Unresolved and Forbidden {BookMark! and Yukio Takamiya}

Yukio Takamiya

tAG_100036.jpg

Name: Quoran

Orientation: Homosexual

Species: Shape shifter (any feline)

Abilities: As a human, he uses multiple swords but is also proficient at hand to hand combat. Once he transforms, his strength and speed are according to the feline he changes into. Acute sense of smell.

Description: White long hair, fringe and hair at the sides are short. Mauve coloured eyes, pupils narrow and expands depending on the distance he looks from.

Likes: Winter, preferrably blizzards. Running(his animal instincts), felines, adventures

Dislikes: Heat, armor, stupid individuals(annoyingly dense), humans (because he can't stand being used by them but rebelling is not an option because of numbers)

Personality: Hot-tempered and holds grudges easily. He hates losing and is incredibly stubborn. Once his mind is made up, no one can persuade him otherwise but that has never came back to bite him in the ass.

Short bio: As a child, Quoran has never known family love. The king found him one day in a random forest while hunting and took him in. The moment he entered human environment, he went through harsh training to become a warrior going against the 200 years feud with another country. Only the rulers knew of his origin and soon other shape shifters were recruited. Shape shifters were ranked captains leading different squads. But of course, even their fellow soldiers never knew what they were. In their human forms, shape shifters possess superior physiques. But Quoran was the strongest being able to shape shift into multiple forms, thus ranked general to lead the army at the battle front.

-----------------------------------

Quoran stepped into the throne room of the castle and knelt on one knee upon the red carpet in front of his king. Head bowed, he spoke," My King, I have come by your summon. What need do you have of me?" It was always like this. Every dirty errand that the king found was too hard for humans, Quoran was made to do it. The lives of humans were more precious than the shape shifters who protected them. They believed that shape shifters were too strong to die and that they would never have to face danger. Quoran wanted to see, what this king would now make him do.

Juliano Loren lifted a hand and gestured for every other personnel except Quoran to leave. His eyes then moved to the man below, his face never betraying his emotions, stayed emotionless."The mission this time is a little different. No more patrols or checking of houses for enemies. Venture into enemy grounds and sniff around like the animal you are. I expect valuable information. Failure is unacceptable from my best soldier, take any of the captains as you please."

Quoran clenched his fists at the insult that the king himself hadn't seemed to realise he had thrown. Animal huh? Quoran could suppose that it was in a way true. It seems that the king has no more need for his general. Sending him into enemy territory without knowing what to expect, it was basically courting death. Regardless of his displeasure, he placed his right fist on his left chest in a soldier's salute and left for the barracks.

Quoran arrived at the barracks and opened the door of the canteen where the soldiers were having their meals. All of them looked up from their meals in shock, they're general had never joined them for meals before let alone even stepped into the canteen. "Meeting for the captains," he announced and left. The soldiers behind continued with what they were doing, relieved that nothing was out of the ordinary. The captains stood up one by one and proceeded towards the conference room where Quoran sat waiting. The shape shifters were considerably closer in relationship and they were the only people that Quoran had ever spoken to other than the king. When the captains had all arrived, sitting lazily in their chairs, Quoran finally took off his firm mask and placed his elbows on the table while rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Why the stress, general?" Lazak who was beside him asked while giving him a firm clap on the back. He was the closest to Quoran despite all of them being friends since he was taken in right after Quoran.

Quoran ignored his friend and looked back up at the other who were chatring amongst themselves. "The next mission will be going into enemy lands," the room fell into dead silence. "I shall only take three of you with me, everyone else will stay. This mission is very dangerous and I won't risk anybody's life. We are to gather information on the enemy and-" he was cut off by Lazark.

"I'm definitely going and so will Feris and Zion right?" Lazark said unsmilingly. Said people nodded and Quoran spoke,"then I guess its decided. I leave the army in the hands of the remaining captains. Dismissed." On the way out, Quoran, Lazark, Feris and Zion all received 'good luck' and 'be careful' comments from the captains.

The next day, they were set to leave.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukio Takamiya

• BookMark!

