Forever Searching (seme, seke, uke)

Rumpleteaser

This is going to be my "forever searching" thread rather than making a new one every time I have an idea or craving. Keep checking back for updates and look back at old posts for ideas I might have had along the way. So, I have one idea that I really want to do called "The Time Before" but I am open to others too. I've put the idea under a spoiler because it's a bit hefty.

EDIT: Fuck! This is so long! I am so sorry. OTZ You don't have to read all this. I don't know. I'm going to make a second post with the important dot points. If you don't want to read this post, look at the second one.

About me:

I've been roleplaying since 2005. My first character was a werewolf called Serigala who was off on a quest as part of her initiation. I started hetero then turned to yaoi after I met a friend who was obsessed with it. We roleplayed for several years until she had a divine awakening.

I write at least four paragraphs of five lines each, so 20 lines as a rough minimum. I mirror and can write up to three pages if the roleplay calls for it. I use Australian English, which is like British English rather than American English. At the risk of sounding like I have a rod up my arse, I write at university level... at least I think I do. I make typos from time to time, which frustrates the hell out of me because it's usually too late to fix them. That said, I will not judge you for how well you write. So long as I can understand it and you give me enough to work with, I'm happy. I prefer if you give me at least four paragraphs but I understand writer's block happens to all of us.

Now, if you do get writer's block or need to leave the roleplay for any reason, please tell me. Even if we stop the roleplay for a few months, I'm happy to go back to it. I'll probably message you a few times before letting go. On the other hand, if I get writer's block or need a break, I will always let you know. If something does happen and I can't continue for a while, I will get back to you when I am up to roleplaying again. Roleplays can always be moved out of the graveyard and continued. Hopefully this doesn't happen.

I'm in GMT+10 or AEST, which is the east coast of Australia. I'm currently online weekdays from 12pm to 7pm approximately. My partner gets home between 7pm and 10pm so I log off to spend time with her.

I can roleplay over threads, Discord, Skype or possibly emails if you convince me. I prefer threads though. I don't do PMs or IMs because there's no real history.

I play seme, seke, uke, top and bottom. I like to mix things up. I tend to play individuals rather than clear-cut sexual roles. None of my characters are the same. It gets boring to play the same typical sadistic seme all the time. I've got enough of them so don't ask for a sadistic seme. That said, I do like dark themes like abuse, rape and abduction. It's not the only thing I like though. Hot, steamy romance is fun too. I love adventure, action, drama, tension, time periods and excitement. Slice-of-life and realistic fiction are so dull! Please don't ask for this genre.

I play multiple characters. I can double, create NPCs and NJCs. Our main characters won't be the only people in the roleplay. They're not the only ones in the universe. You may have to play NPCs and NJCs too so if you can only play one character, I'm probably not the player for you. We don't have to double unless you ask for it.

I like heaps of kinks - too many to list. I can get very kinky. I have very few limits but will respect yours. Tell me what you want, what you don't want and what you refuse and I'll make sure to adhere to them. My only limits are children, characters with the mind of a child, newly hatched characters, characters with child-state amnesia, high school students or anything like that. I want to roleplay adult characters with adult players. I also don't like pathetic, angsty ukes or adorable, kawaii ukes. I like characters to have a bit of spark to them. I like them to be believable too.

My only other rules are no canon characters unless they are NPCs, don't puppet my characters and don't kill them without permission. Injuries are fine. Basically how I roleplay interaction, such as fighting, is that I'll write how my character attacks yours then you'll write whether the attack hit or missed then how much damage it did. It makes it easier than saying things like "he reached out and tried to kiss him" all the time and it isn't god modding. That way, you can say your character cut off my character's arm then I can either say he pulled away or he wasn't strong enough to resist.

I tend to be an aggressive roleplayer. That doesn't mean I'll boss you around, beat the shit out of your character or take control of them. Aggressive roleplayers are the ones who tend to build the setting and plot where passive roleplayers tend to follow along. I like a bit of give and take. Please add to the story as much as you can. Please give me something to work with. Please use your imagination.

I like to talk OOC, that means IM, VM and PMs. I like to make friends with my fellow roleplayers. If you prefer to keep some distance between us, that's cool. Let me know and I'll keep quiet, otherwise you won't be able to shut me up!

Hmm... What else do you want to know? I'm an open book. Ask me anything you like. I don't bite. I'll even tell you my favourite yaoi sex position if you ask nicely. Send me a message if you want a sample or have a look at any of the threads I'm in. I have a

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
here to make it easier for you.

Questions for you:

If you don't have any ideas and don't like any of mine, here are a few questions to get us started...

• What time period or level of technology are you interested in?
  • What pairing are you interested in? (E.g. seme/seme, seme/uke, switch/uke or undefined)
  • Will our world have gods, magic, mythological creatures, other worlds, aliens, the force or anything like that?
  • How much plot vrs smut do you want? (E.g. 40% plot, 60% smut or 40/60)
  • What are your current kinks and cravings?
  • How do you like your smut? (E.g. cute, cuddly, hard, rough or abusive)
  • How long are your posts?
  • What are your limits?

The Time Before:

This is a futuristic roleplay set just before humans and computers wipe out most of the known world. It has supernatural abilities but no gods, aliens, mythical beings or magic.

It was the time before. Everybody knew it, everybody felt it. "Before what?" you might ask. Something was going to happen, the world was going to change forever or perhaps even end but there was little anyone could do about it - not now. It was too late to stop what the world powers and the people who made them up had set in motion. The suspense had been building up for decades as important figures began to disappear, research facilities were destroyed and the arms race reached its peak. No one person was to blame, the problem was far more complicated than that. Everybody was to blame, from the everyday consumers of processed food to the researchers trying to make the world a better place to the arms dealers who sold the weapons to the world powers who stockpiled genetically altered creatures in cryogenic facilities, missiles capable reducing entire cities to rubble lined craters and aerosol drones full of microbial agents of warfare. The entire system was flawed by human intervention. So long as humanity existed, so long as they continued to dream of a better future yet continue to look over their shoulders for the knife in their back, the threat of self-destruction would be ever present.

Each of the five great world powers were paranoid of the others, and even of the lesser world powers who really were no threat unless they finally banded together to form a sixth world power. Differences of opinion would never see that happen though. Their cultures were too varied and there were far too many misunderstandings throughout history. Perhaps it was these misunderstandings and differences of opinion that had lead to such paranoia. War had not broken out yet but the sense of calm had been fractured. Skirmishes broke out at borders, spies trickled to and fro like water beneath the Earth's crust and notable influential figures were being taken hostage and interrogated throughout each of the continents. It is only a matter of time before one of the world powers and someone hits the button in retaliation.

When the button of war is pushed, it will bring about an age of cataclysm.

Humans are too smart for their own good. They all compete to be the best, to be the most formidable opponent whilst playing the innocent bystander. None want to be the one to push the button and start a war that could destroy the world but it is only a matter of time before someone goes too far. With so many biological, microbial, nuclear and projectile weapons stockpiled around the world and even as far away as the moon, the threat of war brings foretells a dark future indeed. Yet war is looming. It is only a matter of time.

However, people pretend not to notice, trusting in the governments of the world or at least frightened enough to keep their mouth shut. They see but do not look. To them, the everyday world goes on as bright and new as ever. It's sleek, functional and impersonal. Everything comes in colours of white, glass, taup, silver and turquoise, the colours they consider "modern". Everything has a place and everything stays in its place. People are free, or at least believe they are free, but the environment they've built around themselves is almost stiflingly rigid. Nature itself is bent to their whims, whether it be oceans, mountains or animals grown in factories. Everything is built bigger than big to accommodate an explosion of populations that can live until 115 to 120 years old.

Alongside these modern humans are people with supernatural abilities, powers of the mind to create mental probes. Some are able to send a healing probe into the body of another person, some can receive and transmit thoughts over various distances using these probes. Others can nudge matter or probe technology. There are also those who can use their probes to tamper with the thoughts, memories or even emotions of other people. Some people can even use their probes on animals instead of humans. It all depends on their type of probe and what types of probes they can combine. A with powers of the mind can have up to even four different abilities and use them all at once. For example, a person who can transmit thoughts over long distances and control thoughts can control thoughts over long distances. A person who can attune their emotional probe to animals can stop a rabid dog from attacking.

So little is known about these new abilities in humans, and possibly animals too. I could perhaps be due to rising levels of radiation, a natural progression of humankind, the advancement of health services or even the additives in food causing mutations. The research into this area is still considered a fringe science. It is newly discovered and technology is only now catching up in order to run tests on human and animal subjects. People are encouraged to come forth and get themselves tested in the mobile clinics throughout the five major continents. It is seen more as a curiousity for the rich and those who believe themselves special than anything to take seriously. There have been suggestions as to how to these powers would best facilitate humankind and weaponisation has been suggested but for now the scientists running the tests are more interested to find out how they work than how they can be applied.

There were eight different types of probes, which could be combined to make composite probes. Skills come into play when people learn to pick up more transmissions, weaker transmissions and are able to filter transmissions. The person usually has to create a shield around their mind to keep from receiving constant chatter. How far the probe can extend depends on how strong the person’s ability is (meters to hundreds of kilometres).

At their lowest levels the probe remains inside the person and picks up on transmissions from the world around them without exerting any effort. It takes no energy and very little ability to do this. They are just picking up at what comes to them from nearby. As it takes no energy and remains in the mind itself, these types of probes are very hard for the government and other organisations to pick up on.

Higher level probes stretch out from the mind like a long thread of silk. They gently penetrate their surroundings, usually without anyone knowing. Only those who are mind-sensitive can pick up on a probe touching them. They are easier for the government to pick up than lower level probes, however, as they extend outside the person rather than just picking up what comes their way.

The highest level of probe stretches out from the mind as a fan or a circle rather than a thread. They can spread over vast areas and pick up on everything in their midst. Like someone looking at an object amongst a scene, it is possible to hone and search within the view. It is very dangerous to do this as it is easy to pick up on and anyone who is mind sensitive might notice it. There are other dangers out there than the government to watch out for.

