Race: Demon

+ Food

+ Alcohol

+ Free from the duties

Dislikes:

- Too many responsibilities

- Someone bossing him around

- Cocky humans

Bio: Marucs remembered the good days but those had ended awhile ago, and now he was never there. Why bother going there, if the land god wouldn't be there either. At the time, Marcus didn't care about the shrine. Only time he was there, was to steal what food and what alcohol that got left there. He would take it and take it back to his own home in the spirit realm

It was busy today in the city of Yubari, as people were either working or walking the streets of the city. Today was especially busy because it was one of the days where sellers would go to the markers to sell their goods. Even though it was modern times, this was something that never changed about the city. There was farmers, fishermen, and other sellers where there was entertainers who were entertaining the people.

Among all of the people that was there, there was a tall male with long hair with a more feminine face on him. The male was dressed in robes, as he carried his wallet while he looked at the man goods. This was a cover though, he was on a search for something.

More like someone, as he was looking for someone take over and why he left in the first place from this city. He was the land god of fertility shrine but he left though, because he didn't want the job. He didn't want to work that job at all.

Stopping at one particular stall, his hand around the necklace that he was wearing where he was mumbling something. He was sensing something, it was spiritual energy but it was really faint but it was slowly to starting to get stronger. In the back of the mind, he was thinking of what he would do after he found the person.

He was thinking of going back travelling or just staying in the city, to watch over the new land god of the fertility shrine.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ms.Flair

• Rumpleteaser

2ca9c60c070a604ef3a54a18bf875719--akihabara-boy-anime.jpg

Name: Hiko Azuri

Race: Human

Sexuality: Seme, top, homoflexible - he likes women but wouldn't go further than touching and making out

Likes: Jogging, smoking, college, hanging out at the park, knife fights, knife play, sparring, shorter men, kinbaku, men's magazines, moaning, begging, panting, the colour gold, cats, dogs, the family stories his father used to tell, cute women

Dislikes: Being away from his family, children, excessive shouting, lazy people, clingy women, hot weather

Biography: Hiko is in his last year of his PhD. Two years ago his father moved his mother and younger siblings to a bigger city for work. Hiko couldn't abandon his studies so he stayed behind. His family are starting to ask when he'll find a wife but he doesn't have the heart to tell them he's not attracted to women. He used to bring home girls to meet his parents and go on the occasional date with women but making out is as far as he's gone with them. With men he'd gone a whole lot further.

Personality: Hiko is a rebel with a soft face. Most people take him as a normal university student who loves dogs and cats. He seems like the type who would make a great match and an even better father. At night, however, he's out on the streets and in the park causing trouble. He's been in a few fights, broken into a few places and been in trouble with the law a few times. Sometimes gay men will take him as a submissive because of his looks but boy do they find themselves in the wrong position. He's not against forcing other dominant males into submission and having his way with them.

Other: The carved bone talisman around his neck has been passed down through the generations. It was once believed to have been owned by the head of the romance shrine's order, a monk with very powerful spiritual energy. Hiko doesn't know what it does but he considers it his lucky charm.

Hiko walked through the streets with his mobile phone in hand, using it as a GPS. He was off to look at yet another apartment. It was one bedroom with a communal laundry, something he wasn't too impressed with but he didn't have the money for something better. Being a student was a bitch. He did all this work with no money to show for it. With everything his supervisor was having him do, he didn't have time to get a real job. Correction, he probably could work nights but that would take away from his precious social life. He didn't like the idea of being some lowly night fill either. He was better than that.

When the young man stopped and looked at the apartment building, he groaned. Sure, it was walking distance from his university but the place had massive cracks in it. It wasn't modern at all or even maintained properly. Hiko sighed and shoved his phone in his jeans pocket. He needed somewhere to stay. He couldn't live in a hostel forever.

'I may be desperate but I'm not that desperate,' he muttered to himself. He'd probably get broken into and knifed in his sleep is he stayed there.

Just as Hiko was turning to leave, he heard a woman screaming from behind the building. Hiko swore and bolted. She screamed for help again just as he was coming around the corner. He already had his butterfly knife out when he saw a pair of men with what looked like a prostitute. Okay, he couldn't judge. Maybe she was wearing a skimpy dress because she'd been out at a party but he didn't have time to find out. One of the men had her bag and the other had her pinned against the wall, his hand moving suspiciously up her thigh.

'What the fuck do you think you're doing?!' he barked.

'Stay out of this. It doesn't concern you!' snapped the man with the handbag.

'Yeah. This bitch is my girlfriend and after last night she owes us a bit of something,' said the man holding the woman against the wall. He'd slurred his words and looked a little drunk.

'Please, mister, help me!' she cried, her make up running from tears. 'If I'd know that's what he wanted, I wouldn't have gone out with him!'

'Shut up, whore! It's your own fault for dressing up like that. Who wears skimpy outfits if they're not offering something?' the boyfriend snapped.

'That's enough!' Hiko shouted. 'The way I see it, a woman can wear what she likes without being harassed by two drunken sickos. Sex isn't owed to people, it's given.'

With that, he came over and yanked the boyfriend back. The man with the handbag grabbed him by the back of his varsity jacket and tried to throw him to the ground. Hiko spun around and slashed the butterfly knife across the man's chest. It ripped his shirt and just grazed his skin. Hiko launched a kick to the man's groin then turned back to the boyfriend.

'Right you. Let go of the woman or I'll fucking slit your nose off,' Hiko ordered.

The man wrapped his arms around the woman and held her in front of him as if to hold her hostage. One hand was squeezing her breast and the other one was rubbing her crotch.

'What are you going to do, big boy? If you want her, come and get her,' he sneered.

The god was out there, as he had bought some stuff from various stalls. Carrying his goods, as he looked around the streets and area. He picked up that spirit, and sneaked through the streets till he came upon what he found. He stopped there, but was able to make himself invisible to watch the scene.

Watching the scene, he watched how this one man was defending this poor woman who looked like she may in something that was illegal. Shaking his head, and he was ready to move if he needed too. At first, he thought he could stay back but the urge to help the guy defend the girl grew too strong.

He was able to grab a rock, as he tossed it hard against the bully's head who was hurting the woman. He was able to use magic to make sure to not damage the man too much.

-

The man had passed out in Hiko arms, where the woman grabbed her purse and ran off. Before Hiko left, the man stepped forward and made himself visible. Clapping his hands, "That was bravery and I could sense you have a great soul. Great spiritual energy too," the man said before getting close Hiko. "Oh my name is Shiro, and I may have a favor for you.."

Hiko turned his head a moment and looked in the direction of the old fertility land god. He couldn't see anything or hear anything but felt something akin to being followed or spied on. He got the feeling every so often and thought nothing of it. It was uncomfortable but he didn't think it strange enough to comment on. It was just something that happened. Everybody felt like that sometimes, right?

'Oi! Thinking of running, are ya?' the boyfriend teased.

'In your dreams, sicko!' Hiko snapped.

Hiko bolted forwards to attack but before he could even lay a finger on the man, he saw a rock flying past him. The rock was in the corner of his eye one second then striking the man's forehead the next. The young man brought his fists up for a fight but ended up reaching out to grab the man instead. One look was all it took to realise the man had been knocked unconscious. He dropped the man on the ground and considered kicking the shit out of him when another man appeared.

'Who are you and where did you come from?' Hiko demanded. 'Hang on a sec.'

The university student grabbed the one who'd snatched the bag by the hair and made him look up at him. He hated arseholes who preyed on people weaker than them.

'You stay the fuck away from that woman or you'll have more than me to deal with,' he threatened. 'Now get the fuck out of here before I call the police. Take your buddy with you.'

Hiko closed the butterfly knife and tucked it back in his pocket. He rolled his head on his shoulders before turning his head to look at the man dressed in some pretty old-timey clothing.

'Bravery? Soul? Spiritual energy? I just threatened a few drunks who were making a nuisance of themselves. That's nothing special,' he replied. 'Shiro, is it? Are you a monk or something? I don't do sexual favours so just keep on moving.'

Shiro made sure he was only visible to Hiko, when he was dealing with that one guy. Hearing the question, he was gonna answer but was stopped before it came out of his mouth.

He moved in closer, as he felt better that they were alone together and no one there to interrupt them. Fixing his own clothing, as he agreed in silence with a nod of his head. "Yes but it shows compassion to other people and that is something I been looking," Shiro explained to him.

Shiro laughed a little, "You could call me a monk but I am something more..powerful actually. Why would I want something from you though," Shiro said reaching close enough. Taking off his necklace, as he held it in one hand, while staring at him. Once closer enough, he forcibly gave him a kiss before trying to get other take the necklace. When that kiss was done, it was done and they had made a deal and trade of power.

"Before I leave you and I suggest you not going to the cops. I am Shiro, the land god of fertility shrine and you are now the new god. We have traded spiritual connection between each other. Go to shrine, it needs someone like you," Shiro said before he started to walk away, slowly disappearing from sight...

The moment the stranger kissed Hiko, the university student shoved him back with all his strength.

'What the fuck are you on? You've been burning too much of the holy smoke. You don't just kiss strangers you meet behind an apartment building,' he snapped. 'And why are you staring? What did you expect? I'm not some floozy who makes out with strangers.'

Hiko exhaled and shook his head. This was ridiculous.

'Why would I go to the cops? You're not the one who harassed that woman,' he replied. While he still held some belief in the old ways, he couldn't believe this was happening to him. This wasn't normal. It was more likely someone was playing a prank on him. 'First of all, who chooses a new god based on a scuffle like that? There are hundreds of people in this city who are far more qualified than me. And what, I'm supposed to leave my studies to look after a demented old shrine?'

Hiko tried to follow the monk - or land god as he called himself - but he couldn't find him. He stood there looking at the necklace for a few moments before shoving it in his pocket and going on his way. He had other apartments to look at before the day was out.

Shiro stopped though, staying where he was. Shaking his head, as he moved to ran his hand through his hair. "Damnit," Shiro cursed in a mutter. Shiro went after the male, going after him before he reached the male. Appearing again in front of him, as he stood there.

"Where you going? You should be heading to the shrine and using that gift I gave you to help the people in the city. I know and can sense you being a good person for that shrine," Shrio started to say. "You are tough too, you need to be tough to be there and handle what is happening there..."

Shiro thought about it, and thought back on what he said earlier behind that apartment building. "If go to that shrine and take on the responsibilities. You can stay in the home that on the property, for free. No rent, and you can continue your studies. That place needs someone and it isn't me, it needs you..."

"Does that help? I have a guess that you needed a place. If you do this, you wont have to deal with me. I am leaving probably once you get there. Why stay there, if I am not needed anymore.."

'I don't need to be doing anything,' Hiko replied. The nerve of this guy! Kissing him then saying he needed to go to a shrine to be the land god!

No rent sounded interesting though. Hiko considered it then nodded slowly. He wasn't going to commit. He had no responsibility to this old land god, who seemed like he was just trying to shirk his own responsibilities.

'All right. I'll check it out but I'm not making any promises. You should have thought of that before trading that spiritual connection we have. You haven't even told me what I'm supposed to do. I have no idea how to take care of a shrine. Isn't there supposed to be some group of monks or whatever who look after the shrine. What happened to them?' he asked.

'So you're just going to leave? Gods! You're irresponsible! No wonder the fertility shrine is in ruins. You're going to need more than me to repair it,' he said with a sigh. This was an inconvenience and he owned the shrine nothing. The only thing that was tempting him was the free rent. It was better than living in a hostel.

'Okay, I'll go to the shrine but if I don't like it, I'll leave. You're not to leave me there on my own either,' he decided. 'I can't do this alone.'

Shiro noticed how interested he was getting with that offer, as he kept his certain thoughts to himself. He hoped that he would go for the deal.

Shiro was silent for the rant, as he ran his hands through his hair before he placed them into what pockets were on the robe. "Monks? Use to be, but it use to be my family and lesser demons that would take of the shrine. Another being would be the guardian..bu I do not know if he still there..." Shiro answered him.

"Yeah I am gonna leave,. I may not be, but I didn't want this anyway. I didn't want this shrine," Shiro told him. "You may need a lot of help. You will get your help, once they recognize you as the new land god.." Shiro said after. Shiro was keeping his mouth shut about two things; one about Marcus the guardian and the fact that he would turn immortal.

"Sure fine leave, but you will lose the benefits of being there.." Shiro commented. "Fine I will go with you, but I wont be able to really help you as much. I will tutor with what I can," Shiro said. "That necklace, wear that for now on. It will help you with protection.."

Shiro started to walk away with his back to him, before he turned to look at him. "We are going to the shrine now, come on," Shiro said. Shiro started to lead to the shrine, and started the trek that was too the shrine. As they walked, Shiro could feel energies around them. "Are you feeling that? That is the energy from the shrine pulling you in..."

• 2 weeks later...

'Oh, yeah. I know about guardians and land gods. I just never expected to meet them,' Hiko replied. He'd heard stories about them appearing to people they helped but he'd never heard of any of them handing their powers or roles to lay people before. Being a land god was the job of someone far more experienced than him. He knew what a land god did but he didn't know how to do it.

'What makes you think I want this?!' Hiko said with exasperation. 'I have my own life to live.'

'So who else lives in the fertility shrine? Is it just you and the guardian or are there other demons there too?' he asked. If he was going to do this, he wanted to be informed before he got there. He started to walk towards the fertility shrine with the previous land god, starting to glace around as he did. There was one thing he was wondering. 'Can people see you or does it look like I'm talking to myself?'

'What benefits? I didn't ask for this. I can make my own way without the benefits of a broken down shrine,' he scoffed. He rolled his eyes but at least he was going to the shrine. That old land god had better be grateful he was even willing to do that. 'So you're going to tutor me. Good. If you ditch me, I'll walk away and leave you to take care of the mess you brought upon yourself.'

Hiko nodded. He could feel the pull. He'd felt pulls before but not as strong as this one. It felt as if he were connected to the shrine in some way. He could feel its energy in a way far different to when he normally felt "hunches". It fewlt as if it was feeding from him and feeding him at the same time. He could feel its longing to be repaired and its lamentation at being left abandoned for so long.

'So, if you're the land god and you could make a new land god just by kissing somebody, how come you didn't do it before?' he asked in a curious tone.

Shiro didn't answer or comment on anything, Shiro was keeping his mouth shut. He wasn't gonna say anything yet, unless he was asked more direct question. Why waste his breath, where he could keep his mouth shut?

Now that was a question he would answer for the new land god. "It was just me, the guardian and other demons too. There are lower class demons that will listen to you and the guardian too. Once we get there, you will be able to meet them. Maybe even Marcus, depending on his mood..." Shiro answered. Shiro laughed a little, as he laughed some more. "People can see me. I can make myself invisible to people, so don't worry. People wont think your nuts.." Shiro answered another question.

"There are many benefits. Like you get offerings from the people here, and you may be getting more then once this place is back to where it was," Shiro answered the next question. "It may be broken down, but its your home now unless you want to be staying somewhere shittier then you were looking at," Shiro said right after, making a point there about the housing.

Hearing that last question, Shiro stopped dead in his tracks. "I wasn't here. I left this place for longest time, since I was travelling for most of the time. I just came back recently, and I guess I started..to feel guilt.." Shiro said before starting to walk again.

Shiro entered the shrine grounds with the other male, slowly looking around the whole area. He continued to look around, as he stopped in his tracks again. "They are here," Shiro muttered as two creatures came out of from the bushes. They were demons as they rushed to the two of them.

"Shiro your back, but is the new god. He's human..." one pointed out as the two demons started to inspect him. Looking over him before the two of them stepped back, "We are glad you are here. Right now..Marcus isn't here..." they said now in sync.

'What are the other demons like? Who's Marcus?' Hiko asked. He checked the time on his phone and put it back in his pocket. He supposed he had time for this before he was due to meet with another realtor. He didn't want to stay too long though in case this monk convinced him to stay. He was still in two minds about living at the shrine and didn't want to commit to something that would keep him away from his university studies.

'Oh good. I was worried it might look like I'm talking to myself,' Hiko answered. 'You're strange enough looking as it is. You look like you came right out of a history book or a reenactment fair.'

'What would I do with people's offerings?' he asked earnestly. He didn't see any reason he would need them. They just boosted spirit powers and the like. He'd never had spirit powers before so he didn't know what he was missing. What would I even use them for? he wondered. Hiko chuckled sourly and shook his head at the next comment. Yerah, finding a place was a worry but he wasn't going to admit that to this guy. He was bound to take advantage of the fact Hiko was between homes. 'That place may have been shitty but there are other apartments out there. Don't think I don't have other options if this land god thing doesn't work out.'

Hiko glanced over and studied the old land god's face when the man stopped suddenly. Obviously he felt something very deeply for it to affect him like that. Should he be an arse and rub it in or should he leave the old god in peace?

'What were you doing? Why couldn't you come back sooner?' Hiko asked.

Hiko waited behind Shiro, walked in after him and bowed his head as he walked under the archway to the shrine. It was tradition to do so. As soon as he entered the shrine yard, he came up and stood beside the monk. He stared in amazement as the two smaller demons came rushing out from under an overgrown bush. He'd never seen demons before, only felt them! He was fascinated by the way they looked. They were so adorable! They were like little minions.

'Yeah, I guess I am human,' Hiko replied, rubbing the back of his neck. 'If that's a problem, I can always hand the responsibility back to Shiro here. It seems it only takes a kiss.'

"They are very obedient and loyal to us with who is in the shrine," Shiro had answered. He had seen him check out his phone, but he didn't make a comment about that.

Shiro only shook his head, not saying anything about that. He was a little hurt from what he said, making those comments but how he dressed. "I am not that strange.." Shiro muttered more under his breath.

"Use those offerings. They give you food and other type of gifts. They can be very useful, when you need to use them," Shiro answered him. Shiro knew he had problems with his housing situation, and that was why he thought it was a good offer toward the other.

"I had my reasons why I didn't come. They are my own reasons, and I don't think I need tot tell you that,"Shiro had said.

The two demons watched Hiko, as they started to surround him more to give him a better inspection again. "You are human," one commented. They gasped out, as they pulled him forward and away from Shiro. "No, don't leave! We like you and I think you will be perfect for helping us out," they said before a booming howl escaped through the grounds.

"That is Marcus. He can sense us.." Shiro said as another escaped through the area while Marcus was coming out of portal that was out of sight. "He is coming..." the two demons said before Marcus was view, before he shifted back to his human form. "Shiro why the hell you back here, and who is this.."

• 2 weeks later...

'Come on, you've got to give me more than that!' Hiko replied.

'You're dressed like you haven' seen people in 500 years!' he commented. 'That is strange. You obviously weren't in the human world all that time if you haven't kept up with the latest fashions. One would think you'd wear something more normal... but I suppose your monk outfit makes your story more believable.'

'Hey, don't forget I'm doing you a favour by even coming to your shrine,' he commented. 'You owe people an explanation.'

Hiko laughed a little at how excited the demons were to see him. He'd never seen demons before so this was incredibly novel. He crouched down to get a better look at them and reached his hand out to ruffle one's hair as if it were a dog.

'So, what's your name?' he asked. 'You're kind of cute looking. I expected demons to be scary.'

'I'm sort of here against my better judgement. I haven't decided if I'll leave or not yet,' he told the demons. 'I haven't made any promises, this is still Shiro's obligation. He forced that kiss on me.'

The brunette stood up and looked defensive. He didn't know who Marcus was but he sounded pissed, no doubt because Shiro had neglected the shrine for so long. At this point, everything was Shiro's fault in Hiko's eyes. Hiko rested a hand on each of the smaller demon's heads protectively and watched Marcus like a hawk. He had nothing against the guy and Marcus hadn't done anything wrong. He was sure he'd do a lot worse to Shiro in the same position.

The two smaller demons looked at the human,hearing the question that was coming from him. Answering them, they said their names to him. "Yes some demons are cute but more are scary like..Marcus. Marcus could be scary to some when he is not happy.."

"Against your better judgement," one spoke out, repeating what he was saying. Hearing that last part, they looked at each other and even gave shiro a look. "I am not completely surprised...." one mentioned with a shrug.

Marcus moved closer, his ears moved with his tail moving behind him in weird curious like moments. He stopped, with arms crossing over his chest. "I did ask you a question Shiro. Answer me," Marcus said with a low growl leaving his lips.

Shiro rolled his eyes, "This is Hiko. The new land god of the temple, I have transferred my powers to him.." Shiro said. "I am done here, I thought I come and say my goodbyes..for now.." Shiro said starting to leave. "Hiko, I am very sorry but I rather not deal with the brute. He smells like he bathed in alcohol, something that he shouldn't be doing..." Shiro said while getting further away.

