Michelin [+18] (Literary Roleplay)

fameandfortune212

STORY

Michelin. The name that all chefs and restauranteurs fear, look up to and even worship.

The Michelin stars are awarded to restaurants and hotels that provide nothing but perfect food and services. However, perfection has a high price. For this so-called perfection, countless chefs and restauranteurs have driven themselves into madness and witnessed their own lives crumble to pieces.

This story is about the journey of an ambitious young man going after his first Michelin star.

Possible relationship: Chef x Restauranteur, Chef x Chef, Professional Chef x Unqualified but amazing Chef, Chef x Waiter.

---------------------------------------------

CHARACTER

6c70ddf053ae99050db2215afd3a1e41--bad-boys-manga-boy.jpg

Michael Vimen.

The nuns of Engalynk, an orphanage near Ipswich, had a rather sick sense of humour. They named him Michael Vimen. Vimen was in fact the latin word for wicker basket (the thing in which Michael arrived to the orphanage).

I will not bore you with the details of Michael's troubled growing up environment. Like many before him (and many more after him), Michael became a wild child and escaped from the orphanage at the age of 10. He picked up all kind of bad habit such as drinking and smoking, but one thing he got out of that orphanage was his amazing sense of survival. Michael made his way to Colchester and started working for a dodgy butcher shop that ignored child labour law. Every little money he made, he put in a rusted canister that he hid behind a loose brick in the alleyway he slept in.

At the age of 18, he managed to save just enough to buy a one way ticket to France. He somehow lied his way into a bistro in Nice and adopted by the chef there. The 50 year old chef had no child and saw the fire within Michael's eyes that he has never seen before. He passed down every knowledge he possessed to Michael. The boy for the first time felt love, and cooking became his life (like breathing).

Michael worked at night while he went to culinary school in the morning. Soon enough, he had a degree and was able to work in more classy restaurant. He became the sous chef at Oliviera.

Ten years passed and one day Michael told his friends at Oliviera that he would be going for his first Michelin star. All of them thought he was insane as he pulled out the money he managed to save. However, he successfully convinced all of them to fund his new restaurant with the promise of fame and fortune.

Michael had one year before the launch of his new restaurant - The Supper.

Trivials:

- Michael hates small talk, his last name and people who assume that he has OCD

RULES / WARNINGS

I have never been one for rules and such. However, in light of recent events, I have to set a few rules:

- English is not my first language (you probably can tell) so I will spare you some grammar errors

- Minimum 2 paragraphs per post.

- Contribution to further the story is needed from you and me. Please don't make me do all the work.

- Efforts for researching and discussions are highly appreciated.

- Experience in Hospitality is a plus.

- Romantic involvement is almost inevitable but sexual interaction will not be the top priority.

- I will tell you if I have to go for a certain amount of time and I hope you do the same.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND ATTENTION.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fameandfortune212

• Z3N

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, I'm indeed still looking for rp partner. Thank you for checking out this thread. Do you have any questions about the rp? So we can start discussing the story and characters.

I think your idea was pretty clear to me. I've been thinking about making a character who can't eat anything sweet if you're fine with that.

That sounds interesting. Would you want your character to be the restauranteur or a chef or a waiter or even customers?

That should do the trick since Michael is opening the business, it's taking some of the locals away from the locals restaurants or bistro (which one your character would work at). That can do the trick.

You can start making your character now. ^^

PS:

I reccommend movies like 'No Reservation' and 'Burnt' to watch, they captures pretty accurately how a restaurant function. And it's better than doing research by using boring wikipedia.

Yeah, he'd only go to the places where he really likes the food so it wouldn't be odd for him to change his favourite.

Alright, I'll take a look at them when I have a bit more free time. :)

What information do you want to have for the characters? I mostly only use picture, name, age, occupation and extra. But I can make a bigger profile if you want.

You can make the character in the format of picture, name, age, occupation, background and extra. Or you can just tell his story up to the current time like I did, whichever one you're more comfortable with.

You can make your character and post it here then I will make the thread with the starting post. ^^

165ed6954e7d9d3c05cc9d520ff58d3f.jpg

Name:

Levin Horlacher.

Male.

Currently works as a photographer.

Extra:

> Can't eat sweets.

> Scared to death of spiders.

> Cooks like a professional.

> Loves music.

Hi

, This is the thread and the first post. Sorry for the wait.