Two Sides of the Same Coin (JR and Sosuke 0549)

JR_TheRandomFan

Listening to what the man said he would chuckle at the mention of all the guests he would get. But he did take to mind what he said. From what he could guess Kazuto didn’t want to talk to much about himself. Could be the loner angle,could be something else. But he wouldn’t pry much further.

“I could see you being a host. I bet you get all the girls.”

“Now that had to be the worst idea ever thought of” he chuckled as he easily untangled a big knot of lights.” I would be the worst host. The biggest waste of money would be for my time.”

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JR_TheRandomFan

• Sosuke0549

Kazuto shrugged, finishing his lights. "I don't know. I wouldn't say your wasting my time." He winked, getting up on his feets. "Alright let's get these freaking lights on..." He plugged in the lights, making sure they worked, and began circling the tree. "You know...I never realized how tedious this was...I mean...its fun..I guess...in a weird sort of way..." Growing up Kazuto's family never decorated there house for Christmas. It was always done for them, the lights, the tree, the cooking. It was hard to be close with his family if they never did anything.

"Give me your lights, I'll finish it up so you can start putting the ornaments on. Be sure there are no gaps or empty spaces otherwise Asuna will have a cow."

"I heard my name! Got something smart to say Kazuto!"

Asuna shouted from the other side of the room. He jumped not expecting her to hear his comment.

"No ma'am.." He muttered. He turned to Shinji frowning. "Holy crap! She has the ears of a bat!" He whispered.

It couldn’t be said that Shinji wasn’t taken aback by what Kazuto said. It was flattering,making that feeling come back to him. He would push it back slightly, sighing silently under his breath.”Wouldn’t even happen, not in a million years.” He would take to his feet along with the older man to start putting the lights on the tree. With the comment of the process being tedious he would chuckle to himself.” Well that’s the family process with decorating for the holidays. Makes time fly when you’re just enjoying company with those you’re close to.” Shinji wouldn’t speal for a moment, looking back to those memories of when he stayed with his family,before it all turned on him. The young blond was snapped out of his thoughts by Kazuto asking for his lights.

“Give me your lights. I’ll finish it up so can start putting the ornaments on. Be sure there are no gaps or empty spaces,otherwise Asuna will have a cow.”

Shinji could only laugh at the immediate reaction and Kazuto being caught.” Serves you right,smartass” he whispered back before moving towards a box of ornaments.” I’ve forgotten how fun this can be. It really has been too long...”

Kazuto rolled his eyes, and quickly finished putting on the lights. He glanced at Shinji before reaching into a box and began pulling out ornaments. It didn't take them long to finish decorating the tree.

When there task was complete Asuna assigned them others, until hours passed and the entire club was completely decorated. "Uuggh that took forever!!"

"Good job boys~ and with two hours to kill before opening. "

"Yayyy" Kazuto said dryly. "...more work..."

" Shut up Kazuto...Thank you Shinji for helping out. I truly appreciate it. "

Kazuto sighed softly, pulling out his phone and checking the time. "Hey...since I gotta work soon I'm gonna grab some food...Shinji...you wanna come?"

"Hmm...Alright fine. But you better be back on time for your clients. "

"uh huh."

"I'm serious Kazuto!"

"Okay! Okay...geez. Take a joke. "

He turned to the blond, ready to leave. " You coming or what?"

Shinji couldn’t remember a time where he felt so relaxed with another person. It was nice simply do a task and let time fly by. Once they were finished he would look over their work in awe. The place really did look ready for the season. With Asuna thanking him for his help the blond simply smiled,feeling a bit proud for his work.”It was oddly a pleasure. I wouldn’t mind helping out again. Felt great really.” When asked if he would want to grab food with him Shinji glanced over the man before grabbing his jacket.” Uh...Yeah,I wouldn’t mind at all. I really could eat.”

"Alright then lets hurry, apparently I'm on a time limit.." He smirked as he grabbed his jacket and headed out of the club first, but he held the door open for Shinji, being a gentleman. "I guess I'll pay for you, consider it as a reward for decorating the club." He slipped his hands into his pockets filling the chill of December. "I hear its suppose to snow soon, not that I pay attention to the weather or anything...What are you in the mood for? I'm kinda feeling ramen but its up to you...I don't really care were we eat."