Roukan Seff had a notably easier life than most shifters. He had been young when he was found and thought to be the perfect playmate for the Kings young son and crowned prince. The pair had grown up together and Roukan had been aloud to go into the gaurds on the prices's request and had quickly moved up in ranks. Now years lader he was head of the army. He was well liked by all those around him. Well respected by his men. Human and shifter alike.

He was also handsom. Tall with broad sholders and well built. He had sharp green eyes. His golden blond hair was all swept to one side falling over the left side of his face. Partially hiding a scar that ran down his face.

While only the roals knew he was a shifter. His love of wolves and other canine was a well known fact. For good reason too, he was a powerful shifter able to turn into any canine. As a result of this he had a keen since of smell and good eyesight. He was a good hunter and was good with the hounds as well.

On this day Roukan had his men out training. They fought eachother with wooden wepons. He walked around giving pointers and even showing what he meant. The training took place in an open field in the woods outside the castal. This was where they trained often. Which also meant a lot of the town's children and those old enough to fight often came to watch and even join in sometimes.

The four shape shifters brought no weapons with them. Mounting horses, they rode for three days only stopping to rest at night. Quoran spent those nights strategising and briefing the captains of their plan to infiltrate the enemy's land. The plan was simple but well calculated. They would enter the country as travelling physicians, that way, they could avoid suspicion and even be welcomed warmly. According to information gathered in the past, soldiers didn't train in the barracks like they did. Instead, they trained in public right where the town could watch them, and even join them. Quoran personally thought that such a thing, unity amongst each other, was what his own land lacked. The shape shifters all have a strong sense of camaraderie, but being ruled by selfish humans was what erased the joy.

Coming back to the current situation, if they could join in the training as commoners and have their skills recognised, they may be able to raise enough interest to have themselves scouted as soldiers. That was their only chance to infiltrate the military where they could start their mission.

On the fourth day, Quoran, Lazark, Feris and Zion arrived at the port city. They were due to leave the next day on a merchant's ship after much negotiation on Quoran's part. The merchants had tried to squeeze as much benefits as they could out of the four men. Despite his growing annoyance, Quoran maintained a calm front as best as he could and agreed to their terms. To treat any illness or injury without payment. That was no problem since the voyage would last at most four days. They had been trained and taught the basic knowledge of healing. Despite that, the head merchant still had the gall to demand payment from them. Quoran had gritted his teeth, shrugged of Lazark's hand on his shoulder and offered the merchant a small pouch of gold which the merchant had gleefully snatched away.

The voyage was peaceful and Quoran was thankful for that. Their mission didn't commence until they had successfully infiltrated the military. Assuming that they succeeded, the rest of the operation should move on as planned unless something unexpected cropped up. Quoran could just picture his king's disdain at that. He would no doubt be dismissed or executed along with his captains for failure. Quoran hated the humans with a passion. They reproduced like rabbits and tainted the world with their greed and ostentatious attitudes. Not to mention, they didn't know how to resolve conflicts without war. Of course, they didn't care about that. They had the shape shifters to protect them. Shape shifters were the ones dying as consequence of their stupidity, not the humans themselves.

Finally, the ship docked at the port city of the enemy's territory. The four of them got off the ship where several guards stood waiting below. After revealing their fake identities and claiming to have come with the merchants, the guards let them through. Lazark let out a large sigh once they checked into an inn.

"We're finally here. Man those guards were intrusive," he said slumping down into a chair and stretching his limbs.

"Lower your volume Lazark, are you trying to let the whole world know?" Zion whispered fiercely. Lazark clapped a hand over his mouth and shot Quoran an apologetic look. Quoran waved it off and removed his cloak.

"Rest well everyone,"he said. "We're going to the fields where the soldiers train tomorrow. One way or another, get yourselves scouted without raising suspicion. And I meant that by controlling your speed and strength," he paused then continued. "If anyone fails to be scouted, I would have to reconsider my judgement on posting you as a captain."

