HIS LOVE, HiS AFFLICTION

gin

Throbbing pain assaulted Alexander's head as he pushed himself off the king-sized bed of a distantly familiar room. Of course he would remember his bedroom from his childhood when they visited their grandparent's mansion in the states. It was a fond memory, Alexander smiled to himself and gathered all his remai ing strength to reach for the readied Tylenol on the bedside table. The pain drilling his head like a jackhammer was the remnants of last night's mistake,a bitter reminder that karma works fast and returns tenfold.

Last night at some frat party, Alexander was drugged and raped by a college girl. Terrible things happen when you're not wary of the drinks you take from strangers, especially in a crazy, college frat party.

Alexander's heart sank deep-- like a marble dropped in a thick, soggy quicksand and kept sinking into the abyss. He hugged himself thinking he shouldn't have done the same with his adoptive brother during high school. He knows that karma's a bitch but all he wanted Ryuu to know is that he loves him. For someone who grew up surrounded with material things, whims catered here and there, it was no doubt that Alexander will become a crazed, spoiled brat who would go to such extents just to get the one who keeps refusing him.

But no matter, Alexander pulled himself together, took a blast of cold shower and made himself decent to properly greet his grandparents whom he had never seen in quite a while. He took a quick moment to send his parents a text back in Japan that he has arrived safely, skipped the bad details and told them not to worry before heading to the gazebo where his grandparents usually have their breakfast.

Things like this hardly change. The small habits of the Montclair, albeit grand and lavish, it was all a natural. Henry is in his usual hawaiian get-up, which for Alexander is ridiculous, but loves his grandfather nonetheless. Tsubaki however, wears one of her usual sleek, business-ready formal dress as she sips her tea with such class. Visually, the pair has nothing in common, but Alexander knows who really wears the pants in their relationship.

He took a few deep breaths and slapped himself hard before stepping out from his hiding place.

"Good morning, grandmother, grandfather." He was careful to follow his usual pattern to kiss the woman first, but he instantly froze when Tsubaki glared daggers towards him. Alexander is a fearless young man, but he's definitely no match to the wrath of his grandmother.

"You dare kiss your grandmother with that filthy mouth of yours?" She said, the snow queen's powers shyed from Tsubaki's ice-cold words. Alexander frowned, knowing he's in trouble. His grandmother could have known his secret desire over his brother Ryuu all along. He knew the woman wasn't too happy his son married a yakuza man and had to suck it up because Henry would be mad, but this time, him having a taboo relationship with his brother is beyond of Tsubaki. Alexander braced himself from the impending doom he's about to get. Even Henry's lip was shut tight this time.

"Yes, I know." She said, "I know your preposterous desire towards your brother. My God, Alexander. I, for the love of God, cannot believe this is happening all over again... and worse, you two are related! Related!"

"It was just in papers--" it was a mistake for Alexander to butt in when Tsubaki slammed her palms on the glass table. She was beyond furious as her voice resonated around the clearing of the garden.

"You two are brothers! Before the eyes of the people and the law! You will stop this nonesense once and for all or I will do whatever it takes to separate you both. You will not disobey me, Alexander."

With all his might, Alexander held back a sob. A thick lump formed in his throat as he was immediately put on the spot without a warning that even Henry had that disapproving look. They wouldn't even ask how his trip was, or what happened when he came home drugged and unconscious.

For the first time, Alex felt alone.

He stepped back with his head hanging low. For all the good things the Montclaire had given him, he will never have the heart to talk back to them. In the first place, who in their right mind would hit on their sibling and force them to have sex just because of their selfish whims?

He could not take it any more as he dismissed himself to find solace in wherever place his feet is taking him. Alexander felt like the Tylenol never worked as his head throbbed sharply... or was it his heart that's in pain?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gin

• Choco Berry

Thin lips bit an unlit cigarette as his left hand poised under his chin, his tired hazels tried to focus in between the incessant tweet of the birds or the relentless scolding happening under the gazebo. Even if the heated argument went unheard over his location at the second floor of the mansion, Ryuu couldn’t help raise his brows, fascinated how Alexander can cower entirely to his terror of a grandmother.

