Love, Simon

auser

v1.bTsxMjY4NjczNjtqOzE3Njk2OzEyMDA7NDA1MDs2MDAw

Love, Simon

Everyone deserves a great love story, but for 17-year-old Simon Spier, it's a little more complicated. He hasn't told his family or friends that he's gay, and he doesn't know the identity of the anonymous classmate that he's fallen for online. Resolving both issues proves hilarious, terrifying and life-changing.

[video=youtube_share;ykHeGtN4m94]

So I'm reading the book at the moment (and it's pretty nice so far:).. So the next logical step would be a movie then!!

It looks like it's out already.. Have you guys seen it yet?

(tagging possible movie-lovers:D)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I highly doubt it will be the next "Call Me By Your Name", but it's fun!:D

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• auser

• Jochie

• fan_yaoi

• shinyaKogami

oh you're right! I should put a trailer for this..^^

- - - Updated - - -

Rotten Tomatoes say it's good xD I

no no 92 % on Rotten Tomatoes is really good actually^^ I didn't see many bad reviews, but I also wasn't looking - still not finished with the book, terrified of spoilers xD

it's not playing here yet. I have to wait until next month

thanks for pointing out dear :) I remember watching the trailer but forgot about it after that. I will wait for your review to see it :)

i haven't watched the movie yet. bc there is one thing about the book that was revealed early on in the movie. which frustrated me huhuu.. so yeah, i need more times to eventually watch this. thanks for the tag btw, buddy!

let me know your thoughts once you do!! Because I actually finished the book today, and damn - you were right, it was not very special at all:( So I think I will wait with watching a moive as well:(

Besides,

is a queen of my to-be-watched list at the momen, so "Love, Simon" I guess will have to wait for a little bit:D:D before I'm excited again!:D

really? are you talking about the Blue Part? Because I *blushing* figured it out in the book quite early as well ahah

hey,, iv been meaning to watch this one!! I have to soon, i liked the book well enough so i hope the movie is good as well. I saw the trailers a while ago and it looked promising :) Fingers crossed ;)

I hope my disinterest of the book didn't ruin it for you, I hope the movie is better. And I figured Blue early on the book too, I guessed that's why I get annoyed at Simon for being so blind and make the story lil bit cliche

no no don't worry about, I was actually quite enjoying the first 40 percent or something.. but yep, the story did turn out to be not the special after all, but I would be curious to see how they handled it all in the movies.. i wonder if there will be a lot of narrating & reading emails out loud O_o

Yay!! You might do it even before me, because I have a very long tbw list all of a sudden:D so yep yep let me know your thoughts:D

yes, I'm still want to see the movie, too bad I have to wait one month until it release

ahaha

, this is the first time I'm a queen of sth dear, thank you :)) I hope they don't dissappoint you :)

• 1 month later...

hahah, yes

i've seen this & it's one of the cutest movies i've seen this year :) i am a sucker for a good teen movie & this totally worked for me. i love how "ordinary" the whole thing is - insert any teen movie plot about a kinda outsider - & you will still get the same movie... sweeeeeettttttttt~~~

ahah and now I'm not sure if your words are a compliment or a roast.. I mean, don't we all want an original story?

I was so surprised this book is this highly-rated on goodreads, because the more I think about it, the more of the book I actually forget ahah It didn't seem very special.. no? But you say the movie is good?

Yep, I'm doing a complete 180 from my original point xD But I'm no longer excited about watching this one for some reason T_T

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got to watch this movie. They make a lot of changes, some really like and some I hope they follow the book.

Changes that I like is how they make it not so obvious who Blue is. And the conversation with his mother, that is really touching. I love it when she said you can exhale now.

Overall it's quite cute movie, nothing really special but cute :)

• 1 month later...

damn, it was obvious in the book already, if they made it even MORE obvious in the movie.. NAh, I think I would rather rewatch Call Me By Your Name a hundredth time. xD

thank you for telling me your thoughts..^^