Living In The Deep Blue (Kotorichan & M-jow<Private)

M-jow

Name: Noah

Species: Merman

Appearance:

Noah is a pure white tail mer, which is like an albino with light skin and short white hair. He is of average height, but a bit more slender than most males and doesn’t have a tendency to gain much muscle, much to his disappointment. He’s got soft smooth facial features making him looking a bit boyish of his age. His eyes glows in a light sky blue and his black eyelashes makes them seem cleared.

Personality:

Noah is hard working and smart. He often smiles even when everything goes against him. He doesn’t have any friends due to that he looks different, but he’s friendly and kind to all nonetheless.

Noah wants nothing more than to be accepted, but mostly falls to do so. He is good at making hunting tools offend makes tools for his sisters, since they themselves only makes poor quality, which aren’t even useable. Noah is lousy to refuse any request from others that being from his sisters who are all really lazy or others from the tribe, wanting to be of use but since he isn’t good at speaking for himself, he always ended up taking more then he can handle, as well as being his sisters personal housemaid. Noah loves his sisters, but also finds them to be a pain in the nack.

Other:

He covers himself in squid ink to make his tail and hair to look gray, thinking others will like him more that way.

He would really want to become a hunter, but he just isn’t cut out for that, but still tries since it the only way that he can prove himself a real man.

Noah’s real parents were attack by a shark before he was born, it killed his farther, and his mother died giving birth to him. A willing couple who already had six daughters raised him like their own son, but they too died in an accident when he was seven years old. His sisters names are Amina, Malisa, Evina, Tersa, Lumai and Lizzy same order as birth.

Noah was over extended, he had spent most of the month making stalls for the merchants and preparing for the feast tonight. Even his sisters had worked a bit on their stall, even if it had only been to decorate. Soon they would be selling jewelry made of pearls and shiny black stones his sisters had made gathered the stones themselves which was the kind of stones that only could be found in their tribe’s territory.

They had been quite popular the last few years, his sisters had told him, and usually they would come home with lots exciting things for him to see.

But this year would be different, now at the age of 18, Noah could participate in the spring gathering, but most of it all he looked forward to this year's first hunt. This would be his moment to prove himself a man.

Noah was humming as he swam around, decorating the big cave hall with luminous moss in every color, which gave the cave a nice lighting. The cave itself had a circular opening leading right up to the surface.

One of his sisters had told him that the place was an old extinct volcano.

Noah had at first been terrified to go in, frightened that it would awake as soon as he sticked his tail in. But he then he quick discovered just how stupid he had been for thinking so and that it had been nothing more than just warm water inside the cave, Noah had finally dared himself inside

The warmed felt great and he had enjoyed it now while decorating.

Some mers of the other tribes had already arrived, Noah had seen lots of colors swim outside through the market, he had never seen so many mers gathering in one place before and he had been told that there would come many more as the night fall and the feast would begin.

Looking at his reflection in the smooth stone wall, he verified that the ink covering him was holding. He hated the sad gray color look, the ink gave him and It made his hair sticky, but it wasn’t like he could take it off, since the tribe didn’t like his color.

When done with his tasks it was already starting to get dark and though Noah knew his sisters might be needing his help at the stall, he wanted to take a look around first.

The luminous moss shined brightly throughout the market, making him see mers in all colors like red, blu, green and even yellow. Those guys swan like they owned the place, showing of their bright color tails and Noah thought that in their tribe they probably did.

Noah continued through the market two times back and forth before one of his sisters found him.

“Noah!” Evina yelled for him and the mer turned around to face her with a sigh. She was his third oldest sister. “You get your tail over to Amina, she has been looking for you, she in the stall, Lumia and Lizzy are with her.”

“Where are you going?” Noah asked a bit annoyed to have been found.

“As a girl of our tribe it is my duty to bid those hunky guys welcome.” She answered before she disappeared into the crowd. Noah rolled his eyes, but swam forwards the stall anyway.

Amina the oldster stood behind the twins Lumia and Lizzy, she had put the two youngest sisters to the task of attending the shop.

All the sisters looked a lot alike, they were all brown tails with dark blond hair and with nicely tanned skin.

“Noah, good you could come, how was work?” she asked smiling as he saw him.

“Good I think, what would you like me to do?” Noah asked waiting for the favor she soon would ask.

She winked before putting an arm around him. “Could you help us until the feast starts, then I promise the girls wouldn’t bother you tomorrow.”

Noah didn’t need to think hard on that one before he accepted the offer.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• M-jow

• Kotorichan

Name: Ame

Species: Merman

Appearance:

Ame has long black hair that he keeps in intricate braids. His eyes are black with flecks of orange His body is lean and muscular and his skin is almost pure white. Ame’s tail has the coloring and fin shape of a Koi, with black and orange markings on the white scales. He has a large tribal tattoo on his shoulder blades that he got from his home tribe when he was 9 and first started his training to be a hunter. The tattoo was supposed to be expanded as he learned more.

Personality:

Ame grew up as something of an outsider. When he was only 10 he was swept away from his parents by a storm and was found by a completely different tribe. He was the only Koi in this new tribe and the people regarded him as some kind of strange miracle child due to his appearance and the way he had appeared to them. This status was only cemented by the fact that the storm had also brought lots of food to an otherwise famine struck area.

This reverence made it impossible for Ame to form friendships with the people around him, and left him feeling isolated and like he was someone lying to everyone. He became hyper focused on learning to hunt, hoping to make himself useful even though he had no real powers. When he was 18 he started to travel. He told his tribe that it was to learn more about the world. But really he just wanted to find his own people, or at least a place where he would feel at home.

Visiting a new tribe always made Ame feel nervous. There was always the chance that things would be completely different in this tribe, that he would accidentally offend everyone. But there was also the chance that someone could help him find his own tribe. Maybe someone would recognize the strange markings and fluttery shape of his fins. He always ended up hiding the fear under a thick shell of confidence, and this time was no different.

Ame swam through the beautiful marketplace, silently admiring the luminous moss that decorated the cave. He made sure not to show that wonder externally so that he wouldn't seem naive. He followed the stream of other mers through the water, his eyes peeled for anyone who might look like him.

Soon he found himself in an especially busy area where the visiting men were being swarmed by women. At first Ame was tempted to retreat and find somewhere else to explore, but he quickly realized this would be a good way to find information. So instead he allowed himself to float closer to some of the other mers, careful to look as casual as possible.

Within a few moments his flashy appearance attracted the attention of a few of the mers. At first they seemed a bit cautious, but when Ame noticed their glances he gave them one of his most charming smiles. After a moment of hesitation some of the braver mers began to approach him. Ame quickly fell into him 'public' persona. Smiling, laughing, and flirting with the girls that began to flock to him.

He didn't directly ask if they had seen anyone like him, but listened for any hints of information. Soon Ame realized that no one knew anything. There was always a chance that he would run into someone who knew something, but for now he decided to just focus on enjoying himself. Maybe he would end up finding someone special in all of this. That was sort of the point for most people wasn't it? Maybe he wouldn't actually need to keep up this search.

After what felt like hours Ame excused himself from the group of curious mers and swam off to find somewhere quiet to relax.

“I think this is enough for tonight.” Amina declared, seeing as it was about time for the feast to start. “Noah can you take those nets with the stones and pearls? we need to bring those two home for the night.”

“Sure.” Noah answered, while grabbing one of the nets. It was veru heavy and although he tried to ignored it as he swung both of the nets over his shoulders, he sank a few centimeters and his tail swam with powerful strokes just to keep himself upstanding.

“You’re good?” Amina asked raising an eyebrow.

Noah nodded wildly, before he swum with strong strokes away. He couldn’t swim very fast cause of the weight he carried. He imagined himself as a turtle, because that was how he felt right about now.

As he moved further away from the marked the dark water surrounded him. He thought about taking the luminescent moss up from his bag, but then he would haft to put the nets down. No, his arms were already killing him, besides there probably weren’t far before he would reach their cave.

He couldn’t see much in front of him, but he had a sense of which direction to swim. The moon was out tonight, its lights didn’t reach this far down. But he could just see his pale arms, and tail shining faintly under the ink.

A figure appeared in front of him. It happened just so quickly, Noah didn’t have the time to react, before smashing into the person, dropping the nets as he was taking back against the cliff.

There was a small sound of fabric slashing, but luckily Noah didn’t feel anything pierced his skin.

“Sorry!” Noah apologized to the mer he had swum into. Of all the space there was in the sea, Noah had actually swum into someone. God, how embarrassing!

He looked up seeing a dark tail with lighter markings, he couldn’t tell cause of the darkness what color, but it looked black and... orange?

The further he saw up his eyes meet a perfect face, strong jaw lines, straight nose and lips pressed tight together. Fuck, he had probably pissed the guy off. The merman looked strong enough to use Noah as a toothpick. So, it was no wonder Noah freaked out just a bit.

“Sorry!” Noah repeated, while his eyes looked for those nets he had dropped. Damn! the net with pearls had torn open and all the small round objects was pouring out like the tide, his sisters would kill him.

Ame had been staring off into space when something smacked against his body. He let out a soft gasp as he was pushed forward. He whirled around, his hand moving to his back where he usually kept his hunting weapon. But he stopped when he realized it was another mer. “Ah…” he blinked in surprise. The other mer looked strange, his tail and hair both a slightly uneven dark gray. “Its fine, it was an accident.” he smiled gently. “You just surprised me a little.”

His gaze followed the stranger's and he noticed that the nets that were spilling their contents. “Oh.” He quickly swum down to the net and grabbed it near the hole, pulling it closed so it wouldn't spill anymore than it already had. He easily held it with one hand as he pulled out his hair tie with the other. In a few swift movements he tied the hole closed and carefully set it down on a ledge.

He turned away and darted down to grab the loose pearls. His neat braids fell loose as he moved until the dark locks were floating completely free

Noah was already going for the net when the other mer pulled it up single handed showing just how much strenght the mer was capable of handling. Noah wasn't really sure where to look when he pulled band out of his hair, sending braids floading around the man head like sea plants waving in the undertow. First he wasn't sure what he was seeing since Noah hadn't ever seen a guy with braids before and he could only think what a shame that there wasn't enough light to see them more clearly.

No! Noah snapped himself back into the presented and quickly pulled out the luminous moss from his shoulder bag as he followed the mer down to pick the fallen pearls up.

"Thank you, for helping me, though I'm the one who dumped into you.. I didn't expected anyone to be out here" Noah thanked the mer as they gathered the rest of the pearls and send him one of his best smiles as he swallowed his anxiey.

“It’s really no big deal.” Ame assured him. “ its my fault for hanging out in the dark like that.” He chuckled softly and put the pearls back in the net. “I just needed somewhere quiet to sit for a few minutes. It's pretty busy around here.”

Once all the pearls was back in the net Ame slung it over his shoulder as if it was weightless. “Lemme give you a hand with these so you don't go running into anyone else.” He winked at the smaller male and reached out to take the second net with his free hand. He actually found the boy cute. He seemed so nervous about making such an easy mistake, and his body was so slim almost like a female. Ame wondered if food was so plentiful here that there were men that didn't need to hunt, or if this particular male had some sort of health issue.

Noah could tell from the way the other was looking at him, he thought of him as small and weak just like every other mer looked at him. It annoyed him much more than he allow to show on his face as he reached his hand out for one of the nets the other was holding.

"I appreciate you helping me, but I can carry at least one of them myself, It's my job and I'm not some weak old woman" Noah protested as he did a small kick with his tail to get closer. It wasn't his intention to be rude to the other mer, Noah was glad for the help but it would seem wrong and weird letting some stranger carry out his work.

"Are you going to the feast? Noah then suddenly asked, not meaning anything with the changed topick.

"Ah, sorry about that." Ame handed over the second net. "I didn't mean to insult you." He smiled and lightly tilted his head to the side. "I'm kinda used to spending time with women who are just impressed by that kind of thing."

He blinked in surprise at the question. "Oh, the feast... Yeah, I guess I'll go. I don't really know a whole lot about this whole thing..." He thought for a moment. "Actually... Would you mind telling me a little about the feast?"

Noah shook his head as he took af firm hold in the net, he really didn't wanted to act like an ass just because the other wanted to help him. "It's okay and you did surprise me with that strenght of yours, but I normally do these things all the time so I'm use to it" Noah answered in a small apologeticall tone but spoke out clear enough.

He started to swim forward and expecting the other to follow him as he looked back over his shoulder as his question was answered.

"Well, this will be my first one to be honest so I don’t know much aside form what my sisters have been telling me, though I mostly just listen when they talked about the hunting for my part. I'm gonna participate in as many as I can" Noah smirked wide and exited for tomorrow's first event.

"You are a hunter right?" the mer looked over at the other again to comfirme with his eyes before he noticed that he was totaly giving the other the same scanne as he had gotten and quickly looked back with a small apologe."Sorry, I gets easily carried away, it's just you look the part"

Ame swam after the other male, easily keeping pace with him. "Yep, I'm a hunter." He laughed. "I guess it is pretty obvious huh? I'm really not good for anything else." He shrugged slightly. He was actually glad that the boy had asked something so quickly after revealing he was going to participate in the hunting. Ame couldn't imagine this little twig of a mer fighting anything bigger than a smelt.

"I heard something about a special event where hunters get to try out different weapons... Does that mean I shouldn't bring my usual stuff or what?" He tried to sound as casual as possible, although in reality he was very interested in the different customs of tribes.

"Hm.. You can bring your own weapons, the event I think is more of a way to see if you can find a more suitable on.

My sisters are all bringing their best weapons in a try to impresse a mate for tomorrow's hunt, but I wouldn't pick any of their's if I were you, they are either way too heavy or fragile enough to break after one hit." Noah tried to remember more about what he knew and why his sisters always spent way to much free time to prepared weapons.

"Lumina, my sister.. I think she told me about something like if a hunter no matter if he is great or not finds the perfekt tool made by another mer the two are the most suitable to pair. She said it would be like finding a missing piece of yourself.. that's properly just some romantic fantasy, but most people in our tribe do pick their partner based on this reason" He explained futher almost expecting the other to make him shut up some were about now.

What..

"Um, I'm not doing this i the prober order but my name is Noah by the was.. what is yours" the young merman asked as he looked over at the other, wanting to hear the other's name out of curiousty. Noah bet it was something more exotic than what he was used to.

• 3 weeks later...

"I'll try to avoid those them." Ame laughed softly at the other mer's comment about his sisters. "I'm pretty happy with my current hunting weapons so there wouldn't be much use in trying to find new ones."

"Hm..." He thought over the other male's explanation of the practice for a moment. "I suppose that's not the worst way to find a mate. As long as you actually feel some connection to the other person." He shrugged lightly. "I've never heard of something like that before, so it does sound a bit odd to me."

"Oh, right." Ame chuckled softly again. "I guess this is sort of the wrong order. My name is Ame, it's nice to meet you Noah." He flashed a bright smile at the boy. "Have you lived here your whole life?"

"Oh, right." Ame chuckled softly again. "I guess this is sort of the wrong order. My name is Ame, it's nice to meet you Noah." He flashed a bright smile at the boy. "Have you lived here your whole life?"

'Ame?.. What a funny name' the young mer thought as he return the smile. It wasn't a weird one, it seemed to suit the merman quite well, it was just drifrent.

Though Noah couldn't see much in the dark he did see things which looked familiar enough to ensure they were on the right path. True enough he recognized the curly cliff cli, home would be just around the corner from here.

"Yes, all my life, there really isn't much exciting happening around this place so when it is time for the gathering it's kinda the only really interesting thing happening. There aren't many mers who normally come this fare out so when there do or when others from the tribe comes back everyone normally gather to listen to their stories." Noah confessed, his smile slowly fading on him as he straightened to look forward. He really most times wished he could be like those mers too, only... If it hadn't been for his familiy he properly wouldn't want to go back here. The mer slightly shook his head, knowing fully well he couldn't even protect himself on such a journey let alone find his way.

"What about you?"

• Saga locked this topic