Bonds as strong as Time [[For LoneDigger and Myself]]

Full_Moon_Rising

"The question isn't if I'm bold enough. I just don't want him to have to remember that kind of trauma again."

Dakari murmured, and for once he wasn't smiling or cracking a joke to make himself feel better. It really was a dreadful feeling. That someone as powerful, yet calm and pure like Katsu had in fact been tainted by the worst type of poison.

It didn't even seem possible, but why would anyone lie about something like that? And he had seen the demon himself.

Disgusting insect.

"Your secret is safe with me, but don't worry. I'll remind them later."

Dakari chuckled, the new information had worked to distract his mind from his own brooding. Katsu had perhaps mentioned his father once, but he had never met the man. And now the hyena was just very curious what he could even be like.

The prince hurriedly sat up and pulled back on his long shirt so he could get back out to join the others.

"Told you it was nothing~!"

The hyena laughed as waved off before sprinting outside to see what fun he had missed. What was Katsu doing up in a tree when all the action was below him?

The boy wrapped his arms around the base of the tree and tried to climb up, and surprisingly he was able to scale the length without much effort.

"Oh, I get it... You came up so you wouldn't have to share that. Tsk, tsk."

Dakari teased as he pointed out the bottle in the elder's hand.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Full_Moon_Rising

• LoneDigger

Watching Dakari bound off, Yuzuki couldn't quite stop the soft musical laugh that escaped her as she mentally handed the boy back off into the hands of his Sentinel Guardians. While Dakari didn't seem it, the boy was much more insightful than most gave him credit for. He knew when to pry and when certain topics were better off left alone. He had the makings of a fine King and Yuzuki didn't doubt that when his time came, his reign would be a successful one. Nor did she doubt that Katsu was in good hands with the teenager. As removed as the snow leopard was, Dakari brought out a side of the feline rarely seen and Yuzuki found herself rooting for the pair.

Blinking when he caught Dakari's familiar scent approaching quickly, Katsu tore his gaze away from Kisame and Yuuta dancing like absolute fools and focused his somewhat hazy gaze on the teenager scaling the tree to reach his branch. Resting back against his perch comfortably, one leg dangling lazily in empty air, Katsu smirked at the boy's declaration even as he raised his bottle and took a drink from the liquor inside. He was feeling mighty good right about now, this being his second bottle after all. While Dakari hadn't been gone a terribly long time, Kisame and Katsu had fully planned on getting dead drunk after their encounters with their "mates" and they were already on the way there.

Heavens knew that Kisame was past the point of no return, as was Yuuta and a few others. Katsu though, he still had just a few strands of clarity left in him.

"Sharp as always, Princeling....Did you get a clean bill of health from Yuzuki?" Katsu chuckled, voice soft and completely unguarded while holding the slightest of slurs to it.

Pausing a moment before holding out the bottle to Dakari for him to drink, Katau turned his gaze back down at Kisame and Yuuta and the others who had decided to join in their truly ridiculous dance. It was a nice setting and the pleasant numbness the liquor has given him helped him to erase the aches that had remained in his body and throbbing from his mate mark after their earlier battle.

"They truly are rather idiotic, aren't they? And yet, they never once fail to amuse me. I would have assumed you'd join in with their antics instead of climbing onto a tree with a lazy cat" the Sentinel remarked lightly, side eyeing Dakari rather lazily.

"She touched me and it was really weird, but other than that I'm perfectly fine."

Dakari teased, they both knew that Yuzuki wasn't like that at all. But the prince tended to exaggerate everything anyway, especially when he was deep down feeling so shy over nothing. He really just wasn't used to being around females.

Nor was he to climbing trees, he had just been so eager to find Katsu that now looking down caused him to gulp slightly and grip tighter onto the branch.

But then the elder was offering to share his drink, and right now that was the last thing he wanted to do while struggling to keep vertigo from catching him. He didn't need the leopard mocking him so he reached out while the other hand gripped around the branch until his knuckles were pure white, taking a larger sip than intended since he was clumsier up here.

He didn't finish it all off though and handed it back carefully. Katsu looked so at home up in here, and he just wanted to get back down, but up here he had the snow leopard all to himself which was pretty tempting and enough of a motivator to make him forget his fear of heights.

"Wouldn't you be jealous if I didn't say hello to you first?"

The hyena teased back, a faint sparkle of mischief in his blue orbs.

"That woman does have quite the magical touch."

Katsu purred out in agreement, fully aware of Dakari's reasons for saying such words and deciding to play along. Failing to fully hide the amusement sparkling in his blue hues at the clear discomfort Dakari displayed by being up in the tree, Katsu laughed softly under his breath. While he might not be his African cousin, as a snow leopard, he enjoyed heights like any other cat. It was part of who he was, part of his DNA, and any opportunity he had to get a visual advantage of a situation from a higher perch, he would take it. Dakari on the other hand....well it was clear the young Prince didn't share his love for his current chosen resting place. And honestly, the situation was too good to let it go to waste.

"Oh yes....dreadfully so. Hell, I might even pout for the rest of the night, declare my heart broken and refuse to come down until it was time to discuss battle strategies....Truly you have my eternal gratitude for coming to me first"

Katau chuckled as his smile grew even after taking back the drink and continuing to look Dakari with a playfully mocking gleam in his eyes.

"Are you sure you're alright there, Princeling? I must say, heights don't look like they agree with you. A few more moments and I'd suspect you'd start hyperventilating.....Truly, you are quite amusing to watch. I would suggest you can come closer to me but I don't think your pride would allow such weakness, would it Dakari? I could promise to keep you safe and make sure you don't fall....but perhaps watching you struggle to maintain your balance rather desperately could be more amusing."

Making a show of leaning further back with the utmost ease and taking a drink as he watched the struggling hyena, Katsu couldn't help but want to see what Dakari planned to do. Would he continue to stubbornly try and maintain his balance or would he return to the ground because no way in hell would the kid ever do as he suggested.

"You're welcome. No one like a sulky snow leopard, you know~"

Dakari didn't miss a beat when it came to their bantering, well at least most of the time. Sometimes Katsu even had him at a loss for words. Must be his cool nature, or something like that.

"No shit. But you're wrong if you think I'm that scared of heights, it's just frighteningly boring up here. That's all."

He huffed, but his grip on the branch with not only his hands but his thighs squeezing around the limb for some kind of hold said otherwise.

"That's why you brought the booze up, to make it slightly more exciting for an old man."

The prince muttered, then narrowed his eyes again at the elder. But the hyena was fighting back a smile that was very obvious.

"You're just saying that because you want to do weird stuff up where you have the advantage. Maybe you were expecting me to cry and cling onto you?"

The hyena was shaking from holding on too hard and the fact he was feeling wobbly despite being secure his mind kept telling him he was going to fall.

"And how would booze make it more exciting up here? Hmmm? Even drunk I would not be likely to fall so the only excitement of having liquor with me is watching young ones like you climb up onto the tree, drink my liquor and still try and convince me they're not in the least be frightened.....Which you're doing a horrible job at, by the way, you squeeze the branch any tighter and it might just crack under you and then you'd really fully experience what it's like falling from a tree....Which I admit, would be exciting to watch"

Katsu grinned, eyes absolutely sparkling with barely restrained laughter as he took a slow look down at Dakari's death grip of the branch and back up to his face. The Prince was a terrible liar it would seem, especially when he was in a state of unease. And while Katsu wouldn't truly let anything happen to him...well watching him squirm and try and argue against his clear unease was truly entertaining.

"Little one, I have the advantage over you no matter where we are" Katsu released a bark of laughter, grinning without a trace of hesitation at Dakari. The expression making him look younger than he quite literally already did.

"You have yet to lay a single claim on me aside from bursting through an emotional reveal in the hot springs. If I truly felt inclined to, I could make you fully understand that you belong to me and not the other way around. Pinning you has always been an easy task and claiming you would be just as simple....but watching you think otherwise is rather amusing."

Bringing his long tail into existence once more, Katau slowly stretched the lenght of it out across the distance between them and curled the tip around Dakari's wrist.

