Novels with Deep/Fun storyline - Recommendations ヾ(´▽`*;)ゝ” [R18+]

BlackRen

I've been reading quite a bit of bl novels for a while now and would like to see, if anyone else encountered well developed novels with good back story and interesting interactions between characters. Novels that don't feel like rough piece of stone.

Please share your favorite titles and post away why you liked them.

Which one made you excited and which one performed "Onion Ninja Strike" on your poor soul :cuteonion49:

Here's my list with some of more memorable titles:

(There are no real spoilers hidden under spoiler tag, just my personal input.)

~In the Company of Shadows (1st Edition) by Santino Hassell~

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

One of my favorite of all time books. It's a very realistic and sometimes brutal and bloody dystopian story. 50% Action / 50% Psychology theme. In ICoS Santino portrays ever flawed human relationships in mature and believable way. All the books together contain somewhere around 5.000 pages, which is a huge plus for me.

~In The Box (Hako no Naka - 3 Volumes) by Narise Konohara~

You need to read all 3 volumes (7 chapters / ~30 years from the first meeting till end of the story) to fully apreciate it. At times the story writing is laid back, however towards the end it focuses on life choices and passing of time. Makes you contemplate on what is left for you in life and what and who will you leave behind after you pass away.

~Kill the Lights by Jangryang~

The backstories of main characters are on a serious side, while their life in present time is rather light-hearthed. The supernatural bits are intriguing. The english translation is still ongoing. Free-to-read online.

~Transmigrating into a Mob Character to Rehabilitate the Villain Plan by Sha Xiao Wan~

Typical transmigration to another xianxia world with a twist. It's an easy read for all fans of this genre. The real romance doesn't start until late in the book, since the main characters meet as children and experience first love (on a level of elementary school kid) after they dare to challenge cultivation sect enrollment test. Most of the first volume has been translated. Free-to-read online.

~[Online Gaming] Love You 59 Seconds by Yun Guo Shi Fei~

Slow paced and laid back novel. What makes it great is the interaction between shy and a bit awkard uni student (the one being teased) and stone-faced CEO working part time as a teacher (the one doing the teasing). You could call it an endearing comedy. It's still being translated (2-4 updates weekly). Free-to-read online.

~The Legendary Master’s Wife by Yin Ya~

Very similar novel to "Transmigrating into a Mob Character to Rehabilitate the Villain Plan", but more on the comedy side. The main characters slowly fall for each other, while the story progresses. Cute airhead transmigrating into xianxia world vs. Manipulative and possessive ancient expert. Each chapter will make you laugh. Over 220 translated chapters free-to-read online.

~Feng Mang by Chai Jidan~

Pure comedy. The main character is very self centered psychic following on impulse his quirky ideas - and those will make you speechless without a doubt. He won't spend a day doing hard labor. Instead he will use his gift to see past and future fortune of others to earn/scam enough money to get by for another day. And now he urgently needs to avert his bad karma and get himself out of danger of getting in relationship with a predestined man. 29 chapters translated. Free-to-read online.

~My Wangfei is a Man by 十世~

Might be a bit cliche, but still fun to read so far. This novel is a mix of emperor's court intrigue, matrial arts cultivation and memory loss theme wrapped into light comedy. There is only few chapters translated so far. Free-to-read online.

~Lord of the White Hell by Ginn Hale~

A more mature take on magical academy / mystery story. I would categorize it as "young adult" type of book, if not for the romance part. The end of the second book leaves a lasting impression.

~Bloodraven by P.L. Nunn~

This one will definitely won't be for everyone. It's a dark fantasy book including cross species sexual relationship, slavery, bloody murder and forced intercourse. Everything is very detailed and not glossed over, which has it's cruel charm to it. I like that it follows closely the main characters journey, without getting distracted by side cast.

~Mending the Rift by Valentina Heart~

One of the best hi-fantasy m-pregs. Unlike in other books of the same genre, in this one the main characters mature over time and strive to become accomplished political figures. All 3 volumes are worth reading and don't feel repetitive, even if you read all other m-preg stories out there. I would say Valentina Heart writing skill is higher then mostn authors.

~Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts by Lyn Gala~

Soft take on a story of abused submissive human. It's rather sweet and slow, with not much action. The book focuses on portraying culture of alien species and differences in values between both races.

~Gaven by J.C. Owens~

This book is hard to rate. The main character is forced accept customs of people he thought as enemies for his whole life. Discovering the way the war tribe functions was quite interesting. I wished there were more volumes following the main couple.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackRen

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic