Saga's little corner of Important and Useful Information in the Cyber World.

Saga

aJbioJH.gif

Hello. I won't be using any of my typical font formatting in my post because I want to make it comfortable for you to read, without squinting your eyes. I also do not want you to act oversensitive or over-uncaring when you read what happens around you, because it is literally around you as we live in the age of Cyber Matrix. The posts, well, for now one post, I will make in this thread [which I will lock] are completely made with one purpose - to educate you as much as I can. So, please. If you enter this thread - I want you to relax, get a cup of tea/coffee/hot chocolate, and take it seriously. Do not brush me off, 'pft' at me or roll eyes at me - I take from my precious sleeping time to give it to you and this community I love. Before I start my educating story, I want to thank Key for allowing me to create such a thread. I also want to apologize for my little selfishness and use the stick option, but if Key decides it shouldn't merge with other important threads about YaoiOtaku, since this thread has NOTHING TO DO WITH YAOIOTAKU, I completely agree to be unstuck. One more time for someone who missed it -> It. Has. Nothing. To. Do. With. YaoiOtaku. ------------------------------------------- Today is a beautiful day, is it not? You know what happens on such beautiful and ordinary days? Life.

OGxD7UK.gif

But it doesn't change the fact it is still a beautiful day. So much I've learned in my life. Today was a remarkable day for me. A day filled with choices and adrenaline, and god - who knows what else. So, my story should be yours. Take it to heart. Confucius had said once, "By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." Yes, you should reflect on my story, and learn by imitating the wisdom. It saves you the bad aftertaste. Now, onto the real thing. 24 hours I communicated with a scammer, who nearly scammed me and my family with the nice sum of 4000 Euro. And probably identity theft. None of which happened though. I mean, come on. I want to be a criminal profiler in the Department of Justice, I gotta develop some intuition at the very least. So, how did I spot this son of a...? Luck? Nah, I don't believe in the common perspective of luck. Intelligence? Please, I am as smart as I imagine to be but not that smart in reality. It is questioning. The process of questioning. You know, the answer sometimes is not important. Sometimes, the question is more important. Because questions create ideas. And ideas create reality. So, a wonderful Monday morning. Time to find a nice car in a very famous and rather trusted site for online selling cars. My family is not rich, so we wanted something simple and not so expensive - just to cover up for our needs, you know. So, second hand cars can be a nice choice. Of course, none of my family members is naive. Nor dumb (thanks god). But in such situations, you can't really say that it comes to how smart you are or how trusting you are. Anyway, that person was skillfully manipulative. Luckily the conversation was between him and me. My brother is younger, a young boy who has yet to see the beauty in this filth. My father, well, he is not a boy but he has no real technology up to date knowledge. So... We have a rule at home, to never give our full names - no matter who it is. If I don't work with you, involve myself with you in a legal way, documented, proof-checked -> get the f... off my email address' box, you $@%#@^!! Anyway. I am still in contact with this scammer, I figured out the things relatively fast actually but he doesn't know it. Now I am surprised how poor we are on institutions and agencies on international level to assist you to catch that motherf....

So, I am still pondering, even while typing this, which agency from the international departments to choose? The things is, why am I pondering, I ...sometimes believe, that some scammers and frauds come exactly from these offices. But let's leave that philosophical topic aside. My point is not to tell you how I managed to gain wisdom without really being burnt, without really being in a trouble ect. (-whew- Man, I am glad I wasn't scammed but 'was about to'). I am here to tell you, if you ever get in such trouble - what to do and how to wash your system off that bacterium. Money fraud, identity theft, cyber bullying/abusing/threatening and hacking are in one same category - cyber crime. You can always research what the usual procedure is when they try to phish you, there are some unusual ways but I am sure you will get enough of information, so, whether you get the equation as 4+5 or 5+4 -> you will always know it is 9. A metaphor. But a few people know how to deal with it, while being scammed and knowing it. RULE NUMBER 1. CEASE. STOP. ABANDON. SHUT IT OFF. DO NOT REPLY. STOP WRITING. DON'T TRY TO BE A HERO OF THE WORLD. DON'T SEEK JUSTICE IN A STUPID WAY. However you want it said to you, you have to stop writing to that person who is trying to scam you. You don't have to make excuses to get out of it, like, "Ah..changed my mind." or "I know you are a scammer!", or "I don't trust you, show me your ID." or "I found another way/another car/another house ect, so, I won't sign anything." ....or any other lame excuse you can think of. Remember, these people know how to use excuses and reasons, very well. I repeat, as annoying it is - stop talking to that person. You have at least 24 hours to reply in general, you know, things in life happen - you work, you are busy, so, the scammer won't really think - "Hmmmmm...what's happening here..." which will gain you time for one thing - BUILD A FRICKING CHINESE WALL AROUND YOU. What to do to use these precious 24 hours? 1. Please, I do hope you never provided personal information or bank information. But if you did, contact your bank right away, they know what to do when you tell them 'I am being scammed'. Also, if you have Paypal or anything like that - do the same. Contact them. If you used WesterUnion or MoneyGram to wire transfer - call these companies to abort the transfer, in case you caught on quick. If not, WesterUnion has a policy to refund sums to scammed people but you gotta research it yourself. 2. In case you downloaded something from the email; like images, pdf files, text files and such - or even clicking on some link from the email itself, even if you did not -> download