Kazuto was a little rough around the edges but ultimately he was a good person. He had a sense of humor, and could be charming when he wanted to be. His cocky attutitte was alluring and his looks were just the tip of the iceberg. He was mysterious, and seemed to affect everyone he came in contact with. "Hey...are you spacing out on me? Pick a place already, I'm frezzing!"

Walking out with the older man gave Shinji some time to think. Sure he was listening to Kazuto but at the same time was trying his best not to pay to much to the man either. Those feelings coming to him again. Why would it come to this? It's just not possible to act on such an action. Too young, too old, barely knows him. It would simply be a disaster waiting to happen. The only thing that would even snap him out of it was in fact Kazuto." Huh? Oh, uh...I wouldn't mind some ramen really...Eh,sorry for not talking much...I really have a lot to think about...After today."

Kazuto shrugged, his head low. "Its fine...I get it." He said softly, giving the other a gentle smile. "Ramen it is.."

He lead the other to a very small ramen shop and ordered two bowls of ramen, finding a table for two so he could sit and wait with Shinji. "...So...what highschool do you go too? I'm guessing its Kokusai or Fuchu high school since both are so close..." Kazuto was good a carrying conversations, and since he knew Shinji was a little down, he was trying help distract him. By uncovering things about the younger male, he not only learned about Shinji, he also avoided talking about himself. As well as making Shinji feel somewhat special since he was uncovering so much about him.

Kazuto wasn't blind. He knew the other was developing a crush on him... So he needed to somehow shatter it. It was better for both of them if they didn't like each other. "Ah I see. Who knew you were so interesting pipesqueak~ " He smirked, just as the food arrived. He was quick to dig in, starving. "And your parents? I'm guessing they either don't care what you do, or you don't have any."

It felt good to know that Kazuto understood what he was going through, felt good that he didn't need to put on any fronts as to what he was really feeling. Once they ordered and found a table Shinji would try to answer just what the older man asked him." From where I am, Kokusai is closer, so I go there. Not a bad place really...Wouldn't really believe, but I'm an alright student...Can't just settle back, y'know?"

Shinji couldn't remember a time where he was happy to see food come, but when that bowl was set in front of him he dug in, though not as fast as Kazuto. But when asked about his parents the blond would sigh before settling back." Oh I have parents,well...a dad. He and I didn't see eye to eye so I stayed in this city while he moved away. Set up a place for me and pays for the basics...I do part time at convinience store to make sure I don't starve."

• 3 weeks later...

As Kazuto listened he continued to eat, letting the boy finish, slurping down a tone of noodles. He sighed a little, setting down his now empty bowl. "Sounds a lot like me. Guess you and I are two peas in a pod.." He took a few sips of his drink, before glancing down at his watch.

"Life can suck sometimes, but as I keep living, I've come to realize it sucks a little less if you got someone else to help share the suckyness. " He laughed a little. "So...I guess we are friends now, prepare to have your life suck a little bit less." He smirked, pulling out his wallet and setting some money on the table...

After a few minutes he spoke again, this time his tone serious and sincere. " No, but uh...in all honesty life can get hard...and its even harder trying to do it all by yourself...so uh...all mushyness aside... If you need someone to talk too..a friend or a flirtatious host/ bar tender...I'm here...Asuna too...she loves helping the less fortunate." He smiled a little before slowly getting up from his chair. " Alright well, I gotta go back to work before Asuna has a cow so...I'll see ya around pipesqueak. " He winked. "Stay out of trouble. "

• 3 months later...

Shinji wouldn't expect that the older man to conciser him wanting to hang around him, to waste his time with his problems. But to hear Kazuto was then a friend made his cheeks heat up a little. It would be nice to have someone to talk to every now and again. If nothing too serious came about it, at least he would have a friend at the end of it. As the meal ended Shinji would hang back as the older man began to leave, hanging on the words that were said.

"I'll see ya around pipesqueak...Stay out if trouble."

"Right...I will. See you Kazuto." Shinji would leave soon after the older man, taking his words to mind." I guess I have a friend now...Who would even guess?"