The easiest type of probe to understand is a telepathic probe. It is the ability to communicate into the mind of another person. Telepaths can attach a probe to another person’s mind but cannot enter it. They can transmit and receive voices, images, sounds, thoughts, awareness and sometimes smells to the outer limits of a person’s mind. A person can communicate with a telepath by thinking something or picturing it in their conscious mind.

Mind readers enter the minds of others’ and can siphon through the levels of consciousness to read memories, thoughts, dreams and sometimes senses. They can delve deep into another person’s mind but they can’t change it. They can read messages inside someone’s thoughts but cannot communicate back like a telepath can. Two mind readers can communicate by thinking and letting the other pick up on those thoughts.

Coercers are not only able to enter the mind but control it and change it too. They can change memories, create links between memories, set up new memories or add messages to memories. They can also work on thoughts, senses and dreams like mind readers too. The difference between a mind reader and a coercer is the ability to manipulate what they read.

Empathy is the ability to receive and transmit emotions. It is very much like coercion but works only on emotions. Empaths are able to radiate emotions, read various levels of emotions and control emotions.

Telekines are able to reach out to an object and manipulate it. They can turn it, lift it and change the shape of fluids. They use the probe to hold it in their grasp and move it. It is a difficult ability to master because it takes more energy to move a physical object than to simply use a probe.

Animal telepathy is exactly like human telepathy but it connects with the mind of an animal instead. Animals have different ways of thinking to humans and their minds are built differently so normal telepaths cannot use animal telepathy and vice versa. This is a skill that takes a lot of practice as there are lots of different animals with lots of different ways of thinking. Sometimes it can be stressful or even painful to connect with a type of mind that humans aren’t compatible with, such as reptiles. The more domesticated the animal and the more contact the animal has had with humans, the easier it is to communicate with.

Technopathy is the ability to communicate with and control technology through thought alone. It is a probe like any other probe but it works intricately with electrical devices. Technopathy is often linked with telekinesis to manipulate other human endeavours too.

Healers use their probes search the physical body and find sites of damage or disease. Healing can work in two ways. The healer can delve into the person’s body, absorb the damage and treat it within themselves or they can exert healing energy on the person’s own body. As well as healing, they can also create damage to the body, though not disease (only the symptoms of disease but not the microbe).

Die Synode von Mitternacht:

This is another setting. It's dark-ish (true neutral), modern to futuristic fantasy. It could be set during the Reformation if you want to.

It was the time of the Reformation, as humans called it. Those who were not human called it the Great Discovery, for that was when their presence was established. Between 1480 and 1750AD humans turned from being the hunted to the hunter. They turned on the mythological beings they had forever worshipped and feared and drove them deep into their hiding places in the forests, mountains and oceans. Tens of thousands of innocent humans were slaughtered and even more mythological beings. No “unnatural” creature was spared. It was genocide.

Only those who could pass as human were able to trick humans into assimilating. Only they could move freely across the lands. The others had to seek refuge in what humans called uninhabitable, such as the Ural Mountains in Russia. There, their numbers dwindled but they managed to survive.

It has been roughly 270 years since the end of the Great Discovery and the collective memory of humans is short. The presence of the banished creatures is no longer believed. Humans have forgotten to fear these creatures.

At the base of the Ural Mountains there is a mining city called Inta. The world takes no notice of Inta. It is so isolated that the closest neighbouring city is two days away. Here, the beings that were once chased to the brink of extinction have made their playpen. People are afraid to go into the national forest and the locals pray every night in whispered voices. Nobody goes out at night unarmed or alone. The people of Verkh, a small village near Inta, don't even do that! Those who have friends in Inta often stay the night in town.

Some of the people, the braver, stupider and more adventurous, have set up cameras wherever they hope to catch a creature out. They walk around at night with camera in hand and speak about what's happening. There are dozens of such clip across youtube but the media and the world have yet to catch on and little government interest so far. There is only a small garrison of professionals have been set up in a safe house in Inta. Perhaps they will do better at investigating the disappearances, haunts and attacks the townspeople speak of.

It was only last week when a troupe of gypsies made their home in the field amongst the city's streets. Their tents were huddled together and a bonfire was lit through the night. They were not the only ones in the camp either. With them they brought wild stories and the last dozen survivors from Verkh, which had been wiped out by horrors no person could imagine. The gypsies told their stories with wide eyes, and the survivors walked amongst them with even wider ones. The survivors knew. They’d seen what happened but would not speak of the horrific scenes they had witnessed.

Current situation

The year is 2020AD, and we mythical beings of Die Synode von Mitternacht (the Council of Midnight) are chafing at the constraints of our hiding places. The Ural mountains is no place for those who once ruled the lands across the Old World. We build our farms beneath the cover of forests and our cities within the bones of the mountains. We move through the night looking for prey in such a way that does not get us noticed. This is not how we were supposed to live. We were not created to hide from those lesser beings: the humans.

Alas, humans have grown too large and too strong for us to take the world back from them. They are like ants: everywhere. Instead, we wait. We still have much longer for our numbers to build up. Time, at least, is one thing on our side. Our lives are long where theirs are short and we have the longer memories. We will remember every injustice they acted upon us and we will have our vengeance... one day.

One day we will have our due desserts.

For now, we must wait and hold the younger, less wise of us in check. They wish to bring the Old world upon the world now. They go about calling themselves the Unseelie. They claw at the edges of society, taking out their natural aggressions with wisdom unheeded. They let themselves be caught on cameras, trick humans and drive them from their villages. They want to instil fear upon the humans but did not feel what it was like to be slaughtered like mere animals. Many of them do not even know what the Unseelie Court was. It is up to us, the elders, to clean up the messes and stop the humans from catching us and bringing upon us a second Great Discovery.

Not all of us must remain in hiding though. The lucky ones who can appear human often choose to assimilate into human culture. They are able to walk freely throughout the world and study these modern people. They have made their way into every walk of human life. They go to universities, they take up human jobs and they give us information. Most importantly, they give us human technology.

Much of our human-made technology is hand-me-downs from humans. We get second hand computers, less powerful guns and anything the humans would not take any notice of. They would notice if one of our spies took a collection of military grade guns so we make do with what we can. Much of it has to go through quarantine before we can even get it to our city. Many of us cannot be near iron so these weapons and artefacts can only be kept in certain areas. Such places are designed within the bowls of our great city, which surpasses all that humans have achieved in their history.

Our city is built and maintained by the elementals: gnomes, undines, sylphs and salamanders. Those who choose to stay hidden within our city are given riches of their choice in exchange for their help. The gnomes create and repair the grand architectural halls and houses fit for the gods that we are. The undines, with their watery prowess, carve away at the sides of our waterways and pump fresh spring water through underground rivers for our replenishment. The sylphs of air scout through the daytime air to make sure no human trickery goes unnoticed. They move through our halls and bring with them fresh air for those who need it. Without them, many of our breathers would perish. Last come the salamanders, they incinerate everything we need destroyed, whether it be garbage, human tricks and anything that satellites could pick up as fey.

Scamper

One of the greatest problems our kind met, when we were forced underground by the "lessers", was getting resources for our inventors, crafters, and other artisans. It could take a decade for a craftsman to get a good supple of rare materials. Aside from the gnomes, most of our peoples creative tendencies were shafted because of the humans. However, that is soon becoming a problem of our past. In the last fifteen to twenty years, when are kind was finally able to get access to computers and such, many of our young were spurred into learning about something that provided anonymity as well as access to the human world. Something that allowed others to study their habits, as well as see how arrogant the humans had become. Much to our surprise, a young Goblin became enthralled by what the humans called the "internet." The little fellow never left the place and when the Goblin's caretakers tried to pry the child off, it'd throw tantrum shouting about; "how they are hindering progress," or something along those lines.

The Goblin elders deemed that the little Goblin child was right, though it'd take five years for it to perfect what it was working. The child kept everyone in the dark, but when the Goblin demanded an audience with us, we decided to see what the tantrums were about...since such actions are unacceptable in the community. What the little Goblin showed us, came to be our newest asset. It's hard to explain to a lot of the older creatures, and only most of the young that are "glued" to a computer could really understand the technical details, but the young Goblin...essentially created it's own version of the internet. While not initially as advanced as the human equivalent, it has certainly grown in the last ten to fifteen years. Despite the rather nebulous gift the Goblin created for our people, a specific sever has became the most frequented. A site dedicated to getting resources, that were incredibly hard to go several decades.

Need a rare type of gem or mineral that can be easily found in the human world? Post a request about it on Scamper, list what you'll give in thanks or trade for acquiring it, and a humanoid creature might just be intrigued enough to fulfill the request. Of course, such a boon does not come without responsibilities. If someone wants access to it, they'll either have to go to a communal area within the city and patiently wait for their turn...Or, if they're humanoid and would like to try their hand at couriering, then they'll have to prove their loyalty, wait for a year or two to be processed, before they are allowed access to Scamper. This is done out of two reasons. One; such a thing could reveal our entire existence to humans if a humanoid left the browser up. Two; it's also made to keep the community strong and re-enforce reliance upon each other. A majority of our kind, tend to have isolationist habits...which might've been fine before the Great Discovery, such beliefs are more hazardous to us now. Especially considering the Unseelie's recent activity at Verkh, which has moved us into making the monitoring of Scamper even tighter.

The Slave Trade

The slave trade is completely legal over Scamper and in the rest of the Hidden Societies. Unlike human slavery, which tends to focus on race, any species, race and social cast can become a slave. While there is tension between some species, it has nothing to do with slavery. If someone buys a slave of a race they hate, it is considered a personal hatred rather than a social hatred.

There are different types of slaves based on what can and cannot be done to them. Some are as simple as a bond loan while others are as heavy as bloodbound slaves. For example, a bond loan slave must not endure any lasting damage and must be returned at the end of the loan while a bloodbound slave must accept any punishment their master dishes out and they are expected to serve their master until death.

The American Migrations I and II

Between 1820 and 1930, there came a flush of immigrants from Great Britain, Europe and Russia. With it came the first flush of mythological people since the witch trials at Salem. It was by far not the largest migration but it is considered the first mass migration of mythological species.

As the United States of America became more powerful, more varied, more rebellious and inevitably more hysterical, it became a place where "strange" was a relative term rather than a definite. There were so many weird American humans that even vampires could walk about the streets at night without anyone bothering to stare. Rock, goth, punk and hippy culture from the 1950s to 1990s lead the way for all sorts of creatures to wander around feely. Nerd, otaku and popular culture of the 2000 to 2020s made it acceptable to actively rebel against previously upheld social norms.

It was at the turn of the millennium that the Hidden Societies began building new cities beneath the capitals of America and Canada. The New York Underground became the cultural and economic centre for these new colonies. Once the New York Underground was set up, other existing Hidden Societies and various species groups (such as vampires) sent out ambassadors to form a new government below New York.

The New York Underground. It was a place of sewers, subways and something more...

Deep beneath the streets, the trains and the high-rise buildings was an entirely different city. The whole island was packed with activity. It was so like the city above, it never slept. Who would care about the hour of day when there was no day or night? Only the 24 hour cycle of the glowing Lady Liberatus Obelisk ruled the hours of the day. Up the towering carved obelisk's four sides glowed four sets of writing: Seelie, English, Latin and Chinese. At the top described the current Georgean USET, Georgean GMT and Seelie UTC. Below that was the date for each of the three-time scales, followed by the temperature above and below ground. The rest of the obelisk contained calculations and writing that were forever changing, very important but rarely used. Only astronomers, seismologists, climatologists and other professionals were actually interested in what was on the Lady Liberatus Obelisk but they no doubt had other ways of gathering their information.

Across from the Main Cavern (MC) was the entrance to the Green Light District (GLC), also known as the market cavern. It was a grand, arching cavern to rival the MC. There were no pillars but the sides of the magic-made cave were carved with scenes from the world above, the way the world used to be and the way the world ought to be. Anything that had made its way over from Europe could be found here. There was everything the sophisticated New York Undergrounder could possibly need, want or otherwise conceive. There was also plenty available for the unrefined rabble too. Day and night the cavern was packed with shops, stalls, services and people. The New York Underground never slept.

The Green Light cavern was surrounded in all directions by smaller, adjunct caves. These caves were for niche markets such as the live flesh trade, restaurants, cultural markets and the like. The two biggest of these caves were the Red Light Area (RLA) and Black Light Area (BLA). Where the RLA was a typical red light district full of legal brothels, sex clubs, registered prostitutes and a fair few pimps, the BLA was much worse. It was the scene of American Hidden Society's own black-market. It was an area where most law enforcement turned a blind eye. There were brothels, sex clubs, pimps and whores but they contained the types of people most people would not want to bump into. There were no paid prostitutes here, only sex slaves. This was a place for "specialist" kinks, sex slaves with no names and the thriving flesh trade. Customers could rent out or even buy practically any race or species they wanted here.

The Carnival of Mirrors:

This is a circus type roleplay but involves the whole carnival instead of just one circus tent. It can be any time period really. There is magic but may or may not have mythological creatures.

You there, yes you!

Your stockings are wrinkled and do I detect the stench of unbrushed teeth? You're supposed to be a world class circus performer, not a hideous morning-after surprise. Get going! The show is about to start. And by God help me if I see your stocking slouching again. I'll have you on pack-up and mucking-out duty for longer than you can hold that fake smile plastered across your face.

Performers, really! You can't take your eyes off them.

Ahem. Where was I?

Ah yes, welcome to the Carnival of Mirrors. Be amazed at our Maze of Mirrors, quake in fear of our haunted Bus of Horrors and taste tantalising treats down Appetising Alley.

I should be telling you that the circus is surrounded by towering walls, which are painted in carnival themes and posters of our performers and stalls. As they pass through the giant doors they must make their way through the Hall of Mirrors before venturing onto the Common Grounds, where they will see the latest in roving performers. From there they may peruse our Appetising Alley or Games and Souvenirs Walkway. In the centre of the grounds is the Big Top, sided by the Sideshow Street where they may see our freaks, oddities and the Smaller Stage.

You didn't come to me for that, did you? You're far more important than a mere punter. Oh no, no no no. I'm going to tell you what really happens in the Carnival of Mirrors.

The truth is, I don't control the circus. The circus controls me. It talks to me through a mirror I hide in my van. It isn't a fancy mirror. Any old mirror would do but when I look upon my face, it speaks to me, it threatens me, it entices me to push my men and women beyond the barriers of reality. Together, we make the Carnival of Mirrors what it is.

I'm not a bad man, I'm just a man forced by situation to look like a bad man. I'm really quite the coward when it comes to the circus and its... persona. I only act angry because it makes them respect me, makes them think it's me urging them to perform. They cannot know the truth of the circus or how I'm bound to it. It must never be known.

Each and every one of us is bound to the circus for as long as my family has been in this business. The story goes that my Grandpappy, four generations skipped, died of leukaemia. It was horrid. The man fought with death for many months, sending orders to his son until finally, one day, he was met with Death. The man refused to sip from Death's cup, tricking the entity by binding himself to the circus. So long as the man is bound to the circus he cannot die. Instead, he grows in power with every new town, every performance and every new building acquired by us. He won't let us go, he won't let us be and for the most part, we don't want him to.

The circus is kind to us. It helps us hide our disfigurements. It makes us the best we can be. It gives us a place to belong, a family as it were. It finds us places to perform. It brings in money for food and gives us a roofs over our heads. Many of our members go happy and unaware that anything untoward is happening. They enjoy their time in the circus. The only time it gets mad is when we disobey its desires.

Then it gets cruel.

If any one of my crew or performers dare escape, refuse to perform or break the mirror through which it speaks to me it gets angry. Things start to happen to the culprit. They get injured, their powers revert on them, people revile them, fear stirs in their heart, something - anything - draws them back in supplication. Alas, the Carnival of Mirrors is a master of manipulation. It knows how to make the others blame me - and I let them.

I do not dare tell anyone but you my secrets. The performers don't know, the backstage crew don't know and the punters don't know. The new recruits don't even get that. They are not allowed to speak to my crew until they have agreed to join, then the circus takes control of their lives. Sure, they may go about their lives oblivious but it still ensnares them with it's greedy genius.

Sometimes I wonder - though I'd never tell - perhaps it's time for us all to leave the circus to meet Death once more.

The Last Continent on Earth:

This is a sci-fi or sci-fantasy setting based entirely in our solar system. There can be fantasy creatures but no aliens or other worlds. Technology hasn't progressed that far yet.

The year is 2337AD, or 145AE (Anno Exodus).

It's been 145 years since the Earth was deemed too ravaged to sustain human life. Solar radiation, nuclear wastelands, ultra-high temperatures and oceans engulfing the land, these were all things nature evolved to withstand but we did not. We chose to adapt our environment more and more rather than let Mother Nature change who we were as humans. Finally, we could no longer bare the forces we fought against, the forces we had put in motion. In one week, eight billion people took to the skies in a mass exodus.

We fled. We fled on any vessel strong enough to escape the Earth's orbit, bound for the only colonies capable of sustaining such large numbers. These colonies were on Mars, Space Station Omega and the Moon. Only twelve-million people chose to remain on the last inhabitable continent on Earth, Antarctica, and the small "bubble communities" pocketed in havens throughout the globe. Many of the bubble communities did not last a decade.

And so, humans are split into five groups: the Martians of the Mars, the Populi Luna of the Moon, the Citizens of Space Station Omega (which currently orbits Mars), the Polarii of the Polar Region and sixteen autonomous bubble communities in the Southern Ocean.

For many decades, a peace reigned throughout the five nations. Each had its wares to trade; each was able to support its growing community. It is a shame this peace did not last. Negotiations between the Citizens of Space Station Omega (SSΩ) and the other groups became tense. SSΩ had reached its holding capacity and the Polarii did not appreciate being turned to for immigration. The Citizens were known not only for their superior cybernetics but for their criminals. Constricted living arrangements meant coupled with the rise in human modification meant that they considered unadulterated humans to be "unevolved" and even looked to them for spare parts. As such, a roaring cybernetics hack trade burst forth. Cybernetic hacks₂ were blackmarket specialists in replacements, enhancements and implants. They take organs, limbs and cybernetics from living or recently dead bodies without a care to who the person may be. It is for this reason the Polar Region closed its borders to anyone born on or coming from SSΩ.

Taking the Polarii's actions as a threat of war, the Citizens sent a pre-emptive attack to the largest agricultural centre on Earth. The attack wiped out nearly half of the Polar Region's food supply, thus decimating the nation's main source of trade. They had enough to last until the ground could be rehabilitated and the food regrown but in the meantime they had very little to export. The government's credit (the universal currency) has reduced by half, making it hard for them to build on their military. To make matters worse, the Citizens joined forces with their closest allies and neighbours, the Martians. Though the Martians have yet to engage in the war, the foreboding of their attack is ever real to the Polari.

Radiodurans (see image) is the capital city of the Polar Region, a place where 60% of the Polarii live. Unlike the Martian capital city, Radiodurans does not have distinct districts. Instead, it is a spread of intermingling shops, government buildings, apartment blocks and everything else important to the Polarii lifestyle. The only buildings that are grouped together in some sort of order are the military buildings, which can be found on the Prime Meridian side of the city. Being on the South Pole means the Polarii use polar coordinates rather than the conventional north, south, east and west. Northward to them is going towards the Polar Border and beyond while southward is going to the approximate centre of their homeland. The four chief directions for polar coordinates are 0゚ (Prime Meridian), 90゚, 180゚ and 270゚.

Within a month of turning ten years old, all children in the Births and Deaths Registry undergo a series of tests run by the government. These tests are designed to identify what a child is most interested in and what is their best course of training. Those who are offered a place in the military undertake an accelerated educational program. At age fourteen, the top twenty per cent in each birth month are implanted with a cybernetic headband that induces technopathy. Upon completion of a practical education program, they are able to control most space vessels, communicate with others with headsets and access information by thought alone.