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
. Click on that name there, it has a link. The software is light and for free. Start it and it will scan whether you have some backdoors or rootkits hidden in your computer. If you have, it will clean them. Well, in case you are a hacker - you know what to do even without Kaspersky. Now, after you did. Go to this Kaspersky Virus Disk and attach the file you have downloaded, in case it wasn't removed by TDSS KILLER. ->
Accuracy is pretty high, unless you wanna dig in codes and scripts on your own to figure out whether the file was meant to harm you, I suggest you to look up Notepad++ Every file, [by the way, pdf files or png/gif files with transparency are most dangerous] open with Notepad++ will be shown to you with its codes. Usually files have a set rule, they start with a pattern "brand mark" of some code. So you can look up the file you have [its format, be it .pdf | .rar | .zip | .jpg | .png and so on] and see what the usual code is for that format in Notepad++ when you google it. For example, images usually start with the code: ff d8 ff e0 Done with the 'am I injected with something' moment. 3. Set a double protection or also known as a 2-step Verification on your email account. The idea is to break in your email account if you haven't given personal info [about banks]. So they will need some of your information - names, address and such [the very least to have an additional fake ID, using your info]. Note: And then Google fricking tells me to use my real name and the internet law that it is considered a fraud if you register under some other name. Well. Guess what, ( ︶︿︶)_╭∩╮ My account and public profiles never have my real name. Only my bank and Paypal have it. Oh, and my close friends > v >'' Just google your email host and word keys about double protection or anything with scam protection. If Gmail, write: Gmail 2-Step Verification 4. Cleanse your Email Content. Go to your email host page and look for an option to archive your emails or download them somewhat. Google it if you can't find it on your email host page. In my case, I use Gmail. So, go to this google page,
, leave only Gmail selected and then click on the drop down menu to choose which folders from your email box you want to archive and download. After that Gmail will proceed your request and will start converting your emails. Might take a few hours or a few days [depends on how huge the file will be], after that they email you with a link to download your archives. Once you do download it, empty your email box COMPLETELY. * Yes, you heard/read me/it right. Delete every single email. GO TO YOUR TRASH FOLDER - DELETE THEM THERE TOO. Note: Since you might have only a limited time, not days to wait for the archives to be proceeded from Gmail. I suggest you to keep most important emails. Create a new folder in your email box. Move these important emails there and when you choose which folder to archive - pick it. After a few minutes or in an hour, you will be able to download it. After that, delete everything * + the important emails you have in your mail box and in any folder you have. Remember, stay calm. Do not freak out just because some malicious son of a... is trying to f... you over. The calm mind in a battle is the winner, the calm mind in a war is the danger itself. 5. *Probably I had to say it before that. Let me put some symbol somewhere, to note it... Leave that son of a...'s mails to you in your email box, do not delete them. Leave only them there. Because they can be a double-edged blade in some cases for a scammer/a hacker. This is a long topic, but when you try to contact some agency for such things, they might request of you the full header of the email [where trees, branches, roots, leaves and bird...joking. There are codes and stuff encoded about the 'scammer' as well, might be helpful]. 6. Now that you have some...relatively good Chinese Wall there, DO NOT THINK that you are ready to go and act as a hero. -_- Continue ignoring this person, you might contact your email host via phone and consult with them what to do with that son of a..... You can block the person, because the more emails you get - the more dangerous it is. But make sure that you won't lose the full header's information. HOW TO GET THE FULL HEADER OFF AN EMAIL:
. Save it as a text file somewhere. 7. Monitor your computer, tablet, phone, bank account, paypal account, any other important account or any account linked to your money/identity, keep a STRICT WATCH. I don't care how tired you are and how much work you have. Keep updating yourself with information. If you notice something is changed, something is missing, something is tried to be probed and stolen via your email [as you will set a double protection, you will be notified right away via phone] -> take an action. - contact your bank - contact paypal - contact local police DO NOT FORGET. Some people, no idea why, share all of their accounts with their loved ones as a sign of trust [wtf]. Sorry to say it right now but..kick their ass out your accounts. If there is real trust, they will understand that not only you are in danger but they as well. P.S. Sorry if I caused your break-up.

3gy7DDW.gif

Stay safe and calm. Most scammers are not so good, if they are that obvious. I mean, for you to catch it - when you are not in their field of work, imagine how bad one is -_- I am not underestimating though. I am just saying, if you caught it and the scammer doesn't even know it yet, no personal info from your side - you have questioned the situation well. As for the people who had gotten scammed. ...My sincere apologies. I am sorry that another human being that bleeds in red - the way I do, that breathes oxygen - the way I do, that such a being harmed you. But I will finish my post with one nice quote by Mark Twain.

But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?

Brighten up and be positive. Anger and hate will not give birth to fulfillment in life. Saga out. h8Eq64W.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

Top Posters In This Topic

SAGA ON THE HORIZON. Brace yourself. yVEDkUj.gif Hey everyone! I am happy to see that the previous post was useful to people, I really didn't expect that much of feedback and the encouragement I got. Thank you. Today the topic won't be that long, nor that 'dark'. But, boy. I swear. It annoys the hell out of me. So, who knows that beautiful image below?

f06f4le.jpg

Yes, I agree with you. These idiots broke millions of images all over the web, just like that. Flick your finger, it's bloody gone. But, oh wait. They say that I can unlock my content, if I visit the link on the image? Oh. Thanks god. Let's do what they say [since it is always smart to do as rich a**** tell you to]. So, after we access the link, we surely will get the content unlocked and all will be fine-

5ugPUqFiRtGyRHVNWWoG2w.png

16nLCoi.gif

. . . . . . . . . . . Money. Of course, it is money. I just gotta love how they tried to justify their good Math grades from elementary school and calculate it for us, "the idiots", that it is just 27 cents per day for the Premium Plan, and $1.10 per day for the Business Plan. Not like I will, somewhat, forget the shocking price of $99.99 per year for Premium and $399.99 per year for Business (will these people ever stop with the 99/100 marketing trick? ...what can I do with that one cent for f...'s sake!?) But let's forget Photobucket and just find another image hosting site, right? ...No. If you have important images you lost, somewhat, due to that new policy [well, not so new anymore] - I have a small trick for you, to access your images and save them for a reupload. Yup, yup. You heard/read right. So, you need to get one browser's extension called: Photobucket Hotlink Fix Once you install it, go to your extensions' manager/list and check the 'Allow access to file URLs' DyqH5wnCSbmMBTlAg2prZw.png Once you set it on, refresh the page with the 'broken Photobucket images'. In case you still can't see them, clear your browser's history and cookies/cache. Voilà! Enjoy your images again. Don't forget to save them and reupload them because this is a way to review them only or save them in their original state, which doesn't mean a person who is reviewing the same image, but from another PC without that extension, will be able to see it too. You are welcome! SAGA OUT

• 2 months later...

Well, it's time to hunt for some file sharing sites. I am basically making this list not only for the community, but for myself as well. Some sites though have that annoying rule of expiration. If no one downloads the file, it will be deleted. To understand the table, I will create a short legend below. legend: D/E - files don't expire, ever; 1/E - after one month inactivity [no downloading] it expires; 2/E - after two months inactivity... 3/E - after three months... etc C/E - customized expiration, setting your own 'expiring date'; N/A - no info about it; ------------------------------------- [TABLE=width: 500] [TR] [TD]google drive,

[/TD] [TD]D/E[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]yandex drive,
[/TD] [TD]D/E[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]sendspace,
[/TD] [TD]1/E[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]mediafire,
[/TD] [TD]1/E[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]mega,
[/TD] [TD]D/E[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]senduit,
[/TD] [TD]C/E[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]zippyshare,
[/TD] [TD]1/E[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]file dropper,
[/TD] [TD]1/E[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]global files,
[/TD] [TD]C/E[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]uptobox,
[/TD] [TD]3/E[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Saga unpinned this topic