"You are a coward you know Shiro. Just giving off your powers and running away like this. Your parents would be disappointed in you.." Marcus yelled as Shiro just gave the bird to Marcus. Shiro left in smoke, while Marcus howled out in anger. Marcus was ready to leave, but it was smaller demons who trying to stop Marcus.

"Marcus stay here. This may be a human, but he is the new land god. We sense something great inside of him!" the twins said together. "Trust us.." they said more and Marcus stopped leaving. Marcus turned to look at Hiko, "You really are new land god. Shit, what did Shiro do to you? I knew he was an idiot, but doing that though. Trust me, if you try to leave you will feel empty for awhile, like half of our soul stayed behind.."

'I'm supposed to be in charge of a scary demon like Marcus?' Hiko asked, raising his eyebrow. He sighed and rubbed his face. It sounded like this Marcus was going to be a handful.

'Yeah, against my better judgement. I didn't really have a choice in becoming the new land god. Shiro just kissed me and said it was my responsibility... even though he's the one who's been shirking that responsibility for God knows how long,' Hiro replied. He wasn't going to let that go. Shiro deserved to feel guilty for what he did but so far he showed no sign of regret.

Hiko calmly watched the transaction between Shiro and Marcus. He could understand how Marcus felt after being abandoned all those years. It must have sucked taking care of a shrine with no land god. It would be like ploughing a field without a harvest - pointless, arduous work.

'Wait! You're not actually leaving!' Hiro exclaimed as Shiro turned to smoke. Hiko spat out a string of curses and clenched his fists. He wanted to hit something. 'That bastard told me he'd stay around to train me!'

The new land god looked at Marcus and sighed.

'All right. I guess the first step is for you to show me around,' he said with another sigh. 'I'm Hiko by the way. I suppose I'm your new master but for now you will have to guide me instead.'

All three of the demons stared and watched how Hiko reacted to how Shiro left Hiko with everything. It was Marcus spoke up. "Shiro never liked staying here. He told he never wanted to be next land god but his parents choose him. He did at first for his parents approval, then it to him.."

Marcus thought it would be give any type of dirt he could on Shiro when he was not around. He had a guess that Shiro called him a drunk behind his back or someone who was too lazy help after it started to go down hill. Those may be true though, but time would tell if they were or not true statements.

"We are sorry that he left you Hiko..." The two lesser demons apologized knowing that may not be enough of a apology.

Marcus pointed to himself, with a cross of his arms. "Really think I was going come back that easy? You are a human who has no spiritual powers here. Why listen but then again this could be just something to help my days go faster. So I will come back on some conditions; you must share the offerings with me. I get the weekends to do whatever I want, and that's all I really want.."

"There is something. You must seal the bond between me and you, but that wont be easy. Since you have to take control from me, and either get a kiss from me or force me into sex.Which ever, until then though. It will be so much harder for you to boss me around. Right now though, I can show you around, because I feel like it.." Marcus said starting to walk away with his back to him. "Come on new land god. Unless you want to be lost, you better follow me.."

• 3 weeks later...

'I don't care that he left... although that is irresponsible too. It's that he left the shrine to rot for sop long. He could have found someone to replace him before he ran off,' Hiko commented. He sighed and looked back at the demons. He decided he wouldn't be like Shiro and just leave the shrine unattended. At the least he'd see how it went and find someone else to do it if it interfered with his life too much.

'Aaah. It's not your fault,' Hiko said. He reached out and ruffled the little thing's... hair?

Hiko exhaled heavily and looked at Marcus much in the way he'd look at a dead rat he'd stepped on. It was a sort of "what now?" expression. He raised his eyebrows though when Marcus said he only wanted those two things. He'd expected the guy would be making all sorts of demands.

'That's all you want? Sure, that seems reasonable to me,' the new land god agreed. 'Are you saying you didn't have days off before?'

Hiko gave an amused laugh when Marcus said how the pact was sealed. He didn't mind, in all honesty. Marcus was attractive enough and Hiko would definitely go a few rounds with him, with or without the pact.

'Very well, lead on,' Hiko agreed. He put his hands in his pockets, took out his phone and had a look at the time before following behind Marcus. He looked around at what there was to see without stopping. The place sure needed a lot of love before it would be fit for patrons to come give their prayers.