[2 years later]

Another school day had finally ended and Shinji was feeling rather good. Another afternoon helping out at the club.Lending a Asuna a hand for almost a year, the job paid much better than any other that he had. And he was glad to know the people there. Kazuto was a true help and did shape up to be a good friend, giving him a hand with all that he was figuring out.He only wondered how the crowd would be that night. He soon would find himself going into the side entrance, finding a place to change into his uniform.

Kazuto sighed under his breath as he prepared to open up the bar. He knew that tonight was going to be long and the turn out big. Friday night's were always busy for them.

"Hey Kazuto when you done with the bar, would you mind giving me a hand over here?"

"Yeah!" He shouted back. He quickly left the bar, heading to the back to grab some alcohol when he saw Shinji. He was honestly surprised when Asuna hired him, but... He was actually a good addition to the team. At first he thought Shinji shouldn't be a host...he wasn't really gay and he was new, but it didn't take him long become quite popular at the club.

He stopped, greeting him. "Hey. I didn't know you worked today. I kind of got my hands full- you mind giving Ken a hand with the chairs and setting up the tables?"

It had been two years...and threw out that time the two grew closer. Kazuto actually considered Shinji a friend and had already lost count of the times they hung out together but even so...he still didn't know everything about him. "How many clients do you have lined up today?"

Glancing over the voice calling out to him Shinji gave Kazuto a small smile as he slipped on his shirt." Yeah, I'm on it. I'm not staying too late tonight. But I do have my work cut out for me. Almost full on clients." Once he was fully dressed Shinji would do as he was asked and began setting up chairs and tables."Well what about you bigshot? Any ammo for Eric to chuck at ya?"

• 2 weeks later...

Kazuto still wasn't sure about Shinji taking clients. It was Asuna's idea and even though he was old enough and good with people, Kazuto couldn't help but feel...a little protective of him. He'd much rather have him work the bar or clean vs pleasing clients.

."Well what about you bigshot? Any ammo for Eric to chuck at ya?"[/Quote]

He smirked. "Always. Is he still hitting on you? So help me god I'll kick his ass again.." He joked. Eric had been hitting on Shinji ever since he became legal and started working at the club.

He fell silent for a brief moment before speaking again, this time serious. "Hey Shinji...Your not..into Eric are you? I'm not trying to be nosy I just...n-never mind. " Why was he asking that? And even if Shinji liked him it was none of his business. He sighed softly, turning to leave.

Shinji was a setting up the last table when Kazuto asked about Eric. He couldn't help but to snicker at the last attempt their dear Prince on him." Yep. I have to say, that man is either persistent or very stubborn. Really doesn't seem he'll give up." As the blond man made his way towards the bar he felt taken aback on what Kazuto asked him next. So much so that he had to wait a second before he could reply.

"Hey Shinji..You're not..into Eric are you? I'm not trying to be nosy,I just...n-never mind."

Shinji would go after Kazuto and hold his shoulder." Kazuto listen, as I've been going through...my shit, I know there are things that I'm not very sure of, even now. But I do know one thing, I'm not into the Prince. He's...fine. I can see why guests like him so much, but he..doesn't fit too well for me. I know that you worry for me, and I thank you for doing so, but as far as I know the Prince and I doesn't click."

- - - Updated - - -

Shinji was a setting up the last table when Kazuto asked about Eric. He couldn't help but to snicker at the last attempt their dear Prince on him." Yep. I have to say, that man is either persistent or very stubborn. Really doesn't seem he'll give up." As the blond man made his way towards the bar he felt taken aback on what Kazuto asked him next. So much so that he had to wait a second before he could reply.

"Hey Shinji..You're not..into Eric are you? I'm not trying to be nosy,I just...n-never mind."

Shinji would go after Kazuto and hold his shoulder." Kazuto listen, as I've been going through...my shit, I know there are things that I'm not very sure of, even now. But I do know one thing, I'm not into the Prince. He's...fine. I can see why guests like him so much, but he..doesn't fit too well for me. I know that you worry for me, and I thank you for doing so, but as far as I know the Prince and I doesn't click."

Kazuto fell silent hearing Shinji explain himself and how he didn't feel anything toward Eric. He simply nodded, "Yeah..ok. " He gave him a quick smile before heading back to the bar. As he did his opening ruins he couldn't help but notice his gaze wondering over to Shinji more often these days. I'm just...worried about him...that's all...come to think of it...he's grown up a lot since the day I met him...boy did he have a mouth on him...he's gotten better now....and to think he's a host.