After graduating from the Polar Region Military Academy (PRMA), the young soldiers are given twin-shared apartments in the Radiodurans Enlisted Barracks (REB). Both these buildings are part of the Radiodurans Military Complex, which is made up of six buildings: the military academy, the barracks, the research facility, the main building, the military factory and the general purpose building (to be expanded). It is in these six buildings that this thread is based.

PLACES

PRMA: A large, dome shaped building where recruits are tested, trained, taught and housed. They are allowed to request leave or visits to the general purpose building. The bottom layers are for recruit housing, eating and general life. Next comes classrooms, practice laboratories and training rooms, then the artificial simulation rooms. Finally comes the large dome, which acts as a massive gymnasium, student observatory and anything else that requires a massive space. The dome can even open up and be used as a landing site for student demonstrations and space vessel operating practice.

REB: A multistory building where the enlisted soldiers live. The outside of the building is a vertical garden, much like the style of many buildings in the Polar Region. It and the other vertical gardens in the military complex grow 40-50% of the inhabitants fruit and vegetable requirements. Each apartment has three to four bedrooms, a study, a kitchenette, a tiny bathroom and a living area. The couch in the living area folds out in case a guest is requested.

Sir Walter Binovera Research Facility: This is where new technologies are created and tested before being implemented by the military. This building works in partnership with Radiodurans University, the second largest university in the city.

The Polar Region Military Block (PRMB): This is the man building, where the soldiers work and undergo any extra training. The administration takes up the bottom seven levels and the rest of the building is for military operations. It too has a dome but it is much taller than the academy building, thus getting less light interference.

The Military Factory: This is where all vessels and large equipment are built and stored. It is composed of many hangers that open on the sides of the building and factory floors on the lower levels.

General Purpose Block: This building contains a hospital, vertical gardens, officer's living quarters, brasserie (where they actually have good food), general supplies and anything else the soldiers may need to live. The officer's living quarters are either two bedroom or one bedroom apartments. This is the only building where civilians are allowed, though there is a ton of paperwork to go through for them to come in. The officer's children are allowed to live in the General Purpose Block but they must be supervised when not in their apartment.

Aurora Australis: The biggest shopping mall close to the military base. It has every kind of store imaginable and even two cinemas: a flat screen and a 20625 steradian one (3D and hemisphere). It is named after the Southern Lights, which can be seen throughout the Polar Region. Recruits and enlisted soldiers need to file a request before leaving the military complex. This is just background information; you don't actually have to send a request to me.

INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS

The Martians have offered their aid to the Citizens, seeing it as an investment in recolonisation of Earth. So far their aid has come in the form of finances, raw metals and food supplies. They have not yet attacked the Polarii because they are far more concerned with sustainably inhabiting Mars and expanding their colonies across the planet. They are also more concerned with upgrading their border security in preparation for the possibility of going to war.

SSΩ is over-packed and the Citizens are unable to grow enough food to sustain their population. They have to rely on imports from the other nations, which means pumping out as much cybernetics as possible. Mass producing quality exports is hard work for an overcrowded space ship. There's increasing crime and they need a way out. They believe the Polarii's ban on immigration is unfair, as it judges the entire nation by the actions of the few. The Polarii are being greedy and not allowing immigration. SSΩ is down to its last resort: war.

The Populi Luna resolutely remain neutral. Unfortunately, this does not mean they are unaffected. There is a lot of tension on the Moon because people fear that Mars and SSΩ will attack them if the attacks on the Polar Region fail. After all, they and the Polarii have the longest standing infrastructure. Both places were colonised before the Exodus and have the most successful agricultural efforts. SSΩ could easily use the Moon as a stepping stone to the Polar Region. Despite this, the Populi Luna are neutral and have no intention to sway their neutrality. They do not send aid or assist either side, they do not have secret agencies set up to help either side and they do not attend war negotiations. Why, you may ask? Being neutral means they are able to trade freely with either side. It means the possibility of invasion by the Citizens is neither inevitable nor imminent. This said, it is not impossible that sympathetic merchants or support groups help one side or the other. They do this beyond the knowledge of the government or law enforcement and any person or group doing so is given a slap on the wrist for endangering the nation's safety.

The bubble communities cannot live without trade with the Polar Region. They don't have the technology to leave the Earth's atmosphere without the Polarii and often send convoys to and from the Polar Region for aid. They do not have the political or monetary power to defend themselves from human attack. Already rumours have reached the Polarii that the Citizens have taken control of a few communities.

TECHNOLOGY

• Cyborg: anything controlled by a biological central nervous system and has cybernetic adaptations. This includes animals.
  • Unadulterated human: a human without implants (as opposed to grafts). They are also known as "naturals".
  • Animal derived biological implants: animal organs grown in situ to have the cell membrane and surface antigens of the recipient. They are a safer way to accept animal organs than by organ transplants, which require immunosupressant drugs.
  • Cell culture derived grafts: human organ grafts specifically designed to be universal or specific to the recipient. They negate the need for immunosupressant drugs.
  • Induced technopathy: a cybernetic enhancement that allows organisms with central nervous systems to directly communicate with and control technology. The implant responsible acts as part of the sensory and somatic nervous systems. It sends and receives signals between other devices. These devices are often gated and encoded for security and privacy reasons.

The Winter Tree:

This is a historical fantasy setting in which there is a magical tree that has healing properties in the middle of the town. It is protected by enlightened, white animals. It can be set when the tree is born or when it is dying.

200 years ago...

It was the whitest of winters. The wind stung, the snow swirled and the air forced its way into even the most protected of nests. No creature was safe from the icey deluge. It blew into burrow and bough alike, freezing all life where it quivered. Anything left standing was entombed in a sheath of snow.

Even the ancient mausoleum, crumbling with age, could not bare the sting of the wind and the bite of the cold. Its once fine pillars groaned and creeked in protest to the thrashing given by the ice and the wind and the cold. Finally, with one last roar of crashing stones, it gave itself to the wind. There, it rested, its royal heart crushed by the weight of the load.

And yet a tiny sapling - bleached white with cold - dared raise its noble crown for one grasping move towards the frozen sky.

For many years the Winter Tree grew where the mausoleum once stood. Moss grew and grasses covered the ruins. The other trees drew back, creating a vast plain land that lacked all but wildlife. Nothing remained of the old world but the uneven ground, which the roots twisted and grew around, holding the soil in place.

Steadily, the winters grew milder and the lands became habitable once again. Birds, reptiles, beasts and all manner of creature ventured warily into the Tree's domain. In the dead of winter, when no other plant dared share its life, the Tree unfurled its white leaves and offered up the most dazzling, silvery fruit. As the fruit split and dropped its pale nuts to the earth, the creatures ventured out from their burrows, pulled by a dire need to be near the Tree.

The creatures gnawed at the nuts of the tree and birds took the silver husks way back to the safety of the forests. Those that hunted prey ate the mice and voles that sat between the Tree's exposed roots. All those who feasted upon the Winter Tree's bounty became large, and bold, and wily. They were the most noble of creatures and their pelts were drained white as stigmata of their feast.

That spring, a motley caravan of peoples came passing by and rested their steeds by the roots of the Tree. Though neither their steeds nor they were stained by the Tree, they felt rejuvenated, nourished, whole. How surprised they were by the Tree's virtues!

The news soon spread of the marvellous Winter Tree and stories of its powers became known across the lands. People came and were awed by the white creatures and the miracles they saw. Even a sanctuary was built atop the ruins of the old world, in honour of the Winter Tree and soon a thriving town was centred by its beauty.

Last came the scholars and wizards. Drawn by the power of the Tree, they craved to know how such a thing could come to pass and from where it drew its energy. In their findings they became aware that the Tree was in fact sentient, drawing life from the air, the other trees and from the earth itself. What passed from the Tree was in fact a small part of its very spirit.

Alas, that was many years ago. No longer does the Tree bear fruit through the winter. No longer do the leaves cure the ill. No longer do the plains flourish with bountiful crops. No longer do people and their animal companions feel assured of their lives through mild winters. In winter the place is icey, inhospitable and hostile, as are the creatures that once supped upon the Tree's feast. They stir at the edges of the ever-encroaching forest, sneaking out late at night and attacking when the townsfolk seem at their weakest. To the people, it would seem as though the once wily beasts had become wicked, for many a family have known the bite of their tooth and claw.

And so, on the equinox of autumn, the people have decided they can no longer let the issue lay rest. They must act. They have called a Santuary meeting to decide the fate of the Winter Tree. To take up arms against the wicked beasts in order to appease the Tree, to flee the land they have loved for generations, or to quest out the cause of the ill and pray they will survive the winter.

List of character suggestions:

This is a bit messy because it's a copypasta from GaiaOnline. I haven't updated it in ages but I like to use it as a tool to get ideas for possible pairings. I'll try to get it updated a bit before I submit this post. Read through it and see if anything sparks your eye. Feel free to cross genres.

