Best Books of 2018

auser

Hello everyone:D:D:D

You know how there are new books being published every day? Well, my biggest fear is always missing out on them!:D

I think by now we have heard about most of the "old" goodies, but there is always a chance to completely miss a new really good book, especially if it just came out. (or if you haven't been on YO for a bit.. that's also always my fear xD)

So I wanted to selfishly create this thread to ask the lovely people of YO, that if you ever do (or have already) come across something new & absolutely fantastic, please let us all know.. some books don't get enough hype, and sometimes, even if they do, it's not enough,:D

So what are the best books you've read so far this year?

May I tag a few of the lovely uploaders & book-reading experts, ? foxy2foxy2 So you know this thread exists..

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

P.S. that's the thread that I told you about

.. your wonderful bestsellers idea gave me the courage to finally start this one..^^

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• auser

• bondingboys

• Jochie

• Ragne

I don't have anything in mind yet, sadly. I have been fulfilling requests more than reading lately >

I want some recommendations too. Thank Mochi for creating this thread

thanks for tagging me, buddy.

wow, another book thread (i made a right decision to retreat from x challenge hehee). ya know, i'm a big fan of author JCP. after Agent Bayne, i didn't know there would be another book by JCP will came out. so when i discovered Imperfect Match i was beyond happy lol another new series i hooked up is Seven of Spades by Cordelia Kingsbridge. i think someone from here hyped this series to me but i forgot who that is. if that's you, please raise your hand i wanna buy you a coffee bc this series is super hot imo hehee.. & yeah, that's all. that's why i need book club! hi

;D

I know T_T well, at least you're reading the wicker king now!!:D:D

As for recommendations, the 2018 books that I really enjoyed were either BDSM or omegaverse (ahah, neither is for you, I know:D) or Josh Lanyon.. (that I'm so waiting for you to read..) so I hope people will tell us more:D

me! me! me!! I know who told you about this!!!! it was the lovely
:D it was in my very first thread & where I met you:D for the first time.. and
&
... :D:D:D

so yep:D you owe the coffee to

(I'm so waiting for them to come back to the forum!!)

still never read JCP tho.. added Imperfect Match to the tbr:D thank you..^^

, ooh, I see, yeah, great idea for a thread! And thanks for tagging :)

I am afraid I am still in the process of "catching old goodies";). But I am happy to try the newest ones, so if there will be recommendations here... And of course I'll let you know if I find something really interesting ;)

And my must-read-list has already grown, thank you

:D

e I think you already know all the book that I've read this year. but if you want I can list the one I like again here

me too!:D I'm mostly catching up now.. but then again, once in a while, there will be a brand new gems, that I'm happy I haven't missed... like posing for omega or inhale or even the first book of that m/m/m/m/m/m series.. wow, this year has been really good with omegaverse:D:D

ahah, that's true:D I'm pretty sure I can name from memory 90 percent of the book you read this year.. we talk too much, don't we?! well nah, there is no such thing as talking too much.. but nope, the idea is more for the future as well - if you ever come across something brandnew & special, you can post it here for everyone to see.:D (if anybody even remembers this thread a week from now though)

oh and I think Power Play came out in 2018. and my new big fetish was born:D

i'm going to read Unbroken by Larry Banjamin and Sex in C Mojor by Matthew J. Metzger now, i'll let you know if it any good

This is a great thread to find out which book i should read next..Among the new books of this year i read only mpregs and other genres i read are from past years..After going through reviews the temple road by kirby crow and until the stars fall by Abigail Kade and few others are on my read list..

I'd like to learn about everyone else as well :)

Umm, I am not sure whether they are published this year, but so far in 2018 my three favs are:

Rule Breaker - Lily Morton

Murder Takes the High Road - Josh Lanyon

In a Dark Wood - Josh Lanyon

This made me realized that I haven't actually read anything that good this year hhmm...

