In the World Anew (18+ StainedCrimson & Azuneko)

StainedCrimson

"Now, now. Don't get carried away just yet. I have to do a physical and check-up on you before any training occurs." The same doctor who had tended to Luva when he was injured comes out with a slightly smile. "Follow me. this should be relatively quick." He leads the kitsune to a small room that is set up much like a nurse's office at a school. "Now then, any injuries, pain, or discomfort at all?" The yokai asks while checking Umeji's vitals before moving on to range of motion and such. All in all the exam probably takes about a half an hour.

"Well, most things seem to be in order. I heard you weren't eating for awhile which I would assume would be linked to an injury of a previous owner. In light of that be sure to take it easy with training for a day or two, but otherwise you're free to participate." The doctor waves the other off to go back to the training area where they wait for their newest student. For the most part they evaluate what the kitsune knows, if he knows anything at all, and begin with basic forms and types of self-defense.

"Now, the important thing is to go for areas that can lead to either a) unconsciousness or b) an embarrassing situation for the other if they were to try and report you. The former is the most preferred though as you can then play it off as the human has either had too much to drink or somesuch, or suddenly fell unconscious. The key point there, is to make sure you don't leave any noticeable marks that would then be linked to you." One instructor states calmly where another one picks up. "This means being conscious of how much force you use. Once we feel you have a handle on the techniques, we will be asking others to help by having you practice on them so you can get a feel for it."

The training continues with explanations, showing the different techniques, and helping Umeji with them until meal time. "That's enough for now. We'll continue around late-afternoon." With that they go with the yokai to the meal hall and part ways. Sure enough Luva is sitting at a table happily eating and talking with someone he is sitting next to.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azuneko

• StainedCrimson

Umeji was beyond eager to begin however it seemed he had something else to take care of first. He glanced at the doctor and followed him to what he likes to think of as the infirmary. It was so clean smelling and somehow that relaxed him greatly. As he sat down to be examined he was also questioned. "I do have a sore throat and my body aches from having the bones snap in place but overall I feel fine. It's nice to not feel like dead weight around here anymore. I'm becoming useful which is honestly all I love for." he said happily. Upon being discharged, he makes his way back towards the dojo area to begin training for real this time.

As he arrived he was quickly introduced to the different techniques. He doubts he'd ever be able to embarrass anyone. Being a fox with an alluring appearance; those kinds of things backfire on him. Though he was willing to learn if it meant being more helpful to the mission. He was however skilled in knock outs. He had an knowledge of knowing which pressure points to push against to have someone pass out and go unnoticed. He was glad to be able to show the others there as he felt he was giving back to those teaching him. Umeji was honestly enjoying himself here and having to work for Yi. Even though he still knew very little about the man who brought him here. He could honestly say he was grateful to Yi for being here.

After training was the moment Umeji was hoping for. He made his way towards the dining hall and saw the person he couldn't wait to see since he awoke. "Luva!! May I sit beside you?" he asked as he walked over smiling at the other. Umeji felt he owe his everything to him. This was all thanks to Luva not giving up on him that he was able to talk and even more so eat a meal with him.

• 2 weeks later...

Luva looks up hearing his name, initially confused but smiling at the unfamiliar voice. When he sees Umeji, his grin turns into a large smile as he jumps up and hugs the other. "Me-kun! You can talk! That must mean Yi-sama took off your collar." He babbles feeling excited as he tugs the other down next to him. In his excitement he piles a plate high with food then set it in front of the kitsune.

"So tell me, what have you been doing? I know you're busy training but what are you learning?" He asks while bouncing in his seat impatient for news. Yuki notices the two sitting together and laughs softly but leaves them to their fun. "We'll be our clothes soon, or at least you will. I think I only get one new outfit so I'm 'in fashion', but you'll get a few since you don't have anything yet." He muses aloud between bites of his own food. "It'll be fun. While I don't care for the humans too much, things are always so pretty and lively in the city. Maybe we'll be able to get Yi-sama to explore a bit." He's big fan of going to the theatre and museums.

Shortly after the two are start talking Yi joins the room to eat as well, but doesn't linger overly long. There are a few estate matters he still has to settle and deal with some of the transition of property and titles from his reluctant new tenant that has been dragging his feet.

For the most part, however, things over the next two weeks are quiet with Umeji going through his training and being fitting with his new clothes. The third week is a flurry of activity with various people packing items that are going, covering things up with sheets to protect them, and so on and so forth to make the place look all but deserted while the lord of the manor is gone. Soon the time arrives when they are all set to leave as the last of the baggage is loaded. Once done they are off towards the city.

Umeji smiled as he sat beside the other. He watched as Luva piled up a plate full of food. "Oh my... this is truly a ton of food. Don't you think this is a bit too much?" he said as he began eating. His tastebuds overjoyed to finally be able to have something to spark its enjoyment. He ate happily while talking to him. "I have been learning quite a lot. Things for the mission of course but nothing I won't be able to handle. I'm looking forward to entering the city. I'm still nervous but I am sure with all this training I'll be just fine." he said still eating happily. His gaze shifts towards Yuki who he smiled and waved at.

Umeji noticed when Yi had arrived but shortly left. He was sure he was still very busy with things for the trip to the city. Umeji averts his gaze knowing he still had a long way to go. He would be giving it his all during this trip. For the next two weeks; he studied hard for the trip to the city. He even obtained his set of clothes for the trip. This was something that he found truly fascinating. The fabrics were so well made and felt incredible to wear. He still wished to have the chance to tell Yi about what he knew or the small bit he might know of. His mind was conflicted but calm as he felt his trust was in the righit place. In due time he would get that chance and soon enough the time had arrived. They were leaving for the city. This was the first chance in a while he was able to be within talking distance of Yi. He knew it was now or never to inform him of what was on his mind. "Yi-sama, I have something to tell you that might be useful information for this mission." he says hoping he'd hear him out.

Umeji took a deep breath before looking at him seriously. "I am hoping this is just my gut being strange but I think these attacks on this manor are directly from one person in particular. My former master. I know this is a bit of a stretch but he isnt like the other humans you might have encountered up until now. He's dangerous and will stop at nothing to gain power by any means necessary. He is probably still searching for that ultimately powerful yokai that I happen to have met once. Even so if my gut is correct, I fear you are in for a fight." he said as he wonders if Yi would want to know more or if this was enough.

When the kitsune begins to talk about knowing information, Yi looks at the other to give him his complete attention. His eyes narrow as the other continues to speak, and exchanges a look with Luva. "I see... Do you happen to know what kind of yokai in particular he is looking for?" He asks after a short pause to gather his thoughts. His finger idly taps against his knee as he runs through all the yokai that live under him. Outside of Luva and Umeji there aren't any that are particularly rare or powerful though some are definitely more predator-like or have higher fighting ability. Outside of himself that is.

Not that many know of his existence though. He was a mere child when the late master had found him and took in the young ookami. After that he was kept out of sight and eventually raised as the man's heir. His 'father' was known to have difficulties producing an heir, but continuously trying and so was eventually introduced as the fruits of his efforts with taking such a long time to introduce him due to being a 'sickly child'. His age had been skewed to alleviate distrust or questions, and seemed to have worked well though there were always speculations of his 'origins' of course.

Shaking his head he dismisses the thought that someone has found out after all this time. It's possible that a yokai ran away and took refuge on my lands after all. It has happened before and Yi normally leaves them alone unless they cause trouble or approach him.

Shifting, he returns his attention to Umeji while waiting to see if anymore details are able to be provided. "We have a few hours before we reach the train and then we'll be taking that for two days. Despite having a private cabin, it would be best if you could tell me everything before we get on the train." If things are are troublesome as the kitsune thinks they'll be then he will need the time to further prepare before his arrival.

"Uh I know that among yokai this one in particular is often known as a world destroyer. As I mentioned I happened to meet this one only by chance at my shrine when I was still pretty young. I don't recall his face, voice or even his aura. However I do know he was this exact yokai. The one that has the power to destroy entire worlds and recreate them as he pleases. I know that man is determined to get his hands on that yokai. I wouldn't tell him anything not that I could. I don't honestly remember much about the yokai. If the attacks here increased as your number of yokai did before and after I arrived I can bet he assumes you have this yokai in your collection. I won't put it pass anything that he would be there during this time to the city either." he said truly not wishing to have an encounter with that master at all.

Umeji thought about it. This yokai could be anyone. The short month at his shrine while he tended to that particular yokai's injuries was all a blur to him. He doesn't know if he yokai himself had done just that to his memory or if the amount of mistreatment by humans caused his memory to become hazy. Even so if the person ini question stayed hidden it would be good but also a bad thing since Yi's manor would be under constant attack. That was something he coudn't live with knowning. "All I know is that he refused to call me by my name. Constantly calling me little fox despite me telling him my name is Umeji. I wish I could tell you more but that is all I can recall of this yokai." he said as he averts his gaze a bit. That's when he remembered one thing of high importance.

Umeji looked at Yi seriously. "My former master is a yokai!! A half yokai, half human with the ability to suck the power and life out of other yokai and humans." he said lowering his gaze a bit. That was definitely something worth mentioning. Umeji only survived that place because he manged to run away when the opportunity presented himself. However he was sure if not for that slim moment he'd be part of the bones that covered his previous master's basement floors.