Tsubaki Saiounji, the woman both his fathers feared, surprisingly even his grandfather. Despite all of Tsubaki’s act of higher terrorism towards her family, the eldest son knew very well that the woman was just protecting what’s important for her. It seems that family’s much more important to Tsubaki unbeknownst to everyone’s view of her.

“Wow that’s one scary grandma,” Jules peered besides Ryuu and grabbed the unlit cigarette from the male that caused a grievous grunt from the latter.

“It is your fault, Alexander got an earful, J.”

“Of course he needed that, the pompous ass that he was, no one hurts my Ryuu. NO ONE.” His face crunched in disgust as Jules tried to hug him so tight that his rib cage might break.

“Exaggerations.”

“Rape is a grievous sin not unless the victim is willing.” Jules smirked at that in which it earned a poker face from Ryuu, “are you by any chance willing, dragon boy?” Jules inched her face nearer for a closer inspection of some reaction toward her poor victim.

“Are you?” she whispered which earned her a shove to the left as Ryuu stared at him blankly, unamused written all over his face.

“Are you free the next Saturday? you and Cole?”
Ryuu changed the topic which went noticed by the woman as she raised her brows.

“I was told yes? We were already done with the research papers and that was thanks to you by the way.”

Jules remembered something worth celebrating as she immediately fist pumped the air, remembering that they’d finished another pain inducing term paper they had completed. Ryuu gave a dry chuckle, such a simple minded woman Jules was and that’s part of her charm unlike those women who were trying too hard to look intelligent when in fact their skull was apparently ‘bare’.

“I guess you can come with me to the char----“
before Ryuu can finish his invites, the old Voltes Five song blasted towards the room, it was Jules ringtone and she picked it up without hesitation.

Her words were fast paced, even if Ryuu eavesdrop, he could understand none of it. “Ta-ta for now Ryuu, Cole has summoned me and went barbarian that I didn’t informed him I was away. Whatever that invitation is, it will be a big YES, just tell us the date and place at class.” And with that the woman sped out the room as she shockingly managed her way out before she jog towards her car then left.

Ryuu was left stunned, a realization hit him as to how quiet his room can be without Jules yapping all over. Exhaustion suddenly seeped through his bones, his left hands palming a phantom sweat all over his face, before he went downstairs to find his brother.

It wasn’t that hard to find the lad on his room, slumped at his own bed. His poor younger brother had received an accidental backlash upon Jules conclusions. He didn’t even get to rest and to be greeted warmly, it seemed Tsubaki’s more insistent on going directly at the throat rather than beating around the bush. Pity wasn’t in the mix as to why Ryuu ventured the lower floor to seek for his brother, it was purely made of concern.

“How’s Japan?”
He dumbly asked as he stood beside the huge wooden door of the youngest Montclaire’s room.

• 1 month later...

3 weeks ago; Tsukishima Residence, Fukushima

"Hey.. this just came in today for you." The ever so stoic Daigo passed Alexander a white envelope in which the young male grabbed quickly.

It was the usual day for Alexander to spend a few days in the Tsukishima ancestral mansion to train with his bestie, Daigo who seems to grow tired each day he sees the young male. A striking contrast to what happened 2 days ago in Alexander's graduation party that's solely for the wild and liberated batch of seniors. Alexander basically dealt with a hangover for a whole day before heading to Fukushima to sober up.

"You never set your mailing address to here... It's quite dangerous, you know? I mean. What if the people who sent you that mail know this is a Yakuza home?"

Alexander rolled his eyes and faced Daigo and grimaced at the sight of the man who's got muscles for weeks. He's never attracted to muscle-y men, thank god.

