How to Translate a Japanese game to English

Jin.

This is for Windows 7, and might be also for Windows vista, since they are the same for me.

Okay, I just wanted to post this thread since yesterday it worked on my PC,

Though it doesn't translate the game it self, it more copies the Hiragana and the Kanji words or other Japanese Unicode words and pastes it in Atlas V14, automatic it translates the Japanese Unicode to English. (There might be a lot of mistakes though, I noticed. But its better then totally NOT understanding, or LEARN japanese XD)

First set your PC as Japanese

Control Panel>Keyboard Language, and region>Region and Language>Administrative>Change System Locale>Japanese(Japan)

You have to reboot your PC, or else it still doesn't work yet xD

If you play the game now, you can see its Japanese! w00t. good work

Program you need are:

AGTH

ATLAS

ITH

Your BL game~

this thread does not freaking contain any downloads.

AGTH Guide

Okay, put a shortcut of your Japanese game on your desktop,

right click on the shortcut, and go to Properties and then you get a box, in the bar above of the box you should click on ''shortcut''

In "target" you have a url/link of the place your game in is, dont DELETE that url, just keep it, but the url/link of the game, has to be BEHIND the link/url you are going to add now.

You have to copy the url of where the agth.exe is,

e.g: c:\AGTH\agth.exe)I know, you'd get the yen symbol, dont worry, its the same as \

Be sure you have written "agth.exe" behind agth\ !!! Or else it doesn't work!!!

After you pasted that, you should put this " /c /x " (without apostrophes) with / !! instead of \ or the yen symbol

(Keep a separate space before you write /c

Same goes for the /x, keep a separate space.)

You should get something like this.

Properties.png

Then click on OK. Start the game (the shortcut on your desktop)

If you get something like: "lala agth.dll wont work" then you have to copy the agth.dll from the .rar file and paste it to the folder your agth is in.

Okay, now it should work. If you open the game again, on your desktop. you should get something like this:

222.png?t=1335099671

(Yeah, i love Tiger x Bunny. problem?

You can see that AGTH opens at the same time as your game opens, thats because you have put the url of agth in target. Does it make sense now? xD

You have two boxes there, one small broad box and one big broad box. in small broad box,

[ If they are both blank, you might have done something wrong in the url/link it has to be like this e.g - c:\AGTH\agth.exe /c /x "c:\The place of your Game\"

OR. you should try another agth.

in the small broad box there are different stuff like: OxO5343, One of those grabs the text,

2223.png

To translate this, you could use Google Translater OR Atlas 14.

ITH guide

Not every game supports AGTH, so there's another option i saw. (Youtube: AnGeeUshiromiya) thats why you should download ITH actually its pretty simple.

- Extract the RAR (If its in a rar)

- Open ITH

- Go to "Process"

process.png

- Search the game process (example: dmmd.exe)

hulp1.png

- Click on "attach"

- then OK

- Click once on your game so the text goes further

- you can see something changed in ITH, that something succeeded.

- Click on the little bar with loads of zero's 000000x000 and try every option, which translates the best. You choose that one (:

hulp2.png

- If you found the right one, copy it and ATLAS will translate it if its on the clipboard mode, it translates automatically for you or you can use another random translating program.

hulp3.pngYes, this is DRAMAtical Murder, this is the only game I have on my PC right now. So this is basically not a guide for only that game but for general all games in Japanese (:

ATLAS guide

Open atlas 14, and click on "QuickATLAS"

You get a green icon in your taskbar (next to your time and date)

Right click on the icon, and click on "Automatic clipboard Translation"

If you copy (ctrl+c) some few characters from agth, it immediately shows up in Quikatlas, and the translation is with it,

And if you play the game a little bit, Quikatlas does it automatic, translates every text.

2223-1.png

• Like 22

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jin.

• Hibarixbl

• chiakaiyuki

• [ ~Y U G A ~]

Thank you so much for the guide! :) This is actually very helpful since there are lots of people who have serious problems figuring out how to use AGTH. So, thanks a lot Hime!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the guide! :) This is actually very helpful since there are lots of people who have serious problems figuring out how to use AGTH. So, thanks a lot Hime!

Didn't knew that :3 but I am happy i can help out ;D you are very welcome Rei :3

xD I wrote alot huh..

Thank you as well! I was searching for a long time for such a tutorial! :leaf3:

I'm happy that it helped you TwT I hope without errors though. ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Right, heres my problem, cos of course the was one (stupid me).

When I paste the agth into the game properties, do all your steps, and press ok, this comes up

error.png

did I do anything wrong with the editing??

anth-1.png

Hmm... I don't actually see something that is wrong, its something from your documents. But you can try ITH too, since ITH is easier and works better ( in my opinion )

And Lamento doesn't work on AGTH, so you have to use ITH instead, cause Nitro+Chiral doesnt work with AGTH.

But I find translating the game Lamento quite annoying. It doesn't translate the sentence you see, it translates the whooolleee damnn story you will be going to see XD.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

hello i'm new here so i don't know how to translate jap games into eng..

but when i tried to click on the link that you gave it didn't work can you pls give me an alternative link to the ITH program for me to download?

above the lists of the programs that i needed, should i download them all? sorry for being so slow but pls. help me~ thankyou

It got deleted because ITH didn't get enough downloads to let the download live.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
(:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

what do you mean on step 9 "go to process" sorry if I sound like a retard XD, cuz I'm new at downloading bl games. I was lucky to be alive after just downloading 1 bl game (KUROSHITSUJI

I'm confuzzled do I use all the steps or do I skip to step 9.? (btw thank you so much for posting this thread, I was looking for a tutorial in google, poof I was directed here by the yaoi gods ;)

@Hibarixbl: Before you post anything else further anywhere here in the forum, I STRONGLY recommend that you create an avatar ASAP or else your posts will be deleted.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hey Yoji... XD

I can't reupload the AGTH pack, also I don't have it anymore and nor I don't have my laptop back yet. You can download ATLAS on fujitsu's site but thats an trial,

Hey Yoji... XD

I can't reupload the AGTH pack, also I don't have it anymore and nor I don't have my laptop back yet. You can download ATLAS on fujitsu's site but thats an trial,

Hi. I'm sure the person concerned would appreciate your response very much because I on the other hand do not have interest in playing or downloading any games for that matter. I prefer to read. :)

I was talking to the other xD haha, I felt saying hello for coming in my secret world. You have any good mangas to recommend?

I was talking to the other xD haha, I felt saying hello for coming in my secret world. You have any good mangas to recommend?

I believe I have made a few reviews and listed some recommended titles at the Manga Talk thread. :)