[ In the company of shadows ] by Santino & Ais

Riki

tumblr_opsjwthS4U1w9fd12o2_500.gif

Hello there!

Some months ago I read “In the company of shadows” and really loved it. My BL novel’s friends are non-existent so I thought I could create a Fanclub so all lovers of this amazing series can chat a little, share fanarts, etc.

This series consists of four books, and an extra. But before everything, let me introduce the main characters with a description I found on GR:

Sin is thought of as inhuman. And Boyd is more like a robot.

Sin has been labeled as 'Monster'. And Boyd has been labeled as 'Worthless'.

Sin is feared by everyone, afterall he is death. Boyd does not fear death.

Yeah, that’s pretty accurate.

Now, let’s beggin.

1. Evenfall

My favorite part, Mexico. All readers were like “wait till Mexico, don’t stop before Mexico, it’s all worth it once they get to Mexico...” and It was. Seriously.

- “...Are you always this charming after a morning blowjob or am I just lucky?"

- “Hey, you”. Boyd paused, looking over at Sin with warily narrowed eyes. He didn’t know what to make of the mixed messages of a greeting and a gun but he did know he didn’t want to get into another fight. “Hey”, he said in return after a beat of silence. Sin held up a plastic bag. “Would you like a gummy bear?”, Boyd eyed him. “Sure”.

I kind of hated Boyd in the book tho. He got on my nerves. But by the end, I liked him already.

2. Afterimage

I love and hate Afterimage so much. Don’t have a favorite part, because every part of the book was so perfect I can’t decide.

Contrary to the world, I started loving Boyd here. His actions were really… human. Not good actions... but human actions.

And Hsin, OMG, I love you, I love him… I don’t have any others words that could describe what I felt toward him. I just wanted him to be happy, with whoever, I didn’t even care if it was Boyd, I would have even accepted Carhart if that was what he wanted… CARHART!!

- He loved him enough to want to die for hurting him, loved him enough to kill himself slowly for fear of losing him, loved him enough to suffer silently if he thought it was in Boyd's interest. Sin loved Boyd enough to make difficult decisions easily, as if there were no contest; he went toward Boyd as if he hadn't even considered any other choices.

- If insanity had a temporary cure, its name would be Boyd's Blowjob. He could open his own store full of home remedies; it'd give the term 'Head Shop' a whole new meaning.

- “Who the hell is this?"

"God's new gift to women?" Emilio offered with an innocent smile. "I guess he figured since you're going to kill me, the world needed a replacement.”

3. The Interludes

WORTH IT. EVERY TEAR DROPPED IN AFTERIMAGE WAS WORTH IT FOR THE INTERLUDES.

That’s all I’m going to say.

- “It doesn't change that I still want him, I still want to be with him, I still feel like the fucking air has been sucked out of the room when he walks in and I still think about him all the time.”

- “So... why did it end?"

Sin looked at Boyd sidelong before shrugging simply. "Because he wasn't you”

- “So, I'm just going to tell you how it is for me,' Boyd continued frankly. His gaze was intense and sincere as he didn't look away from Sin's eyes. 'I love you more than I've ever loved anyone. I think about you all the time. It's been hell trying to keep myself away - every time you're close I just want to touch you. I would do anything for you. And if I could have anything in the world right now, I would be in a relationship with you."

KILL ME PLEASE

- “Your feelings and thoughts are your own and fuck them if they think they can control them.”

4. Fade

Ais and Santino know how to blow my mind. I SUFFERED WITH THIS BOOK. A lot more than with Afterimage.

But I won’t go into it. I want to read what you all felt with this one. Not sharing my misfortune anymore XD.

- “Freedom is not worth it without him.”

Yeah, I’m dead.

- “I love you, Hsin," he said hoarsely. "I missed you so much."

"I love you, too." Sin's voice was still thick and husky. "I came back for you. Because I wanted to find you, because I wanted to remember you.”

Crying an ocean here…

- “You speak of yourself and others who were in your same position as objects."

Boyd's eyebrows ticked up. "Isn't that what I am? I was merchandise there but now I'm back to being a tool. It's nothing but semantics.”

- “It's because the truth is important. Never let anyone tell you differently, Boyd. Even if it hurts to say, even if it's painful to hear, even if you wish you could run the other way—it's important. It separates the people with integrity from the deceivers. It's what makes a person trustworthy. Somebody to believe in”

The only thing left I have to say is for Boyd and Hsin, whatever they decide to do, I hope everything goes okay. And please, find Happiness, my sweethearts.

What are your thoughts on the series? :)

P.S.: These books are free. You can download them from the official page:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riki

• voide

• Orient

• Racheal

Top Posters In This Topic

hsin is actually one of my fave characters in MM books overall. i believe Santino wrote this part? i liked how he looks like a monster from the outside but he was so much more in the inside. sounds cliche i know but i liked him. unfortunately, i throw towel in. i can't even passed the interludes bc kassian. i'm such a hopeless romantic so i wanted hsin w boyd but yeah then kassian happened. sorry man. (emilio is good tho) but i can't deny this is one of the best MM series out there. the world building, the characters, the emotion. at least till the part i've read. thanks for sharing this. [that gif is sensual : )]

Ahh Kassian, yeah, I hated Kassian in afterimage and part of the interludes! But he gets better, really! You should try reading again :D

If you like romantic stuff, there is Vermont waiting for you, is like a perfect version of Mexico :D.

Yes, Santino wrote Hsin and Boyd is Ais' character.

In Fade, Boyd suffers a lot, so if you're mad at him for what he did with Kassian you're going to forgive him, I can assure you of that haha. The pain is palpable.

In the end, even with all the assassinations, violence, treason, etc, the main plot is about the love of these two babies and how they, together, overcome The Agency...

Wow... I'm making it sound even more cliche XD. Sorry.

you think so? i actually plan to pick up the book back but i don't know what to expect. you said boyd will suffers a lot? emotional or physically? bc i wanna him emotionally suffers so much (am i cruel yet? haha) thanks. i think i'll consider this series once again now i know someone who i can trust to tell me whether boyd is suffering or not. he might has pretty face but when he hurts hsin no man. that's a no go :p

Oh, yes, he suffered physically AND emotionally the first half of Fade. Like I said before, his pain is palpable. But, that is when someone can realize Boyd has matured a lot, and is a really better version of himself!!

And I love how in The Interludes he burns with jealousy for Hsin :D

So, yeah, let me know if you pick it up, I'm going to spam you with messages XD

boyd is jealous? yeah, my new discovered kinks. wait.. is this happened in the interludes? i don't remember this part o_o

i remember i stopped at the mark when boyd been together with kassian. i mean together as in had sex and all. haha lol so was this happened after he with kassian had sex or before? i remember there's ann? yeah, i need to refresh the hell out of this series. thanks, buddy. i look forward to your messages :D

Wait! Kassian and Boyd, Hsin and Ann, all that happened if Afterimage! Maybe you're confusing the book's names? Could it be you stopped at Afterimage? In the interludes, the first 10% Boyd still had a thing with Kassian but they stopped after that! The rest of the book goes straight to heaven ❤

And yes, Hsin found a new 'friend' because Boyd was being an idiot, and then Boyd started regretting his decisions and getting super jealous :D hahaha. (This all happened in The Interludes).

one last message before i go. man. i think i know about this boyd getting jealous.. hsin met someone who looks like boyd, right? and i feel pity for that poor guy. bc he really likes hsin. yeah, i read somewhere around here. so, is that means, boyd calls off everything with kassian? okay. i think i can continue reading this after all. please don't be another 'love interest'. my poor heart can't take it. i mean, i can take ann, but kassian? he's hot. but he looks fishy to me lol

• 5 weeks later...

Also like the books,

!!!

Had the hard time though reading because it was hard on me too

, so stopped at #2, I think. Getting strength to finish it one day. The characters are so alive. Makes me feel saaaaad((

, you should totally read it!!! I know Afterimage is pretty hard to pass but believe me when I say it's worth a try :D

- Disclaimer: I may have deliberately skipped the Boyd-Kassian make out. Just don't tell anyone XD -

So you can do that too if you don't like those parts. They were pretty disgusting to me too haha.

[MENTION=342224]

- Disclaimer: I may have deliberately skipped the Boyd-Kassian make out. Just don't tell anyone XD -

Sounds familiar xx

I bet you’d go straight for the heart bit of watermelon ;););)

Santino writes good. That’s the problem for me while I try do not invest myself much into characters.

Btw, good photo in the contest!!! And I was going to post my Christmas gifted manga. Cheeky you

:Wink:

wait, so you skipped Kassian/Boyd too?? hehe

buddy, wanna buddy read? :p also, agreed. SH is a damn good writer imo. (or maybe i'm biased bc i got a little bit crush on him lols)

, I have immediate crash on writers who make their characters alive.

Santino does it for me: feeling longing, embarrassment, fear etc at the same time as character :cuteonion50:

Glad to feel your shoulder here, mate !!

, ooh, this is embarrassing lmao, thank you, I may be a little too much of a fan :D. I like Santino's writing too! And of course, love Hsin with all my heart, but I think is Ais' writing that captivates me. Have you read works of them apart?

When I read ' After midnight ' (Santino's work) I thought it was pretty good, but something felt like missing. While reading Ais' 'The Julian files' it felt perfect

, you discovered me XD. Yeah, I skipped most of their make-out scenes, maybe that's why I could continue reading the rest of the books tho. Hhmm...

gotcha! :p also, tell me about this Ais's book you've mentioned. if it's menage, then i will take a leave, sir. if it's not, enlighten me, please.

, of course, sir. It's my pleasure to do so ;D

It's not really a book yet, it's a collection of chapters, more or less.

The Julian files is a side-story set in the past of ICoS! focusing primarily on Private Investigator Julian 'JJ' Jones, but including Cedrick and his family.

It follows their journey investigating The Agency and other things.

I don't know if you remember but Cedrick is Boyd's father.

This story includes 5-year-old Boyd

Although I wouldn't recommend to read it before finishing ICoS because it contains spoilers :)

Anyway, you can download it from

yeah, i remember cedrick. ooh, this sounds painful & thousands of awesomeness? i loved PI/mystery story. but i have to complete the series first? (yawping)

thanks for the link btw!

tbh i really missed boyd & hsin. but the series are way too long & not forgetting the potential of other love interest/love rivals. i think i can handle physical torture in book. but heart/feelings torture? i have my limit & ICoS feels like challenging my limit lols but now, i feel the urge to read Ais's book, so i'll have to continue ICoS..(i don't mind spoilers but my little ocd tells me to follow the sequence)

i am downloading (again) the interludes & fade now. i am questioning my own conscience. i'll be back in.. idk when :D but thanks for the moral support hehe..

i almost forgot how cold vivienne is. poor boyd. that scene with emilio & hsin. that scene with boyd & hsin. that scene with emilio with carhart. yeah, i started reading this hell.. :p

tbh i really missed boyd & hsin. but the series are way too long & not forgetting the potential of other love interest/love rivals. i think i can handle physical torture in book. but heart/feelings torture? i have my limit & ICoS feels like challenging my limit lols but now, i feel the urge to read Ais's book, so i'll have to continue ICoS..(i don't mind spoilers but my little ocd tells me to follow the sequence)

This what I was thinking,

Happy to discover more of CoS,

lLb35TT9rJs0.gif