When Things Come Together w/Haraku +18 (Private)

azuneko

Name: Shuuji Takouji

Appearance:c0cb7610c4c0079249503a8d08f97bf3.jpg

It was a dark and stormy Friday evening. Flickering lights could be faintly seen through the drenched tinted windows of the bar 'Tipzy'. It was a quaint little bar off the edge of town. Mostly drifters and businessmen could be found here. Shuuji wiped down the counters as it was a slow night. He sighs a little to himself as he listens to the sound of the falling rain. 'I hate nights like these... something bad always seems to stir up..' he thinks to himself as he decided to avert his gaze towards the clock. He honestly couldn't wait for his shift to end. However no matter how long he stared the time felt as if it wasn't moving fast enough. Shuuji was sure he'd die of boredom before this night ends.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azuneko

• Haraku

Name: Cain

Nickname: The Devil You Know

Race: Demon

Eye Color: Ice Blue

Dislikes: Children, Breaches of Contract

Hobbies: Collecting souls and many strange human ones

Appearance: Cain.png?width=417&height=415

17076186_409794342707844_6257980629757984768_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQ2NzU5NjA5MzQwMjUxOTk5OQ%3D%3D.2

Cain pinched the bridge of his nose as he shook his head. The blue haired AI was the most obnoxious- thing he had ever encountered. "I've already told you I don't want your soul. First off you don't have one and second, YOUR JOB IS HORRIBLE. I will never do it again. Please stop calling me." Before she could get another word in about it he had hung up. His piercing blue eyes looked right through anyone who crossed his line of sight as he looked to the outside. There was a bar on the other side of the street.He made his way over halting cars in the rain with only his hand and a side glance. Should they dare put a mark on him they would pay dearly.

He proceeded until he made it inside of the building. He hated rain because of how it soaked into the fabric of his favorite trench coat. He couldn't be seen without it. Cain seated himself at the bar, turning the stool around so he could take a studious gander around the decently sized place.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Shuuji was changing the ice as he noticed the bell near the entrance jingle. He turned around and gave a small smile. "Hello and good evening. How my I help you sir?" he says with an ever so polite tone. His real intention was to get this over with as soon as possible. His shift would be over in a while and he couldn't be bothered with any strange occurrence. He was sure something bad would happen soon if not upon him leaving the bar. Either way he's never had a moment of good luck on nights like tonight. His gaze shifts towards the male who now sat at the bar. His first thought was how incredibly blue his eyes were. It was hard to look away from but Shuuji knew better than to stare at a customer for too long. He closed his eyes and gave off his signature humble smile.

Other Appearances:

giphy_1.gif

giphy.gif

Side Note: I have one last one to send if it will work but I am not sure it will so do not count on it.

Cain turned his head over his shoulder but gave the man over the counter more of a side glance. "Sure. If you have any fruit wine I would like to try it. That'll be all. Thank you." His tone changed with each sentence. From bothered to somewhat restrained in what he really wanted to say. He learned that in human society when he wasn't taking souls he had to be "civil" and that was by human standards. It could be the most obnoxious thing at times.

His eyes scanned over the intricate designs, the colors, and the lights. "Very intriguing but I have already grown weary of it."

Shuuji tilts his head as he couldn't help but let a tiny chuckle slip pass his lips. He had never had anyone come to this bar before and ask for such a drink. He turned as he grabs a flute glass and swiftly fills it with their finest white grape wine. He slides the glass over towards him as he gives a humble smile. Shuuji averted his gaze as he noticed someone else entering the bar. It was a rather tall male in a dark hooded sweater. His face was unseen as he sat in a seat near the entrance. Shuuji felt he much just be trying to escape the rain so he didn't think too much about it. His attention turned towards the clock once more. His relief for the night would soon arrive and he'd be able to go home. Shuuji was all too happy about this.

Cain took the glass between his index and middle finger to bring up to his lips. The liquid rolled over his tongue leaving his taste buds tingling. He enjoyed tasting a variety of fruity wines. It was one of the hobbies he picked up while living and mingling in the human world. It had so many things to offer. Wines were just an added bonus. His eyes trailed over to the door when it came open, bell jingling as the little crane brushed it before folding back s the door shut. The sound only briefly heard over the warm, low tone of music overlaying most sounds in the background. He didn't allow his gaze to linger for too long, there was so much more to look at.

He withdrew the side of the flute glass and moved it around to allow the liquid to roll around in the glass. His head shot back to the side as he spoke with clarity "My apologies for my mannerisms. Thank you for the wine. It's quite good." It was an earnest mistake- forgetting to thank the bartender. There were some of those people who did it on purpose because of their tendencies and/or personalities.

Shuuji blinked as he turned his attention towards the male at the counter. "You're welcome sir. I'm glad it's to your liking." he says as he averts his gaze. This man was just a customer here for a drink but he got the slight feeling that wasn't all he was here for. His gaze lowers slightly as he thinks to himself. 'The Rain is slowing down... I'll be able to get home without worry...' he thinks to himself as he let out a soft sigh. He looked around the bar and somehow he gave a shocked expression. 'Where did that hooded person go..?!' he thinks as his gaze darts from side to side. The inside of the bar wasn't all too big. Only one blind spot exists which was the hall off to the right side of the bar counter. That part of the hall was where the bathroom and back door was. He was sure the man didn't go to the rest room since at this hour one had to ask for the keys to enter. That also excludes the back door since the fire alarm would have went off. He didn't hear the front bell so he knew he didn't leave through there. It was far too strange. 'I must be tired...' he thinks to himself calming down. Shuuji just put it in his mind that he imagined that male. He calms down awaiting his coworker.

Cain sipped lightly at the fruity whine until the last drip entered his mouth. "Most satisfying. I thank you for your services." Cain placed a few 5 dollar bills on the counter, straightened out the black trench coat that hung off his shoulders as he stood and turned to the man behind the counter. "Do you have a bathroom here?" He questioned looking at the man but somehow seeming to look right through him at the same time. It was like he wasn't looking at him at all.

Shuuji looked up from his slightly dazed state of mind and smiled. He reached under the counter and grabs a small key ring with a little glitter emoji smiley attached to it. “Here you go sir. The bathrooms are just down that hall over there. Just remember to return the key when you’re finished.” he says as he glanced over to his side. Firstly he took the he money and placed it within the cash register. Shuuji then turned around to try and distract himself from worrying about the vanishing customer from before. Tonight was just giving him chills left and right. He really wanted to go home as soon as possible. Just as he thought that Shuuji noticed a female with brunette hair walking in. She smiled at him and he couldn’t help but feel a sense of relief. “Don’t look so happy to leave silly. What if a customer were to see it?” she says walking behind the counter as she took off her rain coat. “Sorry about that but there aren’t many people here tonight. I should be fine.” Shuuji chuckled as he told her the gist of what was happening as how the night was going before going to take his leave. Shuuji was sure he could make a quick run home without attracting any unwanted attention.

Cain thanked the bartender as he accepted the keys. The man walked around the corner into the darkened hallway. The shadows seemed to swallow him whole as he continued to make his way towards the bathroom. Eventually he reached a dimly lit section where a light flickered in and out. As he turned to face the bathroom something shimmering caught his attention in his peripheral vision,. He didn't allow his eyes to gaze fully upon it when he deciphered what it was. As it rushed forward to reveal itself in the flickering light, Cain swished to the side, hand clamping down on the mans shoulder as he found that he had missed.

Cain pushed the bathroom door open after unlocking it with the keys and threw the man in there, closing and sealing the door behind him. "A mugger? Did you really think you could kill me with that silly thing?" Cain asked in a superior tone as he dismissively gestured to the knife in the hooded figures hand. "Well it's the end of the line for you. I was seeking another soul and although yours is filth I'm sure it can be used for something." The mans face contorted into an expression of confusion until Cain summoned the red scroll seemingly out of thin air.

giphy.gif

"We'll make this quick...."

Cain left the bathroom and was sure to lock the door with the keys behind him. He dropped them off near the lady behind the counter before he made his leave, back to the hotel across the street. He walked across the street not looking either way before he went. There wouldn't be a need to anyway. He gave a little hop onto the sidewalk, adjusting his glasses so they were straight on his face then slipped into the building.

Shuuji clocked out and left the bar as soon as he was able to. He glanced up at the dark night sky that seemed to sway slowly with grey clouds. He sighs as he thinks about his journey home. It would take half an hour on foot to get there if he ran. Taking a deep breath he started running down the sidewalk. He wasn’t sure if I’d start raining again before he reached but it wasn’t something he could think about in that very moment. Shuuji kept running until he felt something moist hit his cheek. He slowed down as he stared up at the sky. ‘Shit.... I wasn’t quick enough...’ he thinks as it started to rain again. He grit his teeth a bit before he started running again. He kept telling himself to reach home and it’ll be okay. It took a bit longer than anticipated but Shuuji reached his house. He unlocked the front door and slammed it shut behind him. Quickly locking it back; he went through quickly checking all the doors and windows before going to his bathroom. He hears a light jingle off in the distance. “You got caught in the rain didn’t you. Why didn’t you call me to pick you up?” a familiar voice to him called out. He glanced at the bathroom door. “I was sure I could make it here without your help. You worry too much Ichiro.” he says. Ichiro was the owner of the bar Shuuji worked at. He was also his cousin so they lived together as roommates. Only Ichiro knew of Shuuji’s condition with rainy days.

Cain retired for the night, a list of souls collected and all of his quota's for the day filled. He set his trench coat up on the hook to the bathroom door, and removed all unnecessary clothing before crashing in his elegant fashion onto his bed, the covers coming up as he hit the bed, covering parts of his body. He grabbed a fist full of blanket when he went to roll over so it would cover the rest of him. Sleep claimed him soon after. Today had been a busy day and ending it with fruity wine proved to be a good idea.

Shuuji went to bed after a warm bath and chatting with his cousin. The next day he slept in not having anything to do that day. He spent the whole day just catching up on sleep and chores around the house. He watched a few of his favorite shows as well as getting some shopping in. The day went by rather quickly and soon the sun was setting. Shuuji was out eating ramen with his cousin Ichiro. That was until his cousin had to leave early to head to work. Shuuji was fine finishing up on his own. He took his sweet time enjoying the delicious taste before ordering a tea to finish it off. After feeling full and satisfied, he made his way down the street. The night lights of certain shops began to turn on. Shuuji was glad it wasn’t raining despite how cloudy it is. He took his sweet time returning home as he didn’t suspect any danger.

Cain had slept in since the rarest of souls usually came out late on the weekends. He never paid any real attention to the patterns of how souls came and went. He never cared enough to try and figure it out either. It wasn't really something he cared about when he did think about it. He fixed his trench coat so it hung off his shoulders and set out to find the only one to appear today. As he made his way out the door a small headache resonated in his head. "What the hell..." He pulled out the red scroll with a snap of his finger. A highlighted name stood out against the rest. Cain's eyebrows furrowed, a glare heavy set on his face. "A contact breach."

Cain disappeared in a storm of red and black to track down the one who had breached their contract.

Shuuji hums a little to himself as he walked home. Before he could ever reach the next street something suddenly snatched him back and down an alleyway. He was a bit shocked by this but his first thought was to find out what or who grabbed him. He glanced back as best as he could only to see it was some punk. However something felt off about this guy. He guessed whatever he wanted he’d find a way to escape it as quickly as possible. ‘I have to get away from this weird guy but how...’ he thinks to himself as he struggles to get out of his grasp.

Cain pushed his way through people on the sidewalk. The target wasn't moving which was fortunate for him but still he could not waste any time. As he turned the alley his dim yet piercingly blue eyes caught sight of the man he had been looking for. It seemed he had hold of someone else but he wasn't here for that. "You've been caught!" He exclaimed as he summoned the red scroll with a flick of his finger. "Your soul is now mine and you lose all benefits you would have gotten before." Cain offered no time for reaction. Instead he simply shot a projectile out from his gloved hand, the dark magic phasing into a hooked chain that sliced through the man like butter. As it came out of his back side the chain rotated and the sharpened claw on the end opened and began retracting back to where it originated except with the man coming with it. His life force slowly but surely being sucked into the end of the chain which extended from the black void of Cain's hand.

"Ahahahaahahah! You also lose your life."

Cain wiped off his glove and swept what seemed to be nothing off of his shoulders. "That will do for now. Seems that it's the last on the list too." He spoke aloud but it was directed only to himself. The scroll fizzled out of existence like a chemical flame being turned off from it's automatic container. He turned his back and began walking off towards the exit of the alley.

Shuuji struggled to get free from his attacker’s grasp. He wasn’t sure why but suddenly someone appeared out of nowhere. He felt as if he seen him somewhere before. His attention shifts towards the man holding him as he managed to get away just as he was snatched up by the other man. His eyes couldn’t believe what they were seeing. It was like something out of horror movies or novels. His attention turned towards the male as he suddenly remembered where he seen him from. He stood up before he could leave the alleyway. “Excuse me sir but aren’t you the man who ordered a fruit wine yesterday? I want to thank you for um saving me. I don’t know what you did but that was eh....” Shuuji was at a lost for words. He didn’t know how to properly thank the man without sounding crazy.

"You just happened to get lucky. I was merely doing my job. Don't get into trouble again." Cain who had stopped to listen to the other man started walking again and finally turned the corner disappearing into the night. The return home was welcome even though he hadn't been out long. Though the use of the demon artes was hard on his body and made tiring himself out that much easier. "There will be quite the haul tomorrow it seems." Cain left his trench coat on the hook attached to the door and flipped on the small end table lamp as he read the scroll that held tomorrow's agenda. The pentagram glowing on the back sometimes brighter when he made changes or flipped something around.

Shuuji was still shocked by how that all happened. He took a moment but decided to run after the man. However as he turned the corner he was no where to be seen. He knew he didn’t imagine such a thing. It all felt far too real to be just an illusion or dream. He lowers his gaze a bit as he makes his way home from there. He honestly couldn’t help but think about the man who sort of rescued him. It might not have been intentional but overall it still happened. Shuuji eventually made it home and went straight to his room in deep thought. He only knew of one possible way to see the male again. That was at the bar. Though the chances of him returning there were very slim. To top it off some people never return to the same bar twice just as a habit. He rolled back and forth on his bed just hoping he’d get the chance to meet the mysterious man again.

"Ahaha you cannot escape me. Once you've signed away your soul I will always come to take claim to what is rightfully mine. You should've known better." Cain took the glowing orb into his hand, turning his back to the contract signer. "It was nice doing business with you." Cain 'consumed' the soul to store with all the others and began walking off. A deep red portal appeared a few steps in front of him and he casually walked in as if it were normal. There was no one besides the man around so it didn't matter that he did it right then.

"So many left to take...I need a break." Cain's blue eyes trailed up to a sign. It was an old bar he used to go to a lot back when he first settled in the city. He moved along knowing it was about time for him to go to newer places. He wasn't even sure how he winded up there but that was partially his fault for not placing a direct destination for the portal to take him to. He took a piece of stray hair and gently brushed it back into place with a soft graze of his gloved fingers. He eventually decided to make himself a portal back home but stopped when he realized it was just across the street. "That's quite odd...I am surprised I have moved this far in such a small amount of time." He said aloud to himself.

He turned his head to look up at the bar he went to the other day. It was still 'fresh' so he could go into it like he used to with the other one. As he entered the bell chimed signaling his presence into the joint. He sat at one of the swirling stools attached to the bar under the counter by metal and waited for the bartender to hook him up with a question then followed by his desired drink.

After a while of thinking and rolling in bed; Shuuji got up. He might have had the night off but that wasn't going to stop him from going to the bar he worked at. This was all in the attempts of meeting the mysterious man who sort of saved him earlier. He took a shower, changed clothes and went out. He made his way towards the bar and smiled as he entered. It was rather more lively than the previous evening. Shuuji walked over to the bar and took a seat. His cousin and another employee were there working. "Its so nice to see you here outside of working hours." the female who was there the other night says to him. "Yeah I am here in the hopes of meeting someone." Shuuji says before telling about the what happened to him.

Ichiro crossed his arms as he looked at him. "I think its a terrible idea to meet up with such a man. He sounds like he could be very dangerous. Besides, you already have issues to deal with. Its best not to add more troubles to your plate." he says. "I just want to properly thank him for saving me. Even if it wasn't his intention. Its not as if I plan to marry the man. I was just hoping to see him again and say thanks." While the three of them spoke, Shuuji noticed the male entering the bar. His eyes widen as it was the male from before.

Cain coughed with a raised eyebrow as he slightly glared at the people behind the bar. "I would like something to drink sometime today- please." His words were almost as cold as his eyes. A frosted blue that had seemed colder than an ice storm. A gloved hand came to brush a stray hair of black out of the mans face. He crossed one leg over the other and let out a small sigh as he waited. The music they had on tonight was slightly irritating. For some reason they put on dummy rap and foolish mumble rap and such. No class. They had absolutely no class. Cain could tune it out pretty easily but he also had to listen for conversation and such for soul collecting reasons.

Ichiro moved aside as he walked over and looked at him. "Asking for something to drink without properly ordering is a bit bold. Its not as if your a regular here and we know what you enjoy drinking sir." he said with a smirk on his face. "He seems to enjoy fruit wines as its what he ordered the last time he was here." Shuuji says as he gave a small smile. The female went to prepare the drink and placed the glass before Cain. "Sorry to keep you waiting sir." she said with a polite bow. Ichiro could easily tell this guy wasn't normal let alone mortal. Though he was one to talk since he could say they were cut from the same cloth. That was the thread behind all of Shuuji's misfortune even if he wasn't aware of it. Shuuji couldn't keep his eyes off of Cain as he was trying to figure out a way to grab his attention in order to get his thank you out there. Ichiro on the other hand was just waiting for him to leave the bar as quickly as possible. He knew he had a bad feeling about this person when Shuuji spoke of him but now seeing him in person only made that feeling worse. He didn't need another entity on his turf.

• 3 weeks later...

"I don't need to be a regular to call one of you over to serve me. Had I been asking for a drink in non-sarcastic terms perhaps that would have reached you." Cain rolled his eyes with an icy glare towards everyone behind the counter. He turned to the voice that piped up about fruity whine. "So I have a stalker?" He bit out with a most unkind tone. "I don't believe we are acquainted- why are you following me?"

• Saga locked this topic