Is Shelter base on Bear, Otter and the kid?

Jochie

I saw this film (Shelter) years ago and now I read preview of Bear, otter and the kid the plot sounds similar. I'm curious if they actually the same story. I really like Shelter and love to read /watch the continuous of the story

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jochie

• auser

• Orient

• shinyaKogami

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I just done with the book. It's really the same characters with different names. I really like it, it's like reading the extended version of the film :D

i saw a really 'in rage' review on goodreads about how the book is totally the same with the movie. i haven't read the book so i don't know. but i freaken love the movie. just wanna throw my 2cents here. leave it or take it. but that review is kinda ridiculous to be honest. art is always 'inspired' by something. if it's feels/looks similar it might be a coincidence unless you have proved to say otherwise. glad you liked the book too. t.j.klune is one of great mm writers i think

I totally agree with you. I read that rage reviews on good reads too, but hey I really love this movie, it's on my top lists of BL movie (I lost count how many times I watched it)! and the book is nicely written. I really like the sense of humor of the author. And like I said, it's like reading the extended version of the film which makes me happy to know more about this guy's. What make me upset is it took me 10 years to find this book!

ok

, help me - I have both "The Shelter"on my to-be-watched & "the Bear.." on my to-be-read.. which one do I start with to get the best experience?:)

since I start with the movie first and now the book and quite anjoy it that way. I have the face when I read it, even though they have different names. Maybe you can try that way to. Movie and then books (I'm on the 3rd book now)

noted! thank you.. I will try it this way & let you know my thoughts!:)

I believe

has recommended this book to me as well.. Maybe you would be interested in the movie as well?;)

ps: the character is 8 years different in age and in the book the older one name's Oliver. Sounds familiar?

if I wasn't sold before, I'm now!:D Although it might still be a bit too painful to read T_T

don't worry, this one completely went to different directions. I'll said it's actually the "cure" for my broken heart

I definitely do need that:D ahah ok great, I will try it as soon as I finish the other 4 books that I'm reading now O_o

p.s. I'm glad your heart is feeling better.:) CMBYN can be quite cruel to its readers;)

what!? So the bear, otter and kid has *kind of* movie?!!

edit: I watched the trailer, and it looks the book adaptation!

well the movie (2007) come first before the book (2011) so it's the other way around. You should watch it. It so sweet, one of my favorite :)

you know how I feel about kids in fiction, so do let me know if the movie is safe to watch xD although,
if you say it's your favorite, I might try it regardless:D

I'll certainly watch it sometime, and yeah I know, I'll let you know
:)

i saw a really 'in rage' review on goodreads about how the book is totally the same with the movie. i haven't read the book so i don't know. but i freaken love the movie. just wanna throw my 2cents here. leave it or take it. but that review is kinda ridiculous to be honest. art is always 'inspired' by something. if it's feels/looks similar it might be a coincidence unless you have proved to say otherwise. glad you liked the book too. t.j.klune is one of great mm writers i think

So agree with you, dear x

Love T.J. books hard.

Thanks for th epistles

, good to know there is good movie to watch!