Yaoi Reading Challenge Discussion Thread | edition 2018

Saga

Do you think the challenge should be limited to BL only?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CpwnSkV.jpg

RULES

- be nice to each other

- in case you have questions directed to someone specific, use our tag feature @
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
to mention the user, in case they are not regular in this thread

- you can post print-screens of manga/novel pages, exchange titles, opinions, recommend titles, comment on your journey during the challenge, shout out new ideas or things you have noticed during this 'marathon' - the staff will be reading the comments for further improvement of the challenge. (:

Link to Main Challenge:

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• batista

• auser

• Riki

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

I really love the idea! Of course i’ll Join ;) I found something nice already for the first task... so I will post it soon ;)

Could I also have one of the signature stamps? Version 4 please?

heyo, guys. wow, manga reading challenge. i'm in :D thanks,

for the brilliant idea, i always up for reading challenge bc it gives me opportunity to discover new reading. thanks again!

i have questions tho.

> so, is there any dateline to sign up?

> can i start anywhere from the list? (not following the sequence)

> i just started a manga; G-Defend. it has like 80+ chapters.. i'm now on chapter 19. can i used it for this challenge?

okay. that's all for now. i'll come back later if i got more to ask.

this is like my third reading challenge i participated this year. i hope i can make it them all till the end lol

-whew- I am glad. ' v '

Of course, you can have any of them or two of them XD Or you can keep changing them each day - whatever you want to do with them. You just need to copy-paste the image link. ' v '

But here the link to version #4:

https://i.imgur.com/Y4JMWGJ.jpg

I am glad you are to join! I was worried if the challenge was too bothersome XD.

Now, onto your questions.

so, is there any dateline to sign up?

> Nope, no deadlines, nothing like that. As long as you are able to fit in the 'deadline of the challenge' itself - you can register later on. Just that, keep in mind that you are not allowed to sign up, say, on May 1st. And on May 5th -> "I am done. Here my 'turn in' form." Because there are 69 titles and according to the rules, it cannot be done within just 4 days. ' v '

can i start anywhere from the list? (not following the sequence)

> Shoot! What a good question! I will actually go back and add this to the rules. You can start from any task number. If you want, you can start backwards: 69,68,67,66 etc. ' v '

i just started a manga; G-Defend. it has like 80+ chapters.. i'm now on chapter 19. can i used it for this challenge?

> Any title! Whatever title! Just, as long as it fits in some of the criteria. If does not correspondent to any of the tasks, fit in them like 'under a category', you can't use it. But since it is 80+ chapters, it can fit under the task for 'Read a title with 20+ chapters'. So, yep. You are good to go with that one.

Thanks a lot

;) it’ll be fun! And i’ll Check on yours, voids and hopefully a lot of other users profiles regularly :D

You are very welcome. c:

I will do so, too. Although...I am struggling with the first task I picked - "delinquents".

I mean, I have read soooo many titles and it is hard to find something new. But the idea is to find something new, so I am still kind of excited ;D

Eureka!

I found my manga, which I haven't read, for task #65!! I am on first chapter, still, but I am liking it so far!

The title is, Kirei ni Shiteyo. ' v '

P.S. I hope the image of the cover is displaying for you too. '__'

cSVRqEw.png

Hi! This challenge sounds really wonderful!!! Will definitely give me the opportunity to check out new titles and re-visit the old favorite ones. Just a couple of clarifications:

You said no finished lists earlier than May, so officially, May 1st is the day that we have the go signal to post our finished lists, given that we actually have done it.

I'm pretty sure some of us can read more than one title (fitting the criteria) within a day so, will it be acceptable to read and accomplish some manga/criteria within a day or are we limited to one per day? Beginning date to read same as the finished date, is that fine?

I am definitely participating!!! It's nice to tick off one title after another and I am already having fun trying to find the titles that will fit all those 69 criteria without repeating anything!

@

Ooooh, another participant! Things are getting interesting. ' v '

Onto your questions now.

You said no finished lists earlier than May, so officially, May 1st is the day that we have the go signal to post our finished lists, given that we actually have done it.

> Yes, because I take in consideration slow readers. I mean, let's make it fair. I, myself, can read up to 20 titles per day with 10+ chapters each. As I read really fast. But not everyone reads fast, some even doesn't like to read fast. Hence, calculating the things with minus/plus some days -> May 1st is a good start for users to 'turn in' their finished lists. Of course, the deadline is until 31st of December, but the earliest is 1st of May.

I'm pretty sure some of us can read more than one title (fitting the criteria) within a day so, will it be acceptable to read and accomplish some manga/criteria within a day or are we limited to one per day? Beginning date to read same as the finished date, is that fine?

> Well, it doesn't really matter though, as long as you don't finish any of the titles on the same day you started them - that's the only rule about "date" on each chapter [except for oneshots though]. I think it is fair enough that 'turn in' forms will be accepted only from 1st of May. So, whoever however fast they can manage. But if you have a better idea, please shout it out. c:

---------------------------------------------------

I just read Tadayoedo Shizumazu, Saredo Naki Mo Sezu.

....My soul is crying. (As I can't really cry with tears, probably some sector of my brain is fucked up, XD).

Sadly, I have read it in the past. I won't be enlisting it in my manga list. -_-'

SPOILER ALERT BELOW!!

But damn, that quote gets me each time with Yashiro's crying face.

People are full of contradictions.

First they want to top, then they want to bottom.

They want to torture, then they want to be tortured.

People are... Full of contradictions.

They're lonely. And then they're not.

They're missed. And then they're not.

I just wanted to say that I really like this challange

:_red_fox 4

Its a great idea, I do belive its to big for me but i will cheer for everyone in it. I like this whole idea :D

Good luck to everyone!

i've read both of those mentioned manga above and enjoyed them a lot that time ;)

so, i will stick to the order of the list and started with task #1 (read a collection of BL short stories).

my pick of the day is the 'Dame BL collection'.

they have some oneshots with refreshing and a little unusual settings. in this collection every one will find a shortstory to their liking because of the wide range of genres.

i was thinking of making a more or less small post of what i read in here and write a more detailed review in my notes.

Hello! I'm joining too :D

I have a question tho. Sorry if it was already answered, but I can't seem to understand very well.

Can I finish and start different mangas on the same day? For example, I finish a title on 03/05 and start another on the same date.

@

Oh, them heels, man. Is it only me or I get rather hot under the collar when I see men with beautiful legs in heels?

Makes me recall Amai Wana and boy I don't think I know any other seme who is damn hot while wearing heels.

GsSOuoO.jpg

@

Oh! Welcome to the squad!! (:

Onto your question.

Can I finish and start different mangas on the same day? For example, I finish a title on 03/05 and start another on the same date.

> You understood it correctly.

Example:

[began: 20/02][Finished: 21/02]

[began: 21/02][Finished: 22/02]

Oho? Onto the serious read right off the bat? Good, good d(>_・ )

I am moving onto task #19, reading a title from the IShop. '_'

I just realized, and actually recalled, that I have to make more manga cards. ಠ_ಠ

Anyway, back on Haru wo Daite Ita. I never read that title as weird as it sounds.

Wish me luck since it is LONG as f.ck and the art style is so not my thing. - v -

of course. I mean, what if I die while reading first something I don't enjoy?

Just kidding, haha.

Oh, Haru wo daiteita, I like the art, especially the sex scenes, they are very hot.

Thank you!

I am officially starting the challenge now. I spent yesterday recalling titles that fit some of the criteria. It's been fun like that, listing and fitting wherever title suits itself. Heh.

Wonderful manga by Touko Kawai! Cut is one of my favorites! I would fit it under the Psychological as well but I have another fave which is Recipeby Shimizu Yuki.

I think Haru wo Daite Ita will be on my list definitely! I just don't know where as it fits a lot of the criteria but probably the 20+ chapters. I will be reading (re-reading) Time Lag by Odagiri Hotaru & Gotou Shinobu as my manga with no smut/sex in it. Also Kawaii Akuma under the manga with super popular character. :D

Good morning, beautiful people!

I am so happy that more people joined us officially in the race. ' v '

I am not really enjoying "Haru wo Daite Ita". Was I expecting to much because throughout the years, I've heard

many people praising it? ಠ_ಠ hm...

it’s not only you :D I love cross dressing and androgynous men/ women ;) and both of them have lovely legs yoyo4

I haven’t read haru wo daite ita myself but alone the art style would give me a hard time enjoying this one.

And hi

Today i’ll Read ‘coponicus no kokyuu’ by the mangaka Nakamura Asumiko for the task #2 (read a completed manga with +10 chapters) It looks interesting it’s about circus artists in Paris. Looks like it could be a darker story.

I like the cover!

-whew- Then I am not as weird as I thought, for liking beautiful legs in heels. X'D

And in case you haven't seen Kuroo, from Haikyuu, in heels and dancing... Please, check the video out below.

Am I the only one in this thread who likes Youka Nitta's art? haha.

The story itself is not... so unique (? I find it pretty cliche but that was what I was expecting when I read it, so...

it was a good read, definitely a good way to start this challenge :D I especially liked their thoughts explaining their doings to each other at the end!

, oh Batista, that's quite a read. I hope you can finish it with all your hairs in your head because I could not. LOL.