"I am, in no way, trying to hide that I came from a Yakuza family. There will always be two kinds of people in this world when they know that I am a Yakuza; the ones that will be very afraid and avoid you, and those who will befriend you because you got the connections. Makes things like selecting friends easier for me."

Alex carefully opened the envelope and, as if on cue, painted a grin on his face.

"Wait List.... Not bad."

Though slightly pissed off because his brother never got a mail saying he's into the MIT wait list, he felt relieved that, at least, he got an ounce of chance to getting into the same university as his brother.

Daigo stepped closer and peeked on what's in the envelope and smirked.

"You applied for MIT? And... Political Science of all courses."

"Apparently. Your point?"

"Nothing suits you better than being a lawyer, trust me."

"What, you think I can't be.. let's say, an engineer?"

"We both know you suck at maths."

"Do me a favor and kill yourself, Daigo."

"Let's go spar another round before I do that."

Present Day; Newtown, Massachusetts

Alexander has sprawled over his large bed all sad and mopey with his arms both over his head. He couldn't stop thinking about how humiliated he felt in front of his adoptive grandparents.

Early this morning, he took a great scolding from Tsubaki regarding his taboo attraction towards his older brother, Ryuu. Clearly, the woman has no time to deal with yet another headache brought by hungry, homosexual, and now, incestuous desires within this family. If he was to guess, they have probably gagged the press money about such scandalous facts about the sole heir of Montclaire marrying a male Yakuza and reveal only those which are good and better for the family's image.

Alexander sighed heavily, wishing things were easier for someone who just wants to spend time with who he likes and no one would ever give a damn.

"How's Japan?"

Speak of the devil, Alex thought, as he sat up and leaned on the padded headboard of his bed.

"Hey." It was curt and awkward.

"Same... Same. Our parents misses you very much. I hope you'd contact them more often, you know?" He smiled shortly, expecting no smile in return.

A pregnant pause and a very still Ryuu leaning against his door made the air slightly heavy.

"Look... I... I'm sorry if I went ahead of myself and barged in that party and became your burden. Whatever happened there was entirely my fault. I should have been more careful, too, from strangers. I guess I'm just culture shocked."

Leaning forward, he cupped his face and fell quiet for a good minute until the waterworks began.

"But I can't help but feel bad... You know I'm gay and... And you're probably thinking this is karma, right? Like, yeah, I deserved this because of what I did to you... And now Grandma's found out and is terribly upset about it..."

For one, Alexander is never the crying type. Even for such situations. He was hoping the other male would try and comfort him. Vulnerability always works against those who have established a wall around them because it's how they would relate.

There were times when Ryuu had considered himself a good brother. Those times where he had his patience at its utmost peek, the moments where he’d tolerated his younger sibling’s whims. It even felt like a puny dream, now that he had a chance to reminisce his childhood together with Alexander.

Alexander, during his childhood days, was considered a child with so many questions. Questions that even answered, had another one sputtering from his curious mind. To be honest, Ryuu found that endearing but reality check had to kick him to the shins, now that his brother had grown.

A different matter entirely, the Alexander of these years was a cunning person thoroughly exploiting whatever weaknesses every human he needed to manipulate had. Despite the fact that his younger brother had this awful streak, Ryuu couldn’t help his feet as it stepped towards the huge room. An impending doom as his rational mind shout but his heart whispered another matter entirely---a chance.

The waterworks did do its justice as it made Ryuu guilty enough to cover their distance, forget whatever atrocity happened in Japan that made him flee to America with his tail tuck in between his legs.

A trap so sweet, he’s so willing to get enthralled.

“Alex, I really do have to apologize for Jules behavior---“
He paused mid-sentence assessing his brother’s reaction before he continued,
“that was uncalled for.”

He slowly flopped himself beside Alex’s, for someone who was so scared of his younger brother, Ryuu couldn’t help but worry at Alexander’s predicament. Having Tsubaki’s foul mood directed at his jet-lagged brother was totally murderous and disheartening knowing that the poor lad had just arrived fresh at America.

