Project: Ai no Kusabi ebooks - Requesting help!

ChuiRiza

Hello, everyone! First of all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so my apologies in advance if it isn't.

TL;DR: I'm converting the scans of the officially translated version of Ai no Kusabi to ebook (EPUB format). I'm looking for proof readers and people with awesome Photoshop skills to improve the images of the scans before putting them into the ebook.

Long story:

A couple of days ago I decided to read

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, an old and pretty famous BL novel, and I found out that the content of the series is scattered all over the Internet. There are fan translations focused on the 6-books version, some of them focused on the 8-books version, some blogs collected these translations and mixed them up together... I hadn't had such a hard time finding a series of books in a long time.

Finally I came across

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
in the forum, and downloaded the scans of the officially translated books. That's definitely better than all those random fan translations links going around on Geocities-like sites, but I think that's still not good enough for such an iconic novel.

I also tried my best to get legal copies, and found out that most books are out of stock everywhere, and only the first three volumes can be purchased as ebooks on Amazon.

So I decided to create the ebooks myself as I read the novels. It's going to be a long journey and I'd like the result to be absolutely perfect. But for that, I need some help:

1. Proof readers: it will require to read both the ebook and the scans at the same time, and compare that the text matches exactly. Pretty much what I'm doing while converting it, but the more people the better results.
    u1qmLyb.png
  2. Awesome Photoshop skills: the one I need the most help with. The images in the scans have, of course, low contrast and you can even see the lines from the other side of the page. I'd like the images to look a little less "scan-ish" in the ebook.
    BM2tWrm.jpg
    E7v6zzK.jpg

Any suggestions are welcome! If you have experience editing ebooks, you can also help by making sure I'm following the best practices for it.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• voide

• ChuiRiza

Top Posters In This Topic