❤ - Will do smut

✚ - Might do smut

✖ - Won't do smut

MODERN REALISTIC

Twisted character ✚ Normal character

Friend ❤ Brother ❤ Step-brother ❤ Uncle ❤ Father ❤ Cousin ❤ Newlywed ❤ Mail order husband ❤ Fiancee ❤ Father-of-the-bride ❤ Twin ❤ Half-brother

Underbelly (eg. hitman, pit fighter, pimp, killer, kidnapper, outlaw, fugitive, brother owner, slaver, thief, criminal, trafficker, loan shark, harem dancer, bartender, bounty hunter) ❤

Roomie ❤ Renter ❤ Realtor ❤ Landlord ❤ Body corporate ❤ Moocher ❤ Maintenance ❤ Homeless ❤ Boarder ❤ Stray

Inpatient ✚ Doctor ✚ Friend ✚ Family ✚ Volunteer ✚ Carer ✚ Disabled ✚ Technician ✚ Intern ✚ Nurse ✚ Orderly ✚ Outpatient ✚ Case worker ✚ Mentally ill ✚ Terminally ill ✚ Other

FANTASY

Punter ❤ Circus freak ❤ Circus performer ❤ Ring leader ❤ Stall holder ❤ Medic ❤ Freak ❤ Lion tamer ❤ Carni ❤ Other

Mythological species (eg. naga, elf, drow, intulo, dragon, sprite, shapeshifter, neko, spirit, ghoul, nyx) ❤ Re-envisioned species ❤ Original species

Human ❤ Monster ❤ Furry ❤ Feral ❤ Hybrid

Familiar ✚ Companion ✚ Enlightened animal ✚ Mount ✚ Rider ✚ Human to animal ✚ Animal to human

Werewolf ❤ Human ❤ Vampire ❤ Undead ❤ Slayer ❤ Hunter ❤ Reaper ❤ Other

Director ❤ Case officer ❤ Assassin ❤ Spy ❤ Target ❤ Collateral ❤ Civilian

Nomad ❤ Explorer ❤ Native ❤ Hermit ❤ Savage ❤ Mutant ❤ Vagabond Treasure hunter ❤ Bounty hunter ❤ Head hunter ❤ Outlander ❤ Borderlander ❤ Amazon ❤ Outsider ❤ Raised by animals ❤ Lost ❤ Stranded ❤ Newcomer ❤ City dweller ❤ Countryfolk

Terrestrial ❤ Extraterrestrial ❤ Subterrestrial ❤ Aquatic ❤ Subaquatic

Royalty ❤ Lord ❤ Knight ❤ Duchess ❤ Warrior ❤ Champion ❤ Knight in training ❤ Councillor ❤ Dragon rider ❤ Baron ❤ Bondlord ❤ Landlord ❤ Overlord ❤ Warlord ❤ Overseer ❤ Minister ❤ Lady

Soldier ❤ Footman ❤ Soldier in training ❤ Retainer ❤ Vassal ❤ Messenger ❤ Maid ❤ Butler ❤ Servant ❤ Mistress ❤ Matron ❤ Pageboy ❤ Bondsman ❤ Familial servant ❤ Lady in waiting ❤ Manservant ❤ Cotter ❤ Concubine

Merchant ❤ Farmer ❤ Rich man ❤ Hunter ❤ Gatherer ❤ Archer ❤ Craftsman ❤ Tradesman ❤ Fisherman ❤ Shopkeep ❤ Mason ❤ Builder ❤ Musician ❤ Groupie

Slave ❤ Beggar ❤ Whore ❤ Pick pocket ❤ Street rat ❤ Urchin ❤ Orphan ❤ Poor woman ❤ Peasant ❤ Plebeian ❤ Serf ❤ Chattel ❤ Peon ❤ Debt slave ❤ Villein ❤ Familial lending

Jongleur ❤ Troubadour ❤ Trobairitz ❤ Minstrel ❤ Jester ❤ Artist ❤ Gypsy ❤ Fortune teller ❤ Dancer ❤ Performer ❤ Ballerina ❤ Poet ❤ Bard ❤ Playwright ❤ Muse ❤ Actor

Predator ❤ Prey ❤ Pet ❤ Owner ❤ Exhibit ❤ Keeper

Monk ❤ Priest ❤ Nun ❤ Preacher ❤ High priestess ❤ Eunuch ❤ Paladin ❤ Oracle ❤ Templar ❤ Shaman ❤ Lay man ❤ Parishioner

Wizard ❤ Apprentice ❤ Journeyman ❤ Sorcerers ❤ High arch wizard ❤ Mage ❤ Witch ❤ Seer ❤ Alchemist ❤ Witch doctor ❤ Shaman ❤ Druid ❤ Archivist ❤ Sooth seeker

Elemental ❤ Magical ❤ Unholy ❤ Divine ❤ Alchemical ❤ Technological ❤ Mechanical ❤ Cybernetic

God ❤ Demigod ❤ Anti-god ❤ Mortal ❤ Angel ❤ Demon ❤ Fallen angel ❤ Risen demon

Sky pirate ❤ Land pirate ❤ Ocean pirate ❤ Privateer ❤ Landlubber

Navy ❤ Air force ❤ Special service ❤ Army ❤ Target ❤ Citizen ❤ Militia ❤ Illegal ❤ Prisoner ❤ Medic ❤ Militia

Shogun ❤ Daimyo ❤ Samurai ❤ Ninja ❤ Ronin ❤ Shinigami ❤ Villager

Gangster ❤ Mobster ❤ Mafia ❤ Rebel ❤ Militant ❤ Freedom fighter ❤ Revolutionist ❤ Protester ❤ Other

Inter-dimensional traveler (e.g. space traveler, time traveler, realm traveler, parallel universe traveler) ❤

MODERN FANTASY

Punter ❤ Circus freak ❤ Circus performer ❤ Ring leader ❤ Stall holder ❤ Medic ❤ Freak ❤ Pan handler ❤ Lion tamer ❤ Carni

Mythological species (eg. naga, elf, drow, intulo, dragon, sprite, shapeshifter, neko, spirit, ghoul, nyx) ❤ Re-envisioned species ❤ Original species

Familiar ✚ Companion ✚ Enlightened animal ✚ Mount ✚ Rider ✚ Human to animal ✚ Animal to human

Human ❤ Monster ❤ Furry ❤ Hybrid ❤ Cyborg ❤ Robot ❤ Mecha ❤ Spliced ❤ Android ❤ Borg

Werewolf ❤ Human ❤ Vampire ❤ Undead ❤ Slayer ❤ Hunter ❤ Reaper ❤ Other (needs a good plot)

Director ❤ Case officer ❤ Assassin ❤ Spy ❤ Target ❤ Collateral ❤ Civilian

Nomad ❤ Explorer ❤ Native ❤ Hermit ❤ Savage ❤ Mutant ❤ Vagabond ❤ Treasure hunter ❤ Bounty hunter ❤ Head hunter ❤ Outlander ❤ Borderlander ❤ Outsider

Royalty ❤ Lord ❤ Knight ❤ Duchess ❤ Warrior ❤ Champion ❤ Knight in training ❤ Councillor ❤ Dragon rider ❤ Baron ❤ Bondlord ❤ Landlord ❤ Overlord ❤ Warlord ❤ Overseer ❤ Minister ❤ Lady

Soldier ❤ Footman ❤ Soldier in training ❤ Retainer ❤ Vassal ❤ Messenger ❤ Maid ❤ Butler ❤ Servant ❤ Mistress ❤ Matron ❤ Pageboy ❤ Bondsman ❤ Familial servant ❤ Lady in waiting ❤ Manservant ❤ Cotter ❤ Concubine

Merchant ❤ Farmer ❤ Rich man ❤ Hunter ❤ Gatherer ❤ Archer ❤ Craftsman ❤ Tradesman ❤ Fisherman ❤ Shopkeep ❤ Builder

Slave ❤ Beggar ❤ Whore ❤ Pick pocket ❤ Street rat ❤ Urchin ❤ Orphan ❤ Poor woman ❤ Peasant ❤ Plebeian ❤ Serf ❤ Chattel ❤ Peon ❤ Debt slave ❤ Villein

Artist ❤ Gypsy ❤ Fortune teller ❤ Dancer ❤ Performer ❤ Ballerina ❤ Poet ❤ Playwright ❤ Muse ❤ Actor ❤ Musician ❤ Song writer ❤ Muso ❤ Groupie ❤ Technical support

Predator ❤ Prey ❤ Pet ❤ Owner ❤ Exhibit ❤ Keeper

Monk ❤ Priest ❤ Nun ❤ Preacher ❤ High priestess ❤ Eunuch ❤ Paladin ❤ Oracle ❤ Templar

Wizard ❤ Apprentice ❤ Journeyman ❤ Sorcerer/Sorceress ❤ High arch wizard ❤ Mage ❤ Witch ❤ Seer ❤ Alchemist ❤ Witch doctor ❤ Shaman ❤ Druid ❤ Archivist

Elemental ❤ Magical ❤ Unholy ❤ Divine ❤ Alchemical ❤ Technological ❤ Mechanical ❤ Cybernetic

Sky pirate ❤ Land pirate ❤ Ocean pirate ❤ Space pirate ❤ Intergalactic pirate ❤ Privateer ❤ Landlubber

Navy ❤ Air force ❤ Special service ❤ Army ❤ Target ❤ Citizen ❤ Militia ❤ Illegal ❤ Prisoner ❤ Medic ❤ Militia ❤ Space force ❤ Intergalactic force

Shogun ❤ Daimyo ❤ Samurai ❤ Ninja ❤ Ronin ❤ Monk ❤ Shinigami ❤ Villager

Gangster ❤ Mobster ❤ Mafia ❤ Rebel ❤ Militant ❤ Freedom fighter ❤ Revolutionist ❤ Protester

Inter-dimensional traveler (e.g. space traveler, time traveler, realm traveler, parallel universe traveler) ❤

Scientist ❤ Test subject ❤ Facility inspector ❤ Assistant ❤ Guard ❤ Management

Super powered beings ❤ Superhero ❤ Super villain ❤ Super neutral

SCI-FANTASY

Punter ❤ Circus freak ❤ Circus performer ❤ Ring leader ❤ Stall holder ❤ Medic ❤ Carni

Royalty ❤ High society ❤ Knight ❤ Warrior ❤ Soldier ❤ Merchant ❤ Servant ❤ Slave ❤ Beggar

Wizard ❤ Apprentice ❤ Sorcerer/Sorceress ❤ High magic council

Human ❤ Monster ❤ Furry ❤ Hybrid ❤ Cyborg ❤ Robot ❤ Mecha ❤ Spliced

Werewolf ❤ Human ❤ Vampire❤ Undead ❤ Other (needs a good plot)

Director ❤ Case officer ❤ Assassin ❤ Spy ❤ Thief ❤ Trafficker ❤ Target ❤ Collateral ❤ Civilian

Twisted character ❤ Normal character

Nomad ❤ Explorer ❤ Native ❤ Hermit ❤ Mutant

Elemental ❤ Magical ❤ Religious ❤ Divine ❤ Alchemical ❤ Technological ❤ Mechanical

