Name: Ashley Simms

Nickname(s): Ash

Sexuality: Homosexual

Appearance

Hair Color: Platinum blond

Eye Color: Hazel

Height: 5'6"

Build: Slender and a bit on the short side

Other: He has one pierced ear with a gold loop. Normally wears glasses around the house, contacts when out.

Personality/Interests

Personality: Ashley is friendly and generally the type of guy that gets swept along with whatever is happening around him. He gets along with just about anyone, but isn't really the leader type. He's more likely to blend into the background of any scenario, but that doesn't really bother him much. He can be very social when around others, but doesn't seek out adventure. He likes being around other people, especially his boyfriend. At home he's the type to laze around in an oversized sweater and loose pants, sitting around playing games or watching television like a cute little lump. His ideal date is just spending time together, not too focused on doing anything in particular. Movies, dinner, playing party games, cuddling on the couch...

Dislikes: Clubs, drinking, gossip, hot days

Bio:

Ashley is the youngest of 5 siblings, and his mother's baby. Living in such a large household he's not used to being alone, so it's not really something he particularly looks for. He came out to his parents once he entered high school and was met with support. Because his parents know his leanings he always felt a little strange bringing guys over, so he was too anxious to do anything. The house was almost always full so there was no privacy to be had. He's really excited to have a place between just himself and his boyfriend, but he doesn't quite know what to do with himself.

"So how were classes?" Ashley was already curled up at the corner of the couch he and Takashi shared in their new lodgings, feet pulled up beside him. He finished classes a good hour or so before his roommate, but it was almost impressive how quickly he had taken to loafing once home. His contacts were already out and sitting on the side of their sink, glasses pushed high up on his nose as his video game blipped to life. He hadn't had enough time to get completely settled in between classes and now, but almost. "I gotta read a chapter of the driest textbook this world has ever seen for tomorrow, so prepare for a lot of whining after dinner."

Glancing up he flashed a beaming smile up at his boyfriend, putting his legs down so that there was plenty of space to sit beside him on the couch. They had only recently adjusted into a sort of routine, the hectic life of moving and starting school had kept them tired and disjointed, usually crashing on the couch after awkwardly balancing studying and unpacking. Ashley had only just unpacked his games last night and plugged them in after returning from classes.

"I can turn this off if you want. I thought I had more time, but we can do something together. I even kept my pants on in case you wanted to go out somewhere." Normally he was the type to get lazy and comfortable once he was in his own space, a slew of sweatpants and pajama bottoms tucked away in one of their dressers just for his own lounging. It was one of his biggest pleasures, getting warm and cozy together with Takashi.

Their living space was just big enough for the both of them together, earning itself the title of 'cozy' rather than cramped. They had just as much space as they needed, without swimming in excess. It would be crazy for kids of their age to have anything more than what they did. In fact, what they had seemed unusually nice in Ashley's eyes. A kitchen, a dining room in the corner of the living room, and two bedrooms (although they only needed the one, really). They hadn't decided what to do with the extra room just yet, but they had more unpacking to do. Half of Ashley's things were still at home, still. They would probably stay there...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gacktluvr

• BookMark!

This move had been everything Takashi had been needing. Things had been rough since he had came out. Not to say Ashley had not been worth it because he had been and then some. The other male meant the world to him, but his parents disapproval had hurt none the less. He was thankful for both his sisters support. It had also given him a safe spot as his older sister had let him live with her and her boyfriend. The move however had been what had came from pushing forward and prevailing. Now he could be himself 100% with his boyfriend.

Now they were in college and things were going so much better. "Mnh...boring." he puffed "what about you?" He asked flopping down when the other made room. He then leaned into the other with a content sigh. It made him happy being with Ashley like this. To see him all the time now, to share a bed with him at night. "Aren't all text bools dry?" He teased and kissed the other playfully. "Lets stay in and order food...pizza or Chinese?" He asked pulling his phone up so they would be able to look at menus.

"They aren't so bad if you're interested in what they have to say, but core requirements are a bitch." With a wide grin he returned the kiss he'd received, shifting in his spot for more comfortable cuddling. He could be a bit boney in places, and being closer to his boyfriend was never a bad thing. "I'm not really the 'literary type' I guess. Reading about reading is, like, the absolute worst. Could anything be more abstract and pointless? Why not just read?" Ashley was not a big fan of the creative sphere, preferring things that were more logical and concrete. Abstract things were not his forte.

"Personally I'm in the mood for Chinese, but I could do pizza. Both sound delicious." Leaning forward for a moment Ashley grabbed the other controller to his game, offering it to Takashi. "You hungry right now, or you wanna play a bit? I got a pretzel at the commons between classes so I'm not really dying of hunger, but I can eat if you want something now." Takashi was nice and warm, more comfortable than he was for certain.

"I dun't know some of mine are dry and I enjoy the topic." He mused. Takashi on the other hand was artistic. He enjoyed drawing and panting. He was rather good at it too. Good thing considering he was wanting to be ether an anamator or comic artist. He even had a web comic up already.

"We can play for a bit then order." He said happy to take the controller and cuddle more with his boyfriend.

"You're in the wrong field if even your major's textbooks seem boring to you. Maybe you should come do science with me. There's something so beautiful about certainty." When it came to the rules of science and mathematics, Ashley couldn't hide how excited he got. The fact that everyone would get the same results when presented with the same problem... It was like being privy to a magician's secrets! That's what formulas were. Magic tricks that transformed problems into solutions. How could essay writing and basic literary theory ever hope to compare?

Kissing Takashi's cheek as he passed along the controller he booted the game in two player mode, wiggling his fingers to stretch them out before setting into some serious, and friendly, competition. "I'm just kidding, of course. You fit right in with your major, so don't change on account of some math nerd. I guess it's being a freshman that sucks. I'm stuck in pointless core classes and you're, once again, learning the basics. How many times is life going to start us from the beginning? Oh, I did hear something interesting, though." Ashley selected his character, shifting a bit in his seat to stretch his back. "Apparently every other spring semester they have a class on comics, but it's very heavy on all this boring literary track."

"Mnh thats more your area than mine. And really i just want to get down to the art part of it all. " he laughed as he picked his own character. "And i know...i hate starting over..." he huffed. "And i did hear about the class they were talking about it in one of mine. And of corse ita heavy on the literary track. Comics is all about story telling and all the common trops used through out all pf it." He pointed put.

"I know it is, I wasn't saying it wasn't..." He pouted a little at the thought that Takashi might think he was looking down on his chosen career path, nuzzling into him apologetically. "I hope you handle literary theory and all that junk way better than I do. I seriously can't stand the thing. I like reading, and I'd prefer if college didn't ruin that for me." Ashley chose his character as well, stretching awkwardly with a long yawn. He was such a lazy bum here at home, eyes practically watering with how hard he yawned.

"Want to make a little bet? Winner pays for dinner tonight?" Between the two of them, their skills were pretty much even. It was a game they used to play all the time even before moving, holing up in his room away from his brothers and sisters. He used to win in the early days, but after so long playing together his chances of victory were only 50/50 these days.

"Well I can help you with that and you can help me with math...cuz i dont get that stuff at all..." he puffed stuck in the basic math classes now having to work hisself up to the higher ones. He had seemed unfazed by whatever ash had thought upset him.

"Deal!" He chirpped this was a game he knew well practically able to play it in his sleep. He had ash to blame for getting him addicted to the game but it was one of his favortes much like the boy who got him into the game.

"No cheating, no underhanded tactics." It was silly for him to say that, since he was usually the one to cross the bounds of 'fair play' when it came to these sorts of things. It wasn't as if he was a sore loser, but seeing Takashi focusing so intently made him want to pick on him a little bit. A tickle here, a nibble there... Anything to get him a little bit flustered. He was just too cute.

Chances were he'd probably break his rule this time, too, because when it came to Takashi sometimes he just couldn't help himself. That little jump when his concentration was broken, the way he squeaked at being touched, the way he got so flustered at having been teased. All of that made it impossible to resist. And if Takashi was being honest with himself, he probably knew somewhere deep down that it was coming.

This time, though, he'd try to play fair.

...Key word being try.

Takashi laughed and smiled "what you saying that to remind yourself?" He teased knowing that it was Ashley who typically cheated. Not that Takashi minded really...Ashely was too cute to say mad at anyways and it was just a game after all. "You are gonna buy dinner tonight though. " he said ad he played using his usual character and knowing all their moves including the special moves he had perfected.

• 2 weeks later...

"Maybe if I say it out loud I'll actually stick to it. That's my thought process, honestly." Chuckling softly Ashley settled in to his position, perfectly comfortable as he leaned back against Takashi with a slight smile. Ashley was no stranger to this game, either. The two of them were pretty much a perfect match in this fight, as well as in general.

That wasn't even his opinion. It was a fact that could not be denied. Takashi was absolutely perfect for him, and he'd prove it with this match. He could cheat and play around as much as he wanted, and neither of them would be upset about the result no matter what. Whether Takashi won or Ashley won, it was all good. Whether he cheated or it was a fair match, they would both enjoy themselves. They would both have fun together. And being able to enjoy one another's company was the most important thing to Ashley. It was...kind of exciting, in a strange way...

He laughed and leaned a bit into ashley. "If you say so ash." He teased as he got they advantage in the game and was ckose to winning. Not that it really mattered much who really won in the end.

• Saga locked this topic