"Now do us both of favor, get over here before you fall on your face".

"Jokes on you, because if my fat ass breaks this branch we're both perched on then you're coming down with me."

Dakari grinned, but it was a nervous smile nonetheless. Now that he was all the way up here the only way back down again that he could fathom was quite literally falling back down to the ground he was already really starting to miss.

Why did he even have to climb up this damn tree? He should have just taunted the old cat down if he wanted to talk to him.

"Not even close! I just go easy on you because you're so old and cold. Youth and fire beats both~"

The hyena chided, but he went quiet and his face seemed to flush when Katsu brought up that night. He couldn't even think of a good rebuttal for that one.

Why had he acted like that back in the springs. It seemed like he wasn't himself, submitting so easily and almost wanting Katsu to take over. He was still in denial somehow, that if he kept fighting it. Then it couldn't be true.

And the prince would have stayed stubbornly right where he was if weren't for the fact he could swear he heard a faint cracking sound and a touch on his arm sent him shuffling even faster into the safety of the snow leopard's arms.

"Okay, okay...! Just don't let me fall or I will show you...!"

Dakari tried to threaten, but he was shaking slightly. But he didn't exactly seem unhappy now that he was in a much more comfortable position. He even let out a faint hum as he rested his face in the crook of his neck.

Snorting out a sound of amusement, Katsu rolled his eyes at the teenaged even as he brought the bottle to his lips once more. How long would it take for Dakari to realize that as a cat, he was prone to being more agile than most. Should the branch break, he could easily twist his body around to cling onto the rest of the tree with his claws. And if he didn't feel like going through the trouble, he would simply land on his feet on the ground below. Cats were known to land on their paws nearly all the time and Katsu was no different....Dakari though, the fall might be a bit more painful for the boy.

"Really? Well I'll be damned but this old, cold cat beats you at every turn....even when you're trying. If you're trying to convince me that you haven't given me your all yet, you're gonna have to try that argument with me with a bit more proof. At this rate, I might as well find myself a new opponent"

Katsu chuckled through a wide yawned before he was casting his gaze back down to the world below them. Kisame was still acting a fool but he had managed to find himself a handsome dance partner. Yuuta had spun Yuzuki into his arms and while his mate was doing more laughing than actually dancing, everyone looking like they were having a good time. Which was a welcoming sight when the next day wasn't promised for everyone here.

Laughing softly when Dakari finally caved and scrambled towards him, Katsu casually wrapped his tail around the boy's waist before following the gesture with his free arm. The other arm holding his bottle rested lightly against the edge of his thigh as he brought one leg slightly up to better secure Dakari between his arms and thighs. With the teenager leaning against him and the snow leopard having secured him with his available limbs in such a way, there was no way in hell Dakari would fall.

Letting a deep, purr like sound rumble out of his chest in a soothing attempt to the shaking he felt in Dakari, Katsu briefly nuzzled the teenager's hairline before huffing out an amused:

"You're threats lack fire to them, Princeling. Now, don't go falling asleep on me. Kisame will have your head if you doze off in your own victory celebration."

"Yeah? I think we have an even bigger problem... How the fuck are we supposed to get down from this thing?!"

Dakari groaned dramatically, but he was still smiling. How could he not? It was pretty cozy up here and with how Katsu had him in his grasp made him feel a lot less worried than before.

He still didn't dare look down, but he didn't have to hear the sounds of laughter and the faint scent of campfire smoke. Why couldn't things always be this way?

Peace seemed such an impossible dream but he hoped that when it came his time to rule that his kingdom would be spared of suffering band be remembered as one of the greatest times to be alive...

He scoffed to himself, it was niave even to hope for such. They were already heading for war and those things never end.

He didn't want to think about it now and he instead pressed his face further against his neck. Almost forgetting all about the mark until the faint, but toxic scent tickled his nose. He held his breath, and then exhaled slowly. As if trying to blow warmth against the pain there to make it go away.

