Sad News: Famous KPOP Singer of SHINee fame found Dead!?

KatieMH25!

Dear all, I read some really sad news yesterday that made me wanna cry! :(

I just had to share this news with Kpop fans on this site who may not have heard yet. Kim Jonghyun of the boyband SHINee was found dead from Carbon Monoxide poisoning on Monday 18th December and it looks like an attempt at suicide - (tho I wish it hadn't been and was simply a tragic accident instead!) This is heartbreaking news for Kpop fans! But most especially for the boys who knew Jonghyun the best! R.I.P JONGHYUN!! :Sad::cuteonion43:onion5

SOURCE:-

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tsetsua

• ehyrir

• Sleepy Kun

• Sanka

R.I.P Jonghyun. Shinee was one of my first Kpop groups when I got into it. Its so sad he goes like this...hopefully he is happy and free wherever he is.

• 2 weeks later...

I still can't believe he is gone. He has depression for many years, but I think everyone hope he will be better, not that tragic:( Poor Jonghyun. And poor Shinee's boys Y_Y

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is late on my end but I really hope that the Kpop industry takes this tragic event (and what happened with TOP recently) as a wake up call. The industry is really the cause of so many artists suffering from mental health problems. It's true that there are always going to be pressures with being famous but it's no known secret that the Korean pop music industry takes it to another level.

I guess we can only hope that companies begin to realize what policies are and are not harmful for their employees and begin treating them like human beings instead of products.

• 1 month later...

Wow, it's been 2 months now and I still feel it. It doesn't feel like he is gone but I guess that is just me trying to deny it. His death hit me harder than I thought it would I cried myself to sleep for about 3 weeks after. He was just one of the brightest musicians I knew and to know he felt pressured and lonely from others opinions and comments about his music just breaks my heart. It took me a week to actually muster up the strength to read his suicide letter. I cried so much...

I also feel shitty because it was only after his death that I and others realized how precious and fragile he actually was. Jonghyun was sending SOS's out and I didn't realize it. After I listened to song like Let Me Out, Lonely, and End of a Day, I found that he was singing from the heart. And his Poet, Artist Album that just came out was so heartbreakingly beautiful.

It is heartbreaking that this loving and kind soul left so early. He will always be in my heart.