Def enjoyed 'Defined by deceit' by A. E. Via but it is not new, was published in 2016 so idk if it counts.

seeing in the Dark Wood makes my heart flatter..:D:D Im so happy you enjoyed!! I haven't even realized that it was new though! ahah, well, I've read most of my Josh Lanyon this year, so I don't know what was published when..^^

and did you know Rule Breaker has a sequel?^^

well I think "new" is a relative term, and I have never heard of this book before..!:D Added to the TBR, thank you:D

And I know what you mean - this year I haven't really seen that many good books yet O_o (that's why I thought of this thread xD)

Maybe Power Play was pretty fun, but it's nothing special, just hot

And Inhale is a favorite of mine, but that's shifters, so it's definitely not for everyone.

oh! and The Wicker King!! (late late 2017.. am I cheating? ahah:D)

but yep, so far 2018 hasn't done anything impressive (at least for me) yet

, thank you for the tag, AND OH WOW It’s hard to choose a favorite! I do bulk reading weekly so I can’t remeber which ones were released for 2018 but I love a lot of Susi Hawke’s books and Kiki Burrelli and Ann-Katryn Byrde and Annabelle Jacob’s Regent Park Pack series!

thanks, buddy! see, i already forgot names huuu.. then i'll wait for

to come back : ))

, what a wonderful thread this is! I honestly don't have anything to put here but looks like everyone has suggestions and I'll surely stalk this for recommendations! :D

Oh

no, I don't think the books are published in 2018, they are my favs from 2018 reads.. I guess I kinda misunderstood the topic! :D

Yeah, about Deal Breaker, I already read it and might have talked your head off, it was the one with a child :D

thank you so much for stopping by!:D:D I've honestly never heard of Kiki Burrelli (unless I have, and then I've got a horrible memory...xD).. is there anything specific you recommend?

I have read the Regent Park series though:D the first one is definitely very special & fun:D It's my favorite kink - forced mating xD (which probably says too much about me xD)

and as for Susi Hawke, it's on my long tbr list.. because of the precious

:D she is a huge fan!!:D

well I'm always here to help your failing memory.. unless i'm not.. and then yeah, you're screwed xD

, well, because of you, I have put Inhale on my personal list.. thank you for that recommendation:D and I'm starting Omega Required tonight too, sorry I was distracted by the Achilles for a bit..^^

p.s.

ahah I do thank you for your consideration ahah kids in fiction are not my thing.. although you can still rave to me about any book you want, I don't mind:D:D

I would definitely recommend all of her works! I love them all, to be honest. Her books give me all th feels possible to feel HAHAHAHA if you have a long list, I suggest you put all of her works on it. And hipefully, you’ll love them just as I love them :leaf15:

Well there is one book which I enjoyed very much. But I can't share it here. And the other book was by Ella Frank. The last book of the Temptation Series. I haven't been able to read much this year. -_-"

ahah

I will try & let you know my thoughts.. I'm excited to discover someone new:D:D thank you!!

oh crap I can even guess who it was written by, if you can't share. too bad I can't guess an actual name, dammit xD

Oh the Temptation Series.. I've heard a lot about it:D I should try it :D thank you so much for reminding me of it..^^

Nah it is not what you are thinking. (; Ella Frank is someone you should def try out.

Btw I like your new sig. (;

thank you

:D:D:D it's the work of the precious
foxy2 he put a lot of patience & effort^^

and noted, Ella Frank!:) I might try it this weekend, i'm honestly out of ideas what to read..^^

• 3 weeks later...

wow thanks for showing me this thread....i have been out so i havent read any good book if you got dont forget to tell me....good job Mochi.... You have been busy...

• 3 weeks later...

thanks babes

for the tag ;) i love my dick lits but i haven't been keeping up at all these past few months with the books being released :(

thanks to you &

for all the tags so i have an idea what's happening **kiss kiss**

hmmmmm... my best queer read for 2018 so far are 2 oldies but complete gold, not sure have any of you read these two beauties:

1. Giovanni's Room (James Baldwin)

2. Persian Boy (Mary Renault)

prepare the kleenex though... don't say i didn't warn you.

- - - Updated - - -

heheheheh, ella frank is one of my faves but then again, i am totally biased @_@

i am totally in love with Jordan x Derek from her Devil's Kiss... & i am totally in love with her Devil's Kiss (have the very dog-earred hard copy to prove it), nyeknyeknyekkkkkkk.

oh thank you for sharing your favorites!! Your recommendation a few weeks back prompted me to give a go to giovanni's room (I avoided this book for sooo long, you have no idea) & yep, it crushed me. It was an amazing read, but heck if I'm ever reading it again. It makes me think too much xD Crap, I should probably not say it like it's a bad thing xD

so thank you about that!!:D:D

and Devil's Kiss has just got on my TBR as well! Can it be read as a standalone? It's book 2 in a series:D

P.S. My relatively recent finds of 2018 are Bitter Legacy (cheating)and Dark Needs (twincest).