'Shiro mentioned I could stay here. I'd like to see my room before anything else,' he requested.

The two lesser demons were happy that they were touched like that.They both gave him a happy look before they ran off hand in hand. They had disappeared after they had left for the tour.

Before they left for the tour, Marcus nodded his head with a shrug of his shoulders. "That's all I want..for now Hiko. I may want more later on," Marcus commented. Hearing that question, "I never had days off. I never felt like I needed them because I enjoyed my time here...before it went into the toilet," Marcus answered him.

Marcus showed him all around the temple grounds, where he was staying, where the offering was and even where the private grounds where there was hot springs at. Marcus told him he could go there, since that was his domain but reminded him that he went there too sometimes.

Shiro stopped, and turned to face him. "Yeah you can stay here. You can stay in private quarters where Shiro use to stay. It is separate from the staff home where staff use to stay when we had staff," Marcus said starting in the direction of where he would be staying. Stopping at a little like cottage place that was on private grounds, he let him go ahead. "You should be able to get in..but I can't get in. Shiro warded the crap of that place, so I couldn't come near here. When we had fights, he would just hide here. Knowing he was safe," Marcus said to him, showing some bitterness through the last of his words.

"Look inside, and see if you like it. It has everything, there is a bathroom in there with working bath with even a kitchen. It doesnt run off electricity like in town, but your own soul and magic.." Shiro explained to him. "Oh if you want those wards to be let down..to let me in. You will need to find yourself a monk.."

• 3 weeks later...

Hiko waved off the two smaller demons and watched them out of the corner of the eye out of milk curiousity.

'Do those two have names?' he asked. 'What sort of demons are they? What sort of demon are you?'

It was obvious Marcus was some sort of canine but having never met a demon before, Hiko didn't know if there was more to it than that. Were there clans? Rifts? Species or breeds?

Okay, the temple and grounds were piking Hiko's curiousity. If it wasn't so dilapidated, he could see himself living here comfortably. He especially liked the idea of being able to come to the hotspring after a long day of studying. The university student wasn't going to admit his interest yet. There was still the obligations of being the land god, somethign he knew nothing about. Would Shiro even return to teach him?

Hiko stopped his curious train of thoughts when Marcus stopped and turned.

'Why would he need to ward you out? Are you dangerous? Why would he need a place to feel safe from you?' Hiko asked. He suddenly didn't trust this guy. He wanted to get something over him as soon as possible, which meant a kiss or sex. The hotsprings seemed a good place for that. Would Marcus be top or bottom in such a coupling? Hiko sure as hell wasn't going to bare his arse for the guy to fuck, that was certain.

'Stay out here while I take a look,' Hiko ordered. He doubted Marcus would actually stay long but he wanted to get a good idea of where he was staying. He walked inside and picked through things, rifled through cupboards and noticed it had pretty much everything. It even had the previous occupier's robes still there. What was he supposed to do with those, especially the formal and ceremonial ones? Was he to wear them himself during religious events? Come to think of it, would he have to dress in a stupid monk's uniform to perform his tasks or could he wear his own clothes.

'Okay. I'm done. Tell me how to use my soul magic to work things,' he requested.

Marcus looked over at him, "They don't really have a name. We can give them names or they do, but I have forgotten since I never really visited.." Marcus said. Hearing the next question about what type of demon he was and the twins, he shrugged. "They are imp like creatures. I am more like animal hybrid type of demon," Marcus answered, trying to explain to him.

Marcus had stayed where he was, hearing all of those questions. "That I don't know completely for sure," Marcus started with trying to give some answers. "I am not that dangerous, it is my anger that can be though. I am sorry Hiko," Marcus said, giving him some more answers before he had gone inside of the house.

"I can stay here," Marcus said to him. Marcus had stayed outside, not moving from where he was. He stayed there, not moving since it would have been rude. Thinking about this, he thought about this whole situation.

Marcus saw that he was out there, as he heard that question. "I can help you with that, but we would need to go a special spot. It will fully work but we have to work together. It won;t be as strong at first," Marcus said starting to lead where there a alter with a crystal on top of it. Marcus moved closer, as there was a pull toward them as he moved to sit down in front of it.

Putting his hand on top of the crystal, he looked at Hiko. "Follow my lead.." Marcus stated.

• Saga locked this topic