"Tch, how cold. Relax Quoran, getting in wouldn't be a problem. We can control our strength just fine," Feris said nonchalantly. "If that's all, I shall retire to my room next door,"he waved and left the room. Lazark and Zion followed to go to their rooms. Quoran sat on the hard bed and laid his head on the pillow. It was uncomfortable despite the room being the inn's best, his bed was much better. But Quoran didn't mind, he was used to sleeping on rocky forest floors which were much worst than this.

The next day, Quoran dressed himself in a simple tunic and pants before heading out of his room with his baggage. The four shape shifters had a huge breakfast which made people stare at the amount. As shape shifters, they had large appetites to fill their bodies with energy should they ever go for a run. Their bodies could store the energy food gave them, only getting hungry should their energy run out which was a given for their unlimited stamina. Leaving the inn, they headed for the woods where the soldier's training was held.

The way things were in this kingdom might hot have been as bad. But shifters were still seen as lesser beings. Still made to fight human wars. None of this bothered Roukan. He did have favor of the prince and the prince's mind set was different than his fathers. Which was a slow start and one the wolf would support. For now he trained his men. Broken down into four teams. Each ran by one of his captains and himself being the fourth.

It was just before lunch time and the teams were practicing different technics. Doing what they could to get each group to work together fluidly. It was important for survival that they did this.

Roukan currently was working with his own team on sword fighting and the importance of being able to dodge while not dropping your wepon.

Quoran and his captains were arriving at the fields. As they neared their destination, Quoran could feel his heart starting to pound. They were so close to getting in and he couldn't help but feel nervous and uneasy. What if something happened that made them seem suspicious or exposed them? As a general, Quoran wasn't allowed to be insecure. He was supposed to be brimming with confidence that their mission would succeed and lead the captains in their job. He shook the negative thoughts out of his mind and replaced them with determination. He would see through this mission no matter what.

When they arrived, Quoran and his captains joined the crowd, silently watching how the soldiers trained. Slowly, they found themselves standing at the front of the crowd. Quoran couldn't help but notice a soldier who stood out among the others. Golden hair and green eyes, tall and well-built. He at once knew that this man wasn't any ordinary soldier, but a high-ranking one. Quoran could tell just by the way the man held himself, the way he was leading his men and barking out instructions. Exactly how Quoran trained his own men. Then Quoran noticed the uniform he wore.... This man was the general.......

Roukan was well loved by his men and it was easy to see in the respect they had for him. Also the fact he seemed to make sure he was on equal ground with his men dispite being in charge of them. He then stopped looking to the crowd with a handsome grin. "Who is ready to play today?" He asked looking around noticing new faces and pointing. "You...your new would you like to come and join in?" He asked at Quoran

Quoran broke out of his thoughts, seemingly surprised that he had been pointed out so coincidentally rather than someone else. Not that it was a bad thing and he wasn't complaining. On the side, he could hear Lazark snickering, whom he smacked on the head before stepping forward.

"My name is Quoran, my friends and I just returned to town yesterday. Pleasure to meet you general," he said curtly, clasping the general's hand in a firm handshake.

The wolf smiled handsomely at Quoran and shook his hand. "Ah no need for such formatily call me Roukan." He offered up "and welcome back." He said with a nod. Roukan seemd genuinely kind like he meant everything he said. "Would you like to practice with us? We are always looking for new recruits..." he said with that same smile. "You and your friends?" He offered.

"Ah no need for such formality call me Roukan."

"Thank you Roukan," Quoran replied, revealing the barest trace of a smile while calling the general by his name. He wasn't sure if Roukan was a shifter or not, but that was what they came here to find out. But the general himself didn't seem like any ordinary human, was what Quoran's gut feeling told him. He would observe the general for now.

"Would you like to practice with us? We are always looking for new recruits..."

Now that was a pleasant surprise. Quoran hadn't thought the military would take just anyone if they were good enough. It fact, everything was going so according to what he wanted that he couldn't help but suspect if there was a catch somewhere. Had they perhaps gotten intel that there were spies within the country? Impossible! Their journey here was only strictly between Quoran and the king, no one else knew.

