Ossans' Love (2018 - Japanese BL Drama) - おっさんずラブ

adzy

Ossans' Love: 2018 - Japanese BL Drama

おっさんずラブ

(Sequel to Ossan's Love 2016)

Ossan%27s_Love-P1.jpg

Synopsis:

(

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
)

"Soichi Haruta (Kei Tanaka) is 33-years-old, single and works at a real estate office. He wants to get married, but he isn't popular with women. Soichi Haruta has a comfortable life living with mum. One day, his mother moves out, and tells him to become independent. Soichi Haruta has a hard time living alone. He doesn't know how to do simple things like how to cook or how to do laundry. He begins to live with Ryota Maki (Kento Hayashi). Ryota Maki was sent from the head office to work at the real estate office where Soichi Haruta works. Unlike Soichi Haruta, Ryota Maki is good at cooking and cleaning.

Meanwhile, Soichi Haruta’s senior at work, Musashi Kurosawa (Kotaro Yoshida), is gay and confesses his feelings for Soichi Haruta. Ryota Maki also tells Soichi Haruta that he has feelings for him. Soichi Haruta's peaceful days are completely ruined."

7 Episodes.

Currently being Eng Sub'd by Adam Uni (as of 27-Apr-2018):

Episode 1:

First impression...fantastic! Be prepared to giggle your way through it!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bunny-blu

• Junjou

• adzy

• littlespiral

• 2 weeks later...

GCINEE also updated with links.

Both the movie and the drama

the 1st and 2nd eps made me laugh my a** off. thank you for sharing the subbed link

. looking forward to next episodes!!

This drama is so great! I can't wait to watch episode 5! I'm willing to watch it unsubbed, but due to copyright it keeps getting blocked. It's getting really good a

• 2 weeks later...

OMFG the last episode.....

How frickin' amazing! The feels! Ahhhhhh so happy. I currently have the biggest smile from cheek to cheek :D

Seriously one of the best dramas ever made. The approach they took to tackling the BL genre was simply amazing. Well done.

• 1 month later...

I'm not really into dramas, but seeing several posts about this (and of course, ossan!!), I now wanted to see this! Thank you for sharing this!

The drama was much better than the movie. I think it's because the audience was able to get more into the main actor's psychological mindset as well as his habits. The only thing that I disliked about this drama was that it was too short. The episodes were long but I really wish the ending was much more clear. I mean yes... we know what is going to happen but like an episode after that to explain some stuff would be nice.

• 2 months later...

just in case anyone still haven't watched this, let me tell you about the little late night BL drama that could

this drama became somewhat of a phenomenon in japan this year and is still resonating now long after it ended. during the airing of the final ep it trended no.1 worldwide. it swept japan's drama academy awards winning best drama, best actor, best supporting actor, best screenplay, and best director. and that's going up against prime time dramas in it's season like Black Pean and Hanadan sequel starring Johnny's actors.

blew up with the fanartists on pixiv

all of it's merch outsold, even got an exhibition

Dmyp3wvVAAEdCCH?format=jpg&name=smallDiSOvKoVQAAUVyM?format=jpg&name=small

the OST song, which is originally just a filler track on Sukima Switch's album, became so popular that they and lead actor Tanaka Kei got invited on music station 2 months after the drama ended and they even filmed an MV for it.

Tanaka Kei's popularity has also blown up to enormous proportions after 19 years in the industry. he's everywhere on variety shows and his photobook released 10 years suddenly sold out

the DVD is gonna be released next week so they put up posters in the train station and this is what happened

Dn0tuDEXoAYJDCn?format=jpg&name=small

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently there's going to be a sequel made for this Drama.

a movie of Ossan's Love will be released sometime in the summer of 2019

featuring the same cast as the drama, and set after the series.

I'm really looking forward to it! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you completely!! Ossan's Love is one of the best dramas ever made, it's approach to the BL genre is wonderfully refreshing. I love it so much

I was laughing the whole way through, the main character Haruka is such a clown! XD

there is going to be a sequel in 2019!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

according to this website filming is taking place march to may this year so hopefully we'll see the movie maybe late summer?

• 2 months later...

Any updates regarding the sequel?

Update Commin' at ya!

The movie will be called "Ossan's Love the Movie: Love or Dead" and will be releasing in theaters August 23rd!

Sawamura Ikki and Shison Jun will be joining the cast as new characters.

ossanslove_201904_fixw_730_hq.jpg

a small promotional trailer aired on the show "Good Morning" yesterday and can be viewed (via phone recording) here

I'm super excited to see this movie even if the "dead" in the title has me worried ^_^'

Hearing Jun will be in it has me even more excited though

Update Commin' at ya!

The movie will be called "Ossan's Love the Movie: Love or Dead" and will be releasing in theaters August 23rd!

Sawamura Ikki and Shison Jun will be joining the cast as new characters.

ossanslove_201904_fixw_730_hq.jpg

a small promotional trailer aired on the show "Good Morning" yesterday and can be viewed (via phone recording) here

I'm super excited to see this movie even if the "dead" in the title has me worried ^_^'

Hearing Jun will be in it has me even more excited though

WAITTTT!!.. hol up... is this a new movie?? not the one that came out before the 7 episodes tv drama was released? is this a sequel to the tv drama episodes??? AAAAAAAA...!! >///

WAITTTT!!.. hol up... is this a new movie?? not the one that came out before the 7 episodes tv drama was released? is this a sequel to the tv drama episodes??? AAAAAAAA...!! >///

That's exactly right :)

A movie sequel to the TV Drama.

this is so exciting!! Thank you so much for bringing us the news

• 5 months later...

Apparently the Ossan's Love hype hasn't died down in japan because a new season has been announced

Starting on November 2 the new season will be called Ossan's Love: In the Sky

6a499c9101b59b004a4366f897a09f7e17806c4br1-678-452v2_hq.jpg

There is one issue however. This is apparently less of a season 2 and more of a reboot... :/

In the sky still features Haruta and chief Kurosawa. But Maki is nowhere to be seen.

728f7c0ca9e13fac78323f9ff7426bb648e17442r1-578-531v2_hq.jpg

In the new series Haruta starts a new job as a flight attendant. And Kurosawa is his captain who falls for Haruta.

2 New characters will be joining the main cast

Yudai Chiba will play Naruse Ryu and is Kurosawa's Co-pilot

Totsugi Shigeyuki will play Shinomiya Kaname. A mechanic who is friends with Haruta and cooks for him

I'm honestly kind of disappointed by their decision to reboot the series and erase Maki.

I may still check it out. But I'm nowhere near as excited as I was for the movie. Which STILL doesn't have a DVD release date yet :/

• 6 months later...

Thank you for this info! I was wondering what was going on withthe movie and season 2. I heard Maki wouldn't bein it which is sad, but I might still watch it because Haruta and Kurosawa's silly antics are so funny. XD