"Well....I could simply jump down and carry you down with me like the Princess you are. You could cling onto me like a brat when I jump down. Or you could simply fall your way down and I'll meet you at the bottom...or I could try and catch you at the bottom. The choice is all yours"

Katau grinned even after shrugging at the words that left his own mouth. It wouldn't be a problem for him to jump off nor was he scared of the moment when it came. He was too accustomed to heights to ever truly fear the the moment of slipping off his perch. It was clearly different for Dakari and while Katsu loved to tease him, he would probably try and make the descent for the teenager as smooth as he could make it.

Stilling just a bit when Dakari pressed closer to his neck, both Katsu's arm and tail tightened unconsciously around Dakari when the boy seemed to hold his breath. A shiver shuddered lightly through him the moment later when a soft breath of air was blown against his accursed mating mark and while it surprisingly brought about a soothing sensation to the constant burning of the mark....he couldn't help the self loathing that swelled inside him.

"Disgusting....is it not? A true mark of my greatest failure.....If the scent or sight of it displeases you, Princeling, try angling your head a little away from it. I will try and smother its scent the best I can"

The snow leopard remarked quietly, frown twisting his lips down into a small self hating grimace even as a thin layer of ice formed on his skin over the mark to try and nullify the scent. He still remembered how Dakari had retched when it had first appeared and while they were having a good time, he didn't want to bring any discomfort to the boy.

"As if you could even catch me... I'd flatten you. Guess that means I'm going to have to play princess just this once."

Dakari sighed dramatically, he wasn't so sure how Katsu would carry him down and not drop him or loose balance, but it seemed better than trying to jump into his arms from above.

He should have been more careful, but it was too late. The other had already noticed his breathe and now he felt terrible for reminding the other about it.

"It's not... And I... I think you're really brave. It doesn't make you disgusting, even if what it stands for is something unpleasant."

He was really trying to reassure the snow leopard it wasn't something to be ashamed about. But how could he even pretend when it made him feel sick inside? He didn't blame Katsu, but the childish part of him, the one that hadn't really grown up at all was disappointed. How could someone as perfect as him ever fall victim to this? It shouldn't have happened. Katsu should have killed him. But he didn't, no... couldn't.

"You don't have to hide it... I'm sorry."

The boy muttered as he boldly nuzzled his face further against his neck just to prove it wasn't gross to him. It seemed uncomfortable to be so close to a mark like this, and a part of him didn't even want to be near it. But the other side of him wanted to make Katsu feel better.

"I suppose you'll have to....But don't think that just because you're bigger than me, I couldn't catch you if I wanted to. I've proven to you time and time again that I'm stronger than you want to assume"

Katsu chuckled as he leaned further back against the rather comfortable bark behind him. Dakari would have to remind himself sooner or later that just because Katsu body type was on the leaner side of the scales, it didn't mean he wasn't immensely powerful. He had to be to be a Sentinel with a reputation like the one he held. So while catching Dakari might seem impossible to the Prince, it would probably be simple for the snow leopard.

"Brave..."

The Sentinel grunted the word out in a tone that was so far from agreeing or seeming positive at all.

"There was nothing brave about me when this mark was forced on me. I was young, stupid and full of idiotic confidence. I should have known better but my ego got in my way....so there was no bravery there, Princeling. Just stupidity at its finest"

While Katsu could be forgiving when he wanted to be, it was endlessly hard to forgive himself more than forgiving others. He had been concious of his actions and he had still gone through with them. He had known the dangers and had chosen to ignore the warnings of those older than him. It was only fitting he was paying for his actions now. He just wished Erai hadn't appeared again when Katsu had begun to realize the full affection he had for Dakari. The timing was terrible but Dakari would have found out one way or another.

"You have no need to apologize, Dakari. Your reaction is to be expected and I'm used to it. Kisame and I have learned to accept such reactions, there's no way around it. We made a mistake and now we're paying for it....it's only fitting we do so. Don't apologize and please don't feel pity or feel sorry for me....there's no point and you'd just be wasting your time, so don't force yourself, Princeling"

Katsu sighed softly against the boy's bold actions. Pressing a brief kiss against the side of Dakari's forehead, he offered the Prince the bottle of liquor again.

"Now don't worry about me and drink. This is your party and you're supposed to be having a good time...Don't make me get Kisame now".

"I know how strong you are first hand. Just makes me want to show you up even more. Maybe even I look up to you at times, well... figuratively these days~"

Dakari chuckled, but he could still remember so well when he was smaller how Katsu did seem like this towering force of cold. But yet it never seemed to deter him, in fact he had never been able to stay away.

"What are you saying...?"

The prince didn't even want to believe it. It couldn't have been entirely Katsu's fault that this had happened, but now he was telling him it was because of pride? That only made him feel more bitter, perhaps because deep down everything the snow leopard had said sounded just like how the hyena was now.

"I guess you're right..."

He replied a bit emotionless, trying to disconnect himself what he was really wanting to feel. Why should he be sorry after all if the elder said it was his mistake? They should have known better. This was their fault... And he wasn't going to be sorry. Even though actually it still hurt somewhere deep down that was shoved away.

This time when offered the alcohol he downed it all without hesitation. As if he were hoping to get drunk faster or just given up on holding himself back.

But not even the liquor warmed the hyena as much as the kiss did, even if it was just fleeting and on the side of his head it still had that same effect.

He sat back just slightly, holding the empty bottle in his hand loosely and smiling.

"... It would be really bad if I were to chuck this right? Just my damn luck it would shatter on our shark's head."

"Having goals is good...maybe one day you'll succeed in coming close to beating me....And shut up, I can still hand your ass to you, whether you're taller than me or not"

Katsu breathed out a puff of amused air. He wa as still a bit miffed that Dakari had outgrown him physically but he supposed that it was to be expected. His kind was larger than the snow leopard and many would say hyenas were deadlier as well. But that didn't account for the fact Katsu had been around for centuries and his element was unstoppable when fully unleashed. Perhaps one day Dakari would truly and honestly be able to defeat him in a spar, but Katsu didn't see that day coming anytime soon.

Not bothering to answer Dakari's question, Katsu simply took his last drink of the alcohol before passing the bottle to Dakari. Many argued that what had happened wasn't his fault. Nor was it Kisame's. That they had been young and vulnerable. That Erai and Akuhei had taken advantage of children and there had been no way either young child could have fought back successfully or escaped. Yet Katsu couldn't bring himself to believe them. He should have known better, both he and Kisame should have, but they had fallen into a trap made for oblivious idiots. It didn't matter how young they had been, they should have seen things coming from a mile away. They had just been too stupid.

Blinking out of his thoughts when Dakari spoke again after finishing the drink, Katsu didn't bother stopping the grin or the soft laugh that escaped him at the teenager's words. Our shark, huh. Seemed like Dakari had begun to accept Kisame into their little circle and Katsu couldn't help but truly be grateful for it.

"You could throw it if you wish, it's not a big deal. And if you happen to hit Kisame in the head, then you'd be putting him out of his misery. That or he'd hate you forever because it really looks like he's trying to get into that poor soldier's pants"

The snow leopard chuckled as he watched his beat friend trying to seemingly woo his dance partner. The soldier didn't seem put off by the attention of the Sentinel but Katsu had no idea exactly how coherent of his actions Kisame was. Heavens knew the man was more than just a little drunk if the flush on his face was anything to go by.

"... Really? I can't say I was expecting you to say that, but I'm not complaining."

Dakari chuckled, even if he had wanted to toss the bottle at Kisame it wouldn't work since the way he was clinging to Katsu made it hard to even see the ground. He was also actively avoiding looking down because if the snow leopard really thought he was scared he wasn't about to prove him right by having a panic attack.

"Should we go rescue the poor bastard?"

Dakari grinned, too bad he hated heights because being alone with Katsu seemed like such a rare thing to have achieved. And if Kisame was preoccupied... Well. But it seemed the prince still had a shred of integrity left. Besides, even if it was annoying how close they were, he understood their bond better now.

"It's a night for celebration and fun. I might as well encourage foolish behavior when it's somewhat appropriate"

Katsu smirked around his words as he cast his gaze back onto Dakari. The boy was clinging, there was no way to deny that yet it didn't awake the need for Katsu to squirm away. In fact, it just made Dakari seem all the more adorable for it. Smiling mischievously when Dakari suggested they go fetch Kisame, Katsu shrugged and straightened a bit on his perch.

"We might as well. What are friends for, after all. We can't very well let him make a mistake he'll probably regret later"

The snow leopard chuckled as he eased his arm around Dakari's back and pushed his other arm just slightly under Dakari's long legs. He had no doubt the boy would be frightened by his way of bringing them back to ground level but it made his next actions all the more worth it.

"Hold on tight" he murmured before simply pushing them off the branch and allowing himself to fall backwards towards the ground.

It was with feline grace that Katsu's body angled itself gracefully through the air, even with its added weight, and twisted around in order for the leopard to land perfectly on his feet below their previous resting place. Well....moderately perfectly. Huffing out a giggle, though he would deny it to his dying days, the Sentinel stumbled a half a step back when his sudden movements had the alcohol in his blood spiking up.

Lowering Dakari gently onto the ground, Katsu couldn't be bothered to stop the grin that lifted the corners of his lips as his tail twitched in amusement and his eyelids lowered heavily over slightly hazy blue eyes. At the moment, most things seemed rather laughable and while the feline still had some control of himself, he couldn't deny the bubbling amusement that was swelling up in him. Something that made his thought process foggy and movements not as sure as they would have been.

"Come on, let go get our shark before he digs himself deeper into his newly formed hole"

Katsu called over his shoulder as he began to walk away. Plucking a still rather full bottle of liquor from a heavily intoxicated and downed soldier, the snow leopard easily swept his way into the dancing crowd of soldiers and headed towards the scent of Kisame.

Dakari had got his death grip on the older male already locked in place, he was also squeezing his eyes shut. Too afraid to even look, they were falling for sure. He could feel the air whooshing past them but Katsu was still there and then... it stopped and he felt his legs touching the ground. He wobbled slightly as he pushed off of the snow leopard, looking like a drunk but actually he was just having a different rush.

"Never let me fucking do that again. You and your climbing up high trees bullshit."

He grinned, shaking off any remaining fear based adrenaline as he moved through the crowd with much less grace than Katsu and more just swaggering expecting everyone to move for him since he was royalty, but here that seemed to matter less. Especially when more than half were already drunk. Including the poor downed bastard who the snow leopard had conveniently stolen the liquor from. However he didn't spare it another glance since they were on a mission to 'save' Kisame from his own hormones.

"HEY GUPPY! HE DOESN'T WANT TO FUCK SO LEAVE IT ALONE, 'KAY? THOUGHT YOUR ASS WAS HIS."

He shouted towards the shark, nudging Katsu when he said the last sentence playfully.

"You could have just stayed on the ground like anyone else. No one told you to channel your inner monkey and climb my tree"

Katsu teased, brushing his hair over his shoulder as he started for the crowd. As slightly dizzy and light headed as he was feeling, he wasn't about to fall on his face anytime soon. Maybe with another few bottles of liquor, he might call it a night...but for now, he was still up for more drinking. That wasn't to say that his strides were as graceful as they normally were. There was a slight sway to his forward movement yet it didn't take him long to get close enough to Kisame and the male he was trying to charm.

Lifting the bottle to his lips to drink just as Dakari called out to Kisame, Katsu grumbled under his breath when Dakari shoved him playfully causing him to stumble a few steps away. Shooting the hyena a half hearted glare, Katsu barely had time to lower the bottle before Kisame was surging towards them the moment his attention had been captured.

"Damn straight my ass is his! He just refused to get out of that damn tree so we could get something started!" Kisame exclaimed cheerfully as he all but barreled into the snow leopard, wrapping his arms around the miffed feline's shoulders and rubbing his nose against the other Sentinel's throat.

Grunting at the impact, Katsu wrapped one slightly steadying arm around Kisame as the other kept a firm grip on the bottle. "You know, you're heavier than you already look to weigh" he sighed softly.

"Now that's just rude, frostbite. I finally have you where I want you and you call me fat. That hurts my feelings" Kisame pouted, nipping sharp teeth against the skin of the feline's throat.

Huffing out an amused laugh, despite the momentary discomfort of having the shark near his throat, Katsu turned his gaze on Dakari while asking "Now what? You got his attention successfully, what's your plan now? If you planned on having us bed each other, you're out of luck. For that, you should have let him continue to try with the soldier. Though if you truly insist on it, I could make an exception for you....Just say the word".

"All thanks to me that he came down from there, right Katsu?"

Dakari chuckled as he watched the pair, he was still incredibly jealous. But the more he knew about the two's relationship now he couldn't really be mad. They both went through a lot and learned to depend on each other. He couldn't take that away.

"You think I was trying to hook you two up? You guys are a great power couple and all, but you don't need to show off."

The prince teased, his grin barely even faltering. It really was something else, something that he would never probably even understand. Try as he might, everyone just seemed on a different level.

"I suppose so, though I would have eventually come down when all the shenanigans came to an end"

Katsu yawned out a response before exchanged a grin with Kisame at Dakari's answer. Letting the shark lean on him for a little while longer, Katsu ran his eyes up and down Dakari's grinning form while taking another drink from the bottle of liquor. Michief sparkled in his eyes even as he parted his lips to speak.

"We don't need to show off, huh? Then what would you rather us do? If you'd like, I could make people talk about you and I instead.....Now that would be quite amusing to make happen....But I'll play nice, for now.....Besides, Kisame? Is this not his party" Katsu asked, briefly running his fingers through the shark's long, pale colored hair.

"It definitely is....though he doesn't seem in the least bit drunk or enjoying himself as much as everyone else is" Kisame grumbled against Katsu.

"Then go dance with him and get him drunk....you're better at that side of things" Katsu replied rather cheerfully as he took a small step away from the shark and shoved him sharply towards Dakari.

The fact that Kisame was already beyond drunk didn't help him slow his momentum as this time, he was sent barreling towards Dakari. Katsu watched on with a small grin on his face before adding "Make sure he moves right with the music. A Prince must learn to adapt himself fo any situation. Dancing is one of those situations. Besides, I'm dying to see if he can dance properly".

Dakari caught the shark in his arms with a soft 'oof', Kisame had been saved. But then again he had been flung right towards a jealous hyena so once he was secured in his arms the prince squeezed him unnecessarily hard, and even began to rough house a bit. Pushing the other around although it was mostly in a playful manner since he was not stupid enough to truly challenge the shark in front of his icy boyfriend.

"I want you to take one fucking good look at this and tell me again if this is dancing~"

The younger man growled, his smile more of a grimace now. The fact of the matter was he didn't, no, couldn't dance. He just wasn't nimble on his feet at all, he wasn't clumsy exactly. But he sort just barreled his way through life and never took time to learn the finer things. The fact he had gotten away with it for this long had only been a silent achievement. Luckily his other lessons had taken up more time.

If the snow leopard could cry tears of blood, he probably would. Watching Dakari manhandling the drunk shark around was painful to watch and the fact that neither were bothering to move to the light music around them was nauseating. If either of them considered that dancing, then they both should be struck by lightning and dunk into the nearest cold river right after. They were an insult to anything considered charming or well coordinated. Though he couldn't fault Kisame due to his intoxicated status, he truly couldn't let this pass with Dakari..

"If I'm being honest, you both look like two monkeys going through a rather ridiculously failed mating performance.....That is by no means dancing, my eyes are burning just looking at you two. Truly, disgraceful can't even begin to describe it"

Katau sighed, resting his eyes on the barely coherent shark before rolling his eyes and shaking his head. Stepping forward, he hooked his fingers in the back of Kisame's shirt and sharply tugged him out of Dakari's hold. Slamming his bottle into the stumbling shark's chest, he exasperatedly looked at his best friend saying "Hold on to that for me. Do not drink it, and do not spill it. You've had enough to drink for everyone here. Just stand here and look pretty while I teach this brat how to bloody dance properly. If my bottle is empty when I return, I'll rip your throat out....with my teeth".

"Kinky.....Alright, Sentinel Katsu. You have my word that I'll protect you alcohol with my life" Kisame giggled, hiccuping after his words and grinning somewhat stupidly at the pair.

Rolling his eyes again despite not being able to stop a fond smile from appearing on his face, Katsu turned to address Dakari with an unimpressed raised brow and warmly amused smile.

"Which role would you prefer. Male or female? If you truly plan on someday wooing somene to your favor, it would be best you don't look like a one legged flamingo when you invite them to dance with you. Now, pick your preferred role for this dance and then follow me lead"

For an Alpha, Katsu had always been fairly flexible. At least when it came to dancing or training. However, he'd more than likely bash your face in if submitting was demanded of him in any other regard. Dakari might get off easy from time to time but everyone else would probably end up dead.

"Great! 'Cause that's totally what we were going for, right Guppy~ Just a couple of monkeys fucking around under the moonlight."

Dakari snickered, but his laughter was cut short by the death glare Katsu was shooting straight at him. Fine, if he didn't appreciate a good joke then fu-- HEY! Something just pulled his wrestling partner away and not he was clutching onto thin sir and nearly landed on his face but thankfully caught himself before humiliating himself.

"Don't fucking talk that way to fish bitch.... So disrespectful I should be the one disgraced."

After 'defending' Kisame he turned to the older male and grinned back at him.

"Male or fe-- Are you fucking kidding me? You're the one who's built like a girl... not me. So~ I think we know who's which."

That was hardly true and even Dakari didn't really think so, but if size in the animal kingdom meant anything in that males were larger then well... guess that gave the pudgy hyena an advantage over the lithe snow leopard.

Sighing as he listened to the shark laughing in the background, Katsu didn't even have to glance over his shoulder when a thump signified Kisame collapsing onto the ground. The fact that he didn't hear the sound of his bottle following was relieving and it worked to tell him that the shark more than likely was sitting down instead of sprawled out. It wasn't the best place for such actions, but he'd rather have Kisame relatively close where he could see him than stumbling around in drunk stupidity.

"Trust me, 'fish bitch', loves being spoken to in such a fashion. It makes him all hot and bothered inside. And as you can see, it makes him swoon as well"

Katsu breathed out, casting one amused glance back at his best friend. Honestly, he couldn't blame Kisame for wanting to forget the events earlier in the day and getting drunk.....but he tended to be a bit high maintenance when he got this far. Still, it made him all the more lovable for it. Besides, it was nice seeing him and Dakari have a good time.

Closing his eyes briefly to refrain from bashing Dakari over the head for his comment, Katsu shook his head before spearing the Prince with a challenging look as a grin lifted his lips.

"Though I think you've been hit one too many times on the head if you think that, I'll concede to your words for now. We'll just see how truly nauseating you preform the role of male dancer before you decide to give up"

He mused, wasting no time in stepping into Dakari space and grasping his hands. Placing one of the Prince's hands firmly on his waist, he kept hold of the other one and tugged Dakari closer if at all possible. If they were going to dance, they would do this the proper way, the way the others around them were. Not like some bumbling three legged squirrels that looked like they were having strokes. Flickering his gaze up at the Prince through long lashes, he shot the boy a challenging smirk while parting his lips to say:

"Well? Start moving. We'll see how well you can follow the rhythm of the music before I have to take over and save your ass from looking like your the victim of a spasm attack".

"And who's fault is that? Though taking advantage of his masochistic nature is kind of fucked up, yeah?"

Dakari teased, it was all in good fun as always. He couldn't judge Kisame and especially not Katsu for it. He still secretly thought they were both seriously cool, even if he didn't act very respectful towards the pair of sentinels.

"You just sit tight Sharky. Someone is too eager to make an idiot of themselves."

Even though in reality it was going to be the other way around. The hyena had no sense of rhyme or grace when it came to anything musically choreographed. But he was going to take the snow leopard along for a ride anyway. Bullshitting his way through dancing should be simple enough. The prince wouldn't manhandle Katsu the way he had with Kisame, but his movements were still more like wrestling. He just pulled the elder where he wanted them to go with no grace whatsoever.