Sky pirate ❤ Land pirate ❤ Ocean pirate ❤ Space pirate ❤ Intergalactic pirate ❤ Privateer ❤ Landlubber

Navy ❤ Air force ❤ Space force ❤ Intergalactic force ❤ Special service ❤ Army ❤ Target ❤ Citizen ❤ Medic ❤ Militia ❤Illegal

Shogun ❤ Daimyo ❤ Samurai ❤ Ninja ❤ Ronin ❤ Monk ❤ Shinigami ❤ Villager

Gangster ❤ Mobster ❤ Mafia ❤ Rebel ❤ Militant ❤ Freedom fighter ❤ Revolutionist ❤ Other

Super powered beings ❤ Superhero ❤ Super villain ❤ Super neutral

Earth character ❤ Mars character ❤ Moon character ❤ Space station character ❤ Neptune character ❤ Nomad

Fighter pilot ❤ Racing pilot ❤ Underground hovercraft racer ❤ High society ❤ Black market salesman ❤ Bounty hunter

SCIENCE FICTION

Human ❤ Monster ❤ Furry ❤ Hybrid ❤ Cyborg ❤ Robot ❤ Mecha ❤ Spliced

Director ❤ Case officer ❤ Assassin ❤ Spy ❤ Thief ❤ Trafficker ❤ Target ❤ Collateral ❤ Civilian

Nomad ❤ Explorer ❤ Native ❤ Hermit ❤ Mutant ❤ Terrestrial ❤ Extraterrestrial

Navy ❤ Air force ❤ Space force ❤ Intergalactic force ❤ Special service ❤ Army ❤ Target ❤ Citizen ❤ Medic ❤ Militia ❤ Illegal

Gangster ❤ Mobster ❤ Mafia ❤ Rebel ❤ Militant ❤ Freedom fighter ❤ Revolutionist ❤ Other

Earth character ❤ Mars character ❤ Moon character ❤ Space station character ❤ Neptune character ❤ Nomad

Fighter pilot ❤ Racing pilot ❤ Underground hovercraft racer ❤ High society ❤ Black market salesman ❤ Bounty hunter

PRE/POST-APOCALYPTIC

Describe something to me, give me ideas. I love this genre.

WAR

I'm not really interested in war so it has to have other elements to interest me.

Private ❤ Officer ❤ Recruit ❤ Reserve

Enemy ❤ Ally ❤ Conqueror ❤ Conquered

Colonialist ❤ Explorer ❤ Native ❤ Invader

Navy ❤ Air force ❤ Space force ❤ Intergalactic force ❤ Special service ❤ Army ❤ Target ❤ Citizen ❤ Medic ❤ Militia ❤ Illegal

FANDOM

I do not rp canon characters.

Fandom OC ❤ Fandom OC

Diablo I ❤ Diablo II ❤ Diablo III

Wonderland ❤ Never Neverland ❤ Oz ❤ The Outer Zone (Syfy) ❤ Looking Glass (Syfy) ❤ Labyrinth ❤ Fantasia ❤ Disney ❤ Dark Disney ❤ Misthaven/Storybrooke ❤ Marvelverse ❤ Tron ❤ Star Trek ❤ Star Wars ❤ Dungeons & Dragons ❤ Middle Earth ❤ Other

STEAMPUNK

Describe something to me, give me ideas. Hint: I love trains.

Colonialist ❤ Explorer ❤ Native

Airship captain ❤ Engineer ❤ Businessman ❤ Entrepreneur ❤ Scientist ❤ Doctor ❤ Miner ❤ Spy ❤ Aristocrat ❤ Aviator ❤ Hunter ❤ Fighter ❤ Mechanic ❤ Ragamuffin ❤ Bartender ❤ Grave digger ❤ Medium ❤ Demimondaine ❤ Detective ❤ Policeman ❤ Airship crewman ❤ Glassblower ❤ Craftsman ❤ Paranormal investigator ❤ Con artist ❤ Jeweler ❤ Soaper ❤ Coachman ❤ Match maker ❤ Musician ❤ Protestor ❤ Journalist ❤ Train conductor

Sky pirate ❤ Land pirate ❤ Ocean pirate ❤ Space pirate ❤ Privateer ❤ Landlubber

Navy ❤ Air force ❤ Space force ❤ Special services ❤ Army ❤ Target ❤ Civilian

SCHOOL

I'm honestly not a fan of schools so you'll have to convince me.

Principal ✚ Teacher ✚ Dorm leader ✚ Den mother ✚ Sub-school leader ✚ Faculty leader ✚ Technician ✚ Janitor ✚ Groundsman ✚ School captain ✚ Sports captain ✚ Sub-school captain ✚ Band/choir conductor ✚ Tutor ✚ Adjunct professor ✚ Professor ✚ Chaplain ✚ Nurse ✚ Guest speaker ✚ Other staff ✚ Student ✚ Newbie ✚ University lecturer

Magical adult teacher ✚ Normal adult teacher ✚ Military adult teacher ✚ Other adult teacher

Magical adult student ✚ Normal adult student ✚ Military adult student ✚ Other adult student

Have I missed something? If there's anything you'd like to do and it's not on here, let me know.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rumpleteaser

• Yukonwolfspirit

Dot points!

• I write at least four paragraphs of five lines each, so 20 lines as a rough minimum. I mirror and can write up to three pages if the roleplay calls for it.
  • So long as I can understand your post and you give me enough to work with, I'm happy. I prefer if you give me at least four paragraphs.
  • I play seme, seke, uke, top and bottom.
  • I play multiple characters. I can double, create NPCs and NJCs.
  • I like heaps of kinks - too many to list.
  • Slice-of-life and realistic fiction are so dull!
  • I will respect your limits.
  • My only limits are children, characters with the mind of a child, newly hatched characters, characters with child-state amnesia, high school students or anything like that.
  • My only rules are no canon characters unless they are NPCs, don't puppet my characters and don't kill them without permission.
  • I don't like pathetic, angsty ukes or adorable, kawaii ukes. I like characters to have a bit of spark to them.
  • I like a bit of give and take. Please add to the story as much as you can. Please give me something to work with. Please use your imagination.
  • I like to talk OOC. I like to make friends with my fellow roleplayers. Tell me if you don't want this.
  • Ask me anything you like. I'd love to bounce ideas with you.
  • Tell me if you have writer's block, go on hiatus or want to leave the roleplay.

Small ideas:

The Torn Ones

When angels are torn from Heaven they become the Torn Ones. They must find their Ward - a human whose future is in danger - and become their Guardian. While in their Torn state they are extremely fragile, for their strength is sapped away. They cannot properly protect themselves from Fallen attacks and cannot access their powers. Eventually they will become so tired that they will fall asleep and dissolve into nothing.

The Fallen prey on tired Torn Ones, offering them the choice between fading away or accepting their help. Often they will stalk the Torn One until the very end. By accepting the help of a Fallen they fall further from the grace of Heaven and into Hell, where they too become a Fallen. The Fallen will then seek out humans as prey or recruit new Torn Ones.

If a Torn One manages to find their Ward, they become strong enough to guide the human through their trials. Only their Ward is able to see a Torn One at all times. The Fallen and other Torn Ones can only sense them unless the Torn One wishes to be seen.

The exception is a Warden, who is a human who is able to see all and every Torn One or Fallen. Wardens often deny their gift for fear of being declared insane. If they do accept their gift, they can choose whether to help the Torn Ones or the Fallen. Wardens are extremely prized by the Fallen, who try to trick the Warden into working for them by offering boons in return for their soul.

The Angel Games

Demons capture angels and take them down to Hell, where they are used in the Nightmare Colosseum. There are many games that the Colosseum offers: 1x1 angel battles, war games between teams of demons and re-enactments between angels and demons. Demons pay to see these battles and gamble on their outcomes. (This could tie in with the Torn Ones.)

• 2 weeks later...

The witch in the knoll

Character 1 is a male witch who lives under a large knoll with boulders surrounding it. He lives a fair way out from the village in an open paddock. Character 2 is hunting rabbits with his pet ferret and hunting traps. He has heard the stories of the witch in the knoll but ignores them, thinking they are silly old wives tales. He sees rabbits hopping around the knoll and decides there would be a good place to lay his traps. When he has a rabbit caught in a trap, he reaches down into the burrow and ends up tumbling in. Down the rabbit hole he goes. He finds himself in a strange land where he meets an apple tree full of apples. The tree begs to be beaten. Will he beat the apples from the laden tree? Next he comes across an oven smelling of smoke. The bread inside begs to be taken out. Will he take the bread out? Third he comes across a river with a raft drifting down it. The raft begs to be tied up at the dock. Will he rescue the raft?

The sun is setting and Character 2 is getting tired. At last he comes to a cottage with an overgrown garden completely surrounding it. He decides to approach the cottage and is ushered in by an ugly, hunched creature with long, ratty hair and a warty, pimply face. Character 1 gives him a bowl of soup and sends Character 2 upstairs to bed. He says the real work starts tomorrow.

The next day, Character 1 announces that Character 2 is trapped in the witch's realm and must complete three by three tasks in order to leave. As if by magic, Character 1 becomes more beautiful with each task that Character 2 completes.

The asrai

Asrai are mermaids of England. They had long, green hair and a fishlike tail. They cannot be above water when the sun rises. Character 1 is a fisherman or is perhaps fishing for his dinner. It's full moon when he spies a beautiful man basking by the water's edge. There could be singing involved or maybe Character 2's hair gleams in the moonlight. Character 1 watches Character 2 for some hours before the asrai slips away and the sun rises. He tells his friends the next day but they don't believe him. Only the old gaffer believes his story, saying it was lucky the asrai didn't notice him or he'd be lured away to the bottom of the lake.