The club was soon opened for business and today they were busier then normal. Eric approached the bar with a order. "Four shots and Twisted Martini. "

" On it..." He muttered, already retrieving some shot glasses to fill. "Working the bar again? It seems your more of a bartender now than a actual host."

"So..." Eric sighed softly, he gestured over to Shinji who was currently with a client. "Oh how they grow up so fast...he gets more requests than you." Kaztro rolled his eyes, handing the man a tray with his drinks on it. "Here are your drinks..now get out of my face. " Eric smirked, quickly taking his tray and leaving.

Kazuto sighed softly, wondering why he was more cautious and aware of Shinji these days. They were friends yes...but..."Hey Kaztuo. Need a beer and a Bloody Mary stat. "

"On it." As the night progressed , Kaztro still found himself glazing at Shinji. Taking notice of his clients and how friendly he was being. One of them was even making sexual advances toward him. Trying to kiss his neck and grab his butt. Seeing that...irked him a little. I'm sure he can handle it... He thought. But he couldn't help but wonder if he was liking it?

With the night being much more packed than expected Shinji had his work cut out for him. As he had been doing this hosting thing for a year there are things that he could never really get use to. The very first is the fact that people are lining up to spend time with him. As he got to used to hiding it the surprise of being picked was still there. The next thing was his clientele. Some are fine, only wanting a bit of chat, others wanting something he wasn't really going to do. And tonight would be no exception. With a few trying their advances, and him glancing them off as he learned to do. With one client especially touchy Shinji would bat the hand away and give a stern glare."Look, don't touch pal. You don't want me to kick you out personally do you?"

"Ah- your such a tease~" He frowned, taking a step closer to him. "I bet its because your a virgin. Haha- don't worry Shinji- I'll take real good care of you~" The guy was clearly drunk. He suddenly backed the brunette in a corner, his hand groping Shinji roughly.

"You know you want it- why else be a host if your not spreading your legs like a slut~" He covered his mouth so he couldn't yell, whispering in his ear. "How about we get out of here~"

"Back off. " Kazuto glared as he yanked Shinji's client off of him.

"What the fuck!"

"I think you've had a little too much to drink tonight sir. I suggest you leave. " He said threw gritted teeth.

"Tch. " He glanced back at Shinji biting his lip before turning back to Kazuto again. "This is bull shit. He was coming on to me. Your gonna kick me out because your host is a fucking slut. "

Kazuto rolled his eyes, and suddenly pushed the man towards the door. "Get out...say one more word about him...and I'll fucking deck you in the face. "

"Fine! Fucking bull shit!!! Fuck this place and your stupid hosts. Shinji would of sucked any--"WAM!!!

Before the guy could finish his sentence Kazuto punched him so hard in the face that he actually knocked him out. The bystanders in the club gasped as Ichijo quickly ran to there now,unconious client side, worried. "Kazuto! What the hell were you thinking!"

"He deserved it. "

"He wasn't a threat! For God sakes he was leaving!!!"

"Kazuto...my office...now! Ichijo. Help him up and make sure you get him to the hospital. He might have a concussion. And please...try to talk him out of sueing us. " Kazuto rolled his eyes, before followed Asuna into her office. He didn't regret what he did...but...he was a little confused as to why he did it. He defiantly crossed the line...He could very well lose his job- and for what? Because a drunk was bad mouthing Shinji? Why did he care? They were friends yes but...punching a guy out was something...a overprotective boyfriend would do.

"You wanna explain yourself ? Why the hell did you do that?!"

"I...I don't know...it just...kind of happened. "

"Knocking a guy out doesn't just happen Kazuto! He was leaving! You had no right! He could take this to the police and press charges on you. Say you assaulted him! And for What?! It wouldn't take the police long to find out who you really are!"

Kazuto sighed softly, hanging his head. She was right...

"I'm sorry ok...."

"Oh no- I'm not the one you need to apologize too! Its that man out there laying on my floor! Gosh Kazuto...I didn't need this......I'm putting you on a leave of absence until I figure out what to do about this. "

"Unpaid?"

"What do you think?"