Despite the jumbled thoughts in his head, Quoran's face retained a neutral expression as he smiled softly again. "If you would have us, we would of course love to join you."

"Lets see what you got." He smirked and tossed one of the wooden traininh swords at the other. "Your friends too eh?" He mused as his captains came to stand next to him. "We haven't had any real challange in a while..." said a male with long white hair pulled back in a pony tail.

"Let's see what you got "

Quoran caught the training sword with grace and smirked," I hope we don't disappoint then." He hadn't held a wooden training sword in a long time now, since he often trained with his captains with real sword. They always loved the thrill of danger and wooden swords just didn't cut it. But holding one now, brought back a sense of nostalgia that Quoran couldn't help thinking back to his training days. Those were times he didn't want to think about.

"We haven't had any real challenge in a while..."

Roukan's captains had come up to stand beside him. "Well we haven't exactly been sitting around idly either," Zion spoke up. "You'll find us more of a challenge than you think." They were starting to feel the hype now, together with the competitiveness that came with their nature. As shifters, they had a pride that didn't allow them to back down from a challenge. And Quoran wasn't willing to back down either. His grip tightened on the handle of the sword as they prepared to spar. "I'll go first," he declared, stepping up.

"Don't hold back though...come at me with all you got." He smirked. The smirk said it all. He could takw what was dished out he was strong and a shifter.

The white haired male threw a practice sword at Zion. "Good then lets play..." he growled a smirk on his own hansome face. Gold eyes filled with challenge.

"Don't hold back though...come at me with all you got."

In response to Roukan, Quoran mirrored his smirk with another which practucally implied that he wouldn't be easy to deal with either. Although they were supposed to keep a low profile and control their strength, facing Roukan brought out a sense of rivalry from Quoran that he decided to give it his all. In the blink of an eye, he was in front of Roukan. His sword came down with great force against Roukan's own sword although he was careful not to break the sword. "You'd better not hold back either," Quoran said, a smile gracing his features which showed how excited he was getting. "You'll be in for a lot of trouble if you do." Swords were Quoran's forte and specialty, it was only fair for him to warn the other and let them decide if they want to heed that advice. He had never once lost in physical combat.

"Good then let's play..."

Zion caught the sword swiftly, then as if to rile up the other, he said. "Just don't run away with your tail between your legs if we end up playing too roughly. I won't be holding back." As the two were preparing to fight, Quoran's other captains stood back to watch, fully confident that their comrades would be able to give everyobe a run for their money. The original mission was forgotten for now. All that was left, was a genuine desire to have fun while sparring.

Roukan smirked wider blocking the attack. "Mnh good to see this will be a good fight..." he said pushing back and with just as swift of speed attacked back. He was strong and agile. It was clear he was very skilled at a sword as well. He was built for combat as he attacked hard and fast doing what he could to take the other off gaurd.

"Don't worry i won't run..." he growled a wide grin on his face as he attaced with a strength that didn't look like he should have.

Quoran was impressed by the skill that Roukan displayed. He could be a shifter, that much was possible. It was rare for an ordinary human to be this strong, and at such a young age. Roukan did look like he was in his early twenties but no one could know for sure. Shifters did tend to live longer than humans after all. And if he was human, it was technically impossible for him to be this strong. After all, Quoran wasn't going easy on him and was putting in quite the force that humans wouldn't be able to handle. He had already practically outed himself for not being human, but hopefully, that would be more reason for them to take him into the military. After all, the more shifters the military had, the stronger they became, no one would object to them being taken in. he continues to fight on par with Roukan, a victor has not yet been decided.

Zion grunted as he parried the white haired male's sword. The force wasn't enough to push him back, but it made it obvious that his opponent wasn't human. Smirking, Zion swung his sword, pushing the other sword away to put some distance between them. Then he charged forward again instantly to deliver his next blow...

Roukan was thrilled to have someone equal to his strength for once. After all most of his men were human makeing it hard to go all out like this. The streanth and apeed the other had all but confirmed he too was a shifter. Which was good, they needed strong soldiers like this. "You are well trained it seems..." he mused as he attacked again. Wooden swords clanking hard against eachother.

The white haired male growled when he was pushed back. Puffing as he recovered about to attack himself when Zion charged forward. The white haired male yelled out changing back with more force than he meant to. If their swords hit his would surely splinter.

"You are well trained it seems..."

Quoran defended with his sword, then pushed forward, angling it downwards so that Roukan's own sword slid down as well to catch him off guard. "Not just well trained..." Quoran replied as he did this. Their swords parried again, Quoran took this moment to bend forward and whisper," I urge you not to think of me as just any shifter, you'll sorely regret if you do." He took this moment to hit Roukan's sword out of his grasp then pointed his sword at Roukan.

What Quoran said was true. He wasn't just any shifter, he was one with multiple forms. A species of shifters that could be considered one of the strongest. And he realized that Roukan was probably the same. The general wouldn't have been a match for Quoran if he had been just any shifter. Quoran had gained valuable data it seems. He filed this away mentally for future reports.

At Zion's end, he wasn't exactly having an easy time as well. The other captain had attacked again, dealing a particularly harsh blow that he almost failed to defend. He heard the sound of wood splintering and looked at his sword. It was splintering indeed. he would probably lose this spar, but he wasn't about to allow himself to lose to badly. With his opponent's sword pressed against his, Zion sidestepped with difficulty, attempting to go behind the white haired male before attacking once again with his partially damaged sword.

Roukan smirked at the others words. "Ah don't worry i didn't..." he said. Quoran wasn't the only one making mental notes. Roukan had been quick to figure out that Quoran had been much more than a normal shifter. Roukan let out a soft surpised cry when the sword was hit out of his hands. "Mnh...seems you won thus one." He said putting his hands up in surrender. "And Corlan how many times have i told you to keep your temper?!" He called out to the white haired male.

Corlan frowned as his own sword took damage. He was too use to his own heavy weapon. He was still trying to fight the other male. Only to end up mad at himself as the other got rhe better of him. The attack brining him down to his knees. He was about to explode at Zion when roukan stepped in. "Enough Cor...you lost learn from this and move on to get better." He said helping the other up.

Once both spars were over, Quoran and Zion went to regroup with Lazark and Feris, with Zion giving Corlan a smirk when he was being reprimanded by Roukan. This hadn't gone unnoticed by Quoran and he gave Zion a light smack to the back of his head. "Don't think I haven't seen how much of a hard time you were having," he scolded. "If that captain hadn't been hot-headed and lost his cool easily, you would surely have lost."

Zion's brows lowered at that. It was what had been bothering him. He had won the fight, yes that much was true. But it was pure luck on his part, he had been about to lose. He only won because Corlan had been rash. So it seemed he needed more training. When they had regrouped, Quoran turned back to Roukan. "I haven't yet introduced the others. These are Lazark, Feris and Zion here whom had just been sparring with your captain."

Roukan sighed and dusted Corlan off. "Really...you are talented but that temper of yours." He sighed at Corlan who pushed him away frowning. He was pretty with his white hair and more slender form but it was clear that Corlan was strong and not to be under estimated.

"Ah well nice to meet you all. Zion this is Corlan please forgive his rashness." He said as the white haired male gave him a sour look for it. "My other captains are Corlan's younger brother. Armel." He said as a much taller male stepped forward. Brown hair messy slightly covering his brown eyes. Two scars were on the left side of his face across his cheek bone. "And Corbin..." he said as a smaller male stepped forward. His hair was black as a raven's wing. The bangs fell into his face covering the right side of his face. Leaving one pale blue eye showing.

Quoran nodded in acknowledgement to Roukan's captains then turned to Roukan. "You mentioned earlier that new recruits were always welcomed." Then he gestured to himself and his captains," the four of us came here with the intention to serve our country, especially with the upcoming war with Hazradan. You've seen our skills, how about it?"

Roukan smiled and held his hand out. "Welcome...and lets go eat...its lunch time now." He said as he shook the others habd then turned to lead the way to the mess hall. The spread of food was amazing. All kinds of meats and the like. The men and even a few women foubd places to sit down and filled their plates.