Character 1 is determined to prove his story by capturing Character 2. Perhaps he can even sell the creature to the king and his nobles for them to keep in a pretty pool in the palace. He goes out with nets before sunset and sits low in his boat so the asrai won't notice him. While Charatcer 2 is grooming himself or otherwise distracted, Character 1 carefully rows up then captures Character 2 in his net. Character 2 struggles and panics but is hauled into the boat. Character 1 rows him to shore and drags him up onto the land. On land, the asrai's fins turn to legs and looks like a wet, naked human. Still, he can't speak above the water, only sing without words. What happens next is up to you.

The golden arrow

Character 1 is a young knight or the offspring of a lord. He is out riding through the forest when he comes across a hunting party. Curious at to what they'd caught, he comes up and finds they've captured an elf. Character 2 is short and fierce with long, pointed ears. He is caught in their trap and the hunters are attempting to get close enough to dispatch him. Character 1 thinks it is wrong to kill a mystical being or a sentient person so he fights the hunting party and releases the elf. The elf hisses and bares its teeth before running off into the forest. A few seconds later, an arrow made of pure gold fires at the knight and strikes the tree behind him, exactly six inches above his head.

Character 1 goes back to his mother to show her the arrow and tells her what he'd seen. She tells him the arrow is a promise. Should Character 1 ever need anything, all he has to do is to shoot the arrow into the air and call for help. Character 2 will then appear and give his aid or grant one request. After the request is granted, the arrow will disappear.

Mystery on the Orient Express

This could be based in the real world or one we create ourselves. It's the golden age of steam travel and the Orient Express is making its maiden voyage across the continents. Character 1 is an expert thief, known across the world as the Golden Hand. Nobody knows what he looks like and he always appears in different places. However, with such a momentous occasion, he cannot help but he lured by the Orient Express's maiden voyage. There will be so many rich and famous aboard with their best jewels, all vying to outdo one another. The Golden Hand could be anyone - a waiter, the bar tender, a guest, a guest's handmaid or even the conductor himself. Precious items have started to go missing and an equally world renowned investigator has been called in to stop these thefts and catch the thief before the train reaches its endpoint. Character 2 can be anyone - the conductor, a guest or the inspector.

A feud between brotherhoods

In Feudal China, there are various sects of humans and demons who practice varying types of martial arts. Martial arts doesn't just include physical fighting; it includes spiritual magic, meditation and powers too (energy blasts, force fields, flying through the air, etc). Usually a person only has one type of martial arts in them and only devotes themselves to one brotherhood for life. Sometimes people do convert but it's considered heinous.

The two clans that our characters are in are feuding. Character 1 is a... I'm going to say ninja because my original idea leans on Chinese feudal sects where there are different spiritual groups with kung fu (which is spiritual energy as well as martial arts and they're considered brothers rather than monks or ninjas). Character 1 basically has martial arts, has spiritual powers and can sneak into places unseen. C1 is sent to sneak into Character 2's monastery (again, it's from Chinese period dramas where they have a group of buildings where the brotherhood reside) in order to steal some artefact, written document, capture someone or assassinate someone. C1's team are successful but they are chased away. It's very close and it looks like the team might not make it. C1 offers to stay behind and distract the defenders. He is captured and locked up. The next day Character 2 is charged with guarding C1, making sure he doesn't escape and mayube watching over him while he's interrogated. C1 will be locked up for a while so they have lots of time together. They begin to care for one another. Eventually C1 escapes. Maybe C2 had a hand in it, maybe he didn't, maybe C1 was rescued by his clan. C1 and C2 begin to meet in secret, knowing how dangerous it is.

The Citizens of Veloport:

This is a steampunk setting with a higher level of technology. The only species involved are humans, witches, vampires and werewolves.

Veloport is a bustling city-state on the top of a mountain in the deep centre of the northern continent. It relies primarily on mining and trade to survive because at the base of the mountain is a thick, rocky forest that is too dense and too hard for agricultural use. They must import most of their food, while exporting ores, gems, metals and mechanics. While not on a major trade route, airships and zeppelins can be seen travelling through the skies at all times of day. Air is the primary way to get goods in and out of Veloport. The people must be resourceful and industrious because they are so far away from any other nation. Nothing is left to waste. Luckily, this distant land is too isolated to be worth attacking or conquering. It likes to maintain its neutrality when it comes to wars and foreign affairs. It is not even a part of the Intercontinental Railway Network. It has a rail system that leads out of the city to the nearest capital but it is just a small offshoot. Only those too poor to use airships use the trains because it is such a long, slow and arduous journey. There is a privately owned and managed postal system that works nationally and internationally. Items the size of two fists or less are sent by tube and larger, fragile or more precious items are taken to the post offices and delivered in person. Inter-district mail is sent to the national distribution centre before being sent to district post offices and international mail is sent to the international distribution centre to be sent via train or airship.

lb_ref.jpg

GOVERNMENT

Veloport has existed for approximately 350 years since it was first colonised. It has existed as a modern city with all nine districts for approximately 300 years. It was 217 years ago that it gained its independence from the kingdom of Covestead to the west.

As a developing nation, Veloport has no true leader. It is run by the rich and powerful - those with money, big businesses and social power. In this regard, it can be considered a corporatocracy or plutocracy. The leaders in business come together to form an Upper House who decide the laws, trade agreements with other countries and that sort of thing. The Lower House is made up of the guild leaders, such as the Miner's Guild (made up of those who extract substances from the earth), the Printer's Guild (those who print books, newspapers, posters and fliers), and the Labourers' Guild (general workers union for those who do not come under any speciality). Any new laws, bills or restrictions must be agreed upon by both houses before they can be enforced.

A guild is made up of many little people coming together to form a larger voice. Anyone can create a guild, provided they have at least ten members, can justify their existence and fill out the required paperwork. Being part of a guild is not compulsory but it is recommended. Guilds fight for people's rights and make sure businesses, the government and the law are doing the right thing by their members. There is one chairman for each guild who sits in the Lower House, along with a secretary and a treasurer. The Lower House is there to make sure the Upper House doesn't abuse the rights of workers or turn the government into a brutal draconian regime.

Little do people know, the Jewellers' Guild (made up of those who work on jewels and precious stones) is controlled by vampires and the Metallurgy Guild (made up of refined and unrefined metals) is controlled by werewolves. The two often clash over the definition of ores and stones and they fight for dominance over the Miners' Guild. Currently gold and silver are under the jurisdiction of the Jewellers' Guild but in the past it has been under the Metallurgy Guild.

The Upper House runs the various government departments. Every four years (unless someone is deemed unfit to stand) there is a discussion and vote as to who should be minister of what department. The minister in charge of each government department chooses their team to oversee that department. As well as ministers, there is a treasurer who takes care of the city-state's finances and a speaker who keeps the Upper House in order but has no voting power. Government departments include but are not limited to education, law enforcement, business, international trade and affairs, transport, defence, health, human services and facilities. It is the Upper House that decides where Veloport's money is spent and where the government's attention should be pointed. They must hear all demands of the Lower House and discuss them before voting on an outcome.

*** *** ***​

SPECIES

As well as humans, there are three other species living amongst the people of Veloport: witches, vampires and werewolves. Witches were born of a human mother and the Creator, vampires were cursed by the Father of Invention and werewolves were cursed by Mother Nature. They have now spread throughout the civilised world, though very few believe in the existence of vampires and werewolves.

A war has been going on between vampires and werewolves almost since their curses began. They are constantly competing, fighting and trying to subdue the other species. It is unknown how the war between the two sides started and fighting is now a matter of blood and honour. There are some who find it petty and wish the feud would end.

Vampires tend to keep to themselves for the most part. They are very mysterious and secretive. They obviously take part in trade with other nations but do not announce their existence to the world. They have but one Court of the New Moon with many smaller sects dotted throughout the globe. Each sect has an arch vampire, who rules the sect and controls all its doings. Under that arch vampire is a group of advisors of various disciplines so run some smaller segment of the sect's workings. Vampires are known for having exceptional abilities, such as increased speed and strength during the night. During the day they are as weak as humans, if not weaker. In general, they heal rapidly. The only exception is sunburn. If the sunlight hits them, they burst into flame, blister and bake. A small amount of time is not lethal but approximately five minutes will kill them. Sunburn heals as slowly as it would for a human. Every one-thousand years since they were bitten, vampires receive one new power. Their first power appears on the new moon after they were first bitten and becomes ever more powerful as they age. Once bitten, vampires do not age. Each vampire can transform into a single species of bat, which is passed down by their sire. New vampires can only be made by the bite of another vampire. They cannot get pregnant and have children so there is no such thing as a half vampire. Vampires tend to stick to districts one through three.

Werewolves hide in plain sight. They live amongst humans, have human jobs and take part in all levels of society. There are many clans in each city, which are made up of extended families, such as the Silver Fangs and the Crescent Moons. A clan may have between 50 and 200 adults in it. They are made up of alphas, betas, gammas, deltas and omegas. Alphas are natural leaders. They are strong, intelligent and dominant in nature. Betas are also strong and intelligent. They tend to be moderators between the alphas and the rest of the pack. Gammas are independent. They are often on the edge of the pack, half in and half out. They have a tendency to become lone wolves. Deltas have a varying mix of human and werewolf traits. They are a cross between a human and a werewolf. It's like breeding a horse and a donkey to make a mule. They are sterile. Omegas are the submissive members of the pack. They are weaker and have little voice in the way the clan is run. All werewolves have increased senses, such as hearing, smell and pain. Werewolves can shift into half-wolf or full-wolf form at any time and still retain their human mindset. They still retain their memories no matter what form they are in. However, on full moon they are forced to become full wolves with the mind of a wolf. They will attack any human if threatened so they often hide deep in the forest or in containment bunkers. Each clan has a different method of ensuring they do not accidentally bite people during full moon. Werewolves can be created by birth or bite, it matters not which though some clans believe only pureblood, birthed werewolves are the "real" descendants of the original cursed ones. Werewolves have a lifespan of 500 years, as opposed to 90 years for humans. Werewolves tend to stick to districts three through five. The Silver Fang clan is one of the few packs who hold their base in the forest and have fewer economic ties. They are the most neutral clan in the war between vampires and werewolves.