"Come on Asuna. Suspend me for all I care, but I need money. Working here barely pays my rent. "

"I'm sorry- but I can't have you working here right now. Your a liability and you just put me in hot water over this bull shit....so pick up your things and go. I'll let you know when you can come back....Your lucky I'm not firing your ass. "

"....Fine..."

With this certain client Shinji could only roll his eyes. Too drunk and just too brash,nothing that he couldn't handle on his own. That was what he figured until he found himself being backed into a corner.

"You know you want it- why else be a host if your not spreading your legs like a slut~"

The harsh groping and clamped hand at his mouth. He was frozen. The situation was something he wasn't sure on how to do. Either he would get taken out of that place or knocked out and lead to so much worse. But before he could think his client was pulled off of him by...Kazuto. Breathing deeply Shinji tried his damnest to calm himself down. His eyes didn't leave his former client as he was being taken out. What happened next was even more of a surprise. Kazuto pinched the hell out of his client for badmouthing him. Shinji slightly reveled in that solid hit, for he did deserve it, but the trouble Kazuto was in couldn't be hidden. As Asuna took Kazuto away Shinji would shakily find himself and the bar, with his head in his hand." Shot of vodka, please....I really need it."

Kazuto walked out of Asuna's office and quickly headed to the back to grab his things. When he emerged from the locker room he glanced around trying to find Shinji. He stopped one of his co-workers.

"Hey- have you seen Shinji?"

"Yeah- he's at the bar. "

"...Thanks." He walked threw the crowd of people and just like he was told, he found Shinji drinking by himself.

It was odd...Kazuto felt like he deserved a thank from him...some sort of praise for stopping that man from harassing him but...Shinji didn't even defend him when he was reprimanded for helping him. Did he even care? He just risked his job for him? He bit his lip as he slowly approached him, not making eye-contact.

"There a reason why your drinking?" He asked softly. "Your still technically on the clock. " He smirked a little, joking with him. He fell silent for a moment before sighing softly,"I won't be around for a while...bosses orders...Are you...doing ok?"

Shinji couldn't look at Kazuto when he came to him. He felt helpless. Freezing like he did... just didn't sit well with the man. He just felt horrible. And he only knew that it would only get worse.

"I won't be around for a while...Boss' orders...Are you...doing ok?"

The only thing he could do was gulp down the rest of his vodka before turning to Kazuto, wiping a tear from his eye." I don't think freezing like some scared kid counts as okay...Kazuto, thank you for doing what you did,and I'm sorry for...getting you in trouble. What is wrong with me...? Why didn't I fight back?"He slammed his fist on the table before covering his eyes with his hands."Kazuto...I'm honestly sorry...I need to talk to Asuna..I think I'm going to take a break from this..."

• 2 weeks later...

Kazuto froze a little when he realized that Shinji was crying. Did what happen really bother him that much? He said nothing as the other spoke to him, thanking him and starting to think something was wrong with him since he froze. "Hey...don't mention it. Stuff like this happens sometimes ...and nothing is wrong with you...you just...didn't know how to respond. " He shrugged. He's really upset...I don't think I've ever seen him like this before.

"Kazuto...I'm honestly sorry...I need to talk to Asuna..I think I'm going to take a break from this..."[/Quote]

"Stop apogozing....and why? So you had one drunk guy hit on you...don't let it get to you Shinji. Sexual harassment is part of being a host. You just gotta shrug it off and next time...stand your ground. " He ruffled up his hair, smiling softly. "And hey...I don't regret punching that guy...I bet he'll never disrespect you like that again~" He pulled away slowly, his eyes glancing at the time. "I gotta go... Not really suppose to be here...but...if What happened tonight is still bugging you, you can crash at my place tonight...if you want...See ya around pipesqueak. " He winked at him before turning to leave and exiting out of the club.

• 4 months later...

Being left there did give Shinji could only shake him head before ordering himself one last drink. “It shouldn’t be normal to have this happen. I don’t understand. He says to shrug it off, and yet I don’t know if I can. It was already hard enough to admit being gay in the first place, but it makes it even worse when something like THIS happens to me. What the hell do I do? What can I even say?” The blond would nurse his drink for a moment, staring down at it before pushing it aside and standing up. He would begin making his way towards Asuna’s office. Knocking on the door he would wait before pushing himself in.” Uh, hey Asuna. I hope I’m not interrupting anything. I need to talk to you, if that’s alright.”