Yo

Sanka

I guess I probably should have made this post earlier lmao. Hey, you can call me Sanka. My real name is Ali which isn't nearly as neat I suppose. I come on here mainly to role play and interact with people.

I'm currently on winter break lol and that ends in like four-five days so there's that to look forward to. I'm an animation and art therapy student in my second year of college. Despite that I'm actually quite terrible at drawing so please don't be disappointed in my art hahaha. I'm pretty friendly and I really appreciate it when others reach out to me for a RP or conversation. Like I said earlier, my favorite aspect of this forum is interacting with all kinds of people.

Introduce yourself! What drew you into yaoi and what yaoi cliche/stereotype do you like the most? (e.g. blushing uke, domineering seme, skewed logic, big hands, etc.)

I'd have to say mine is blushing ukes haha. I don't like soft spoken and stuttering ukes much at all but I think it's really cute to see someone get embarrassed. On the other hand, I also love power bottoms who can own it and have no shame. It's hard to choose, they're all so great.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sanka

• auser

• Joyabe

• lilclover

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Sanka! Nice to meet you and a warm welcome to the Yaoi Otaku community. My name is Paul and I wish you a happy time on this Forum. :)

Welcome_to_Yaoi_Otaku!.jpg

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
we've met before, but one can never say "welcome" too many times.. Welcome!! I'm sure you will enjoy it here - it looks like you do already:D

As for the stereotypes, I like the mix of the two - when power bottoms blush:D You know, when super cool ukes like Azusa from Caste Heaven or Taemin from What lies at the end do that.. It's just triple adorable, no?:)

el8tvp.jpg

Wait, for the uke to be considered a power bottom, does the seme have to be a pushover? Wait, then maybe I don't like power bottoms after all, I like power play & unbreakable & strong-willed ukes & semes:D

Looks like we're running into each other pretty often lol. I start work and classes again on Monday so I'm kind of in the middle of getting as many hours online as I can before I'm swamped with work. Thanks for the welcome though!

Azusa is one of my favorites and so is Taemin. They really are adorable, you can't help but want to see them bullied a bit.

Edit: I don't think the seme has to be a pushover necessarily, although that is often the case. I think the only thing that fulfills the requirements for a power bottom is an eager and slutty uke.

Hello there Sanka and welcome to the forum.

I firs thought it said 'Santa' hahaha, my brain immediately shouted, "Santa is heeerree!"

Then my 'sense' took over XD

But welcome to the forum, see ya around

:9onion70:

Thanks for the welcome! Santa would be appropriate given the season. Good timing lol I was posting a reply and your post came as the page refreshed itself.

same here - last weeks of freedom before I start a new job:D So I'm wasting them here..:D

P.S. I love your new signature! It's a very cool design:)

Thank you very much. Our conversation earlier kind of inspired me to make something with Minami's Camellia. RIP the both of us. I hope you do well at your new job. I'm kind of dreading my new job and I'm also excited for it lmao.

wow it feels so cool to inspire you even a little bit to make something as awesome as this.. You should consider joining a graphic-otaku team, if you enjoy making things like this..:)

Yep, I know how you feel - I'm incredibly happy to have this job & I'm feeling truly blessed, but I also realize these are the last few weeks when I can read 1-2 two books a day, spend countless hours of my time here & sleep whenever & however I want:) so we should enjoy it while it lasts:D

you're so kind, thank you. I'll definitely consider it since it's something I enjoy! I'm not sure if I'm as talented as the person who made your signature, the typography is killer.

Yes, I'll definitely be taking advantage of every second until I have to go back to reality lol.

it's made by
, who is absolutely amazing, incredibly talented & super sweet, and can definitely help you/answer some questions about being a graphic-taku here:D

yep, I'm planning to reread a few of my favorite books & manga while I have the time as well as watch some long-awaited anime:) I know myself and I can't afford to binge-watch them during working nights, so I have to clear my TBW list now:) a hard work, I know haha

Haha I know what you mean. I swear I have so many animes and mangas bookmarked I can't even remember what's what. I just finished reading Fanboy x Star and The Love Doctor on Lezhin and it was stellar. Anything you just finished that you would recommend? (I probably shouldn't even ask with how many things I already have lmao).

I'll be sure to ask Voide then! Thanks again.

I've actually tried for a fresh start in 2018 - I went from 305 manga in my TBR list to 5 (!) and from 209 ongoing manga that I follow to 31 (of course, Camellia made the cut:), and I decided to stop taking on new manga for a while - keeping up with the updates have been ridiculous.. So I don't think I can recommend you anything new & exciting that you haven't already read, if only maybe SM Gokko.. have you had a chance to read it? Warning: enema kink.

My favorites such as Batsu Game, MODS & Warehouse (I mean, that's an obvious one given our love of Caste Heaven) have made the cut as well. they're ongoing though:) All the other ones are sweet, not sure how you feel about that xD

but wait - have you read the incest stories by Chise Ogawa? I think she has 3 different ones, and OMG she is my goddess.:)

thank you for the Lezhin recommendations, I have never read/heard of these two, I will keep them in mind! Angsty?

Oh lord I've read everything by Chise she's incredible, I think I've reread Caste like ten different times. Although I have to say I don't like the second couple much (blonde and short black hair with glasses). I'm not sure why I just found them dull compared to Azusa. He's sort of the apple of my eye. That delinquent couple was incredible though.

Fanboy x Star is probably rated E for Everyone lmao. It's really PG and mushy but it's super cute. The art style put me off it for a while but I came back to it eventually and ended up enjoying it. The Love Doctor is actually Yuri so I'm not sure how you feel about that but it's probably one of my favorite Yuri after a couple of obvious ones.

Gah! I started sweating when you mentioned Warehouse. I'm so angry that I love it so much lol. The latest updates were a little disappointing though, I thought there would be more to his back story it felt a bit anti-climatic.

I've seen SM Gokko and Batsu Game but not MODs I'll definitely check it out. I actually don't like enemas at all but the art style let me make an exception, it was really hot.

If you're looking for a more angsty read these are probably my favorites: "Unfather" is also on Lezhin and it's about this dude and his sugar daddy and its really good I think it'll be up to par with your tastes. "An Easy Target" is not as new but it's in the same space as Warehouse.

These are my non-yaoi Lezhin recommendations (het): The Lady and her Butler and 'Sadistic Beauty' (which contains yuri, yaoi, and het).

Bagjwi Sayug is also pretty cute. It's a bit angsty but nothing extreme.

Wow I'm sorry I don't know how I started with this entire list, especially after you told me you weren't reading anything new haha. My flip got switched.

welcome

! I'm Jo, nice to meet you ^^ Althoguh I'm pretty new here myself (maybe even more so than you haha).

Hope you're enjoying what's left of winter vacation... I love talking to and getting to know new people as well so feel free to just stop by and chat.

Also I agree- blushing ukes are adoreable.. in general blushing is cute (as long as it's not me XD)

thank you and welcome to YO as well haha. I might take you up on that offer one of these days. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

I'm sure you're extremely cute when you blush. ;)

hey, no apologies - it was me who pushed that switch! xD and great manga is hard to come by, so I'm happy to get the recommendations:)

Yep, I completely agree about the second couple in Caste Heaven.. it's all about the uke, and this one is incredibly pathetic.. I like pathetic characters but only when they're self-destroying & self-loathing and not universally adored & super kind. Ok, wow, I suck as a human being:)

Hmm the last Warehouse chapter I've read was 42.. Am I a bit behind? I remember it being exciting, but then again I'm easy:)

An Easy Target sounds like something I would enjoy.. Please keep me in mind for something dark & twisted, I am always on the look out for those:D

and oh I love Unfather! I dropped it though xD

thank you for non-yaoi recommendations too, I should be a bit more inclusive in my reading...^^

P.S. just for the record, enemas aren't my thing either!! I have got some crazy kinks, and those aren't one of them.. But you're right SM Gokko made it look fun xD

- - - Updated - - -

welcome to the forum!! It can be so much fun here! Message me if ever get bored - I'm here more often than not, which is kind of sad, actually.... *repressing, repressing, repressing those thoughts*

Ahaha you don't suck I feel the same way. If a character is pathetic, it feels insincere and ingenuine when that patheticness is met with revelation and adoration. It's more about realism, it feels like you're jerked from the story for a bit.

You're not behind! It's definitely not bad by any means but I think I was really invested when the first chapters came out and I hyped myself up too much. I guess I was just expecting a bit more. I didn't really resonate with the semes anger, it didn't feel like the uke did anything that extreme. Then again, the seme is pretty off his rocker lol.

Lol I also have some crazy kinks but I stray from the extreme ones like necrophilia and vore.

what about tentacles? that's my newest one:D Do you read BL novels, btw? I've recently switched to them and there are so many twisted & f*cked up ones out here, it makes my heart all warm & fuzzy from happiness:)

and what is vore? O_o it's not often I hear something kinky that I don't recognize..O_o wow, you're good xD

and I understand what you mean about warehouse, I really hope we get a bit of character development/explanation too, I don't want it to become the second Killing Stalking, where it got good only to become boring quickly after:) imho, of course:)

Tentacles are always great. I'm not extremely into it but it's always a plus if it's there.

Haha Vore is the sexual act of eating someone else (i.e. cannibalization). Basically Hannibal lmao. I think Vampires are soft vore? But I don't count them and I'm pretty sure no one else does either lolol.

Yes on that Killing Stalking comment. I still keep up with all of Koogis updates and I love KS (as a psychological drama more than a BL) but it's hard to keep that momentum going when you hit the peak so early on.

thanks ^^ it's not as much about being cute as it is about me hating being embarresed haha.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you :) And considering the fact that I'm here when I need to be writing a paper... well at leat it seems like I'm in good company XD

Well i would say no matter the outcome of a scenario, the own expectations with the ongoing added imagination will always be the best part. We love the unreachable and if that is achieved the excitement curve goes usually down. From here the 2 charakters need to have a good forwardand back play to set the standards high...this normally works if the 2 players are totally different.

haha understandable. I don't think anyone would enjoy that.

I agree with that to a degree. I do think we need to have a high point to look forward to but when that's the main element of the manga it just becomes a story that doesn't know how to not escalate. Your boyfriends ex just came back in town and you defeated that hurdle but not it turns out your boyfriend is somehow involved with another person who isn't mentioned up until that point. (Just an e.g.).

Other than that thought yes, completely agree. Well said.

hey yo, so i'm here bc

mentioned me haha.. also, welcome to YO
!

i've only see 3 signatures so far (i know there's more) including mochi's & madameX's that has some kind of kinky/discipline characters/vibes in it. you guys are really interesting tbh :D

have fun!

ps:

, your sig is awesome : )