Still, like a good brother, he tried his damnedest to understand Alexander’s plight. For someone who was previously assaulted by his very own kin, Ryuu could just easily forget it in a moment of his brother’s vulnerability.

“You don’t have to worry, I’ll try to convince Tsubaki that it was just a joke J was trying to pull.”
Of course it would’ve been easy on his part, Ryuu was the favorite grandson after all.

“Err---“
He scratched his head, awkwardness started to spill on his thoughts,
“just situate yourself here. I have to go.”
With an uncomfortable half-hug, Ryuu left the room before he could regret what he was doing.

Did he just gave his younger brother, the one that assaulted him, manipulated him and done unspeakable things to him----a pep-talk of a lifetime?

Upon leaving the room, Ryuu couldn’t help but lean at the closed wooden doors. He felt that he’d just made things worse. He don’t even know anymore, Kami, gave the poor man a courage to understand situations.

He felt like screaming internally as he slowly trudged the carpeted hallways of their mansion.

----Too anticlimactic Ryuu. What the fuck.

• 2 weeks later...

The crying wasn't part of the plan Alexander had mapped back in Japan. One could say that he turned the assault thing that happened to him at the party to his benefit as he now got Ryuu's attention and sympathy. The lad even entered his room like a brave little antelope stepping into the lion's den.

“You don’t have to worry, I’ll try to convince Tsubaki that it was just a joke J was trying to pull.”

As if. Alexander had already made a huge X mark on himself when Tsubaki discovered the truth from a total stranger. Being an adopted son of a gay yakuza is already a joke itself and Tsubaki will not be inconsolable if Ryuu thinks he could take the woman like a fool.

He did not impose a rebuttal nor face his older brother as he kept his pokerface buried on his palms. One thing Alexander does best is planning ahead on his next move now that he got Ryuu's sympathy and even hugged him, as if he could hear the sounds of the walls surrounding Ryuu breaking apart.

"Sure, Nii-chan."

The hug was short but he could feel it like a hot cattle brand searing against his skin left on its wake. If he could just feel that sincere hug one more time... He would trade anything for Ryuu's sincere affections.

For one, he needed to know who this 'J' Ryuu mentioned. He felt frustrated when this meddling female took his own moment to confess to his family about his orientation. It was his private moment and she took it, carelessly and that snapped Alexander's patience. It seems that Ryuu is close to her and will probably be invited at the ball so a plan started to brew in his mind. He rolled his eyes and took his phone out and called Daigo.

"No. You don't get to do this over Ryuu's friend. Aika is a different story but God forbid, Alexander, you lay your hands on your brother's friend and he will hate you forever."

"Im just so mad right now."

"Ok, you know what? I think I should go there and be your mediator on every crazy thing you want to do. You're really doing it wrong, Alexander."

By the sound of it, Alex could imagine Daigo shaking his head in disappointment on the other line. He bade farewell and until his friend arrives in Manhattan, he was made to promise not to do anything stupid.

Day of the Charity Ball

Guests from all over the globe, the press, families from the high society, businessmen, and security loitered around the Montclair's mansion-- from the stretch of the lush main garden to the grand ballroom in which, a live mini orchestra was playing. Even the servants for this grandiose event were handpicked, looking like models, gracefully tending the visitors with utmost pleasantries taking their coats and serving champagne and hors d'oeuvres.

Alexander, who is still in his white dinner shirt, slate pants and grey cummerbund stormed out of his room and greeted his parents who had flown to Manhattan yesterday but decided to stay in a hotel to "settle the nerves" per Irie's request. Apparently, he didn't want to meet Lee's parents with a jetlagged demeanor, one trick Alexander have yet to learn.

"Dad! Father!" He exclaimed, and gave each of the males a kiss on the cheek, glad that he could see his parents back in Manhattan, healthy and well.

