Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Position
    Secret
    Credits
    dxdzero8 Inventory
    Yato

Re: ❀ YO's BL NOVEL BOOK CLUB ❀

Thanks @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for letting me know and of course for the great idea and @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for tagging me and @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] i like the suggestions you gave..i am all up for audiobook and if its one book a month decided on a poll on a specific genre i think everyone can mnage it no matter how busy life is..it would be pretty amazing..And everyone who reads books loves to talk about books..i always talk my best friend's ears off about books, manga and dramas i like..so its good..Thank you again Racheal for this amazing idea..

2. The following 4 users like this post by dxdzero8:

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    Vanlatte Inventory
    Royal Fiance Tyki Haruka Nagisa

Thank you for your wonderful idea, @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!
    And thank you for tagging me, @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!
    I probably won't see this thread if no one notifies me. I'm not the 'surfing' type...

Yeah, I agree with 1 book per month. When I'm really into it, I can read 1 book per day. If it is short enough, like <120 pages, I can read one and a half book a day. But that happens when I'm in a mood. Otherwise I can go on hiatus for months (or years) n_n". I think this book club will make my sporadically urge to read more tame

I think with choosing theme for each month will make the book we read more organize. I'm neutral in this part.

I am not a chatty type. I rarely pop-up in threads unless asking for 'reupload' or 'request' or if there's someone tagging me. But I will happily join the discussion! Although maybe I'll not appear so often...

Audiobook?
    Well, I LOVE it SO MUCH!
    I am definitely in!
    [Maybe we can have one or two month in a year to have an 'audiobook' theme?]

I've concerns 'tho.
    1. If a member finishes a book faster than the other and starts discussing it, wouldn't that makes some kind of spoilers? I'm not oposed to spoilers. On contradiction, I like it! But what about others who don't?

2. What if I missed the book of the month? Will I still be a member?

4. The following 4 users like this post by Vanlatte:

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    fan_yaoi Inventory
    Mazir YO Pride Misaki Takahashi Ritsu Onodera

hmm perhaps you could have half of the books you choose this year belonging to a theme and the other half more random?
    that way you guys could try both "themed"-novels and random novels that are for example "new".
    Well its just a suggestion :P do a litte 50/50, perhaps also with the spoler/discusion, give peopel some time to finnish in the beggining and then somewhere in the middle of the month-ish-ish those who have finnished could start talking.
    That way those who need more time, wont miss out too much of the discussions and those who read fast dont need to wait to long and "hold it in" XD
    well its just an suggestion, dont mind me
    After all im just observing atm

Spoiler:  

6. The following 4 users like this post by fan_yaoi:

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Riki Inventory
    Haruka Shuui YO YO Birthday - Riddle 5

Ooh, I didn't notice this! Thanks @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for tagging me and kudos to @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for such a great project ;D
    Count me in!

8. The following 3 users like this post by Riki:

Yaoi Elite Member
    Position
    Secret
    Credits
    Astiara Inventory
    AkaKuro Frau Hyakuya Mikaela Johnny Rayflo

OMG. what is this i see? our very own book club???!!! waaaaa @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] this is the best idea ever!! and thanks for tagging me, @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] too, i think otherwise i would have never noticed it XP
    oooh i'm soo excited!! XD

so let's see...

-i vote for the one book a month, at least for now. i mean i read a lot more in 1 month but if you up the number i may not have time for other book i like, and if it happen that the voted book isn't to my liking i will need more to finish it, probably putting it down and picking it up again later. so yeah 1 book a month is good.

- for how to choose the book i agree with the voting pool;
    as for the theme thing i agree more with fan_yaoi, i think alternating the books like 1 month a themed one - 1 month a whatever you want one is better, or maybe you go with the themed books most of the time and slide in a couple of jolly month in which you can freely suggest the books you like

-audiobook, well now i only agree with this if there is both writed novel and audiobook, because while i have no problem reading, understanding pronunciation when listening is a little more complicated( because english, you couldn't speak how you write, no?)

still whatever you decide i'm definitely in!!! can't wait to start!!!XDXD

10. The following 5 users like this post by Astiara:

Ultimate Yaoi Expert
    Credits
    auser Inventory

Yay! @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ].. any discussion is better if you're here...

Yay yay @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] it's always better to discuss books in the thread where you're actually supposed to.. xD I can definitely relate to the whole safe shifters stories, I have periods where I read nothing else, but omegaverse (and most of them are horrible & killing my brains), so I AM looking forward to this book club to get me to read more challenging stuff during these periods..

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] I'm actually now getting more excited about audiobooks as well. I really don't listen to that many, so it should be fun
    @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I've concerns 'tho.
    1. If a member finishes a book faster than the other and starts discussing it, wouldn't that makes some kind of spoilers? I'm not oposed to spoilers. On contradiction, I like it! But what about others who don't?

2. What if I missed the book of the month? Will I still be a member?
    @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] will reply to it better.. (as our awesome & hot secretary..), but we've never met before, so I want to reply to you too hello

1. I agree here with what Racheal suggested before:
    I know we read in different pact, but you can always mention how far you are now, for example : chapter 8, and then put spoiler on all the contents. [We can include this in the rules too]
    I think it should solve most of our problems I personally promise to probably finish the books during the first two days & then suffer for the rest of the month xD
    but @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]'s idea to wait till the middle of the month to start discussing is great as well..^^

2 I think it's pretty casual, no? I'm pretty sure missing a book of the month shouldn't be a problem, no? What do you say, Racheal? Maybe I'm mistaken

Yay @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] & @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Im just so honoured to be the first to tag you.. I have a feeling this thread is going to be EXTREMELY popular!! (it already is yay!

12. The following 6 users like this post by auser:

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    dxdzero8 Inventory
    Yato

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] what do you think the first book genre should be? i enjoy all genres from fluffy zero heat to hardcore BDSM except plot with too much drama from the ex and cheating..(it gets painful to read then)
    and i agree with fanyaoi that we can put a specific timeline that from the middle of the month or last week we are going to discuss about the book..because not everyone likes spoiler though i actually prefer spoilers because it helps me to choose which book to read..

14. The following 4 users like this post by dxdzero8:

Credits
    Suida Inventory
    Special Mikazuki 2 Special Mikazuki Asano Kenji

You know guys, I am up for everything except MPREG. I would have to skip that month. XD

Update: Adding Tentacles
    Last edited by Suida; 05-12-2018 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Adding Tentacles

16. The following 5 users like this post by Suida:

Ultimate Yaoi Expert
    Credits
    auser Inventory

how about YA? Age Gap? Polygamy? I'm sorry, those are the only genres that come to my mind right away oh BDSM! i'm always in the mood for something kinky..^^

18. The following 3 users like this post by auser:

Position
    Seme
    Credits
    Jochie Inventory
    Allen Walker

I'm agree with what @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] suggested, everyone can discuss everything they like. I'm not so chatty myself except on special occasion.
    And I like the idea that we start discussions in the middle of the month, so we can discuss it together and no one feels like they were left behind.
    For the first theme may I suggest something light? Book that put a smile on your face or keep you gigglin like an idiot

I know it still a long time, but can we have Christmas theme for December, please??

20. The following 4 users like this post by Jochie:

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles