Tips on dark, Erotic, well written books, with strong characters, on an adventure :)

Valkyria66

I hope this is the right place to post this question?

If not, please advice me, and I will move it. :)

I'm searching for a well written dark book, with drama, action, Erotica, maybe some comedic moments, interesting world-building, strong relationships and characters, and maybe some banter. ;)

I don't really care which genre, but I like it when they have to fight antagonists to make it, go on some kind of adventure with lots of adversity, go through a trial, or overcome some big obstacles to stay alive.

(Like you usually find in UF/Scifi/paranormal/dystopian/war books.)

I'm also looking for a smart, competent, mean, mentally strong, bad ass, cool, anti hero of a leading man. :) Meaning that he's been through some shit, knows how to fight, and who doesn't have almost any sentimental bones in his body. A leading man that gives you No sugar, and no lovey dovey romance, but who still eventually participates (even if it's unwillingly) as one half of an epic love, (even if he himself would never classify it as such.)

- if that makes any sense?

He will stand by you, fight and die to protect you, but that's almost the only way you know he cares, because he probably won't tell you either with words or other actions. Think "Sin" from "In company of shadows", or Eric from the true blood series. (I wasn't a big fan of the sookie books, so I can only speak to his characterisation in the TV-series.)

For reference of the kind of works I'm looking for, my favourite books are probably "special forces" by Aleksandr Voinov, C.S Pacats Captive prince, and especially the ICOS series by sonny and ais. (Santino Hassell is probably one of my favourite authors, even though I prefer his darker fare.)

I don't have many preferences for the second leading man, other than that he should preferably also be smart, and not weak. I just can't take any more TSTL characters, or people who make a fuss when they obviously need help, or people who sneak in to enemy territory even tough they're bad fighters. Basically people who say "I can do it myself" - even though they can't. That's just frustrating beyond belief ;)

I don't care if the second leading man is a fighter or not, as long as he's not snivelling, and is reasonably competent at what he does, and mostly knows his limitations. Basically that he too, makes mostly rational decisions. (No one is rational all the time, but you get what I mean, hopefully? Haha.)

And if he's also a fighter, that's fine too. I just want two (mostly) mentally strong love interests. I mean sure, all interesting people should have flaws, but again, I hope you get what I'm trying to say. :p just not someone exceedingly weak or stupid.

And I feel really naked describing this, but I guess I'm also looking for some really steamy scenes. I like it physical, explicit, and maybe even a little violent. :$

I like BDSM but it doesn't have to be that. It's hard to find everything you want in one book, so as long as they have really hot Sex, I'm happy. ;) and it doesn't have to be crazy Sex every time they do it, but preferably some of the time at least. ;) Oh my god, I have no problem reading it, but writing all this out loud, makes me feel like a perv. :S

And they don't have to sleep with each other right away, but there really has to be some sparks or at least tension. Sometimes the build up is just as sexy as the coming together you know. ;) (But it isn't important how fast or slow they sleep together, as long as it's explosive when they do.)

I've been in a bit of a slump lately, finding interesting premises, only to be disappointed by lack luster writing. So I guess I'm looking for a well developed world, with well crafted four dimensional characters, who are smart and competent overall. (Not Gary Stus, they should have some flaws, but at least people who make mostly rational choices.)

And i guess I can't stress enough, that I wish for a main antihero grey/black character, who is take charge, bad ass, eventually loyal, but who doesn't know the meaning of sugar and roses. :)

Other authors I like, besides Aleksandr Voinov, C.S Pacat, and Santino Hassell, is Lisa Henry, Cari waites, and Cordelia Kingsbridge.

I've tried the "Administration books" and Quil Carters Fallocast, and I should love it, and I don't know why, but it just doesn't quite hit the spot? I don't know if that helps you get a clearer picture of what I'm looking for, or if it only complicates things, but I though I could at least mention it. ;)

I prefer M/m but I'm open to f/m too, if you know something that fits the bill. :)

And even though I prefer it dark, I'm also open to more mainstream versions of the same theme. As long as it's the same kind.of adventure and adversity, and the same dynamic between characters as I've described here.

And your tip doesn't religiously have to check every box, I just though I'd take a stab at describing my dream book, and see what shakes out of the wishing tree. ;)

(Can you tell that I'm desperate for tips of good books, or what?) ;)

Examples of mainstream writers that I like, who usually follows reasonably close to this template. (Sadly mostly m/f, but still interesting books.)

Larissa Iones demonica series, Kresley Cole, Ilona Andrews Edge series, and a really good example is Ann Aguirres Dread Chronicles (her heroine in that book, is the definition of steel chewing bad-ass-ness (that can't be a word.) ;)

Wow, this got really long?! Sorry about that. :$

Could someone please take pity on me, and help me with some tips? :) I'm laid up from an accident, and I'm really desperate for good books! :)

Thank you so much for reading through my rambling, and thanks in advance for any help you way offer me. :)

Big hugs, and lots of Love. :)

/ Valkyria ♡

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astiara

• Valkyria66

• Jay19

• voide

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
wow wow that's definitely an example of knowing what you want & not being afraid to ask for it reading-wise!:D

Holy crap, I got lost reading the descriptions, so the actual books will probably be amazing. Unfortunately, I cannot help, because the books that I normally read have very little in common with what you're looking for;)

But I want to tag my book-gurus

&
, because they're magic & they might be able to help? Will you, guys?

And

&
(for f/m) because they read way more than I do & are better humans in general;)

My favorite series which fits parts of your description would be Beloved Monsters. And yep, ok, this trilogy is very dark, well-written, has strong bad ass characters, very steamy, a lot of adventures, but it's also not what you're looking for in terms of the relationship dynamics.. there is a certain enemy-to-lovers kind of thing going on, and the adventure is less a few people hiking in the woods & more our main character getting tortured in 50 possible ways. It's still one of mine & Racheal's favorite books (thank you, Racheal!!!), so you should try it out;)

I hope you will feel better soon & the books mentioned here will make the process a bit easier!

wow that was long! A pity icos is out, it is one of my favorite but you already seem to know how good it is Xd

So i will try with another series: "Blessed epoch" by augusta li. It is the first to come to mind after reading your description.obviously it doesn't have all the thing you mentioned (and i read it in my first period with mm books so my opinion could be a little biased).

First it is an adventure based book setted in a fantasy world: we have three and not two main character, a mage an assassin and a warrior. They are a little like the three part of a spectrum, the warrior in the light, the mage in the gray area and the assassins the dark one.

Yarrow,the mage, is a little complicated to describe,being somewhat an emotional bomb: he is a sort of anti-hero being loyal only to himself anl later the other two, he got abused as a child and become possesed by an ancient and powerful being, becoming himself one of the most powerful mage in existence. His mood is volatile but let's say that he doesn't have a problem to flaunt his power and demonstrate that you can't fuck with him.

Next we have sasha, the deadly but sexy as hell assassin's, i don't remember the specific but he got betrayed by his sect and didn't have other choiche but stick with the other two.

He will stand by you, fight and die to protect you, but that's almost the only way you know he cares, because he probably won't tell you either with words or other actions
i think this is him.

Lastly, duncun the warrior, he is my least favourite guy since he is the mostly good one, who struggle to accept the other two. I don't even know what to say about him.

Like i said i read this a lot of time ago so my opinion now could change if i rereaded it, but at the time i liked it very much!(but i only the first 3 read). Especially yarrow when he get one of his murderous haze xd better not make that one angry or he could slay even a god(literally!)

Ok i wrote too much, if i think of something else i will tell you

You could also try "chance assassins" by nicole castle. A real good book but i still don't think it is a dark one. I'm starting to suspect i don't really like the genre. A good adventure with lot of splatter and kick ass guys yes, but i suspect that isn't considered dark xp

I will still mention a couple book and you can give then a look if you like.

Zero at the bone by Jane seville

The beacon hill sorcerer by sj himes

Cethe by becca abbot this one should be dark if my memory isn't Tricking me.

His favourite colour is blood by K.a. merikan

Whenever i see 'dark' i always always think of Bloodraven..read that one yet

?? im so sad you didnt like the Fallocaust series :( ,, its on of my favourites..have you read any of his other books or have you given up on the author?? il list some of the dark (or dark-ish) books, see what fits your descriptions;

TJ klune's Immermorial Year series (im yet to read the second, but i quite liked the first)

Karen Chance's Cassandra Palmer series (M/F UF series)

and iv just recently started on the Shadow Falls series by Justine Sebastian, its supposed to be horror-ish, its kept my interest so far. its not a long list cause most of the books i would have reccomended have either been already or youve already read them (CS Pacat, Larissa Ione, ICOS books, )

And so sorry about your accident :( hope all is well soon

firstly, i hope you're doing okay now. take it easy & concentrate to get better.

dark story isn't my go-to read on daily basis. not on special occasion too. frankly, i prefer my read light & easy. it's good for my mental health hehe..

you've mentioned several works i've read/familiar: CP series, ICoS, Aleks Voinov, Cordelia Kingsbridge. but you didn't mentioned The Foxhole Court (AFTG series) by Nora Sakavic. i remember somewhere

mentioned of this 'trinity' (ICoS, CP series, AFTG series) : )

so maybe you wanna try this.

as for my own recc, yeah, this is not dark but it's paranormal; PsyCop series by JCP.

hope this can help a little. enjoy your read

Hello

! Hope you're doing okay now, or at least feel a little better. As
said, those three books are like my holy trinity, so if you haven't read AFTG, I recommend it.

I have to say tho that there is no sex involved. The most explicit scene you will find is a blowjob. And it's just in the third book the romance starts. There are no ' I love you ' words because the actions demonstrate enough so they are not needed.

It does contain murders, explicit violent scenes, and all the characters are f*ck up in a way.

I'm also looking for a smart, competent, mean, mentally strong, bad ass, cool, anti-hero of a leading man. :) Meaning that he's been through some shit, knows how to fight, and who doesn't have almost any sentimental bones in his body. A leading man that gives you No sugar, and no lovey-dovey romance, but who still eventually participates (even if it's unwillingly) as one half of an epic love, (even if he himself would never classify it as such.)

- if that makes any sense?

He will stand by you, fight and die to protect you, but that's almost the only way you know he cares because he probably won't tell you either with words or other actions. Think "Sin" from "In company of shadows", or Eric from the true blood series. (I wasn't a big fan of the Sookie books, so I can only speak to his characterization in the TV-series.)

This definitely describes the two main characters, especially Andrew. He does not give a shit about others except for his 'family'. I love Andrew. If you read these books, I hope you will love him too.

Thank you so much

! :D

I'm so humbled by all the responses, and all the help you guys are giving me! I thought no one was even gonna have the energy to read through my long rambling, and even less be interested in responding to my crazy specific request. :$

Thank you to much though, it really is invaluable all the tips you guys are giving me. :)

I've been a little down lately, but this is definitely giving me hope for humanity. :) it's crazy how much simple acts of kindness from strangers can mean. :)

But sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, thank you! ♡

I can't find "beloved monsters" but by your description it sounds similar to Jex Lanes "beautiful monsters"? Did you perhaps mean that one? :) I hope I'm not being presumptuous, but if it is that series, I've read it, and I loved it! So thanks for a great tip! :D and I'm (not so patiently) waiting for the fourth book in the series right now, and I can't wait until it comes out! :)

Sadly I'm a little short on time, but I'm gonna give everyone a better respons later, I just wanted to say thank you so much for helping me! :D

And if you remember any move great tips, keep the coming, I'm a fast reader. ;)

I hope you have a lovely easter, and that you get to eat some really good food. :)

Hugs and love, from a crazy appreciative Valkyria! :* ♡

Yeah mochi meant exactly that one! He is in a frenzy Recommending it to everyone XD sadly i haven't read it yet, i would be rambling along otherwise, i really like to chat about books! ^^

Hope you get better soon!

Hi

:)

I just wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to try and help me, even though it maybe isn't your genre. ;)

I looked up all the books you mentioned, and you hit the head of the nail concerning genre, and regarding the kind of relationship between main characters it was close, but not exactly what I was in the mood for right now. ;)

Even though most of them are hard bad asses, or assassins, it seems that they are generally to nice against their love interest. I think I'm a weird person. :$ I mean I might try one of your recommendations later, but right now I'm in the mood for someone with less care and feels, if you know what I mean? :)

Someone who will kill for you, but never dote on you? You only know that you've special, because they won't let you die, but that's about it in the mushy feelings department. ;)

But I still REALLY appreciate your help, like a told mochi, I'm so humbled and overwhelmed with gratitude for all your answers! :D and i have read som K.A. merican (I always snicker a little at his/her fun pseudonym.) It's always a good time when I'm in the mood for some candy-reading. (You know, not as serious, well edited, or heavy as some other books, but still really entertaining.)

Like I said, I think there's sometime wrong with me, I want action, Sex, violence, and maybe some kind of soulmate connection going on, but without the actual romance. :p

It's a weird, precise, and very hard found ask, hence my begging for help. :p

But I still REALLY appreciate that you took the time to try and help me. :D it's my own damn fault for having so unique tastes, that it's hard to find a match. Still, thanks a million! :D

Have a wonderful day! :D

Hugs ♡

Yeaaah i know i mentioned too much assassin's out there, sorry they are one of my kink xp

And i mostly understand what you ask But i really don't know what to suggest, i remember some "will kill for you" but not without some feeling back there.

Besides what do you mean k.a. merican as candy read? Ok i only read that one but it had some disturbing scene. And nothing is wrong with you otherwise i would also already be Interned at an insane asylum.xp (consider, my favorite scene in that k.a.merican was when Grim was skinning alive two men.i am certifiable aren't i?)

I must have some dark title because i remember downloading them but they still have to be read so i can't make suggestion sorry xd

If i remember any other title i will tell you!^^

Edit:

Stupid me i just remembered one!sorry it has assassin again but it also has action, violence, sex not really romance because it is a continue mindfuck and you can't understand if they really care or are just using the other and...well try it i think i nailed the not relationship thing and want to say more but really can't make spoiler on this one. The name is "Where death meet the devil" by l. J. Haieard.

Ah but it still isn't dark...i don't think.

Wait what? Haha! Hi again

I have chosen "threaded/mixed view" and I don't know if I've made some kind of mistake, but it feels like this was your first message, and what I responded to earlier was your second? But they appeared to me, the other way around? :$ so I didn't know that this message was also from you, until I had already answered the other message, and then later scrolled down. Wow, that got unnecessarily complicated. ;)

You see, I don't have so much energy right now, so I was just answering every message from top to bottom, one at a time, and I didn't realise until now, that this message wasn't from a different author! XD (unless I'm mistaken somehow, and this isn't also from you, I'm a little technologically challenged.) ;)

Anyway, I thought you didn't like my specifik genre,

But if you're a fellow ICOS fan, then you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about though! :D because that is precisely what I'm looking for! ICOS was my first M/m book, and after that I was sold! I just love those books, it's probably one of my all time favorite book series! :) And ever since then I've been searching for that same "high" and never really found it.. :p

it's been a few years since I read it last, and of course you find a few books made of golf here and there, but they're few and far in between. And even if they're really good, almost nothing measures up to what I felt reading ICOS, so you could say that I'm really jonesing for that same feeling again! :)

I mean no one wants to read a carbon copy, but I still want to experience the same feeling I got on the inside when I read those magical books. :$

I want to read about a character like sin again, I want a complex interesting world, complicated politics, deep mythology, interesting side characters, unsurmountable odds, danger, violence, action, hot Sex, an unruffable leading man, with ice in his veins, and characters that have no choice at first but to be on the same team, and then it develops to something more important.. :) and also it's just so well written, even with typos and other minor faults, it just draws you in to the story so beautifully, and then keeps your attention for the duration!

Basically I want another ICOS, I want a series that makes the people around me, have to make use of a Crow bar, to get me to leave the book for food breaks, because I'm so invested. ;)

I want to be so immersed in this other world, that I truly forget about all my own problems for a while. :$

I thought maybe you couldn't relate to what I was looking for, (and that would have been totally fine of course) but you do understand though! :) firstly because you've read ICOS, and hence know what I want, and secondly by recommending these "blessed Epoch" - books. They sound really interesting! :)

I never thought that anyone was going to answer me, and much less come up with something I would get excited by (as I admittedly have weirdly specific tastes) but this sounds right on the money! :D

oh, I'm so excited, thank you thank you thank you! :D ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

i know how you feel, i have also searched for book like icos but never really found another one like that. I did find some really good book which i really love, but they are a different. I have one series for you, it is not that kind of dark but it has a fantastic story and a deep world /mithology, the insurmontable odd and action.there is not hot sex since it is more of a young adult (so be advised you will get teeneger) but the story is fantastic. The series is called "the ark trilogy" by jesse daro, when you pass your "dark" mood try giving it a look ;)

and yes those message were all mine xp

You know i have read another couple book by santino hassell but honestly i didn't like them, i think icos was different because they were 2 author and really invested in that series. I remember reading that the series started as a joke! Xd

Hi

:)

Thank you so much for helping me out! :D

I'm so sorry I haven't answered you until now, I really didn't mean to be rude, I just don't feel to good from time to time, and as such, I don't have much energy. So I've been answering the messages from top to bottom, whenever I feel a little better. :)

But I really want you to know how incredibly appreciative I am for all your tips! :D

Yes, I've read bloodraven, and i kind of liked it. It's been a while now, so I don't remember exactly what I thought or why, but I remember that I liked it enough to read more from the same author, even though it wasn't a slam dunk (so to speak) for my weird tastes. ;)

And I'm sorry I didn't find the same joy you did, in reading Fallocast. I didn't dislike it or anything, and I can't really put my finger on why, but after reading the first book, I just didn't have any drive to continue the series. It's the same story there, it's been a while, so I don't really remember the particulars, but there was something about it that didn't quite gel for me, sadly. But I'm glad that you liked it! :D I do have some more books in the series, as well as some other "side books" but I haven't found the drive to read them yet. But I'm keeping them, because I do want to give Quil Carter more chances to seduce me. ;)

Yes, I do have the first book in the Immemorial Year series, but I haven't found the courage to read it yet, haha. It sounds intriguing, and I shall read it someday, but it also sounds heavy, depressing and a little scary, so I guess I'm building up to it. ;)

I love blood, action, violence, suspense and dark themes, but I've never been a big fan of horror, it's a really thin line, and I don't mind some scary stuff, but I balk when there's creepy crawlies hiding in the bushes, slowly scaring you to death, haha. I don't know if this makes any sense, but I guess I don't mind a nail biting scene, when something terrible happens to the main characters, but I can't take the "sitting on the edge of my seat-half terrified to death for most of the book-feeling". ;)

That gives me real life nightmares, and I REALLY hate those. ;) My own daily life is enough of a nightmare I suppose, haha.

How scary is the shadow falls series? Because it sounds like a great book, and I'm intrigued, but I don't want to be afraid and tense with fear all the way through? I'm not great with words, so I don't know if I'm describing this so anyone can understand me? Take the ICOS books for example, I mean they are dark and suspenseful, and they have scary moments, but I'm not terrified when I'm reading it, because mostly it just gives me a great feeling inside, does that make any sense? :$

(Another ICOS-series, is by the way exactly what I'm looking for, as they are probably one of my favourite stories of all time!)

It's easy and heavy at the same time, it's well written, and it's well balanced, as there's hope and some light moments in the dark. I guess I can't take it if it's just dark and depressing all the time, I seem to need some redeeming qualities too. ;)

Thank you for the cassandra palmer tip though! That's a quick easy, funny ride! Like I said in my ask, I like to vary my reading with some light fluffy, mainstream fare sometimes. ;) I've just started book number three, and i really like the worldbuilding. It's interesting mythology, interesting characters, alot of unusual "monsters" and alot of new takes on already established ones. :)

I am however a little irritated by miss Palmer herself sometimes. She wasn't as stupid in the first book as she was in the second. I literally wanted to smack her upside the head alot of times in the second book! And the writer has some weird fetish for alot of exposition in the middle of an action scene, where she suddenly explains the history of some inane object, and you have to wait two pages, to see if whomever's in trouble will get their throat ripped out or not. ;)

And I don't think I've ever said this before in my life, but it's almost to much action, haha? And sometimes it just happens to much at the same time, it's like she's fighting with a room full of mages, and then suddenly she's fighting with zombie Elvis, and there's a bucket of guts, and there's three old ladies with one eye between them, who are also amazon's, and the guy who was Cassandras ally three seconds ago, is mad about something, so he's fighting her too, and a vampire is trying to help her through a floor hatch, and she's just about to shift time, when she realises that her pet cowboy ghost Billy, is stuck somewhere in a magical portal to fairy, and then there's a zombie waiter too, and he's trying to eat a bystander who got the bucket of guts all over her, and she has to save her, and then in the middle of it all, the fake shrunken head is telling werewolf-jokes, so she shoves a napkin in its mouth, and there's magic, shotguns, knives, fists, hairpulling, wards, panther tattoos that's alive, Casanova the half demon succubus ghost/half vampire is there too, and then suddenly everything is on fire! Hahahaha! XD

it's really funny, and I enjoy alot of her adventures, but sometimes a few things is enough! And I mean she's made enemies with the dark circle, white circle, the vampire senate, another timeshifter, the fairy king, some specific rouge vampires, a rouge mage, and god knows who else. ;) whoo..

it's funny, but sometimes it's just a little much! XD

And sometimes you realise, that for all the action, and for all the adventures, sometimes the actual story haven't really advanced that much..

Book one started with her wanted to kill Tony, book two started with her wanting to kill Tony. Book three starts with her wanting to kill Tony.. But she's dragged into so much else, she never really gets anywhere! ;) And there's plot holes, inconsistencies, and some things that we where told in book one, is straight up changed or forgotten. (Not changed as in she got new information, but changed as in the author forgot what she said, and now tells me something completely different.)

And alot is also changed because she actually gets new information, and then that new information is changed for even newer information. And also the author forgets her own rules. She said in book one, that a clairvoyant pretended to have a vision that she didn't have to be a virgin to get power, and she said this, not because it was true, but simply because she wanted a lover. In book two however, it is treated as a stone cold fact, that if you don't sleep with someone, you don't get the power. And the power will even try to get you to sleep with someone, because it wants to complete the ritual. But how can that be, when for thousands of years, only virgins received the full power, until a horny girl, lied to get laid. So in reality, the established fact, is that the power doesn't give a shit if you have Sex or not! But in book number two, half the story revolves around how important it is to have Sex to get power. Gaah!

And it's also established that x can't become y, if she kills cassandra, and still she tries repeatedly to kill cassandra, even though that would wreck her established goal.

Ahh.. it's a glorious mess, and weirdly enough, I still want to read it! XD

I guess that's the mark of some kind of successful storytelling, in the middle of the mess. ;)

But I can live with all that, the few things that makes me actually irritated though, is that Cassandra has gotten stupider. She doesn't think, she doesn't plan, she refuses to acknowledge her limitations, she whines about how everyones death is her fault, even though she have NOTHING to do with it.

She argues when she really should shut up, and she's silent when she really should talk. And I don't mind her not knowing alot, but I do mind that she never really makes any real effort to learn. And even knowing that half the world wants to kill her, and that she can't possibly survive it, she still refuses a really long time, to take the steps she needs, to actually have a shot. (Just taking the steps, would actually relive her of half her enemies, and giving her the chance to fight the rest, not to mention that it would solve a whole heap of other problems. And still she refuses at least three really smart things she could do. That kind of heroine, just eventually drives me mad.)

And what probably makes me the most crazy, especially with her having grown up with vampires, and with her totally excepting of their ways, having no problem with most of their customs, like bargaining, knowing you are expendable, and that she accepts easily that they punish mistakes by death, so why, for the love of god, does she refuse to kill people who have tried to kill her repeatedly, who never will reform or learn, who can't be contained, and who are an enorm danger to all she loves, and to the entire world for that matter?! Why?!

But nooo, poor Cassie just can't kill that poor, innocent, horrible, treacherous, murderous enemy of hers?! Gah, that makes me want to tear my hair out! Grow up, girl!

Wow, sorry, I seem to have gone on an unplanned little tangent there. ;) I just finished book two, and I guess I needed to vent a little.. :p I guess it just frustrates me, because it has so much potential, the world, the mysteries, the characters.. it's just so well though out, and so entertaining, and i just want her to be a tiny bit smarter, learn faster, fight better, plan better, and i guess I wish her editor had polished it one more time. ;)

But still, with all my complaining, still I want to read more! But I guess I complain because I like it, and i just wish it was a tiny bit better, because it has so much promise, and I really like it over all. This is definitely my new guilty pleasure! :D

So thanks a million for introducing me to it! :) sorry for all the complaining though, I really wasn't planning on it, it just sort of came out! :$

I do have a little problem though, I'm a really fast reader, and i only have the first five books.. I've searched high and low for the last three, but for the life of me, I can't find them!

I guess I sound a little crazy, complaining like a banshee about the books, and then crying because I can't find the rest of them. ;)

But I guess it's like that saying "you complain most, about the ones you love and care about." ;)

You wouldn't happen to have the last three books, and be willing to share them? :$ :) of course you don't have to, and I'm sorry for putting you on the spot, I really don't expect anything, but I guess it never hurts to ask. :)

And right now I'm desperate for escapism to help relieve the pain, so I'm sorry if I'm a little forward! :$

But either way, even if you don't have (or want to) share the books, thank you so much for answering me, :) and sorry again for taking so long to answer you back. And I'm thrice sorry for making this post so crazy long, it really wasn't my intention, but the words just started flowing for some reason. :$

I hope you get to have a great weekend soon, and thank you so much for all your help, it's invaluable! :D

Big hugs, and lots of love. ♡

/ Valkyria♡

oh gosh that was a mouthful,,, but no worries, i like long messages because it means that the person has a lot to say and i love hearing what people have to say, esp when they're passionate about the same things i am!

im so glad that you that you read the cassandra books!! i absolutely loved the world that was created but i do agree wholeheartedly with what you say. often throughout the series i kept thinking that Cassie could do with being a little more ruthless in her dealings, You said you're on the 2nd book? then i guess i can really say much cause i read up to book 5 and part of 6....i dont want to spoil it for you so let me know when you finish or when you get to book 5 then il really let my thoughts out :);) !! i think i can find the books you want, if i do il send you the links :)

as for Shadow Falls, im still on the first book, not that im a slow reader but that i read a lot of books at the same time,,i was hesitant to recc it because i hadnt read it yet (i dont recc books i havent read) but so far im liking it!! haha unlike you, i have absolutely no problem with horror ;) i love a good horror now and then, when an unseen monster terrorises the town! and this series looks like it is exactly that kind of story,, i have my guesses what and who the monster is, but im not exactly sure , and i think thats one of the aspects thats keeping me going. I tend to give up real quick if the book is predictable, it becomes boring, but this one isnt so yay! It has interesting characters, and a creepy morgue guy who i need to read more of ;) (i sometimes tend to like the bad guys and the creepy guys more than the hero,). But, ya, it is horror, not too much a gory horror, more of a scary thriller horror. That being said, i dont read this book at night though lol,, I guess from my description it passes the thin line huh?? :)

And im so sorry you're in pain my friend, i really do hope you get better soon :(

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok this thread is pretty old but have you read call the coroner by Avril Ashton it's amazing and I'm looking for a book EXACTLY like the one you want. If you found any good ones let me know plz