The small Yakuza man in his early thirties looked captivating in his Armani suit. Albeit standing the shortest among the three, his own spotlight never dimmed. It seems his Japanese father had accumulated Lee's style and taste in fashion over the years. Irie's eyes danced over Alexander's image and smiled lovingly, pleased that his son had grown into a fine man.

"You look handsome, my dear. But are you sure you're going to sport your hair like that?"

Alexander shook his head and held Irie's hand close to his cheek. His loving yakuza father is as caring as ever despite having such a brutal family background. He wished Ryuu would see past his parents' imperfections and be thankful for the life they'd shared with them.

"Not as handsome as the both of you. Even the guests are starting to ogle on us because you guys are such eyecandies, like, are you even for real?" He said jokingly, his usual banter with his parents never changed. "And yes, I'm keeping it this way. I'm going to look for Ryuu nii-chan and tell him you have arrived. You guys go ahead and mingle with the crowd now."

"I need to get some other things done first. Love, can we go to your room?" Irie smiled awkwardly and turned to drag Lee in which the man snickered and did not resist. Alex rolled his eyes, guessing his parents is on to something really embarrassing now. Lee's idea, most probably because he saw the man holding a small remote control that he sneakily hid in his pocket. Alexander felt kind of jealous, wishing he could be that blissfully happy with the one he loves.

He wandered aimlessly around the ballroom and when he could not find Ryuu, he decided to go straight to his brother's room expecting to see a young man that has not bothered to get dressed. For Ryuu, this charity ball is entirely a ruse after all.

Like a congregation that happens during a Sunday mass, the crowd had started to thicken at the entryway. The flooring was layered with an expensive red carpet that extended up until the foot of the garden’s fountain. A fountain closely akin to Taj Mahal, as it reflected the vastness of the huge mansion on its back. The event was held at the structure’s back, displaying the entire collection of roses, which Tsubaki tended herself when she wasn’t busy devouring other companies.

“In a moment Jules,”

Ryuu tried to balance his cellular device in between his head and his shoulders while he was battling with the sock on his left foot. The young male’s hair was spared for a slob of gel as his tuft bounced atop his head whenever he moves. Soft black hair dropped to gravity, his piercings were on leave, save the metal piercing on his left ear, since Tsubaki wanted no hooligan to devastate her perfect Charity Ball.

Though the college student might not be in a mood to put up with the rich’s shenanigans, Ryuu wore a decent black long sleeve, folded up to his elbows. A black pants tucked on an ankle length black boots. Staring at the mirror, the male scrutinized his struggling self as he gave a passable ok in his head. A last bit of a touch, he draped a rather expensive golden scarf, care of Irie, around his neck. It added to the touch as he stood to his full height.

“Oh you there?”
Ryuu paused and placed the phone down as he watched his younger brother looking like a deer caught in headlights.

“You go first, I’ll usher my friends who’re still stuck at the entrance.”

With one last spray of Demeter’s Rain fragrance collection, Ryuu left Alexander to his own devices. Truth be told, Ryuu was still having a hard time forming a decent conversation with Alexander. In times like this, he can’t help but feel awful as how he tried to isolate his relationship with his sibling. It rather shows that Ryuu was an awful person but he had no idea how to mend a decade long defective relationship.

Faulty as he was, Ryuu wasn’t entitled to act chummy to Alexander all of a sudden, knowing the fact that his taciturn behavior might be the cause of his demise, even with his parents. He can’t find fault with that, as hard as he was in terms of changes, Ryuu couldn’t even improve his attitude.

“Jules we are on a fairy tale---hurry snap a pic of me while I ride this little lion,” With a child’s mirth, Cole hurriedly placated himself atop a lion’s statue much to Jules embarrassment.

“What crazy shit have you been up to?”
Ryuu marched towards the couple. Cole and Jules, thank God, was wearing something decent. Ryuu trusted Cole’s fashion sense like a blind man on a train station.

