto-saved, having run into a similar issue before where it wasn't. On the other hand, there was the possibility the computer would restart on its own and still make him question if his progress had been saved.

“Aaron.”

“Yes?” Aaron didn’t bother to look up from the paperwork he was reading in his hands. He knew what the issue was, and he knew what the solution would be.

“What do you suggest I do? Force the computer down manually or give it more time?”

“I think you know what to do. It will shut down one way or the other, by your hands or by itself. Do whatever is the fastest.”

Marquise was in the process of holding down the power button as his coworker spoke him. If he waited out the problem, he knew the computer would resolve the issue by restarting, not unfreezing, itself. He released the button when it stopped glowing and waited for a minute before pressing it again. The usual loading screen appeared on the monitor with an alert that the computer had not been turned off properly. Well, that was obvious. With the computer back up and running, Marquise checked if his work had been automatically saved. Luckily, it had.

“Did it save?”

“Yeah." The man returned to typing on his keyboard.

“As expected.”

Because Marquise was so focused on better organizing his data, finding satisfaction from the clicking coming from his keyboard, he paid little attention to the noise Akira made when coming upstairs and calling for him. If he didn’t respond, he assumed the human would get the hint and leave. Although he warned the other of how busy he and his coworker would be, he hadn’t expected him to bring lunch up to them. It was a thoughtful gesture, but he didn’t need it. Aaron, however, could smell coffee, and the aroma made him to put his papers down to fetch the drink.

Aaron was stepping out of the study alone when he noticed Akira paused at the top of the stairs. “I see Marquise has put limits on where you can go in the house.” He spoke the observation as he approached the shorter individual. His eyes immediately fell on the serving platter to spot the coffee. He picked up one mug with his right hand and the other with his left, taking a quick sip of the drink in his right, while giving no indication of whether it was to his liking or not after.

“You can keep the sandwiches. Neither of us want them because we don't like having food around our work space. It can create quite a mess, you know." Aaron stated the fact as though he had expected Akira to already know this preference about them. The brunette continued to stand in front of the other, silent, waiting. “Well, shoudn’t you be in your room by now? You’re best off there to not disturb us.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles