The Lion’s Den [Shisu-Chan00&Hideki](Private)

-Hideki-

“I don’t dance!” it came from Glover when Ezra said that jazz made one want to dance. It wasn’t that Frederick couldn’t dance, surprisingly for a man who seemed as strict and stiff as him he could dance well enough and hadn’t done a bad job when he had to learn partnered dances like the waltz in school back then, he just didn’t do it. He didn’t see the point. The girl he had danced with from the girl’s part of the school who had come over for the dancing lessons only had said that dancing for her was an expression of the joy of living and maybe that was why the judge didn’t dance, because he didn’t feel any of that joy.

That sad smile on his face didn’t escape him when Ezra said that slaves didn’t get the opportunity to see life bands. Maybe for slaves who worked for citizens that was true but Frederick remembered the mansion of his parents and all the parties and galas his mother had given in their home, all the important people from the party and their home slaves serving them. There had always been a life band. No jazz for sure, his mother found that type of music frivolous, bad influence and rebellious. No, it had been classical assemblies and folklore. “At my parents house they had.” He said. “Don’t the citizens celebrate parties the slaves serve at?” he wanted to know. “I always hated those parties.” He added.

After he had asked what a taco was he got confronted with another word that he was about to ask the meaning of because he had never heard about a tortilla before but when he was told that it was bread he was able to understand the explanation. “So it’s bread with meat. I have eaten that for breakfast sometime before.” The judge stated and he had, in different kinds of variations. Bacon, eggs and bread, sausages and bread, all that kind of dishes one had for breakfast. What Ezra described sounded more like eating what Glover either gave Percival or threw into the garbage though and it made him a little sceptical. It turned out that apparently he didn’t have the ingredients for it anyway though and he was half thankful for that.

The servant then suggested that they’d make pasta and that was something Glover actually knew. “I’ve gotten this as a kid often. With minced meat sauce.” He stated and he was absolutely not averse to the idea to eat this again although he had not had it since ages. It surprised him though when the other spoke further and explained how it would be easier for him if Fred just said something he wanted and that he wasn’t used to choose and that it was new and confusing to him and it was exactly how Glover felt too just the other way around. “It is for me too.” He told him. “To let someone else choose and to not demand what I want.” he added. “I’m not less confused and it would be easier to continue as it was too but .....” he scratched his chin and shook his head.

“Do you see me as something more than just your Master?”

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -Hideki-

• Shisu-Chan00

Ezra laughed lightly and shook his head, ?Maybe we should change that, I wouldn?t mind dancing with you.? He smiled a little, noticing the mans sad smile and wanting to make him small instead. He hated seeing him so upset and sad, he wished he could see the man completely happy for once. Ezra leaned back on his hands, his legs dangling over the counter still. His head tilted a little to listen to Fredrick and he sighed lightly shaking his head. ?No, the citizens aren?t as?extravagant as the Masters.? He looked away from his master and smiled lightly. ?They had small parties, normally with their families or close friends but nothing as large as what you?re talking about. There was never any music, mostly just drinking and games.? He shrugged lightly and peered back up to Fredrick.

Ezra smiled lightly up to his master as he started to understand the foods he was speaking of. It was wild how different their food styles were depending on their status. He was thankful though that his master was okay with eating pasta and he couldn?t help but feeling a little more happy about it. That was, until his master spoke further.

He tilted his head slightly and listened intently. That was, until he heard his masters question. A blush lightly formed on his cheeks and he smiled lightly, ?I shouldn?t?because of what we are but, yes. I see you as more than just my master. At first it was just a title and that?s what you were to me. That was until I realized that you weren?t completely awful. I?ll be honest I was terrified to become your slave?? He paused a moment and looked up to Fred. ?These past few weeks have been amazing. You?ve been more open with me and I feel like maybe we are growing closer to one another? I just don?t want to think that I?m the only one who feels differently. Do you?see me as more than a slave Frederick?? His brown eyes tilted up, peering into his masters face with a look of hope and fear.

Apart of him was hopeful that his master did see him as something more than just a possession, even if it wasn?t love for him he just hoped it was something else. The other part of him was terrified that Fred would tell him he had no other feelings for him. His heart stopped and his stomach jumped just thinking about it. He didn?t know what he would do if Fred opened his mouth right now and said no, you?re just a slave to him. It would probably hurt him enough he would become just that, a slave and nothing more. He would miss their interactions, their experiences together. Being held at night like he mattered and being taken out, bought new clothes, and took him to go hiking with him. He just wished he was hoping for something that was real and not giving himself false hope.

Glover looked like a pig into the clockwork when he heard the auburn haired man suggest that they’d change the fact that Fred didn’t dance, mentioning that he wouldn’t mind dancing with him. The idea seemed absurd, nearly abstract to him and not due to the idea of himself dancing but the thought of dancing with another man, someone he liked... He had never once seen two men dancing together. Would it be different to dance with Ezra, whom he was attracted to, whom he liked, than dancing with some women because he had to, because his status and social conventions dictated it? And how would that even look like? Them dancing? Wouldn’t it look ridiculous? And who’d follow the steps the man had to make and who the ones of the woman? Glover had only learned the male ones obviously. “Would you like that?” he wanted to know. “Dance with me I mean?” the blond wanted to know and somehow he was getting nervous and curious at the same time. “I never danced anything other than classical partnered dances though.” He informed the other because if the shorter man intended to dance with him to jazz music or anything the blond would have no idea how to dance to this.

His heart was pounding like crazy in his chest and he felt like it was breaking through and falling out any minute when Ezra told him that he indeed didn’t only see his master in him. It made him happy. It was a relieve. It was what he had wanted to hear. But when the man spoke further the blond judge turned his eyes and face away from the brown gaze of the other. ‘realised that you weren’t completely awful’ the other said, that he had been terrified to be his slave and it oddly enough created a feeling of shame within Frederick and he regretted how he had treated the other man at the beginning. “Terrified.” He mumbled ruefully.

He turned his head back towards the other man though when the servant spoke about how the past weeks had been amazing, how he felt like they had been getting closer and expressed the hope for it to not be one sided. Fred understood that wish. He too wished that he wasn’t the only one who had not been able to shield himself from developing feelings for the other man. Hoped that the frightening change that he made wouldn’t end with him having been dragged outside to be left standing in the rain alone!

The answer whether Glover saw more than just a slave in Ezra was clear and he had thought it was clear to the other man too or so he had thought. But apparently the auburn haired wasn’t less insecure about this than him as he asked him as well and Glover was getting tense. He wasn’t used to articulating his feelings, to admit something like that to another person. Heck, he even had trouble admitting it to himself. Hence he turned his gaze to the side. “I’d never let someone I’d see merely a slave in touch me on his own will. I’d not give him the freedom to choose anything. And I’d not take him on a hiking trip.” Fred told him. “I’d never kiss someone who was merely a slave to me Ezra.” He added, stepped forward, took Ezra’s face between his hands, leaned down and kissed him, kissed him deeply and passionately.

Ezra smiled a little and nodded, “Yes, I would like to dance with you. I don’t mind dancing a waltz or another traditional dance with you. Once living with a citizen I had to teach the youngest son to dance for his wedding.” He chuckled lightly and tilted his head looking over at Glover. He couldn’t help but smile at the memory, it was rather cute. The young man kept stepping on his toes and trying too hard to focus on his feet. The kid was not very coordinated but that didn’t stop him from trying again and again to get the waltz down. He wanted to dance with Glover, it would be fun, or so he thought.

Ezra waited silently for his masters response to his own question. He had wanted badly to think that Fred liked him as something more than just a slave. Would it be so bad to think that Fred may be starting to have feelings for him? Was he going crazy? He sure hoped not, he basically just told Fred that he was falling for him and if he was rejected now he didn’t know what he would do.

Thankfully his master seemed to be just as insecure as he was. It gave him a little hope that maybe Fred was hoping he would say what he had said. Even though Ezra realized that Fred was more kind to him now than he was when they first met, he was worried that it wasn’t what he thought it was. When they first met Ezra had heard a little bit about Fred from his citizen master. It wasn’t unknown to most that the judge wasn’t the nicest man in the world. He was cold, stand-offish, and sort of an asshole in basic common conversation. Ezra was scared to become his slave, scared he was going to treat him rather poorly. Sure enough his first day was not the greatest, hell his entire first week wasn’t the best but slowly it got better. Slowly Fred started to let him in, started to tell him what was going on in his mind. Even let him sleep in his bed with him, cuddled up to him like a couple. It must have been a shock to Fred. Ezra had never heard of the judge with a woman, or a man obviously. He didn’t think he had it in him to show emotion like he was.

Ezra let the air he was holding escape his lips in a shaky sigh as he heard Glover speak. He watched his master’s eyes tilt away from him as he started to speak. Of course it made sense that Fred had never let anyone touch him on their own will, or the freedom to do as he wished, or go out of his way to show him something that was sacred to the judge himself. Something he had never shown anyone else, Ezra should have noticed but he was worried he was misreading things between him and the judge. A blush lightly formed over Ezra’s cheeks as he heard the last sentence, his eyes moving to meet Glovers as he felt a hand touch his face. A soft smile formed on his lips, his eyes closed, and he welcomed his master’s kiss. Ezra felt his legs shift slightly, opening a space for his master’s lower half to fit between his legs and lightly clenched his shirt in his hands. When their lips parted he smiled up to him and shook his head, “I was worried I was misreading you…you’re not the easiest to figure out you know. I’m glad that…that things are mutual.” He leaned into Fred, wrapping his arms around his neck as their chests touched one another thanks to their closeness.

He kissed him deeply in return, running his hands through the blonde curls of Fred. His breathing was growing heavier, his body hotter, and he couldn’t help but gently moan against Fred’s lips. He pulled away from the kiss, panting softly. “Fred…” The mans name fell off his lips softly as he gently caressed the man’s face. His fingers lightly tracing the man’s cheekbones before shifting his weight to get closer to the man. His hands slowly ran down the man’s shoulders, chest, and lightly trailed over his waistline. He wanted him, but he didn’t know if his master was feeling up for something so physical after a day out hiking. “We should probably start making dinner right?” he asked with his blush slowly dying from his cheeks as he calmed down a little.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a spark appearing in Glover’s blue eyes upon hearing Ezra express that he wanted to dance with him and that he didn’t mind traditional dances. Somehow he was looking forward to it. To experience this with the other and to maybe find that he liked it after all, that it wasn’t a joyless, sterile following of a row of steps and movements to look gracious and present oneself on social events. The auburn haired made it seem more interesting, like something that could be fun.

It surprised him to hear that the servant had taught a citizen boy how to dance for his wedding. He had never heard of slaves teaching their owners how to dance, at least in his class there were renowned dancing teachers who did so. “I learned it at school.” He told the other looking through a painting that could have hung in a hunting lodge on the kitchen wall. “There was that strict old hag with that stick that she used to correct posture. And they brought the girls from the girl’s school over for those lessons and the atmosphere changed, everyone seemed tingly and excited.... I hated it!” Fred told the other and that was a first for him as he had hated all those things in silence all his life.

As he kissed the other man with burning desire his body was filling the space Ezra was giving him automatically, his hands held tight and his heart was pounding as he felt how the shorter man was clinging onto his neat white shirt. The judge was left slightly out of breath when their lips parted and he looked into those warm brown eyes when the other was smiling up at him, telling him that he had been worried that he had misread things and that Frederick wasn’t the easiest to read. “I know.” The blond man said and left out the part where not being easy to read had been his life assurance ever since puberty had hit him. He was only still there because he wasn’t easy to read. Then again Fox had read him .... No, Fox had not read him, he had observed him and now he was dragged into a mess.

The voice of his servant brought his mind back on track and he nodded when he heard him say that he was glad that it was mutual. “Me too.” Was what the blond man managed to mumble before his slave kissed him deeply again and their lips were clashing feverishly and full of want. One of his hands was squeezing Ezra’s arse, the other was roaming over his side while he felt the man’s hand mess up his orderly blond hair. When their lips parted the judge was filled with heat and his blue eyes were glowing and it didn’t help when he heard the man speak his name like that whilst caressing his face. It made him tremble, made him weak in his knees, it was ever so weird and it made him want to rip the clothes off of Ezra’s body.

But then the man reminded him of the dinner they had been about to make. “We should.” He spoke with a cough and made a step back. Yes he wanted him. He was heated up but more than that he wanted to make those new couple experiences. Wanted to know how it was to spend an evening doing stuff like that together. To cook, to eat dinner, to dance and to then sleep with each other. It was something he had never once done in his life. They could fuck each other’s lights out later, he could show Ezra those other outfits he was hiding in the cellar the man had dared him to show him another time, now they’d make this dinner and for that they needed noodles.

Right. Fred’s blue eyes were wandering over the cupboards in the kitchen, then he turned to the slave again. “Where do I have noodles?” he asked because although this was technically his kitchen he had no idea where he could find anything in it. Other than the alcohol that was.

Ezra smiled lightly as he realized that his master wasn’t going to get upset at him for wanting to dance with him. It was a good feeling. Their kiss almost solidified that for him and he pulled Glover closer to him the best he could. When they parted Ezra felt a light blush on his cheeks. Glover was looking into his eyes and he felt that they were feeling the same thing. They were falling for one another and Ezra was so happy that it wasn’t one sided.

It made him even happier to hear his master agree that he was happy the feelings were mutual. The kiss that followed was full of passion and their lips clashed against one another with the ferocity of it. Ezra felt a hand roam down his sides and squeeze his ass. He pushed his hips closer to Glovers, wanting to be as close to him as possible. When they parted Ezra caressed his cheek and spoke his name once more, almost beckoning him to take him but knowing all too well they needed to eat. They could sleep together later, possibly after dinner.

Ezra blushed lightly and smiled a little hopping off the counter. His cheeks were still flushed and his body still wanted to be used but he decided it was better to eat than anything else. He couldn’t help but chuckle as Glover asked about noodles. “I’ll get everything don’t worry.” He waved a hand and made his way to the pantry. He reached up on a high shelf, barely able to get the box of noodles before he closed the pantry.

He got the rest of the ingredients and the pans he would need and put them on the stove. He then smiled over to Glover, “Alright do you want to cut up some onions for me? It’s easy!” he handed Glover two onions and motioned over to the knives behind him. “I’ll get water boiling for the noodles and after you finish cutting these up we can cook the meat together!” he was excited to cook with Glover but he also wanted it finished. His body was still warm from their “small” kiss not moments ago and he was practically aching for Glover.

He moved to Glover and put a cutting board in front of him on the counter. He then put the two onions to the side and grabbed a knife from the drawer. He sat the knife next to the onions and peered up at Glover, “You think you can handle this?” he was teasing him of course, not meaning it in any bad way. He just hoped that Glover would understand and not take it to heart that Ezra didn’t think he could do something so simple. Then again, Glover had never cooked for himself. It would make perfect sense if he were unable to cut onions alone. Ezra didn’t mind helping him either, he would rather that happen than him cut his finger. He just hoped that if he needed help Glover wouldn’t be too prideful to reach out for some help.

Ezra then turned from the counter and put some water into the pan he would be using to cook the pasta. He then turned the stove on high to wait for the water to boil. Basically what he was making was pasta with red meat sauce. Nothing too exciting but still yummy enough that Glover would eat it. He didn’t have the stuff to make homemade sauce so thankfully there was store bought sauce in the pantry. He would cook the meat before adding the sauce and the onions to it.

When Ezra said that he’d get everything when he had asked the man where to find the noodles he wasn’t so sure if that wouldn’t defeat the purpose of them doing this together if the other man did everything himself in the end anyway. However he was soon distracted by the auburn haired male’s body stretching up to reach the noodles from a shelve, his blue eyes roaming over it, checking his figure out, landing on that hot, round arse in those expensive trousers, the fabric accentuating it’s form perfectly. Glover probably should buy the man a stool or something else he could stand on to reach the high shelves better considering that he was short in height but if he did so he’d not be able to see that sight of his body stretching like that anymore and that’d be a pity and as egotistical as it was he’d refrain from getting anything that’d take the opportunity to ogle the other like that away from him.

He was still staring at the man when onions were pressed into his hands and he looked from the handsome face of his servant onto the onions in his hands when the other suggested that he shall cut them. Soon he was handed a cutting board and a knife and was asked if he could accomplish this task. “Yes.” The man said confidently but just as he had said that he wasn’t so sure anymore. Glover had cut stuff before. He was cutting his food while eating and in their school they had had survival classes. Everyone had to be a scout every once in a while where they all headed into the forest and since they were all from comfortable, high-class homes, all born to be masters most of them had hated it. In those survival classes they had learned how to use a knife and they had carved sculptures out of wood they had found. Fred had not been particularly amazing at it but he could have been worse.

The judge was sure that he’d manage. He started off by pealing the onion and then began to cut it somehow. He didn’t know how it had to be cut so he thought he’d make a dog out of the onion. And as he was cutting the onion into the figure of a dog he realised that the bloody thing and its sharp smell was burning in his nose and not only his nose but his eyes too. And soon his eyes started to water and he threw the onion onto the cutting board, wiping his eyes with his hands, what was a mistake, a huge mistake as they felt as though they were on fire. “Fuck!” he cursed, water leaking out of his eyes. “What is that shit!” he cursed and ran over to the sink, washing his hands and then holding his face under water clearing out his eyes. “This was a stupid idea.” He found. “I can’t cook.” He was discouraged completely. “This is disgusting.” He found, feeling the water running out of his eyes to be a gross, undignified feeling.

When he pulled his head out of the sink for good his face was drenched, his hair was wet and water was running onto this white shirt as he leaned against the kitchen counter crossing his arms in front of his chest, looking like a stubborn, spoiled rich kid who hadn’t gotten what it wanted.

Was he pissed about the whole onion thing in the first moment watching Ezra professionally go about his business in preparing the food, watching him doing all of it like it was nothing was calming him down again. The servant had something graceful while doing that, something elegant when Fred had looked like a complete moron with water running out of his bloody eyes. No! No he didn’t want to leave it at that. Not leave that kind of impression. Hence he went back to the onion and grabbed the knife again going through with it although his nose was itching and the water in his eyes blurring his vision. In the end he had cut both onions. Into a dog and his owner! Like a carving. “There.” He said, shoving the cut onions towards the auburn haired on the cutting board feeling like a hero for having done that, regardless of how disgusting his eyes and face felt.

Ezra left the other man to cut the onions while he started to prepare the noodles to be cooked. He figured he would be able to do this task without much trouble. He should have known. Half way into cutting the onions Fred’s eyes started to water and he started to wipe his face. Ezra knew immediately that his eyes were going to burn. He watched as Fred moved to the sink and washed out his eyes. He knew he could be there for comfort but something told him that Glover wanted to be alone while he suffered this loss. He continued to prepare, peering over at glover here and there. “Are you okay?” he asked once Fred had gotten up and moved to cut the onions once more.

He must have been because an answer wasn’t given. Instead Ezra heard the sounds of chopping behind him, and the light sniffles from his master. He would be lying if he said he didn’t think that was cute. Although his master wasn’t the kindest man, nor the most gentle but he could still be cute here and there. After a few more minutes Glove finished cutting the onions and presented them to Ezra on the cutting board. He looked so proud, his chest puffed out in accomplishment of something he himself made. Ezra smiled brightly and he leaned up kissing Fred on the cheek, “Perfect! Now bring the cutting board over here. We are going to cook the meet now. Basically you want to push the meat around until there is no more pink.” He smiled a little and held up hamburger meat. He sat it down and put it in the pan, using a spatula to break it apart. He then reached over and turned on the stove.

“Alright, take this.” He handed Glover the spatula and looked up at him with an encouraging smile. “Now all you want to do Is move it around, make sure you get every side of it so it cooks evenly. When the meet is brown that’s when it’s finished cooking. Do you understand?” he motioned to his hand which lay ontop of Glovers on the spatula. He gently guided Glovers had around the meat, breaking it up more in the pan and pushing it about in the pan. “Just like this.”

He knew that Glover wanted to do this, wanted to cook with him. He loved it, loved that he wanted to spend time with him that didn’t include sex or work. He knew that it meant a lot of to him to make this simple meal and it actually taste good. Something so simple wouldn’t normally make someone happy but Glover never really had to make himself anything. He is pampered, the elite, the best of the best and he never had to lift a finger in his own home. Ezra didn’t think he wanted to change completely but simple things like this brought the two of them closer together. It sort of helped blur the lines of social class and allowed them to feel like just two people cooking together.

That bright smile and the kiss to his cheek made him feel even greater about what he had achieved there. Fred wasn’t an idiot he knew that it was merely an everyday task for other people, that it was something basic and not that big of a deal but to him it was. That he was even trying to do it and had gone through with it despite how unpleasant it had been was something to appreciate. Something he hadn’t ever seen himself doing so to him it was special after all. It was a first for him. And while he’d definitely not fight over getting to cut onions ever again he didn’t regret having done it. Though he definitely smelled like onion now. His hands did.

The judge listened to the servant explaining how he was supposed to cook the meat and what he had to do and it seemed easy enough. Then again if Ezra had done it cutting the onions would probably have seemed easy as well and Frederick had thought he’d do that without a problem too. “Understood.” The blond man nodded and stepped forward taking the spatula from the auburn haired and while he had held a knife in his hands before he had never once touched a spatula. This was another first. When he was trying to follow what Ezra had shown him Fred was using too much force at first and he suddenly found the other man behind himself, touching his hand and guiding it.

It was a bizarre situation. Odd. To have the other man standing behind him like this and having him guide him. Being guided…. Never once had anyone guided him! Vice versa, yes! But never this way around and it was so foreign and weird that he felt his face heat up unnecessarily and the pale white was flushed red like the meat in the pan. Seeing the smaller hand on his own like this, feeling the slim body behind his more bulky one …. He forced his blue eyes to focus on the meat that was shoved around in the pan. This situation was costing him some nerves. More than he imagined. It was out of his comfort zone completely. To have someone behind himself, to let him guide him! He was fighting the impulse to break out of this situation. To reverse it! To take the lead! Then again how was he supposed to take the lead while cooking if he had no idea how to cook?

“I got this! I got this!” it come from him and it sounded a little rushed but he actually got it, managing fine with the meat on his own. This was a lot easier and more comfortable than cutting the onions had been and it smelled good too, making his mouth water already. As Ezra had told him he was shoving the meat around until there was no pink spot left and when he had accomplished that he turned to the other, showing him the pan. “Done.” He told him. “What’s next?” he wanted to know.

Ezra couldn’t help but think his strong master was adorable. Even though he had gotten injured from cutting the onions he had still done it and Ezra was proud of him. They turned to the meat next, teaching Glover how to brown the meat properly. He handed the spatula to his master and smiled encouragingly toward him. “Go ahead.” He coaxed and stood by watching as the man tried to do what he had done. It didn’t go over as planned so Ezra shifted, sliding behind Glover’s body and gently guiding his hands with the spatula. “Be gentle with it…if you push too hard it’ll fall out of the pan.” He spoke softly, his voice slinking around the others shoulders to get to his ears.

After a few moments Ezra let go and smiled brightly as he watched Glover do as he had taught him. While he finished that Ezra opened the cans for the sauces and put them next to the stove. He put the pasta in the pan of boiling water and set a timer for when they would be finished. When he was finished with that he realized Glover was telling him he was done and he smiled. “Awesome! It looks great. Now we want to take the onions and the sauce and add it to the meat.” He walked over and grabbed the cutting board and motioned to the sauce. “Just pour both of those into the pan and we should get a really nice orange sauce.” He started dumping the onions into the meat, using a knife to get the pieces that didn’t want to come off.

He then watched as Glover poured the sauces into the pan. When he did Ezra grabbed the top to the pan and put it on with a sigh. “Alright now we wait! Once the noodles are done the sauce should be finished heating up.” He leaned against the counter and smiled to Glover. “Want to have a drink with me before dinner?” He motioned to the liquor cabinet that he actually hadn’t seen Glover get into recently. He hated adding to the mans addiction but when they did drink together things often got hot and he liked that. Well, he liked sober sex too and he had no intention of getting wasted before the food was over. They would end up forgetting about the food and it would all burn, stinking the house up to high heavens.

Finally! Finally there was a task that was as easy to do as it sounded. That he didn’t need any further explanation for. Throwing all the ingredients together and pouring the sauce into the pan was as simple as something could be and it was done in no time at all. When the auburn haired man then told him that they had to spend their time waiting for the food now, he couldn’t help but to let out an annoyed sigh. Glover didn’t like to be unproductive. He didn’t like doing nothing and waiting for the food to cook wouldn’t merely be boring it would feel like time that was wasted and make him impatient.

It seemed like Ezra didn’t have the intention for them to stay inactive during the time their food would take though as he asked him whether Fred wanted to have a drink with him, pointing at the expensive and exquisite wine bottles in the cabinet. His blue eyes automatically went along and when he found them resting on the bottles, entertaining the idea, before his eye jumped to the bottle on the kitchen counter he had grabbed and had wanted to empty alone when he had thought that all of that had no real meaning to the servant after what the other had said, what had turned out to have been an attempt of teasing him gone wrong, And what he realised hit him like a hammer. While he had cooked with the shorter man he had not once thought about this bottle, thought about boozing and he hadn’t in that moment either, it had been the slave who had brought the alcohol up again.

Peering into those brown eyes he declined the offer.” No!” he answered in regards of them drinking together. “But be my guest!” the blond Master let the other man know that he could feel free to drink if he so wanted. Glover wouldn’t though. He didn’t feel the urge in that moment. Didn’t feel the need! And in a rare case like that he surely wouldn’t. He’d be on the bottle soon enough again. Not only feel the urge to do so but feel the physical need for it. His body and his mind both were addicted after all. For today his body had had enough alcohol to function already but it would demand the liquid again come tomorrow.

Instead Frederick left the kitchen without a word and returned a minute or two afterwards with a record in his hands. The man went towards the record player, stopped the jazz and switched it with classical music. Then he stepped in front of the other man, almost ceremonial, standing straight and upright, making an almost knightly impression and if one didn’t know what a dysfunctional man was behind this one could have thought that he must have been a true gentleman with how he carried himself, despite the hair that had gotten messy and wet when he had held his head over the sink and the drenched and hence translucent white shirt he wore, looking a lot different from the perfectly and neatly styled man he usually was.

Holding out his hand to Ezra his blue eyes looked deep into the brown ones. The man had wished that they’d dance together and that he would do. He’d dance with him! He rather wanted that dance, something he had never done before with a man, much less a man he had feelings for, than the bloody booze he had numbed towards himself.

Ezra watched closely as his master looked between himself and the bottles in the cabinet. He then smiled softly as he noticed the hesitation in his eyes. His master was changing and it was for the better, even if just a little bit here and there. When his master declined Ezra shrugged and smiled brightly. He liked the idea of a Glover that didn’t drink constantly. He had only offered since his master normally had a glass of wine with him most of the time.

His master left the room and Ezra watched him go with a smile on his face. He started cleaning the kitchen as his master left and only after a few minutes did he come back. A record was in his hands and Ezra got interested. He wiped his hands on the towel he was holding and set it down on the counter. He watched his master change the record, and start it, hearing the room fill with the beautiful sounds of a classical song.

Ezra was puzzled as his master walked toward him, stood straight infront of him and held his hand out to him. Ezra couldn’t control the blush on his cheeks, Glover was a sight to see. The once completely composed man was now entirely messy. His hair was mess and still stuck up in odd places due to being soaked not too long ago. Due to the water that had spilled onto his shirt Ezra could practically see straight through it. His master was undeniably attractive and Ezra wanted him.

His brown eyes peered into those blue ones and he smiled softly, sliding his hand into Glovers. He took a step into Fred and pressed their bodies against one another. He knew it wasn’t proper of the dance but he didn’t care. He wanted to be close to Fred. One hand guided Fred’s around his waist as the slave got up on his tip toes, kissing Fred gently on the lips. The hand that had guided Fred’s moved up his arm to rest on the mans broad and wet shoulder. Ezra giggled softly and shook his head, “You’re soaked…” He smiled up into those blue eyes as he waited for Glover to take the lead.

• 2 weeks later...

Ezra seemed slightly flustered by the offer to dance as his cheeks flushed red but he took Glover’s hand regardless and the judge pulled the other a little closer. Not close enough apparently as the servant was pressing his body up against his. This was certainly not what they had taught them in the dancing lessons but he didn’t care when his other hand got placed onto the auburn haired male’s hips before the man then kissed him, leading Fred to close his eyes for a moment and enjoy the affectionate peek onto his dry lips.

Before he started to move he brought back a little more distance between their bodies though as he’d have found it difficult to perform any dances he knew with their bodies pressed up against each other. At first he needed some moments to find his rhythm and to remember the steps of the dance but it came back to him rather quickly and he was smoothly leading the other over the floor. “I know.” He just said when Ezra remarked that he was soaked with a giggle at the sight of his unpresentable appearance. The lack of etiquette in the location and his looks the judge evened out through a flawlessness and professionalism in his dancing skills. He was leading the slave through the kitchen as if it was a huge ballroom in a castle, nearly flying over the ground with him, spinning the other man around as if he had never been doing anything else.

However it was profoundly different compared to his experiences dancing before, where he had used the same preciseness and professionalism but that had been clinic and cold which had been the reason why no woman had ever demanded a second dance with him. There was nothing cold or clinical about the way he danced with Ezra though, he could even feel the dance in his whole body in a sense. He could feel passion and affection swelling in his chest, looking into those brown eyes being that close, it was almost an act of great intimacy although it was not sexual and had he thought he had never liked to dance, he found himself enjoying it while he at the same time wanted to get even closer, to feel the other more.

And just when he had pulled him back against himself, coming to a halt as he had wanted to lean down to kiss the shorter man noises were coming from the stove and the sauce was about to overboil since they apparently had forgotten time. The blond stared like a pig into the clockwork for a moment, then he let go of Ezra, jumped through the kitchen and pulled the pan down from the stove with a deep sigh since even though he couldn’t cook he knew that he had prevented quite the mess there. “Dinner is ready.” Fred said, looking at the boiling hot sauce.

Instead of doing anything with it though he turned back around to Ezra again and looked him into his brown eyes. “I changed my mind.” He said, stepping closer. “I like dancing.” He told him. “With you!” Frederick added. “It’s different. It felt different than with those women entirely.”

Ezra smiled softly as Fred seemed to enjoy their brief kiss. Afterwards Ezra also took a small step back, leaving space between the two of them so that their arms rested comfortably between them. He waited patiently for Fred to start leading him through the dance. He led him through a flawless, smooth, and professional dance that had Ezra smiling brightly through each twist and twirl of their bodies. The dance had a fluidity to it like nothing Ezra had ever known, yet it was so precise and sure that he felt like every step was predetermined. All in all it made him feel light, like they were dancing through the clouds and yet still grounded in some way. The judge led him through the kitchen, using the tile floors as if it were an exquisite ballroom, cleared out for just the two of them to use. Ezra felt like his master was also truly enjoying himself. He didn’t seem to be tense, his movements were fluid, carefree yet precise. He seemed to be filled with passion for the dance and possibly for Ezra as well.

Ezra’s movements were not as fluid but thanks to Glovers precise and expert leading, he was doing well to keep up with Fred. He smiled brightly as he was spun around the kitchen like a woman at a fancy gala. He felt much more than a slave in this moment, he forgot his job, his tasks, his undying loyalty for Glover and just enjoyed the moment he was having with his master. No longer master and slave they were just two men, falling in love with one another. Ezra was panting softly when they came to a halt, their bodies pulled to one another like magnets. His eyes flicked up meeting those blue ones and he got lost in their icy depths. Fred looked like he might lean in for a kiss, but angry sounds started to come from the stove and Ezra had to quickly pull himself from the trance he was in.

Thankfully, Fred was faster and rushed to the stove pulling the sauce off of the stove before it had a chance to boil over. Ezra was not far behind him and he smiled softly, allowing a soft laugh to leave his lips. Ezra was about to reach up for some plates when Fred’s words stopped him in his tracks. His brown eyes met those blue ones and he smiled softly as Fred moved closer to him, telling him he liked dancing. He couldn’t help but smile, “I like dancing with you too, I’m glad you enjoyed yourself. We should do it more often…” He paused and sighed softly. “Those women…did they ever ask you to dance again?” He asked hesitantly, knowing his answer would be yes if Glover asked him to dance once more with him.

He hadn’t forgotten about the sauce, or dinner, or anything that was happening, but Glover just looked so happy. He paused a moment and then lightly touched Glovers forearm, just in case he didn’t want to answer his question. Fred talked a lot about these women and how they treated him. Ezra didn’t know if they were just women at a party or if they were friends, acquaintances, he had no idea. Of course, his comment had no ill intentions. He only wanted to get to know Fred a little bit more and that meant asking questions, even if they didn’t seem all that important. He hoped that the judge wouldn’t be upset with him for asking such a question.

As he waited for an answer Ezra took one good long look at Fred. Ezra noticed for the first time they had been together, Fred looked completely relaxed and content with himself. Had it been a month ago Fred would have never been caught dead wearing a wet shirt, his hair all messed up, and his face dripping with water. He would have never asked to cook with Ezra, to learn a task that was a slave’s job. Ezra liked the way this new Glover looked, smiles came easier to him and even if they didn’t reach his face Ezra could tell by his master’s eyes when he was enjoying himself. Of course, there was still a lot of the old cynical and cold Fred in there, but it was slowly fading around Ezra at least. The slave knew that this version of his master was reserved only for him, and that alone made him feel even more special than before.

Why was the man laughing? Fred really couldn’t see what was that funny about the sauce nearly over boiling but apparently something about the judge pulling the pan from the stove as if lives depended on it amused the other enough to chuckle. After he had then confessed that he had changed his mind about dancing and that he enjoyed it if it was with the other man, the auburn haired told him that he had enjoyed their dance too and that they shall repeat it more often and this made him feel a little happiness inside. As soon as he spun the idea further it got damped though. The blond had imagined dancing with the other on an actual celebration. To attend official invitations together, to for the first time in his life enjoy events he had only ever detested just get reminded that this would never happen. That they were tied to his property! Nowhere else could they, two men, be together, much less a slave and a master. Hence out in the real world nothing would change. Glover would hate the celebrations, hate being amongst people, hate dancing just as he had always done. It was disillusioning to realise this and his mood got a little cloudy again.

It was an unexpected question of the other that pulled him out of his thoughts. For some reason the servant was curious to learn whether any of the women he had danced with before had asked him for a second dance. “No.” he answered clearly and without even thinking. “Thank god.” He added to underline that he was actually glad and not sad that they hadn’t. He hadn’t danced with them because he had wanted to or because he would have liked them after all. He had done so because he had had to. “The must have realised that I wasn’t interested and didn’t actually care to dance with them. Most of them were women from some prestigious families, members of the party and other candidates my mother wanted to set me up with or I couldn’t ignore due to my status.” He explained. “They always were enthusiastic to dance with me until they actually did.” Fred told Ezra. “I didn’t care about any of them.” The blond confessed.

“There was only one man back then…. In university…. Whom I would have liked to dance with and I was in…. I…I …. I wasn’t apathetic towards. “ the judge confessed hoping the other would get the hint as he still couldn’t say it out loud that he had been in love with this man. “It was horrible. I stayed away from him as good as I could to not worsen the state I was in.” he explained as if he had been sick back then but not how someone spoke about past crushes. The intense feelings he had held for this man had terrified him back then.

“Was there someone in your life you ever… felt deeply for ?” he wanted to know from the slave if he had ever had someone in his life he had loved as much as he had loved this man back then. And if he had loved before he wanted to know if he had been as terrified as he had been, if he had locked those feelings into darkest, smallest chamber on his mind in shame of them.

“I never wanted to love anyone!” the judge then said staring into a cupboard before he took the pan with the sauce and the noodles and nodded into the direction of the French door that led onto the patio of the wide, giant property that was glover’s garden. “Let us eat outside.” He suggested. When the weather was right he really enjoyed eating outside in the garden. The judge generally loved nature. It eased him. It made him feel less chained and claustrophobic as he felt in society. Maybe that was why his favourite hobby was hiking with Percival.

Glover seemed to think it was strange Ezra was laughing but he just couldn’t help but think the Judge was amusing. He had pulled the sauce from the stove as if there was a real fire. It was rather cute and innocent, not wanting to ruin their first real meal they had made together. Then again as he stood there he watched as his master’s mood dampened. Ezra’s smile faltered slightly, and he wanted nothing more than to lightly put a reassuring hand on his master’s arm. He didn’t though, instead he asked a question, trying to pull Ezra’s mind from whatever was bothering him.

Ezra tilted his head smiling a little as his master said thank god to the fact that none of those women had asked for a second dance. Ezra leaned against the counter as he listened to Glover talk. He rolled his eyes, “Ugh, they sound awful.” He spoke under his breath as his master lulled in his story. He didn’t stop there though, instead he seemed to be hesitant in what he was about to say. Ezra sat up slightly as his master started to talk about a man he used to know in university. He wondered if this man was still an object of his master’s desires or if they still kept in contact.

As he kept speaking though he realized that wasn’t the case. “I’m sorry…” he said softly as his master seemed to be sickened by his previous crush and the feelings that came with it. His next question shocked him, and he tilted his head slightly. “Yes…” He smiled lightly. “I have had someone in my life that I felt deeply for.” He stood up straight and watched the man nod over to the porch. He would continue this conversation on the patio where they would eat dinner. Ezra grabbed some plates and smiled, “Alright after you.

He followed his master out onto the porch overlooking a great garden. Once they were settled with their food Ezra pushed his noodles around for a moment. “The person I felt deeply for was also my master.” He chuckled softly and rolled his eyes. “He was young and na?ve but man I couldn’t help the fact that I felt so much for him. At the time I was younger too and was scared of the consequences of loving my master. I didn’t tell him, or anyone, about my feelings. Instead I kept them bottled up inside of me until it became too much to bear.” He flicked his eyes up to Glover. “I asked for a transfer…thankfully my master was also looking for a female servant so…he sold me to a citizen as if I was just some material possession.” He shrugged and sighed. “Eventually I got over it but you know…it was hard and scary…I understand how you felt back then. I was terrified.” He leaned against the table.

Silence hung around them for a moment and he sighed lightly, “When…you said you never wanted to love anyone…is it still that way? Are you…never planning to fall in love?” He asked his brown eyes meeting Glover’s blue ones. He wanted to know if love was still out of the question. He didn’t know if Glover knew how much he actually cared about him, but he hoped it was more than just a slave. He also wanted to ask him if there were still feelings for this other man, but he didn’t think that question would go over well with his master. Instead this one would have to work.

As he waited for his master to respond to his question he started to eat. The food actually wasn’t that bad. Even though the sauce had gotten a little over heated the noodles were actually cooked perfectly, pulling away from the sauce. He actually really enjoyed it, seeing as it was even better that they had made it with one another. He hoped his master enjoyed it, it was far from his normal fancy tastes but it was still pretty good. Ezra was hoping that his master would just enjoy the fact that he had actually made something for himself.

There was a shrug coming from him when Ezra remarked that the high-class women he had danced with sounded awful. “I don’t know if they were.” He then said. “I never cared to get to know them. I wasn’t interested in them. Maybe they weren’t awful, maybe they were, maybe some of them were awful and others weren’t. I just didn’t want to dance with much less marry them. My mum just planted those ideas into their heads.” The blond man explained. There was no malice in his voice thinking about these women just pure disinterest. And disinterest he had expressed towards them as well with this freezing cold aura he generally exuded amongst people and the ladies of the master class had caught up on that pretty quickly and thus moved on much to Glover’s intend and his mother’s dismay.

As they were moving outside the other confirmed that he had had someone whom he had had deep feelings for as well and he got the notion that maybe Ezra knew it. That heavy tight feeling of pain that seemed to crush ones lungs and made breathing feel sharp and stick in his throat. “Ah.” He just made as they were placing the sauce and the noodles as well as the dishes onto the table outside. The sun was still out and it was a mild day, it hadn’t even rained at all just yet and still there was a gloomy feeling surrounding this subject.

The judge was loading his plate with some noodles and sauce, something he hadn’t had since he’d been a little kid and that he thus was eager to eat right now. Not only because he didn’t have it for eons but because this was the first meal he had done something for himself, that he had had an involvement in. And for some reason that felt different then getting served gourmet foods he had neither bought the ingredients for nor had he moved a finger to make them. He’d certainly not start to cook after he came home from work but on weekends, maybe Ezra and him could make a habit out of preparing something for the two of them.

His thought were been pulled back to their conversation when the man who had been poking around in his food was talking and he learned that he had fallen in love for another master of his before. “Oh.” He just commented. It somehow made him feel as though this was a pattern for him. As though regardless of who he had been that the other would have done the same things, said the same things because of the dynamics of the relationship. Maybe it was this dynamic that attracted him and not Glover himself. Well, it seemed a lot more realistic considering that Frederick knew he was not exactly a people’s person, wasn’t coming across as likeable…. And he had molested him….

Listening to the other man further it seemed that although seemingly not as paranoid the other had been terrified by the consequences of those feelings as well and had avoided them too. He had avoided them in a different way, Glover had certainly not quit law school because of this man he had loved but at least the other could vaguely imagine how it had been for the judge and vice versa.

When silence settled in, a heavy, awkward silence, the blond began to eat the food they had made and he couldn’t say that it was anywhere near the taste he was used to but it brought back some feelings and memories of his childhood! Although he had never been a people’s person and had been more to himself even back then and hadn’t liked other kids he had been genuinely proud and grounded, had navigated the world confidentially and if he’d own it, as if there were no limits. No paranoia, no shame, no guilt, no walls and no armour but an authentic person. All of that other things puberty and the realisation that he was what their society found sick and frowned upon brought with it. It had taken a massive toll on him, his mind and his self-conception.

The silence was then broken by a sigh of the other man and followed by a question that surprised him. He averted his blue eyes when he was asked whether it was still like that, that he didn’t want to fall in love and if he was planning to never do. After a few seconds the blond man’s gaze met the warm brown eyes of his servant. “Does it really matter?” he asked laying the fork down, intertwining his fingers, exuding a calm but without the mask of coldness. “Whether I want to or not is irrelevant because I obviously can’t plan or control it. I didn’t hold any influence back then, couldn’t stop myself from what I developed for this man although I tried everything to not … fall…” he still couldn’t actually say the word love in combination with the man although he had loved him deeply and seeing him with that woman had felt like the other had cut him open and hung him onto a hook like a pig in the slaughterhouse to bleed dry.

“No matter how thick the walls and how good the defence you built up, some man will come around who’s stronger than all of the mechanism you have installed over decades, someone stronger than yourself and it’ll leave you defenceless….“ the judge said with a deep sigh. “Isn’t it obvious that I failed to prevent this from happening once more….” he admitted to Ezra, his heart flickering nervously despite the calm he was transporting externally. He was already falling for his slave. It was like everything he had done to protect himself had been in vain from the start. Even before he had been with Ezra he had apparently been found out having no one else but Fox know that he was a homosexual man. And despite knowing that Fox knew, despite the corner he was being put into he felt like he wanted to dance with the man opposite to him, kiss him, sleep with him, be with him.

Ezra didn’t feel like Glover really wanted to hear about his other lover. It didn’t matter though, he asked and so Ezra was trying to answer the question. It was true that he had fallen in love with another master before Glover, but it wasn’t because of the dynamic or a pattern. It was because, as a slave, he didn’t interact with anyone outside of his master and his family. He hoped that his master understood this concept. That he didn’t think the romance that was growing between the two of them was the same. It was completely different and out of all the men that Ezra had worked for there had only been two he had wanted to be with.

They ate in silence for a little while until Ezra asked his question. He watched as his master shifted his eyes away from him. His response surprised him though and his eyebrows sinched together. Does it matter? Yes it mattered. It mattered to Ezra. He was falling for his master and it seemed like it didn’t matter to him?

Thankfully he didn’t stop there. Ezra tilted his head and listened patiently. He blushed lightly at the last sentence and sighed. “Well, I don’t think you can control it. Love…or whatever it is you’re feeling is unpredictable. I…” He leaned over the table slightly and lightly touched Fred’s hand. “It’s okay to be afraid of these feelings you know? It’s normal…specially when you’ve never let yourself feel these feelings. I’m glad I was the person you decided to share it with though.” He smiled lightly and leaned over kissing Fred softly. “I don’t think I could prevent this from happening again either…so how about we take it one step at a time together?” He asked lightly squeezing Fred’s hand.

He didn’t know what was going to happen to the two of them. Especially now that Fox knew about them and was probably going to use the information as blackmail. Their lives probably were going to be much harder now, they would have to hide things better or even worse…stop everything. Ezra didn’t want to be moved again. The fear of almost being shipped away earlier in their relationship was terrifying enough and he didn’t want to be sent to another home. He enjoyed staying with Fred…specially now that their relationship was growing. Sure, when they first met he didn’t know about it. Fred was cold, cruel, and all around not fun to be around. Ezra sort of liked to think that maybe he was doing good for Fred. That him being here was helping Fred get out of his shell. Without him, he wouldn’t have changed.

In the past few days alone Ezra has noticed that Fred is actually smiling. Not like a half smile, or a masked one, but a real smile. He is actually having fun and enjoying his life. He hadn’t hit the bottle in awhile either, which Ezra thought was an even better advancement. His master was getting healthier, both mentally and physically. He wanted nothing more than to keep this up. Helping his master become the best version of himself. Then again Ezra loved the man he was and only became happier as he realized that Fred was getting happier. He wondered where they would go from here. He sighed softly and looked up at Fred, “Hey…on a different topic…what are we going to do?” He asked softly as he finished the last of his dinner. “Do you think we are safe…here? Together…?” he knew he would get what he was talking about. If Fred was okay to keep living how they were then so was he. He didn’t want anything to change after all and if that meant living in more secret than they do now then okay. Nothing was ever going to change, society wasn’t going to change in their lifetime…that meant they probably would always be hiding. If that was the case, Ezra wanted to know what their next moves were.

• 2 weeks later...

Fred took the hand that was lightly brushing over his own and listened to the man speak. Hearing him say that how terrified he was of those feelings was normal especially for someone who had always fought with all his mind to never allow oneself to have those type of feelings the blond couldn’t help but to think that Ezra was just trying to sooth him, to calm him because he was certain that it wasn’t normal to try to feel absolutely nothing and to aim to destroy every feeling within oneself. If there was anything he had badly wanted to be and wanted to appear as it had been normal and what it had done was making someone out of him who was everything but normal.

That soft little peek onto his lips however threw him out of his thought and he was focussed on the here and now again, closing his eyes only to have his lips abandoned too soon. When the other suggested taking it one step at a time together, there was a cynic, snorting laugh coming from the blond male as he looked at the auburn haired. “Taking it slow together?” he spelled out the implication. “I don’t know how fast I can even go but .... if we slowly move one step at a time we might never arrive there anymore.” He commented referring to the situation the nation was in at the moment, about Fox and that coup. It wasn’t merely a wind of change that was blowing in their nation, it was a storm coming up and maybe life as they knew it wouldn’t exist anymore sooner than they could imagine. The question was how it was going to change.

“No.” He answered when the other asked him what they were going to do and if he thought that they’d be safe in the mansion together. “And we never were.” He added. The judge had thought that. He had thought that this place was safe from the world around them but agent Fox had perfectly demonstrated how this had not been the case. How he’d been completely wrong. “Safety doesn’t exist for men like us. Nowhere. At no time.” Glover told him and sighed. “And it never will.” He added. Heck, even if the libertarians won and they’d liberate them now, even if they’d be decriminalised and seen as normal even, there’d always be forces within society that’d want to see them burn or rot in prison. They’d be there. They’d be running against this equality, against their rights and they’d only be safe as long as the libertarians stayed in power. And by “they” he meant Ezra and other homosexual men and not himself. Because the revolution would hang him for being part of the current system.

“What can we do?” he asked the other and took another bite of the food. “Enjoy the time we have, play the part in Foxes little game and hope that his plan will succeed? Or shall we run? Run aimlessly. Gamble. Try to cross borders and put our destiny into the hands of an enemy nation?” he listed. “Or will you run from this mansion alone. Join the Army of the libertarians and take the chance for a better life? For freedom?” Frederick pointed out. “I wouldn’t report you.” He knew he wouldn’t at this point. If his slave ran away, decided to no longer be a servant anymore, he’d let him. He couldn’t force him to do anything against his will anymore and he felt unable to force him to stay or to report him to the authorities. “Or do you have a better idea?” he wanted to know.

• 1 month later...

Ezra didn’t know why he had expected anything different but as Fred laughed cynically he felt a little sadness in his heart. His smile fell and he sighed softly. “We may not…but we would be together.” He shrugged softly and leaned back in his chair. He decided to move the conversation onto their current situation and the problem with Fox. He was sad to hear that they weren’t save in the mansion, that they hadn’t been ever. Of course, Fox found out about their relationship somehow and if he found out then anyone could. Ezra knew he was right but he still wished they could be safe in their own home.

When Fred asked what they could do he sighed softly shaking his head. He didn’t know what they could do but enjoying the time they had seemed like a nice plan. As he listed off the many many other options for them Ezra decided none of them sounded nice. Sadly though, when he mentioned Ezra leaving on his own he didn’t know what to say. He shook his head again and sat forward. “I wouldn’t leave you…Being a slave isn’t fun, but I’m your slave and I’m okay with that. Before…I would have ran any chance you gave me but things are different now. My feelings for you are different now. You aren’t how you used to be…and there isn’t anything I want more than to just enjoy the time with you we have. Sure…eventually we probably will be killed or set up in a camp or something but least I could enjoy you while I can.” He smiled lightly and pushed the noodles around on his plate.

“You know…Fox probably has a huge plan in motion and the liberator army is moving as we speak. What if it all works out and we can be happy? That’s a lot to wish for…seeing as neither of us are young men anymore.” He chuckled softly and peered up at Fred. “But…I still have hope that things will work out. If we need to…we could fight. It would fight for you anyway….” He shrugged lightly and sighed. “But no, I wouldn’t run without you. I wouldn’t join an army to fight for my freedom. With you, this is the most freedom I’ve had in my entire life. I wouldn’t throw that away for the possibility of more freedom. Just because it’s a war doesn’t mean the liberators will win, if they don’t I threw away my only chance of happiness.”

He became silent soon after and started eating again. There wasn’t much left on his plate so it was gone soon after he started eating again. He pushed the plate away from him and smiled lightly, it was actually pretty good. It was a simple dish but they had made it together, something unheard of in their previous months together. That and they had a lot of fun making it together which meant it was well worth it. He imagined even Fred had fun, which was saying something!

• 2 weeks later...

“Fool!” Fred chuckled, a smile on his lips. A full blown smile. Wide. Whole. His blue eyes were closed and he had pressed his fingers against the bridge of his nose as he sat the opposite to the other man in his chair. A warm feeling streaming through him! The man opened his eyes and peered into the auburn haired man’s brown gaze. “You should run!” he suggested, “Fight for your liberation.” The judge’s heart was cramping in his chest and he couldn’t really understand why he was saying something he didn’t want. Never had he ever done that before. He didn’t want his servant to run away. He didn’t want him to leave him. He didn’t want to be left on his own now that the other had broken his shield and had awoken feelings within him. But it would be the best for Ezra. “I’m not worth it. I’m not worthy of you. You know it. You know what I did to you, to others.” He told him. “Nor can an unfree man give you freedom. I’m not a slave but I was never free either.” Frederick said, leaning forward, reaching out his hand to take the others.

“Foxes plan might work out. But if Fox wins, the libertarians will lose, so will the religious fanatics.” Glover said because it seemed like Ezra wasn’t quite understanding of what was going on in the nation right now, what who wanted, but how could he. Fred hadn’t even told him about the uprising slaves on the country side who were about to join forces with the libertarians and who had killed their owners. “Agent Fox is planning on assassinating our bratty, stubborn king and to put his sister onto the throne. His sister will make the Army retreat from some wars we fight and will use them in our nation to protect the crown, the party, the government and to throw down the libertarians and the religious fanatics. Then she’ll give the uprising parties some sugar to keep them to hold still. Slaves will stay slaves and have to stay within their class but she’ll pay them to make it seem that they have what they wanted although almost nothing will change. She’ll close the hard labour camps and exchange them with regular prisons. And other such distractions while she has her own goals she’ll strive for in the background.” Fred said. “The new ruler will be an overly ambitious, calculative, manipulative sociopath who speaks with a forked tongue and has no ideals instead of an impulsive, narcissist teenaged brat whose whole policy is a huge pissing contest! The options are pest or cholera! I wouldn’t trust either one of them to even care for a goldfish much less a nation! And I know both of them! Then again, Fox wining and her sitting on the throne is the only outcome where I am sure to keep my head on my neck!” he explained for the other to understand the situation a bit better, leaving out the information as to how he’d stay Foxes bitch for a lifetime because Fox knew that he was gay, what was already a crime in their nation. That he had slept with a slave, what was another crime. And that he had molested them and worse, what was a severe crime and reprehensible! Plus the man also knew about his perversion! What was the tip of the ice berg!

But …he obviously couldn’t kill his former slaves to not make them testify against him. Well, maybe he could have them killed but he shouldn’t. A murderer he was not, he didn’t want to be if he could somehow avoid it, he regretted having done to them and Ezra what he had enough as it was, but he could burn the evidence of his sadistic perversion. Literally! He shouldn’t need it anymore anyway. He should focus on healing. On his sexuality to normalise again, with Ezra, on loving Ezra, if he really was going to stay with him despite better judgement that was!

“Have you ever done a bonfire?” the judge asked the other man, as he stood from the table after they had finished eating, looking into his eyes.