Witches are neither male nor female; they are intersex. They have both sets of working genitalia. A new witch is born from a human father and another witch as the mother. To disguise the fact they have both genders, most witches go about as female. There is no need to cause outrage among the simple minded by letting people know they are both male and female. Some witches hide their identity by dressing as male but it is very rare to find a witch who dresses in a style in between. If a witch does dress in an in between style, they are often reprimanded by their coven for breaking the Witch's Code. They live openly amongst humans and are often sought after due to their magical prowess. Witches get together in small covens of 6 to 30 individuals, such as the Coven of the Evening Star. Witch covens form a circle with no leader. Each witch who has been initiated into the coven has an equal role to play and an equal voice, though age and experience are respected. Witches age at a rate two times slower than humans, so they have a lifespan of 180 years unless they use age potions and spells to keep themselves young. Young witchlings are first trained by their mother before being given a mentor. Once they have gained all the necessary general knowledge, experience and skills to be considered a fully fledged witch, they are initiated into the coven. The initiation has ritual meaning but does not change anything. There are witches who are not part of a coven find it difficult to gain the skills and support necessary to be a fully functioning member of society. A witch who does not know they are a witch or suppresses their powers will find strange occurrences happening around them. Witches are spread throughout all the districts.

*** *** ***​

RELIGION

The predominant religion is the Way of the Divine Trio, which can be broken down into several denominations. The different religions all disagree on how many gods there are and whether there are even gods but there is no animosity between them. What is written here is the truth rather than what different religions and denominations believe.

The Divine Trio is made up of the God, the Goddess and the Creator. The Creator created the planet, the heavens and the two other gods. They are the primordial god and have no gender. They can appear as whatever gender they choose, whatever age they choose and whatever ethnicity they choose but they always have a third eye on their forehead. The Goddess is Mother Nature. She controls the natural world. She is often depicted as pale with raven hair and can shapeshift into black animals. The God is the Father of Invention. He controls the civilised world (humanity). He has a deep, golden tan and matching hair. He carries a golden crossbow with which he fires inspiration at people.

The gods tend to take a more universal approach to their role. They do not meddle in individual affairs and answer single prayers unless it is important to the planet as a whole. They take care of the bigger picture. Occasionally, however, they do favour one or two people. They might take an interest in one person for a time or like what they see before moving on. Perhaps the person has a profound destiny or some higher calling. The gods can see all this. They can see all of fate's possibilities and what events leads to those fates. They exert their will, pushing and nudging the strings of fate as they choose. It is not up to mortals to decide what they can and cannot do.

LAWS

The laws pertaining to witchcraft are fairly lenient and open to interpretation. Any magic that controls a person's will, does grievous bodily harm, bring back the dead or kills a person is illegal. These types of magic are considered "dark magic" and are extremely hard to find. Controlling a person's will includes spells and potions that make a person all in love or devote themselves to a person. It is considered acceptable to make a person more attractive or lucky in love though.

Slavery is illegal in Veloport. There is no need for slavery when people from District Eight and Nine will do almost anything for food, money and drugs. It is illegal to take advantage of people by not giving them a minimum wage for their work and putting them on the books for tax purposes but it does happen unofficially. There are ring fights set up in the lower two districts that pit drug abusers against one another, where the winner gets a hit of drugs or even enough to last them until their next match. Any slave who comes from another country can apply for refugee status and be given a place in a halfway house so they can set up their new life. Slaves who become refugees cannot be extradited or reclaimed by their former masters.

Drugs are socially acceptable, so long as the person using them remains a functioning member of society. It is not considered the fault of the drug but the weakness of the individual if a person abuses (as opposed to uses) drugs, becomes addicted or creates a nuisance. Abusing drugs is seen as a one-way ticket to District Nine. There are limits to how much a citizens can buy, own and have on them at any time. The drug trade is restricted and suppliers must apply for permits to buy, sell, import or own varying quantities of recreational drugs. Drugs are big business and the government wants a bit of that pie. The list of contraband drugs entails only those drugs that cause violence, chaos or extreme disorderly behaviour. The main types of drugs are opium derivatives, cocaine derivatives, alcohol, tobacco, marijuana derivatives and snuff. Snuff is a white or yellow powder that causes euphoria and potentially mania if it is overdosed on. It is inhaled through the nostrils and is very addictive. If taken regularly, a person may become dependant on it to feel any sensation of happiness at all so people need to take more to get the same effect. Withdrawal effects are debilitating.

It is illegal to have sex with someone under the influence of any mind-alerting drug, as they are seen as not having the capacity to consent. Date rape drugs, potions and spells are illegal. It is illegal to coerce, blackmail or charm a person into sex. For this reason, underground sex clubs are illegal too. Prostitutes in brothels must be disease free, paid a minimum wage and free of all mind-altering drugs. The law is very strict about this.

*** *** ***​

LOCATIONS

The city of Veloport is divided into nine districts, based on social class and use. Each district has its own marketplace, post office and an array of shops suited to that socio-economic class. Throughout the city there is a large cable network that can survive the steep inclines between districts. People can make their way on the public carriages or hire out private carriages for special occasions. There are also landing platforms for smaller air vessels dotted throughout the entire city-state.

The highest ranking district is District One, where the elite upper class resides. It is where the Upper and Lower Houses meet to discuss political affairs and it also contains the state library, a museum, art gallery and the Couture Park (an ornamental and sensual set of gardens that is invitation only). The university is a large multi-storey building located near the library. The second largest park, Morkatta Estate, holds a series of large walk-through aviaries of exotic birds for the upper classes to look at.

District Two is the home of lower upper class residences. This is where rich businessmen live in their elite mansions. It has lovely greens and open spaces, though not as many as District One. It contains the luxury terminal, which is for small and private airships only. It also has the highest ranking of the religious society, such as monasteries, temples and abbeys. The banks have their headquarters in this district too. It proudly proclaims the biggest and most trusted private hospital in the city as well as the Rutherford Opera House. It is also secretly the location of the Vampiric Court.

District Three is where the upper middle class resides, such as successful business owners and old money. They are people who still have to work for their money and play and active role in their business to keep it afloat. This is where most artisans and craft businesses are located. It also contains the international terminal, which is primarily for cruise and passenger ships. Near the terminal there is a large, whimsical and wild garden with many herbs and useful species of plants. The gardens may look overgrown but they're actually kept in perfect balance with nature. The Way of the Divine Trio holds a public library here. Most of the high-end, privately owned trade colleges operate in this area. There are many escort and demimondaine services in this area along with higher class brothels. It is little known that this is where the Coven of the Evening Star make their headquarters.

The guild halls are located in District Four. This is a place of barter and trade. It houses the biggest supermarkets in the city with wares for all levels of society. This is where much of the city's negotiation takes place. Most of the town's charities' headquarters are situated in this district. There are plenty of cafes and places to meet along with many of the largest function halls in the city. It is the location of the grand gates to the city and the penultimate destination of the railway line. District Four is where the city's only Courthouse resides. Nobody lives in this district.

District Five is where most of the factories, warehouses, scientific laboratories, workshops and industrial sites are located. It is the location for the more elite cargo docks so they don't have to transport goods from District Eight. It is where most of the printing presses and publishers are located. It holds the final train station along with the national and international postal distribution centres. Most of the werewolf clans have a base here. It contains no luxury areas, such as gardens. It is all work and no play. Nobody lives in this district.

District Six is where the lower middle class citizens live. They usually work in the mansions, parks and facilities in districts one through three. These people have enough to live off plus more for luxuries. There are many religious groups in this area that invite all to attend. This is the district with the largest number of trade colleges and schools. Many of the charities actively seek donations in this area.

District Seven is where the working class people live. They have fixed jobs and a steady income to meet their needs. Most of them work in the factories, industrial sites or the mines. It is also home to the biggest public hospital in the city. There are many halfway houses that are run by charities for those lucky enough to be accepted.

District Eight is the penultimate district. It is where the lower class reside. It has factories (such as textiles and fabrics) that are too poor to be built in District Five. Any factory that causes too much smog is forced to remain in this area. The smelter is here too. It has an orphanage, convent and the main cargo docks. People who live in this district will do whatever work is thrown at them. There are also several brothels here for this reason. There is a police station and fire station here but they are not as grand as those of the other districts.

District Nine is the lowest of the districts. It started out as the main entrance to the mines but eventually the very poorest of people started to build ramshackle houses around it. The place is very, very dirty and law enforcement turns a blind eye to their goings on unless it affects the higher districts. Very few people in this district have a regular income. They are the lowest of the low and live in desperate poverty. There is no police station or fire station here.

The mines are obviously inside the mountain. The main entrance to the mines is located in District Nine but there are smaller entrances to city areas at all levels. Mine workers make up 40% of the Veloport's population and almost anyone can get a job there. All three prisons (low, medium and high security) are housed in the mines. There are prison and work camps based from the medium and low security prisons. There are suggestions to extend the city underground to make a District Ten but no solid plans.

The forest surrounding the mountain is rocky and dense. It goes on for many, many kilometres in every direction. A person could walk for days and not make it to the end. The one and only train line makes its winding way through the south-western side of the forest. The forest is where the Silver Fang clan holds its meetings, bonding sessions and retreats to at full moon.

I'm desperately craving an abusive seme character (master, captor, king, slave trainer, etc). I will throw out all my limits for this! All offers considered!

I'd love my character to be on the receiving end of something deliciously dark and kinky. Not all these kinks need to be used. I understand some of them are not for everybody. Kinks can include slavery, bsdm, torture, orgasm denial, tentacle rape, forced cross dressing, urination, possession, public humiliation, mind fucking, forced submission, rape, gore, cock worship, drugs, screams, begging, fears and tears. I lost my f-list but I'll post it here when I make a new one.

• 1 month later...

I’m really interested in doing multiple rps with you If your down?

Check out my signature. I'm afraid I'm not taking on any more roleplays out of respect for those who are already waiting on me. I told you two weeks ago that I wasn't looking for anyone. It could be a very long time before I have space for more roleplays.