The Next Alice(Private)(Me+Rumpleteaser)

Ms.Flair

Kise.Ryouta.full.1914282.jpg

Name: Yukio

Race:Human

Family: His parents are still living and he is only child

Likes: Cooking and Baking, Soccer, Hanging out with his friends

Dislikes: The wonderland stories, being stuck inside

Strengths: His athletic ability, his intelligence

Weaknesses: His short temper, and he has small weakness for sweets

Personality: He does have a temper, cheerful, athletic, can be competitive and serious at times.

Bio: Yukio lived a normal life but he really didn't. It was all because of his great great grandmother, with her tales as Alice. One of the Alice, Alice in Wonderland story. His family tried to keep the stories alive, but Yukio never really believed it. He thought she was a little bit of a nut job for thinking that.

There are stories out there, a children's tale that a girl fell into a world called wonderland. That story was called Alice in Wonderland. His great grandmother was the first one to ever travel there and come back. Now the stories of that Alice have been recorded and are in a joural that are told years later.

--

Yukio was just getting out of the restaurant, as he stretched out with a yawn escaping his lips. Checking the time, it was still pretty early. He did morning shifts, so he could have the rest of his days and nights to himself. Heading to local park that was a couple minute walk away, as he carried his work bag with him which contained other things inside of the bag.

Reaching the park, as he moved to sit against the tree. Taking out his books, as Yukio started to look through them while he read them. It wasn't long before he started to doze off, as he fell into a light sleep against the tree. His eyes opened up, when he heard footsteps nearby him. Opening them up slowly, he jumped back out of shock to see this figure with white rabbit ears. "Did I overwork.." he thought to himself before he started to put his things away.

The figure wanted him to follow, as he moved through the park but noticed something. Did this guy look like something from those tales in that journal he found in the attic. Following the figure again, as he watched the rabbit jump into a hole of sorts. Going toward the hole, as he looked down the hole before he fell forward. He lost his balance, as he like he was falling now..

This was madness! What was happening to him?!

Some screams escaped from him, before he felt his body hit the ground with a thud. Laying there on the floor for a moment, as he started get up from the floor. Standing up now, he looked around as he looked what he got himself into.

He was dreaming right? This environment looked like something that came straight from a day of tripping on sort of drug! "Where am I?" he asked out. There was no rabbit there, it had disappeared.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ms.Flair

• Rumpleteaser

Names: Hurst, aka the Black Joker or the "other" joker

Race: Human

Likes: Jogging, ropes, nature, hiking, training, hot meals, reading, people with glasses, his sceptre, standing in the rain, pine trees

Dislikes: Not getting his own way, the Queen of Hearts, annoying people, serving the Queen of Hearts, hot weather, flirts

Role: Seke

Sexuality: Pansexual

Personality: Hurst lives in survival mode. He does what he has to in order to survive. He is used to following orders from the Black Queen but hates following orders from the Red Queen. He hates her. He is temperamental and quick to snap. He is generally a man of action who acts decisively. He is quick on his feet and sharp of tongue. He is generally considered coarse and not fit for the Queen of Heart's court because of his strong accent. Jokers aren't well respected, despite their skill and usefulness. For that reason, he can be a bit bitter.

Biography: Myrta and Hurst are the two joker twins. Myrta, as the Red Joker, has more status and was born first. Both twins were born with a sceptre each, which is the soul outside their body and where their magic comes from. Without it, their magic is very hard to control. The twins are very close in every way. They are rivals as well as best friends. Sometimes they get along, sometimes they do not. The main thing that divides them is their loyalty. Myrta, as the Red Joker, serves the Red Queen.

Being a joker runs in the family. They're one of the few neutral parties in the struggle between black and red. Their paternal grandfather was the previous Red Joker, up until Hurst and Myrta were old enough to take on the role.

At the age of three years old, the wins started training to be the next set of jokers. That meant training from their father in the ways of circus magic and lots of reading about their past, lore and everything they needed to know about being jokers to the two sovereigns. There was a lot of training involved, which was first more like structured playtime but got more intense as they grew. They loved competing and challenging one another. It was hard to tell who was a bad influence on who. They were always testing their limits and wondering off into the forests on adventures.

Finally, at the age of 16, they were old enough to start work with their respective rulers, under the eye of their grandfather and his brother, the previous Black Joker. At the exact same time, Hurst rode out in a carriage to the Kingdom of Spades to the west of Wonderland and Myrta rode out in a carriage to the Kingdom of Hearts to the east of Wonderland. After that, they did not see each other except on official business.

Unfortunately, while the Black Joker was out on royal business, he was captured by the Ace of Diamonds. The Red Queen took his sceptre six years ago and now controls his soul. His clothes were burned and he was given a whole new wardrobe with crimson hearts all over it, to match his sister's attire. The Red Queen also had his sceptre dipped in red paint, something he loathes. Since then he has begrudgingly served her. He would leave at once if only he had his precious sceptre back.

Appearance: Hurst is as dark as his twin sister is colourful. He has black hair and grey eyes, whereas she has wild red-gold curls, cyan eyes and red lips. Everything else is similar though. They're both the same height of 5'9", have the same facial structure and the same lean, muscular physique. The other difference between them is their sceptres. Myrta's is red and gold where Hurst's is black and white. At least, his sceptre was black and white before the Queen of Hearts dipped it in red paint. The sceptres are ornately patterned and carved out of what appears to be a light-weight wood.

'GUARDS! GUARDS!' shouted the Queen of Hearts.

Men in mail and tabards came running up to the dais two-by-two. The men were all numbered cards with their suits displayed on the front of their tabards. They hit their gauntleted fists to their chests then got down on one knee. They stayed there expectantly as they waited for their sovereign to give her orders. By her side, the Red King sat on a larger throne, though everyone knew who held the power.

'FETCH ME MY JOKERS!' the queen screeched. 'GO!'

'YES, MY QUEEN,' the men shouted in unison. They then marched out at top speed, all in unison, so their feet made a steady rhythm on the polished marble floors.

