Thread: ~Touken Ranbu~

~Touken Ranbu~

I can't believe there's not more people talking about Touken Ranbu here! It's about time all of us Touranbu fans gather together to talk about our favorite characters and ships, and to spread as many fanfics and doujins around as possible. There's never enough for me when it comes to this anime/game haha!

I guess to start I'll list off some of my favorite ships. I won't list them all because there's just so many, but here's a few to get us going!

- Kanesada/Horikawa (I've never seen a more supportive pair of husbands EVER! OTL They're the epitome of fluffy, romantic, cute couple).

- Tsurumaru/Yagen (This is definitely a rare pair even by Touranbu standards haha! Does anyone else ship this and if so please tell me! I've seen a few comics and fanart of them online, but not much! Also, I kind of tend to ship Tsuru with everyone... It's hard not to!)

- Kashuu/Yasusada (This one is a given, but they're too cute together. The adoration they have for one another is so beautiful).

- Kogitsunemaru/Mikazuki (This pair of old man husbands haha! How can a pairing be so cute and yet so sexy at once???)

There's so many more ships out there for me, but this works for now! Please share in all of your ships and fanfics and doujins, both from the game and anime! ^_^

2. The following user likes this post by confidant_v:

Credits
    littlespiral Inventory
    Victor and Yuri Yuri Plisetsky Nikiforov Victor Katsuki Yuuri

Re: ~Touken Ranbu~

my favourite OTP in Touranbu is Kogimika! i learned about this pair after stumbling upon some gorgeous doujinshis of them two and i immediately fell in love >///<

Spoiler:  

Quote Originally Posted by confidant_v View Post
    - Kanesada/Horikawa (I've never seen a more supportive pair of husbands EVER! OTL They're the epitome of fluffy, romantic, cute couple).
    ahaha i first like these two, too! Horikawa's loyalty to Kane-san is something of a beauty, yeah? but after watching more of the anime, i couldn't resist pairing Kanesada with Mutsunokami. their opposite personalities kinda complement each other. hehe..

p/s: i don't really like Mikazuki voice in the anime tho.. >.<

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] I have little pins of Koga and Mika! This doujin looks gorgeous... I don't think I've ever read it before. I'll have to look into it. These two are just so sweet and calm and peaceful and loving, but also delicious and sexy. I feel like Koga can't rely on anyone the way he relies on Mika~ It's so sweet!

Kane and Mutsunokami are so fiery!! I do love them as a ship if I'm being honest. Even in Katsugeki it was shown that Kane as a certain affection for him. They butt heads so much it's almost impossible for them to not be in love haha! And let's be real, as much as I ADORE Kane/Hori we all know that Kane and Mutsunokami have the better and more ferocious sex. Like for real though XD

Also I'm assuming you watched the subbed right? I need to go back and listen to his voice. When I last watched Hanamaru I watched it with my sister who prefers dubs so we watched it that way. If I remember right his voice actually sounds similar in the dub and sub. It was... Somewhat whiny sounding correct? Or am I way off the mark? I need to just look again haha! Juzu's voice was deeper than I thought it would be!

Credits
    littlespiral Inventory
    Victor and Yuri Yuri Plisetsky Nikiforov Victor Katsuki Yuuri

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] if i'm not mistaken the image was from a doujinshi by TEC (Touya Nakamura). you should check out this mangaka's works! she draws beautiful Kogimika doujins! >///< yup! yup! i love how in most of their doujins they are pictured as a peaceful couple!! hehe.. i love me some domestic bliss~

Spoiler:  

Quote Originally Posted by confidant_v View Post
    Kane and Mutsunokami are so fiery!! I do love them as a ship if I'm being honest. Even in Katsugeki it was shown that Kane as a certain affection for him. They butt heads so much it's almost impossible for them to not be in love haha! And let's be real, as much as I ADORE Kane/Hori we all know that Kane and Mutsunokami have the better and more ferocious sex. Like for real though XD
    this one, i have to agree. one of the only reason i ship them soooo much! also, the way Mutsunokami always irritates Kane and the banter they always had ̶(̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶i̶m̶a̶g̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶u̶p̶ ̶s̶e̶x̶)̶ are sooo cute! lol..

Oh, yeah i watched the sub version. ahaha... yup, it was exactly as you described! whiny.. i think, it's not the voice that i have much of a problem, but the way he talks? it sounds kinda.... villain-y (if that makes sense) like he is planning to do something evil XD but, oh, his voice is similar in subbed and dubbed version? that's cool. i've gotta try the dubbed version, then!

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] I am absolutely going to check out these doujins! I just love domestic Kogimika <3 They're such angels. And oh gosh if we can just talk about Mutsunokami and Kane-san's make up sex omggggg! Actually, I don't know who Mutsunokami rooms with! All of the swords have at least one roommate (well not all, but most of them do). Brothers will usually sleep together (like Hizamaru and Higekiri, or all of the little baby swords) unless you have people who are just incredibly close to one another (like Yasusada and Kashuu). Kane and Hori room together, but I wonder if Mutsunokami has a room to his own! That would make things easy haha!

I remember when I first watched Katsugeki (which was subbed) I thought Mika was evil haha! I thought he was going to mess with Kane-san in all kinds of ways and just ruin everything. Katsugeki portrayed some of the characters kind of... oddly. Like they made the first impression of Mika as if he were a bad person and they also altered Kane and Hori a bit. I don't know how far you've gotten in Hanamaru, but in it Kane-san isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. He's not stupid, but he's kind of like... I don't know how to say. He's like a jock almost. And Hori is smarter than him by a long shot. Kane-san will try to be lazy and ignore his chores around the citadel, but Hori manipulates him into doing them and by the time Kane realizes it he's already done everything he needed to do haha! Plus in Hanamaru Hori takes care of Kane-san, not so much the other way around. In Katsugeki it seems like Hori is only just learning the ropes and Kane-san is training him, but in reality Hori arrived to the citadel first and keeps an eye on Kane. (You can stop me and my trivia anytime hahah! I've totally forgotten how far you might have gotten in Hanamaru)

They didn't alter all of the characters. Like Mutsunokami is the same in both animes. Yagen, Tonbokiri, etc are also the same, but considering the show revolves around Kane-san it's funny that he was altered.

7. The following user likes this post by confidant_v:

Yaoi Onlooker
    Credits
    mcra Inventory

I like cp HoriKane. XD~ when I watched Katsugeki, I thought what happened to Kane-san, how he can be so cool that much hahaha. Hori is always cool, and see him like a perfect husband than a wife =)))))

A, i like KogiMika, too. In anime, they dont appear so much, but when appearing, they often appear together. They give me a feeling they like a old couple and Mikazuki was always pampered.

I also like Yagen x Souza, i think there are no many people ship 2 person together, but have a Chinese artist draw many short dou about this cp. I like them a lot XD~

And so many other cp tell about them maybe to tomorrow lol

9. The following 3 users like this post by mcra:

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Hahah Hori really is always cool <3 I adore him and Kane-san. I love the thought of Hori taking care of Kane. They're just the best of husbands!

KogiMika is so sweet too. I think Kogi absolutely pampers Mika! They're both so relaxed and happy and just lazing about drinking tea. It makes me so happy haha! And you ship YagenxSouza? Yeah I actually don't think I've seen that ship around too much but I think I can enjoy it haha! My ship with Yagen is rare too. I guess Yagen is shipped around a lot... Or not enough...?

Please do share your other ships! I have so many as well! Too many to keep listing hahaha!

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    ShizouShizou Inventory
    Sosuke Makoto Rin Haruka

My favorite pairings are the following:

-Tsurumaru/Ichigo (totally stole the place from the first pairing I liked in this fandom and their personalities make them so perfect together).

-Mutsunokami/Izuminokami (I blame Katsugeki for this. And there are some great fics with them in AO3)

-Kogitsunemaru/Mikazuki (the first couple I liked in the fandom. Doujinshis and fanarts are what first attracted me to them before I first heard of Touken Ranbu. They look really good together, after all).

-Yagen/Souza (Rare pair? Yep, rare pair. I got interested in them after reading a AU fanfic where Yagen was a adult and the characters were all reincarnated. There are some works I've seen where Yagen is drawn looking older too, so no shota here. Anyway, I like that younger!seme trope, so this pairing is right up my alley. Although, in Yagen's case, he only looks younger lol)

Other pairings I like, but not with the same intensity as the ones above are:

-Nagasone/Hachisuka;

-Ookanehira/Uguisumaru;

-Shokudaikiri/Ookurikara;

-Tonbokiri/Muramasa;

-Yasusada/Kiyomitsu;
    Last edited by ShizouShizou; 03-15-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles