"I Love You, Son" (EvenEcho & Sathenus) {18+}

EvenEcho

Thane couldn’t feel happier about how things were between them now. At least now he knew that he didn’t have to hide his feelings from his father, even if for a few days things were still going to be a bit awkward. At least the awkwardness was now due to uncertainty of just how far he wanted to push things so quickly, and not as to whether he was about to be rejected again. It was a huge weight lifted off his shoulders as he settled back into his chair with a pleased sigh. Things were going to be much easier, he could already tell. Glancing towards his father when he agreed to go hiking first then go swimming upon their return a genuine smile crossed his face. “Sounds great.” He replied already looking forward to it. Nodding at the comment of them waiting a little while longer before roasting some marshmallows before his father would go to bed. Chances were he’d end up going to bed with him, it was no fun to hang out by the fire by himself. That and he kind of wanted to cuddle a bit with the older man even if he wasn’t the one sleeping at the time.

Watching his father walk a little way away from their camp to go to the bathroom he soon turned his gaze back to the darkening sky. It was pretty, watching the sun set and the way the sky changed colors. Before long the only light left was from their fire, both having been sitting around it quietly. At this point he was just lounging back in his chair, unlike the older man who had gone and put on pajama bottoms Thane was still only in his boxers. He still felt like it was nice enough out that he could enjoy it while it lasted before it became cooler at night and not as enjoyable to lounger around in nothing but his underwear. He was drawn from his thoughts hearing his father clear his throat before going to get the marshmallows. Upon his return he set the bag on top of the ice chest that was once more taking the role of a table. Truthfully, it seemed like the best use for it, shifting a bit closer so that they could roast some marshmallows together.

For a while he enjoyed doing so, roasting marshmallows and having some light-hearted conversation as they did so. Once both had their fill and the marshmallows were put away to avoid luring any animals Thane stood and stretched. “Well, let’s put this fire out and get into the tent then shall we?” It was getting later, and though he would much rather stay up and spend even more time with his father he had noticed him yawn numerous times. The last thing he wanted to do was keep him awake. Once they had extinguished their fire he climbed into the tent knowing his father was right behind him. Settling himself down in the spot he had picked for himself he got comfortable. Waiting for the older man to settle down as well, when he had Thane had to admit he hesitated only for a moment before he pressed himself closer to him. It might still be a nice night, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t still cuddle up to the other. Especially now that he knew his feelings were returned.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EvenEcho

• Sathenus

John helped put out the fire and before he knew it, he was following Thane off into the tent. He saw his son crawl into his chosen spot and get comfortable. He lay down and pulled the blankets over him a few centimeters away, but by the time he had dozed off, he had an arm wrapped around Thane, and had moved closer and had pulled Thane closer resulting in the boy pressed against his chest. He didn't realize much, since he was mostly asleep, but he was very warm, and he liked the warm feeling, it was nice and comforting. That night John dreamt of so many things, his mind racing across his subconscious, first picking out lovely and enjoyable things to remember and imagine before startling him awake with a nasty memory from his childhood. He sat up, and looked down at Thane. He hoped he hadn't woken him. He took a deep breath and got back under the blankets before wrapping a strong arm around his son before going back to sleep, hopefully with good dreams or no dreams at all.

John woke up and snuggled back into the warmth in front of him. The ground was a little lumpy and uncomfortable, but for the most part, it was nice. He could hear little birds starting to wake up and chirp and Thane's soft breathing. He snuggled back up against Thane. How he missed this, how he knew he would miss it in the future. The thought of seeing on Thane helped him think about the weeks where he would miss him. John finally sat up and stretched his arms above his head. One thing about being tall is that arms and legs had to be stretched every so often or else you were prone to excessive cramping. He slowly and as queitly as possible crawled out of the tent to start the fire once again and to start heating up the metal pot so they could make coffee and he took out the cast-iron pan which he would use to make some scrambled eggs.

Knowing that Thane liked to cook usually meant that John wouldn't cook, but it was also nice to cook for someone every once in a while. Plus, this was camping, this was his territory. He grinned and put the coffee over the flames and let the water boil before adding the tea-bag like pouches filled with coffee. He pulled the coffee off the flames and let it cool near the large rocks around the campfire. He poured himself a cup and added a few packets of sugar before drinking it. He planned on waiting to make the eggs when Thane got up so they would be warm (not like they were going to get cold in this weather) for his son.

Thane was more than comfortable when he found himself resting against his father’s chest eyes drifting shut. This was something he could certainly get used to, and he knew he was going to be bummed to be stuck returning to his room when they got home. Still, at least he could enjoy it for now while it lasted. The closeness to his father’s body helped him fall asleep, he stayed asleep by his unconscious mind being aware of who was touching him. That and his mind played over a few things that he had really wanted from his father. Things that made him shift in his sleep, pressing his body more firmly against the older one beside him. At one point in the night he felt a sudden movement beside him that made him murmur unconsciously in his sleep. His body stirring enough to show that the movement had not been unnoticed but otherwise not waking.

The rest of the night passed quickly, and before Thane knew it he was waking up in the tent. Groaning as he rolled over, it was then he realized he was alone in the tent. Sitting up he rubbed at his eyes figuring his father must already be awake. He was kind of bummed out that he didn’t get the pleasure of waking up beside him. It just meant that it would be his goal next time as he stretched his body before climbing out of the tent. Seeing that his father had made some coffee and was relaxing in his chair. “Morning.” He greeted with a smile moving instantly towards his father. Thane so desperately wanted another kiss to make sure that everything that had happened last night had not been some dream. Pressing their lips together in a gentle kiss his smile was bigger when it was broken. “I love you.” He murmured softly not needing to say it loud since they were so close.

He was sure the look in his eyes also conveyed his love for his father. Nothing could make him love this man more than he already did now. Pouring himself a cup of the still warm coffee he took a sip a sigh passing his lips right after. It was a nice quiet morning as he settled into his chair beside his father. Having moved it closer because he wanted to remain closer to the older man. Thane made absolutely no move to make breakfast or ask what his father wanted like he would back home. Cooking like this was not his specialty and it relied solely on his father. When the older man mentioned he intended to make some eggs for them he nodded and relaxed watching as the older man started to do so. “You know… I could get used to you making breakfast.” He said in a teasing tone. Of course, he didn’t mind doing it. It was still nice to have the small break though.

"Morning," when Thane got out of the tent, he reached over to the ice chest, where the ice was still cold but mostly melted, and grabbed the eggs and when he felt Thane kiss him, he kissed him back before smiling. "I love you too," he turned away to crack the eggs and get them cooking. Soon they had scrambled eggs on their paper plates and plastic forks to eat with. John chuckled, a deep rumbling laughter that only a lasted a second but it was truly sincere. "I like making breakfast, I will make breakfast for you on the weekends when you come home, how about that? It's the least I can do to give back some of the things you do for me," he ate a forkful of eggs but looked around to cover them in ketchup. He continued to eat.

John put some water into the pan and scrapped the extra and burnt eggs on the cast iron off into the trash before letting it cool down a little bit more. He would then put it in their bag of camping gear, or at least the on full of the cooking utensils. John changed out of his pajama pants into his jeans in front of the tent. He didn't mind his son seeing him, plus nobody else was around. It wasn't like he was going commando. He put his boots on and poured himself another cup of coffee. "Did you sleep well?" His fingers clasped around the cup, and the sun was halfway risen, it was already a little warm out despite the sun not even fully being up.

There was a part of Thane that truly felt like he would never get used to hearing those words and knowing just how much his father loved him. He was more than happy every time they were said though watching as the eggs were cooked. It wasn't long before they each had a plate of hot eggs in front of them. Eating them happily as he relaxed in his chair. The proposition of his father making him breakfast when he came home on the weekends sounded fantastic. "That'd be great. Though you certainly don't need to make up for anything. I enjoy helping you out and making sure you have everything you need." He admitted. After that breakfast passed mainly in silence until he was asked if he had slept well. "Fantastic actually. Better than I have in awhile." He was honest in his answer. Sleeping against his father had allowed him to get some of his best sleep in quite some time. It was something he could certainly get used to doing.

After finishing his breakfast he took care of his trash and moved back towards the tent, pulling on a pair of shorts so he wasn't still in nothing but his boxers. As he retook his seat and relaxed retaking his cup of coffee he spoke once more. "How about you? Did you sleep well?" He questioned. He was curious, his mind was still vaguely aware of that one moment when he had been slightly stirred by his father. He didn't know if the other man had actually woken up, or maybe had just moved suddenly but he was curious. Running a quick hand through his hair to try to tame it a little after the night he stretched his legs out before him. "This was a great way to relax, what with the upcoming week and all." The next week at school for Thane was studying for his upcoming finals and it was going to be a lot of late nights, stressful mornings and headaches. But, it was all going to be worth it, as he knew after the next few weeks school would end and he would have a few months with his father before he'd be off to college to start another leg of his journey.

Not having realized his eyes had drifted shut he forced them open, instantly they landed on his father. "You know..." He mused trailing off for a moment. Tapping his chin as he thought before finally speaking again, "We should really plan something for after my finals. It will be nice to have something planned for the two of us to do after such a stressful period. I'm sure it would be beneficial for us as well." Until now he hadn't given any thought to what he wanted to do after finals and after school ended. He had been to deep into other thoughts. Now that he had his father and didn't have to worry about that anymore he had time to think about other things. He knew he did not want some huge party though, he just wanted time with his father. Even though he had a few close friends, the one person he actually wanted to spend time with was sitting right beside him.

Shrugging his shoulders, John put his trash in the trash bag and collected all the trash around the camp and put it in the bag. "I slept well, I woke up once but I fell right back to sleep. You make to softest and cutest little sound when you sleep," he smiled and tested to see how how to skillet was before putting it back with the rest of their stuff. He offered Thane more coffee since they still had a bit of coffee left and he had already had two cups, more than enough coffee for him. "I'm glad you slept well, perhaps we should do this more often. Not the camping thing, I meant the sleeping thing although I wouldn't mind camping during the winter during your break if you want," he knew that Thane had finals, and he was glad that the trip was relaxing him despite having a bunch of important testing happening the next day. He also knew that Thane would do great and he didn't have to worry.

A plan for after finals. That sounded interesting. They could go camping again, but what if they used a little extra money to go somewhere nice, like a really nice hotel. No, that would be awkward. They could rent a cabin somewhere nice in a forested area or something but that didn't seem all that relaxing. Drawing a blank, John nodded. "Where would you like to go? What would you like to do? I was thinking of inviting your friends over for a little celebration and then sending them away to take you somewhere, anywhere you want. I've said this a million times but I want you to know how proud of you I am. I can't believe you're already graduating high school, you've grown so much!" He almost stressed himself out thinking about how much older his once baby boy was.

"We'll do anything you want. Maybe camping again, or renting a cabin somewhere cool, like up in the mountains, or going to some fancy hotel," he smiled. He wanted Thane to be happy, that was his top priority under taking care of and providing for him.

A deep blush colored his face at the comment of the soft and cute sounds he apparently made while he slept. Even though he was glad that he didn’t make any sounds that bothered his father in his sleep, it was still kind of embarrassing that he made any sounds at all. But, he could at least appreciate the fact that the older man seemed to find it cute all the same. Hearing that they should do this again he immediately assumed his father meant go camping again but listened as he kind of babbled attempting to explain himself. Laughing softly he flashed a large smile, “I’d love to do this again with you. Both camping and sleeping with you.” The idea of camping during the winter when he came home made a small smirk cross his face, it was easy for him to figure out why his father would be up to that. The nights would be colder, meaning to keep warm they’d have to cuddle together. Not like he would complain regardless, any reason to sleep pressed against his father was a good reason for him.

“I like the sending them away idea.” Thane mused with a slightly teasing edge to his voice. Though he was partially honest, he didn’t mind having a small party, but he would be looking forward to them leaving and it just being him and his dad again. The mention of going camping again, renting a cabin or even a fancy hotel got him thinking. “Renting a cabin up in the mountains could be fun.” There was quite a few things that scenario encouraged and he was more than up for anything that might happen during their stay up in a cabin. That, and he didn’t want his father spending a lot of money for them to go on some huge trip or some fancy hotel. Even if he would like such things, he’d much rather go a simpler route, and a cabin retreat for a little while sounded like the perfect way to celebrate his graduation.

“Anything I want?” Thane repeated, suddenly becoming aware of those three words having been said. That might not be the best route for his father to go as there was quite a bit he wanted from the older man. After all, it wasn’t like he hadn’t dreamed about certain things when it came to his father, especially with his more romantic feelings for the older man. Now that there really was nothing keeping them apart, their feelings out in the open then he felt like he could at some point openly express some of his desires. For now, he had settled with cuddling and kissing, allowing his father to get used to their new status with each other not wanting to rush anything. He just hoped that his ultimate goal and what he was still craving was something his father wanted and wouldn’t end up rejecting.

"Then we will send them away; it'll be just you and I, how about that?" He smiles and thought about the cabin idea. He did like that one the most as opposed to renting out a fancy hotel, not because of the money issue, he would spend everything he could on Thane if he had the cash to do so, but cabins were nice and remote, and it would be cool and overall beautiful outside and he would have Thane all to himself. It sounded so serene and peaceful, which he was sure his son would need after a week of hard tests and before his crazy years of college ahead of him. "Anything you want," John repeated, almost unsure if he had said the wrong thing, but Thane seemed to want something, and John was prepared to give him anything; he would do anything he could to make his son happy and content.

John licked his chapped lips and dug around in the watery ice chest for a water bottle, he took another out for Thane in case he wanted one. He liked soda, but in the heat even he could admit that water was better. He took a moment to think about what 'anything you want' could mean. He hadn't said it with 'impure' intentions, but he wasn't opposed to the idea, not fully at least. There was still a part of him that was unsure about all of this, but he easily squashed it. His life was seeming so much easier now that he had just gotten over his own experiences and let himself do what he wanted, let himself love and care for who he wanted indiscriminately.

The sun was rising higher and higher by the minute and John stood up and put out the fire. He rinsed out the coffee pot and put it away as well before he brought out a few blankets to fold them up. "What do you want? If you could have anything? Money isn't important, this is hypothetical," he meant it with an innocent honesty. He was an old man, but thinking about sex constantly was in the past, he was more mature now, he was getting more mature by the day, by the week, month and year. Although he wasn't opposed to sex, he wasn't a prude due to his age, he just wasn't as horny as he used to be. After folding up the blankets and loaded them into the back seat of the truck, he put out the fire. "Let's go for a hike, swim and then we can go home, do you like that idea?"

“That sounds perfect.” Thane replied with a large smile. It really did sound perfect, sending his friends away and being left just with his father. Even if that wasn’t something most teens would do, it came down to the fact that he’d rather be with the older man than he would surrounded by people his own age. Hearing those three words repeated in a way of confirmation only made him more excited though it probably really should affect him the way that it did. He was young though, so he figured it was only natural that his body wanted certain things. Though Thane wouldn’t say that sex was constantly on his mind, it was something he really wanted when it came to his father. Again, something he was aware wasn’t accepted by most, but he didn’t care anymore. They had already admitted their feelings for each other and kissed, this was the last step they had to take before they could officially be together and he could be completely sure of his position. That and it would be a great way to help him relax after the stress that he was going to face in the upcoming weeks for his finals.

Watching as his father started to pack up camp he figured he might as well help. Getting to his feet he helped fold a few things and get them in the truck listening as he was asked what he wanted. Hearing that it could be anything and even going so far as to say hypothetically. Thane was more than aware of what he wanted, but wording his desires was not quite so easy. For a few minutes he busied himself doing something else before he finally tried to get the words out. “Well… I… would really love to have… sex with you…” He trailed off after admitting what he wanted. Rubbing the back of his neck a bit nervously, “I always have… and to be honest it just seems like that would be the perfect time for us to take that step. If you are even up to doing so.” It wasn’t like Thane was going to force his father to take a step that he wasn’t ready for, but it was something he really did want. Something that he was more than ready to do.

At the mention of them going for the hike then coming back to go for a swim before going him he nodded in agreement. “Sure, sounds like fun.” Thane replied. After he was sure their camp was mainly packed up he reached out for his father’s hand and lead him towards the trail that he wanted to take. When he had mentioned hiking last night it was because there was a trail he had in mind. It was a beautiful trail if he remembered correctly, though a bit of a winding one it was worth all the twists and turns. Walking side by side he allows his mind to wander, entwining their fingers together as they went.

While his son spoke, John was packing their things back up. Then Thane decided to help so he let him take over some of the things. He took down the tent and folded it all back up and put it back in its bag. He was glad that his son wanted to spend time with just him, but he was already neglecting his friends in favour of him. This is what he was worried about. He sighed but he wasn't going to let that bother him he decided. He was going to see this through until Thane no longer wanted him, and then he would let his son go wherever and he would support him one hundred percent like he wished he would have when Thane was younger. Then he froze for a second before continuing as normal. His son wanted to have sex with him? He offered anything he wanted, anything in the world as it was hypothetical, and it was sex with him? He smiled. It was touching to know that his son desired him like that too, but he wasn't sure if he could. He had sex to make Thane, so that sex part wasn't the issue, it was who it was with. Had Thane ever had sex before? Would he be taking his own son's virginity?

Before he could think he opened his mouth based on what his initial thoughts were, "Okay," he paused again and then smiled. If that was what would make Thane happy, then that is what he would do. It would make him happy too, it wasn't as if his son was unattractive, but that also wasn't why he would be with him, he wanted him, to be close to him, and sex was the most intimate thing a person could do, and it sounded rather fitting. He finished packing the stuff up. "Let's go start our hike. So we can see a lot before we come back in time to swim before we have to leave. John didn't think they needed to get dry before leaving for home but he did put towels down in the front seat of the truck so his interior wouldn't be ruined.

On their hike, John pointed out many things. He knew that Thane knew all of this, probably from all the things he just knew and learned, but it was nice, John thought. He was sweating badly too and wondered how badly he stunk before he forced himself to sit down on a large rock. He wiped his forehead. "I'm about ready to hit the lake, how are you?"

Thane was silent now that he got out what he wanted. Working quietly to help pack things up, though he did notice the way his father seemed to pause upon hearing what he had wanted from him. Was it asking too much? He truly didn’t know if that was the case. Just as he was about to become worried and give the older man yet another chance to deny him he heard a simply okay instead. Was that an agreement? Realizing it was as close to an agreement as he was going to get excitement already started to spread through his body. How could he not get excited when he so desperately wanted it? Not commenting though he just continued to help get things packed up and in the truck so they wouldn’t have to worry about doing so after their swim. It didn’t take them long before they were good to head out on their hike. “Let’s get going.” He replied with a smile following his father along the trail and listening as he pointed things out to him.

It didn’t even matter that most of the things that he was saying he already knew, as long as he was spending time with him that was what mattered. Still, he occasionally asked questions to humor the older man and show that he was listening. As they stopped to take a break his eyes raked over his father’s form noticing the sweat he had built up. Sweat had accumulated on his body as well, so he wasn’t really surprised or bothered by it. The question of if he was ready to hit the lake made him nod rather eagerly. It was quite hot now and he was more than ready to go for a swim and cool down. “I’m definitely ready to head to the lake.” He replied. Holding his hand out to help his father back to his feet before he lead the way towards the lake. It didn’t take them that long to reach the shoreline and he didn’t even bother undressing this time. Instead he just slipped off his socks and shoes and stepped instantly into the cool water.

The water was so cold that it hurt at first, but he ignore the feeling as he waded in further. It didn’t take him long to submerge himself completely in the water, allowing himself to enjoy being surrounded by it before he resurfaced. Reaching up he pushed his hair back from his face, it was long enough to get into his eyes and that was something he wasn’t particularly fond of. Still, he liked the length for the most part and didn’t want to cut it. Turning his attention back to his father he spoke, “It was definitely a good idea to go swimming after our hike.”

At the lake, John stripped his clothes without hesitation along with his boots and ran into the water, hopping a little bit before he stood tall as the water gently lapped at his shoulders as he swam. He submerged himself, holding his breath to get his head wet. He swam up and broke the surface before looking for Thane. He swam to his son and smiled, before shaking his hair and pushing it out of his eyes. "You're hair is getting so long. Do you want to cut it anytime soon?" He asked offhandedly but with the burning interest. He didn't know, but he loved Thane with his longer hair.

The water was a little chilly, but it felt good on his overheated skin. He wasn't too worried about sunburns but only because he was so focused on his son that he didn't have the attention to focus on anything else. He pulled Thane to him, "I have been a little awkward today, but I want you to know that last night... I was glad that I could get it off my chest, I love you," he kisses Thane softly before smiling. He felt wrong kissing his son, but at the same time, he felt so right. He felt overwhelming affection for Thane, and he could see the love in his son's eyes. It made him so happy that he had some love for someone, and it didn't matter that it was for him, because he looked at Thane with the same eyes. He was so glad he didn't have to hide or condemn his own emotions anymore. "I'm so proud of you for starting that conversation, and I apologize for rejecting you so harshly, I never meant to hurt you."

John enjoyed the lake some more before deciding his was tired and wanted to go home. He wondered if they would sleep together again, just in the same bed. He enjoyed it greatly and he did have to admit he slept very well despite the nightmare (which he was sure was just coincidence). He dove around a little bit more, watching as his son had fun in the lake as well before he swam back to the shoreline and shook off before putting his shirt on, he draped his pants over his arm and slipped his boots on lazily so he could walk back to the truck. He would put his boots on once he was seated in his truck and above to drive back home. He was tempted to take Thane's clothes and fold them, but he stopped himself. That would be weird, wouldn't it?

“Maybe just a trim. I don’t mind the length that much.” Thane replied at the question. He was fine with the length of his hair, but had no problem admitting that he should at least get it trimmed a little. Not actually cut his hair though. He didn’t want it becoming too short and new if he told anyone to cut it then it would be. As if testing the length again he ran his hand through his wet hair. His mind was drawn from it when he felt arms around him as he was pulled to his father. It was unexpected but not unwelcome as he enjoyed their sudden closeness. Listening as he the older man spoke once more this time about his awkwardness today. Thane had of course noticed it, but had felt no need to draw attention to it. After all they had only last night made such huge progress in terms to their relationship.

It was the mention of how he had been rejected in middle school that made him frown slightly. “You did what you thought was best.” He responded with a shrug. In no way was he going to blame his father for doing what he thought was right and trying to get him to not see his father the way he did. It came down to the fact that though it had been rough, especially at the time his feelings had not changed. If anything he truly felt like he loved him that much more. Knowing that he’d cared that much. Of course when he was kissed and it was initiated by the older man he instantly returned it. “It took more courage than I expected to be honest.” Thane admitted. He had been worried about once more being rejected, but he was glad he had started the conversation as well.

Watching as his father turned and moved back towards the shore he enjoyed the water for a little while longer before doing the same though didn’t pull any of his clothes on, slipping his feet into his shoes so he could walk back to the truck. Gathering his shirt and shorts he just kind of rolled them into a ball before he glanced back towards his father. “Lets get on the road shall we?” he asked as they made their way back to the truck. It wasn’t long before they reached it and were on their way back to the house.

John hopped out of the truck and stretched before looking around. He was still in his shirt and boxers. He grinned and walked up to the door and unlocked it before stepping inside. The cool air of the AC was so cold that it actually made him shiver due to the sudden coolness that rushed at him. He took his boots off and put his pants over his dry boxers. He passed Thane on his way out to unpack the truck. He opened the garage and started to load their camping gear back into the garage in a rather neat way despite his usual disorganization. He usually could dig around and find things but with his camping gear he didn't want to have to dig around if they were going to need to get some of these things again in a week for the cabin trip. He would have to find a nice cabin to go to. He loved the internet because of the accessibility he had with finding information.

Finishing up the work by putting the camping stuff away, insisting that he could do it himself, he walked into the house and this time the cool air felt good on his body since he had been working and sweating due to the heat. Why did they live in a place that was always so hot? He took his boots off and kicked them towards the side of the door, where he would probably keep them until he felt the need to move them (which could be months, honestly). He was a little hungry, but he could live. "I'm going to take a shower, I'm all sweaty!" He called so Thane would know where he was if he needed him. He went up to his room and grabbed some nice, clean clothes and turned the water on in his bathroom. He got in and started to take a nice shower.

Thane wasn’t quite as quick to get out of the truck, finding now that he was sitting down he did not want to get back up again. Groaning softly he finally got himself moving and slipped out of the vehicle heading towards the front door after grabbing his bag. The cool air that greeted him made him so tempted to just lay down just inside the front door and not move again. Instead he slipped his shoes off, tossing them beside his father’s boots before he was about to offer to help put the camping equipment away. He was instead told not to worry about it so with a nod and shrug he moved towards his room to put his bag away and make sure he had everything for the next day of school.

It took him awhile to do so and before long he was back in the kitchen debating what he was going to make them to eat. Eyes scanning through the fridge and freezer. He was just about to ask the older man what he wanted when he was informed he was going to take a shower. It took all the self-control that Thane had left to now try to encourage his father to let him join him. It was harder than most people would think, but for right now he had to keep his head focused on other things and not the body that was currently bare and in the shower. Damn… that thought alone didn’t help as he sighed and shook his head hoping to in a sense shake the thoughts from his mind.

Waiting until he was sure his father was done showering he moved upstairs to ask him what he wanted to eat. “It’s probably going to act as lunch and dinner. I’m too tired to cook two separate meals tonight.” Thane informed the older man. Though he had no problem doing such things normally, he was to tired physically to do so tonight after the hike and swim. “I’ll be nice though and make sure you’ll have something for a snack encase you get hungry later.” He mused after a moment. Since he wouldn’t be cooking again later he figured it wouldn’t hurt to make sure his father had something he could snack on encase he got hungry before going to bed. It would be something light and healthy of course, but at least it was better than nothing at all.