The man previously known as the Black Joker was tied to a maypole in the village square. He was absolutely sick of their singing and revelry. It was always the same song - ALWAYS. He couldn't stand it. He twisted and tugged at the handkerchief rope binding him to the pole but the more he twisted, the tighter it got. The sly bitch who sat on the throne had made his twin sister tie it up, he knew full well that she was good at her work. He didn't blame his sister for his present predicament though. He blamed the aces who caught him.

'Oh, for Hatta's sake! SHUT UP!' Hurst shouted through bared teeth.

'Here we go round the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush,' the animals sang.

Hurst backed up against the pole and pushed himself to standing as he heard the cards in their chainmail armour approaching. He bared his teeth and glared at them loathsomely as they came close to him.

'Joker, our beloved queen requests your attendance,' said the Ten of Hearts. The tens were the highest ranking guards.

'She requests me attendance, does she? More like she orders it or orff with m' head!' Hurst snapped.

Hurst struggled again and stared at the pair of red tens defiantly. He yanked away from them as they untied him and looked about to bolt as they frog-marched him through the grounds and past the many beautiful buildings. He knew he couldn't run though, not when the queen had his sceptre. Instead, he busied himself with trying to get out of their grasp so he could march himself to the queen of his own accord. It didn't work very well. There were more of them than there were of him and they were determined to conduct things in a way the queen could approve of.

'WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?' the Red Queen announced as the joker was thrown to the floor.

Hurst jumped up immediately and saw that his sister was there, standing with dignified poise beside him.

One glance at one another told him she had as little knowledge as to why they'd been summoned as he did. Myrta smiled at him though and gave him a wink before giving the queen her full attention.

'Forgive me, my queen. The joker insisted on struggling the whole way,' said the Ten of Hearts.

'WHAT SORT OF EXCUSE IS THAT?' boomed the buxom woman.

'Yes, indeed. What sort of excuse is that?' asked the diminutive Red King in a quiet voice.

'O-of course, my queen, my king,' said the Ten of Hearts, bowing low.

'WELL?' asked the queen. 'WHAT SORT OF EXCUSE IS IT?'

'A weak excuse,' replied the king.

'YOU KNOW WE CANNOT STAND WEAKNESS,' the queen said in her booming voice. 'GO TO THE JACK! HE IS TO BEAT THAT WEAKNESS OUT OF YOU!'

'You are wise, my beloved Queen of Hearts,' the Ten of Hearts said in a sorrowful voice.

The Ten of Hearts bowed low and strode off, leaving his partner, the Ten of Diamonds, at the lead.

'NOW, MY JOKERS. WE SUPPOSE YOU ARE BOTH WONDERING WHY WE HAVE SUMMONED YOU HERE.'

'Aye, my queen,' Myrta replied hastily, cutting off any smart remark her brother might make. 'We were wonder'n.'

'SEE, MY LOVE. WE TOLD YOU THEY WOULDN'T KNOW,' the Queen of Hearts said to her husband.

'You were right, my love,' he said with a nod and a sigh.

'YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONED HERE BECAUSE WE HAVE AN URGENT TASK FOR YOU,' the queen proclaimed. 'THE CHESHIRE CAT PROPHECISED THE COMING OF A NEW ALICE AND THE ACES HAVE CONFIRMED THAT NOW IS THE TIME FOR IT TO ARRIVE.'

'Ae am listening, my queen,' Myrta said in her firm, masculine voice.

'BE QUIET, JOKER. WE DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO SPEAK.'

The Red Joker bowed low, taking off her four-pointed hat and giving it a flourish.

'WE TASK YOU BOTH WITH FINDING THE ALICE. THE FIRST TO FIND THE ALICE AND BRING IT TO ME WILL BE GIVEN A BOON. YOU MAY ASK ONE REQUEST AND WE WILL DECIDE WHETHER TO GRANT IT,' the queen announced.

Hurst almost got his hopes up - almost. If the Red Queen had not added the terms of "we will decide whether to grant it," he might have gotten his sceptre back. Now the Queen of Hearts had a way to go back on her promise. Typical. The queen always found a way to get her way. There was no way but her way in the Kingdom of Hearts. With the Queen of Hearts encroaching on the Queen of Spade's territory, the foreseeable future could see all of Wonderland following the Red Queen's way.

The twins looked at one another and both bowed low at the same time. The Queen of Hearts held out her hand for them to kiss and the Red Joker came forward. She bowed low and took the queen's hand.

She placed a kiss on the queen's ruby ring.

'Thank you, my beloved queen,' she said evenly.

Next, it was the Hurst's turn. He did the same thing as his twin sister but said thank you through clenched teeth, trying to keep the venom from his voice. The queen then pointed to the door and sent the jokers on their way.

'Ye're getting better at tha,' Myrta said once they were out of earshot.

'Ae still 'ate kissing tha thing,' he said. 'Wicked beast.'

'Don' say that. She ain't as bad as all tha,' she replied.

'Ye try bein' tied te a maypole frr six months and see how ye like 'er then.'

They stopped talking after that and kept walking silently side by side. The jokers had been given no other hints as to where the Alice would be or where they would appear so they would go to the forest where the Alice had been known to appear twice. They left the castle, left the court grounds and walked into the Great Forest. They kept going until they got to a fork in the road. There was a signpost saying "The High Road" and "The Low Road". The twins hugged and took their separate roads, Myrta to the High Road and Hurst to the Low Road.

Yukio started to look around, as he started walk around the surrounding areas. Looking around, as he didn't want to go touching or eating anything around him. Stopping suddenly, something was starting to roll the gears in his head while he moved through his bag. Going into his bag, as he pulled out the journal from the bag. Opening it up, as he started to flip through the pages.

Stopping at a page, as he looked at the one page before putting it away. "This place can't be that place? Her tales aren't true," Yukio said with a shake of his head as he continued to walk down the path he was following. He thought he saw something in the tree, but shook it off.

This was really weird but he would have to find a way to get out of there.

He felt like he had been walking for some time, as he stopped at a simple direction post. Looking over the direction post, as he looked both ways. They both looked the same, but he choose the one on the right. While walking though, he could hear a terrible sound from behind and it made him quicken his pace. It sounded like it was getting closer, as he started to run now.

Running further down, as he wasn't looking where he was going. He tripped over something, as he tried to brace himself for the pain to come. After he fell down, he quickly got up but it seemed like it was own imagination maybe. "I need out of this place..."

'Do you mind?' came the annoyed voice of a badger-mole.

The strange looking creature poked its head out of its hole and glared up at the Alice. It tutted away, turned around and muttered about people putting their foot in his home, a hole in the ground. He began digging and flicking soil out of the hole at the human.

'Don't mind him. He's always cranky during the day,' said a giant poppy. She peered down at the Alice, her stem bent over low.

'It's his own fault for making his hole on the path,' commented a violet. The other little violets peeked across at the man, studying him with curiosity. 'We don't get many people visiting us, except badger-mole here. What type of creature are you?'

'Are you a flower or a weed?' asked the rose in her regal voice. 'You don't look like a flower? Are you a card, or perhaps a chess piece? Where's your uniform?'

'Yes! Yes! You can't be seen without your uniform. How will anyone know what card you are?!' said the rose's sister.

All the flowers tutted and shook their blooms in a way similar to how humans would shake their heads.

Yukio looked around for the voice, before spotting the creature who was speaking. Yukio jumped back, as he tried to stop the scream that was gonna come from his voice. Coughing a little, as he felt the dust hit him while it was getting tossed at.

Turning to the other voices, as he looked at the flowers that were talking now. "I am a human, I guess my kind doesn't come here but I still think I must dreaming all of this," Yukio said, muttering the last part. Yukio listened to the flowers, as he stepped backwards. Yukio moved to pinch himself, as he let out a yelp.

He wasn't dreaming, this was all real.

Though the mention of chess piece, it made the cogs in the head move more. Pulling out the book again, before he started to go through before falling onto a page. Closing it finally, before he placed it back in his hand.

"I must get going, I need a find a way home. I do have a question though, Am I in Wonderland? Someone mentioned the chess pieces you are talking in this book I have."

-

Yukio started to move around the area though, starting to pace back and forth. He stopped himself, as he waved to them when he finally got what answers he could grab. "I need to go now. Thank you for the information.."

'Human?! Human?! You mean you're not from Wonderland?' said the outraged rose sister.

'Does that mean you're an Alice?' asked one of the violets.

'Now what did you do that for?' asked one of the daffodils, standing proud on her thick stem. She'd seen him pinch himself and heard his yelp. 'You must be very silly indeed to want to hurt yourself.'

'What if he's mad?' asked one of the violets nervously.

The flowers started chattering amongst themselves like old ladies at a garden party, peering down at the Alice with suspicious looks. The last Alice had been little more than a weed to them. They certainly didn't want another weed in their garden beds.

'Of course you're in Wonderland,' remarked the rose. 'Where else would you be?'

The violets bowed their heads as the Alice waved to them. They watched him pacing back and forth before he left.

'Oh! Before you go, Mr Alice, find the Cheshire Cat. He'll know what do to with you,' one of the violets said.

'And watch out for the Black Queen and the Ace of Spades!' warned another.

'You don't put "and" at the start of a sentence,' corrected the regal rose.

'Those violets are quite unbecoming,' commented her sister.

Up ahead of Yukio was a hill with a path that lead to a strange country that looked like a chess board. Instead of black patches there were forests and instead of white patches there were fields. Beyond that was a vast forest that went all the way to the horizon. To the left of the board was a giant, black and white palace and to the other side was a magnificent red and gold castle. Going through all of this was a rail system that went from one side of the chess board to the other and criss-crossed at various intersections. There seemed no pattern or logic to the way the railroads worked. Trains where going forwards, backwards, leftwards, rightwards and every contrary-wards in between.

Yukio had shook his head no, "I am not from Wonderland," Yukio said to one of the rose sisters.

Shrugging his shoulders, as he had no idea if he was a Alice or not. His great great grandmother was one, but maybe he could. "I don't know for sure. Someone from my family was one," Yukio said to them all.

Yukio didn't like being called Mr.Alice, my name is Yukio," he had said before leaving the flowers while trying to avoiding any other troubles.

Yukio thought he would try to go in and see if he could find a way but noticed that wasn't gonna happen at all. Seeing what chaos was happening, he did find a better way around. Finding one through the forest, he walked through the forest till he came upon something that seemed foggy again.

Getting closer, the fog actually had a smell and it was making him cough a little. Walking farther through the fog, he looked around the surrounding area before he came upon this creature who was on a giant mushroom smoking something from a hookah he seemed.

"Hello?" Yukio called out as the creature turned to Yukio with a curious look coming upon the creature's face.

'Where are you from if you're not from Wonderland? Only Wonders are allowed in Wonderland. You mustn't be very wonderful,' answered the rose sister.

'Yukio? We've never heard of a Yukio,' said a violet.

'What's a Yukio?' asked another violet.

'Seeee... deeee... eeee... eeff... geeee!' anounced the caterpillar. He pronounced and elongated the sound of every letter slowly, as if trying to break them down to their smallest sounds. At first he didn't see Yukio through all the haze but then he blinked a few times and turned around slowly. He was wearing thick, full moon spectacles with silver rims, making his eyes look twice the size they really were.

'Whooo aaarre youuu?' he asked in a haughty, slow voice. As he spoke, the letters "OOO", "R" and "U" appeared in the air. They soon dissipated into the rest of the hookah smoke lingering in the air.

The caterpillar leaned forward and took a drag from his hookah. He exhaled slowly, making ring after ring of smoke in the hazy air. He slid down from the mushroom he as sitting on and slithered along the ground to get a better look at Yukio. He groaned softly with the exertion of clambering down. Obviously he was interested if he'd get down from the relative compfort of his mushroom. Even with his glasses, he still squinted to look at Yukio. His eyes were pink and bloodshot from being so high on hookah.

'I ssssaid "whooo aaarre youuu?"' the fat, green caterpillar repeated. This time the letters "I", "S", "OOO", "R" and "U" blew into Yukio's face. A lower set of hands waved the smoke away and the caterpillar seemed to stare through Yukio rather than at him.

Yukio walked through all the smoke, as he looked at the creature that looked like a giant caterpillar. Yukio sort of spooked, when he saw it look toward him. Stepping backwards a little, he was careful with his footing since he did hurt him the last time.

When asked the first time, Yukio was silent at first but answerd though. "My name is Yukio," Yukio said to him in a answer to his question.

Watching him get off the mushroom, he stood there now in a little bit of fear filling him up now. Looking at his eyes, he could smell something off with this smoke. Not normal smoke, something intoxicating and sweet.

When asked the second time, he growled even. "I said my name is Yukio! I was told I was someone named Alice, but only one who would be that would be my great great grandmother. She said she been there, but a lot of the family thought she was going crazy..." Yukio said, explaining some more now.

With all of the smoke getting thrown around, Yukio started to cough out and was starting to not feel well. His head was fuzzy and he could feel like he was getting even light headed. "What are you even smoking.." Yukio questioned as he felt his body start to sway around like he wasn't feeling well. It wasn't long, before collapsed to his knees with a loud thud with his bag coming apart, spilling the contents all over the floor.

With the contents on the floor, he was trying to keep himself from passing out from all of the smoke. Moving around blindly, as he tried to collect everything before he fully passed out there on the floor. He had collected most of his things, only thing that was left out was the journal from his great great grandmother.

-

Something had watched the scene, as it made a chuckle before disappearing completely. What had disappeared was the Cheshire Cat and he had a good guess that was the next Alice!

'Yuuukiiooo! Yuuukiiooo! Yuuukiiooo!' the caterpillar cried. The letters "U", "K" and "O" appeared in the air three times, puffing more smoke into Yukio's face. He sniffed hard through his nose then coughed before taking another drag of his hookah. He sure was taking a lot of that stuff and it was making the visibility very low.

'I knew your great-great-grandmother personally. Can you guess how old that makes me?' he asked, peering at the man. Every time he spoke, a smoke letter appeared for each word he spoke. 'You have the same hair as your grandmother but her eyes were blue, not gold. You're taller and older than she was too. I thought only little Alices could enter Wonderland. Big Alices think they know too much.'

'I am smoking what I always smoke,' the caterpillar announced, as if it was obvious and Yukio should have known better. He watched as Yukio fell to his knees and started to gather up his belongings. When Yukio passed out, the caterpillar turned aside and clambered back onto his mushroom. He'd lost interest now that Yukio was unconscious. He took a puff of his hookah and resumed his position.

'Aaaay... beeee... seeee... deeee... eeee...' said the caterpillar.

'Oh, shut yer yappin'! Don't ye have anythin' better te say?' muttered a giant Hurst.

Hurst must have looked as tall as ten-hundred buildings to the tiny caterpillar. The joker was even tempted to step on the insect until he decided better of it and crouched down to give the creature a poke instead.

'Whooo aaarre youuu?' the caterpillar asked in his haughty tone. As he spoke, the letters "OOO", "R" and "U" appeared in the air, just as they had when Yukio had first arrived.

'It's the Black Joker. Ye ken tha',' he snapped.

'There is no Black Joker. There are two Red Jokers in the pack,' replied the caterpillar.

Hurst clenched his fist and was just about to slam it down to squash both the caterpillar and the mushroom when he spotted a tiny, blonde male laying crumpled on the ground inside the haze. He waved his massive hand through the air to clear the smoke then pinched some mushroom off the left side of the mushroom, causing him to shrink to the same size as the flowers, caterpillar and the Alice. Hurst coughed at the smoke and knew he didn't have long until the smoke got to him too. He poked the Alice with his foot to make sure it was properly passed out then crouched down to take a look at it. Huh, he was older than the previous Alice was said to be. This one looked about twenty years old, not ten. Hurst was sure it was the Alice though, who else would be wearing such outlandish costume?

Looking around, Hurst came up to the mushroom again and grabbed two tiny handfuls of the right side of the mushroom. He took a bite of one hand and wrapped the other piece in a bit of old napkin he found in the Alice's bag. As he started to grow, he packed the book back in the backpack then stepped back so he wouldn't squash anything. Once he was fully grown, he picked up the backpack and the Alice and carried them in the palm of his hand. He had to get them somewhere safe before the sun set and the Knight Brigade came dancing and singing through the forest.

The joker moved quickly, ignoring Haiga and Hatta at their tea party, the Tweedle brothers and the rest of the folk he passed. He didn't want to be spotted with the Alice unless someone stole his catch. He wanted that boon off the queen, even if she could refuse it. He came up to a little cabin in the woods and chased the resident ferrets out with a broom. He then lay the Alice and his belongings on the bed and mashed up the little bit of mushroom between his fingers until it was juicy and pulpy. He shoved it in the Alice's mouth and forced him to swallow before sitting back and watching the creature grow to its normal size.

'So ye're the Alice,' the joker breathed in his thick accent.

The man wasn't so unattractive, and obviously old enough to be thought of as attractive. Hurst was not ashamed to come closer and run a finger down the man's face. He glanced lower, at the man's crotch, but didn't do anything for the moment. Instead, he reached up his sleeve and pulled out a long, handkerchief rope. It grew longer and longer, as if it had no end to it, until finally the joker had enough rope to tie up an elephant. He undid one of the handkerchiefs and tucked the rest back up his sleeve for later. Using the rope he'd created, he began to bind the unconscious Alice's wrists behind his back then wrapped the Alice around and around in one tight bundle until he would barely be able to walk, let alone run away. He then tied the end of the rope to the foot of the bed and tested the knots to make sure the Alice couldn't possibly slip away.

'Now ye're mine,' he said in a tone that almost sounded predatory.

While in the palm of his hand, Yukio was in and out of conscious for the time being. He was able to hear sounds and see images but they were fuzzy and not in focus at all. It was long before he lost conscious again, but only regained it later.

His eyes opened wide open, when he felt the something go into his mouth. Shaking his head slowly, but he had swallowed it. He felt something weird, as he saw his body was growing. What the hell was happening to him now? After freaking out in his head, his attention was turned to the man that was in front of him. He focused on the man, he actually thought this guy was kind of...hot.

He finally spoke, spitting out what was left in his mouth. "Alice? I am not Alice, that was one of my family members. You got the one guy, I just fell through some strange hole," Yukio said with a shake of his head. When approached, he almost bit the finger that touched his face. "Don't touch me or I will hurt you.." Yukio said with a growl.

Yukio watched the man pull it out, pull the handkerchief type of thing out of him it seemed. Yukio struggled against the bindings, as he tried to bite or kick the other but it was no use. The other seemed to have power over him, as he pulled at the ones that were attached to his feet that was to the bed.

"I am no one's. You are gonna let me go, and I am gonna go home! I don't deserve to be here, and where the hell is my bag? My bag is not yours to look through, it has my belongings!" Yukio yelled out as he huffed out. In this type of position, it made blush start appear in his cheeks.

'Idiot! Alice is not your name. Alice is what you are. You came from the other side, so that makes you an Alice. Whether you like it or not, you are the second Alice,' Hurst said in an irritated voice. He ran his hand through his hair and rolled his eyes a bit.

'Don't touch ye? Ye mean loike this?' Hurst asked as he came over to the bed again. He grabbed hold of the Alice's jaw and kissed him square on the mouth. He closed his eyes and kissed the man passionately before shoving him back down on the bed. He had to laugh at what the man said next. The Alice was in no position to make demands of the joker.

'Oh, really? Why am I goin' te let ye go?' he asked. 'I don't see 'ny reason why aye should.'

'Look, ye may noot deserve te be 'ere but neither do aye. Ye can't change tha' so ye might as well live with it,' he snapped. He sounded annoyed, though it was as much about his own predicament as the Alice.

'Yer belongings, does it?' he asked. Hurst picked up the pack and started to rummage through it. He looked at things, tossed them on the ground then reached in for something else. When he came to the diary, he began to flip through it and read sections aloud. At first he didn't realise what it was but as he became aware of it being the first Alice's journal, he started to read it more seriously. He flipped to the start of the thing and sat down at the other end of the bed. He had to squint a little because his eyesight wasn't that good and his lips twitched as he read but he could understand it.

'Why de ye have this, Alice? Did ye come 'ere by chance or did ye plan te come te Wonderland? Just what are yer motives?' he asked. He eyed the man off, flipped the book shut and placed it back in the backpack. 'I tell ye what, tell me what ye know an' I'll help ye out o' 'ere.'

Hurst glanced at the Alice and noticed his cheeks were red. He pushed the blonde down on the bed and pressed his hand against the man's cheeks and his forehead to make sure he wasn't overheating.

'Ye face is red. Ye ain't sick are ye? Ye're naught carryin' any nasty other sider diseases?' he asked. He then smirked and traced his finger down the man's cheek and across his lips. 'Or mayhaps ye're feelin' another sort o' hot.'

Yukio listened to his words, hearing that was a term for someone who came to Wonderland. "Well could have told me that. You took the dick move of telling me this huh," Yukio said under his breath.

Yukio felt those forceful lips on his face, as eyes widen with his face going even redder from this. He couldn't stop, but something inside of him wanted the other to continue. Weird feeling for him.

Yukio growled out more, when the other started to go through his bag before he reached the journal. Watching him go through with it, and reading it he mumbled something under his breath. "You better be careful with that," Yukio said under his breath. Yukio was curious why this guy was interested in that book or him being a 'Alice.'

Getting asked those questions, he huffed out as he didn't look straight at the guy. "That journal belonged to my great great grandmother, a family member who said she came here," Yukio said, answering the first question. "By chance! I thought she was crazy that she believed any of this stuff, and I thought I was hallucinating too when I first arrived here.." Yukio said next, answering the second question. "My only motives, is to get out of this place. Some flowers said to try find the Cheshire Cat," Yukio answered, answering the last question.

Yukio almost headbutt the guy when he was pushed back on the bed. He did not like having no control right now. Hearing his face was red, he huffed out in annoyance."My face is? You must be joking," Yukio said under his breath. Yukio was gonna answer him, before he felt the finger on his cheek then onto his lips.

That when Yukio was bold, he started to suck the finger but he on the finger that was in his mouth. Yukio braced for it though, braced for a hit that was coming toward him.

'Hey, don't mutter under yer breath at me. And it ain't a dick move to tell ye the truth. Aye could o' left ye like a clueless idiot but I didn't,' Hurst said in a snarky tone. Ungrateful bastard! he thought to himself. Hadn't he just saved the Alice from the caterpillar?

Hurst pulled away just enough to look deeply into the Alice's eyes. He smiled in a lop-sided, amused sort of way then stood up and ruffled the man's hair. He wasn't that bad looking, really. Those blonde locks suited him. Hurst stood up with his hands on his hips, stretching this way and that for a bit before sitting down on the bed next to the Alice.

'Relax, Alice. I ain't goin' te damage yer precious diary. Why do ye keep it anyways? Ye said ye didn't believe in Wonderland,' he asked. It wasn't that he was mistrustful. He currently didn't care that much about the Alice other than getting him back to the Red Queen. He just thought it seemed strange for someone who didn't like Wonderland to be carrying a book on it... especially at the time he fell into Wonderland.

'How did ye get inte Wonderland, anyhow?' he asked. There were a few ways of getting to Wonderland: through a mirror, down a rabbit hole, through fairy rings, wondering off in the forest and all sorts of portals that lead to all sorts of places in Wonderland.

'Aye. Aye can see that,' he said as he continued to read the journal. 'Do ye 'appen te know these stories?' he asked. Again, out of curiousity rather than caring.

'One does not simply find the Cheshire Cat. She goes where she likes and answers te nobody. She can disappear in the blink o' an eye so there's no trackin' her neither. Ye 'ave te wait fer the Cheshire Cat te come te you. That's what all cats are like,' he explained. 'Those flowers don' ken what's happenin'. It were dud advice.'

The joker raised an eyebrow when the Alice started to suck on his finger. He wasn't sure what to do about it at first so he just stared at the guy. Eventually he pulled it back out and wiggled his fingers in front of him as though wondering what had happened to them. He then looked back at the Alice and laughed.

'Ye're a goer, ain't ye?' he said as he continued to laugh. Unfortunately, that meant the joker wasn't concentrating, which was always a bad thing for a joker without their scepter. Bright, colourful bubbles started floating from his mouth as he laughed, until he scowled and started waving them away. As they popped, the Alice would catch the scent of different coloured fruits.

'Oh, ay! Ye ain't hungry, are ye?' he asked. 'Ye might o' been 'ere all day fer all I know.'

Yukio was silent, as he was asked that question about why he kept it. "I keep it for personal reasons, and its a family heirloom,"Yukio said to him, giving him a little explanation about why he kept it around. He had other reasons but he didn't think this guy actually cared about his past story.

Hearing the second question, he sighed out as it didn't take him too much thinking say his answer. "Well I saw this white rabbit, and I followed it. I got to this hole and I lost my balance, falling down to arrive here in this world. At first, I thought I was hallucinating from a head concussion."

That next question, made him a laugh. "Do I ever, I was told these when I was growing up. Even I don't believe the stories, I will go tell the stories to other children at libraries and once at this hospital," Yukio said to him.

Yukio heard that information, hearing that Cheshire Cat was hard to find and the advice from flowers was pretty stupid. "I guess the people are really. Like i remembered that smoking creature from a story..." Yukio commented on that part.

"A goer.." Yukio questioned, before he saw how the bubbles flowed from his mouth. When they were popping, he could smell the pretty smells coming from them. "Those smell so good," Yukio commented. Hearing the question, he looked down at his stomach. "Yeah I am little hungry. She said you have some weird type of food.."

'Personal reasons? Like wha'?' the joker asked. If the Alice didn't want to say, that just made Hurst want to hear more. He was a very contrary fellow at times, always doing and asking what other's didn't want. Perhaps that's why h e was always in trouble with the Red Queen. Although, Hurst always assumed it was because deep down he was loyal to the Queen of Spades.

'Why would ye follow the White Rabbit? What's he te ye if ye ain't believe in him? Are ye sure ye didn' hit ye head affore ye fell down the hole?' Hurst asked in a sarcastic tone. Who followed a white rabbit in clothing? That was something a little Alice should do, not a big Alice like this one. 'Are ye sure ye fell? Ye weren't secretly tripped, were ye? The White Rabbit works fer the Queen o' Hearts. He's 'er time keeper and messenger and all around errand boy. That's probably sayin' too much, mind ye.'

'Hey, I en't stupid, and neither is my sister... nor any o' the other jokers,' he huffed, sounding annoyed. He didn't like the assumption that all Wonders were stupid. 'Flowers are stupid accoz they don't go anywhere an' only hear skerricks of gossip on the wind. An' the caterpillar is jus' a fat bastard 'oo eats anyone stupid enough to get caught in 'is smoke... like ye did.'

'Aye, a goer,' the joker scowled, too busy trying to get rid of the bubbles before they caused any more trouble. 'Like, ye go fer things.'

'Who said what?' the joker asked. 'I c'n make cream pie, lemon pie, cherry and apple pie. Take ye pick.'

Yukio tried to get comfortable, even while in this weird position and predicament. "I wouldn't want to get rid of something that was important to me, and brought me joy toward me in my younger ears. Like I still have a old toy from my childhood back at my own home.." Yukio answered, explaining his reasoning.

Yukio sighed, as he tried to make a shrugging of his shoulders. "I thought I did trust me, I thought I was in some of hallucination," Yukio said. Yukio raised an eyebrow, "I didn't get pushed. I was looking into the hole, so I lost my balance and I fell into the hole like that. I guess I was just curious, to see if I was running on little sleep or something like that.." Yukio said.

"I didn't call you stupid, or your sister so don't get defensive with me. I never called anyone stupid, only the flowers," Yukio said with a shake of his head. "Well I am glad you did safe me. That stuff is toxic, like really dangerous stuff," Yukio said with a little smile on his face.

"The last Alice, my family member in the book.." Yukio said to him. Hearing about those pies, they did sound good. "The apple or cream pie does taste good..."

Someone else crossed the man's mind was about his own work. He had a job to pay for rent, and if he missed it too much then he could lose the job then his place. He did not want that happen ever to him.

"I just want to go home. Back where I live, I have a lot of important things. I know about the fights between the sides, from the stories and I saw the chessboard too. Its look more like a war game then some simple chest game.."

'Yes, but oo carries childhood belongings on them? Do ye carry yer teddybear around wi' ye too?' Hurst asked in a slightly sarcastic manner.

'Ye're mad. Ye know that, right? I suppose that's why ye're the Alice. Most everybody is mad here,' Hurst said, trailing off at the end as he thought about something. He looked out at the door and sighed. He could hear music playing and that was never a good sign in the forest. Maybe he should do something to block the Alice's ears. They were safe in the ferrets' home for the night at least. Tomorrow they would have to travel on. Hurst did not want to lose his catch to some other agent of either the Queen of Hearts or the Queen of Spades. Hurst shuddered, thinking what would happen to him if his Queen of Spades managed to swindle the Alice off him.

'I'll take tha' as as close a "thank ye" as I'm likely te get,' Hurst said, looking back over at the Alice. He closed up the book and got up to reach for the packback he'd dropped on the ground. He placed the book back in it, closed up the bag and set it on the bed behind the Alice. 'Ye 'ave te be more careful, ye know. Ye could o' bin eaten by the caterpillar. Knockin' people out is how he captures 'em. 'E's used te the stuff by now so e's immune te it.'

'Ye're a big Alice; that's a whole lot different te bein' a wee Alice. A wee Alice is safe from all the goin's on accoz they're naive. They ain't realise the smoke is toxic so they don't get intoxicated. They walk inte the chess board thinkin' it's just a game. The second time the first Alice came, she just hopped on a train and had a jolly time, thinkin' it were all so she could become queen. Well, aye, she did become queen but that's accoz the whole monarchy were fallin' out o' whack wi' her bein' here. If ye did the same, the White Knight would sure show his ugly side. His inventions ain't what they seem.'

'Ah. Food here ain't that weird. We have pies, cakes, scones, tea, biscuits an' all tha' sort o' thing. It jus' does weird things like gettin' bigger as ye cut it an' reappearin' after ye eat it,' he explained. 'My pies are mostly fer throwin' at people but they're good fer eatin' too. It's why I can only make pies. Ye don' throw apples at people... unless ye're me uncle tryin' te chase me away from the family orchard.'

The joker stood, bowed with a flourish and appeared to throw something at the Alice. A pie appeared in his hand and he caught it at the last moment, just before it hit the Alice in the face. It smelled delicious, as if it was freshly baked with apples, cinnamon and just a hint of nutmeg too. The joker juggled it in his hands as if it were some great performance. He had to cool it down somehow.

'Oh, ye saw tha', did ye? Aye. The chessboard is the battlefront. It's always like that, e'en when nobody's expectin' a new Alice,' he explained with a shrug. He couldn't say too much unless it came to bite him in the arse.

The joker sat down next to the Alice and flipped his hand in the air. A knife appeared from within his sleeve and he started to cut up the pie. It was a little gold thing with a spade on the handle. He wasn't going to let the Alice go so he'd have to spoon feed the guy. He picked up a little bit on the tip of the knife, blew it and held it out just before the Alice's lips.

'Don' ask fer a spoon accoz I can't make any, only knives. This is the safest, smallest one I can make,' he explained.

Yukio didn't say anything but it showed it in his face that he wasn't happy over that tone. He chose to not even answer that at all.

Yukio could hear music from the outside, as his body moved to the music for sometime before it stopped moving. It was weird catchy type of music for him. Yukio looked away, as he was silent just letting the other lecture him about everything. "I didn't know that at all," Yukio said to himself. Yukio listened about her, as he was getting more frustrated now. He was getting compared, and he didn't exactly like getting compared to someone like that. "I don't want to be compared to someone. I am my own person, I am a..Alice.." Yukio said out loud.

Yukio was getting more curious about the different foods, and how they affected someone. It was interesting that these things happen in wonderland. He didn't someone could even come to replicate the foods that were here. Maybe the taste, but not other special qualities. Yukio was snapped out his thinking when saw that Hurst had moved, and almost screamed when the pie was about to hit him in the face. When it was caught, he let out a sigh of relief as he felt his heart go back to normal beat. Yukio could really smell it, as he looked at the beautiful cooked pie that was before him.

Yukio was curious more, why this guy was giving him all of this information to him. Maybe because he felt bad that he didn't know anything?

Yukio moved around, as he looked at him who was sitting beside him. He saw the knife but was relived that he was cutting up the pizza. Noting the spade on it, he spoke up. "You are part of Queen Spade? Or use to be?" Yukio said, making a point toward the symbol that was on the knife. Yukio at the knife with the food on it, as he gave him a strange look. Slowly nodding his head, he moved to give a taste before he started to eat more of what was on the knife.

"Not bad..taste better then any of other stuff I have tried. Can I have more?"

• 2 weeks later...

'Well, now ye ken,' the joker replied dryly.

'I ain't sayin' ye're Alice herself. Nobody thinks tha'. It's just what she introduced herself as. Most people thought an Alice were a type o' person... like I'm a joker. It weren't until later they realised it were her name,' he said. It was harmless information, unlikely to get him punished. He could give little snippets like that but he had to watch his mouth. 'Like it or no, ye will be compared te the first Alice. Lucky ye're a man, otherwise the same skills would be expected o' ye.'

Hurst couldn't help but grin when Yukio startled. Being a joker, he did love to mess with people occasionally. That's what jokers were like: always doing things for a laugh, always speaking in a coarse manner and always getting into trouble. They were a nuisance but they were useful too.

At the Alice's next question, Hurst laughed very bitterly indeed. He went silent a moment and held the knife there as though considering whether to stab the nearest person with it. Unfortunately, the Alice was the nearest person to him and it wasn't worth his life to hurt the Alice intentionally.

'Do I look like a spade?' he asked sourly, waving a hand up and down his red and gold garb. He was in an outfit identical to that to the Red Joker. His hat had four points that dangled down the sides of his head with little hearts at the bottom. Hurst's skin tight shirt with puffy sleeves had a diamond pattern on it and his hose had thick stripes. His shoes were red on the left and gold on the right, with little hearts dangling from their curly-toes points.

'I weren't payin' 'tention. Do me a favour and pretend ye it's an upside-down heart. 'Specially don't tell the king, queen or aces,' he murmured. He tucked away the knife after the Alice had eaten the pie and pulled out another one, this time with a heart on top. 'See, no 'arm done.'

'Aye, ye can have as much as ye like,' Hurst said with a sigh. He was a bit upset after the Alice asking him if he served the Queen of Spades. He cut off another gobbit of pie and blew on it before holding it out to the Alice. He had to settle himself down or strange things would start happening around him... like the bubbles.

Yukio listened to the information, that the joker gave him. That was her name, from what was in her records that his family brought up. "Yeah her name was Alice. I saw pictures of her, and she was beautiful but I saw some..weird resemble in me.." Yukio stated, as he tried to blow what hair that tried to fall onto his face.

Yukio wouldn't say anything, but the company of this joker wasn't all that bad. It was kind of..entertaining to be in company with this guy.

At the question, he was silent while he looked at the garb or uniform that Hurst was currently in at the moment. He didn't look like a spade, but why have something like that. That was what brought curiousity to the young man. He would ask later, to see if he could get more information out of this joker. "No you don't. I just saw that symbol that's all," Yukio said, muttering what he said to himself mostly.

Hearing that, he nodded his head. "Why would I tell anyone really? If it would put you into danger, it would put me into danger. I'm not stupid," Yukio said. "We can keep it as our secret. Just our secret, and I will keep it with me even when I leave here. If I ever do.." Yukio continued to say but noticed there was a heart on this one.

"Our secret," Yukio thought to himself.

When offered another piece, he ate it all up what was on the knife. "You know, I am still glad someone trying help me out. Even its in this weird way.."

'Well, she's famous here. She's the most well known Otherlander there is,' Hurst explained. 'They teach about 'er in schools an' the like.'

'No, ye didn't see the symbol,' Hurst said in a threatening voice, holding the knife mighty close to the Alice. He was trying to get the point across that even muttering about it was a bad idea. Nobody could know that he was still loyal to the Queen of Spades, even though most people assumed or accused him of as much. He would deny it, saying the only queen for him was the beloved Red Queen, but that didn't mean he felt it.

'Aye. Ye'd anger the wrong people if ye said ye'd seen me wi' a spade,' Hurst agreed. He was lying though. The Alice wouldn't be the one in trouble but it would sure put the Queen of Hearts in a foul mood. Nobody ever wanted the queen in a foul mood. She tended to start sending people to the two Red Rooks to start chopping off heads.

Hurst noticed the hair dangling over the Alice's face and brushed it to the side for him, tucking it behind his ear. He stopped, looked at the man then sat back with a scowl. It wasn't that he hated the Alice. Far from it! In other circumstances the Alice could have made a wonderful bed mate. The Alice was attractive with his blonde hair and matching eyes. He wasn't too scrawny either, which the joker liked. He wondered what it would be like to lick cream off that torso before he stopped himself and scowled.

'Yeah, well, someone 'ad te 'elp ye an' the Cheshire Cat ain't appeared yet,' Hurst replied. He rolled his shoulders uncomfortably and held another piece of pie in front of the Alice's face. It was cooler now so he didn't have to blow on it.

Yukio tried to get away from Hurst, not wanting to be near the guy that was wielding the knife right now. Yukio tried to stay away from the male, but he couldn't move from the bed or he would fall over onto the floor. Yukio guessed something, that Hurst was still loyal to other Queen.

Yukio knew about the stories though, about the red queen and how she threatened to get people's head chopped off. He didn't want to put someone like Hurst or himself in that situation. Yukio kept his mouth shut, but spoke up. "I don't think anyone want her mad," Yukio said, hoping Hurst understood what he meant.

Yukio eyes widen, from his face getting touched like that. "He touched me again, but he moved my hair though," Yukio thought to himself trying to keep his own cool at the moment. Noticing how the man was looking at him, he huffed out. "Don't be looking at me like that. Its kind..of weird.." Yukio said, even though he swung for both parties.

It just had been awhile since he had been looked at like that. Last time, was when he was in his last relationship with a nice male. They had to split for reasons, and that was someone he needed out of his head now. He couldn't be thinking that right now.

"Cheshire Cat? Is he still the tricky guy she said in her book?" Yukio asked, before he started to eat the next piece that was given. "I think..I am full now.."

'Aye. The last Red Queen weren't so bad but this one's as mad as the one 'oo thought she could order the first Alice 'round,' Hurst said with a bit of a yawn. He stretched this way and that, still holding the knife in the air. 'Don't tell 'er I said none o' tha' or ye'll be in the firin' line too.'

'Wha?' Hurst snapped, followed by a scowl. 'I ain't lookin' at ye like nothin'! Keep yer eyes in ye head!'

Hurst licked a bit of apple pie off the knife then cut a chunk off for himself. He hadn't eaten all day and he was starving, to be honest. Lemon meringue pie was his favourite but he couldn't be bothered making a second pie just to be picky.

'Aye, the Cheshire Cat, only she's a female this time. We ain't all the same people, ye know! People age, ye ken,' he said.

Hurst then sat back and started to make a meal of the last of the pie. He ate in silence for the most part, unless the Alice said something that needed explaining or asked something. When he was done, he licked the knife clean and tucked it up his shirt sleeve. He then spun the pie around on the tip of his finger until it vanished. He stood up, rubbed his face and stretched a few times before looking at the Alice.

'All right, time fer bed. We gots a long walk temorrow. I ain't untyin' ye so ye'll have te sleep on the bed. Don't ask me fer a piss neither accoz ye ain't gettin' one 'til mornin'. I ain't in the right mood fer holdin' another man's cock while 'e relieves himself,' Hurst said. 'Have ye got any more pressin' issues affore ye get te sleep or is that it?'

Yukio laughed a little, as he looked at Hurst with a cocky look on his face. "She wont be able to order me around," Yukio said to himself. "I won't say that, I am not stupid. We can keep it between us, like rest of this information you have given to me."

Yukio tried to not roll his eyes, noticing how Hurst was acting now. Hearing that, he tried to to shrug his shoulders but it was hard with all of these bindings. Yukio watched him eat the rest of the pie, watching him with a curious look through his face.

"A female one? Well that would be interesting to see," Yukio thought to himself. "I guess they age similarly like us," Yukio thought so more. Yukio was silent, while he watched Hurst finish off the pie. Yukio was just thinking, like what was happening back at home? Was time going by or was it stopped while he was here...

Hearing that part, Yukio raised an eyebrow at him. "For bed? I guess it would be a long walk, but..alright," Yukio said, before he let out a yawn now. Yukio was tired, and it was nice that he was going to bed on a full stomach. Hearing more, he rolled his eyes at him. "Can't you untie me, but keep me tied to the bed though? I won't be able to sleep properly like this," Yukio suggested to the man.

Yukio's face went a little red, as his brain let him imagine a little what that would be like. Cursing a little, he tried to stop those thoughts coming to his head. If he thought too much, he may get a uncomfortable erection. That one thing he didn't need Hurst to see.

"Not really.." Yukio answered. "Except where are you sleeping?"

• Saga locked this topic