“maan, you clean up so well---I mean look at you!? looking so human.” Cole nodded to himself with Jules

behind him gawking at the celebrities entering the mansion.

It took them forever to shut Cole’s noisy ramblings as to how Ryuu was so secretive of his affiliation to the Montclaire’s. The three of them caught a lot of attention, care of Cole, who couldn’t stop himself from putting a comment or two about the thing he’d seen. They’d pass the buff guards down to the huge garden at the back.

“Ryuu, son! It’s good to see you again! Your correspondence was never enough, right love?” Lee, upon seeing his son descending flight of stairs, couldn’t get ahold of himself as he hugged Ryuu tightly.

Irie's smile soften as he caught sight of his son and with no words being said, crushed Ryuu in a bone breaking hug.

Jules and Cole instantly recognize the two as they stood there with their mouth open. Ryuu would find the situation hilarious but they’d started to get attention around them. He immediately push his parentals towards the secluded area before they resume their idle conversation.

“So dads—“
He scratched his head, a tint of pink form on his cheeks.
“These are my college friends, Cole Preston and Jules Scottman.”
The four of them exchange pleasantries. The first time he'd introduce some friends to his parents.

“Oh let’s catch up later, Tsubaki’s going loco.” Lee shushed whisper and grabbed Irie away from the

gathered youth. "and nice meeting the both of you, enjoy the party."

The three of them glanced at Lady Tsubaki, an ever permanent scowl plastered on her face. Nothing amused the lady of the house, unfortunately. Henry was talking at someone who looked like the president of the country himself, crowds gathered around him like he's the Messiah of the century.

“So what are we going to do now? I can’t hang out with those rich snobs.” Jules contemplated as she kicked a tiny pebble, blaming it for their stagnant hour.

“I’ve got that covered,” With a maniacal grin, Cole motioned his head at the two waiters who stood impeccably at the buffet table. As soon as the two caught on the male’s stare, they gave a wink before sashaying towards their direction.

“Austin!? Rivers? What the hell man!?”

“Yo!”

“Howdy,” Austin gave a two-fingered salute at the shocked Ryuu and Jules.

“You could’ve entered the mansion like a normal person.”
Ryuu motioned his hands all over the two, dressed like waiters,
“ ----not dressed like this.”

“Well we’re up for a challenge of infiltrating, did we got it right!?” Rivers wiggled his brow as he arranged his bow tie. “We felt like secret agents!” As the two positioned their hands into a gun shooting the innocent people in the middle of the garden.

“So what now? “ Jules tapped her stilettos impatiently. These boys and their antics.

“I say we skip this shindig and wreak havoc.” Cole muttered in all seriousness.

“Amen.”

“I second the motion brutha.”

“I am so gonna regret this.”

Ryuu turned his head with disappointment as he guide his posse to the secluded part of the mansion. With that being said, Rivers and Austin grabbed as many bottles of Martinis and Vodkas their hands can carry. The both widened their grin as they follow the rest towards the darken area of the estate.

To Alexander's surprise, he found a rather dashing Ryuu already dressed up, slaying that formal rocker look. He loved how subtle his brother made a statement of his own and not just conform with the norm.

"Yeah, our parents are already here. Nice touch of gold by the way." a light tint of blush brightened Alexander's cheeks as he meekly waved his hand over his chest, pertaining to the scarf Ryuu is wearing. He then swiftly stepped to the side when the older male passed by him by the doorway, the usual scent his brother is wearing definitely completes the look and is slowly intoxicating Alexander from within.

"There you are. If I don't know you any better, I'd think you're that perfect prince type," Daigo arrived at the scene as soon as Ryuu was out of earshot, holding two flutes of champagne, passing one to Alex. "But with a rotten personality."

Alex could only give an eye roll and walked to his room to get his suit jacket and finishing off his look while Daigo still followed suit like the usual loyal dog that he is.

"I did not expect Lee-sama's family to be this rich. I don't even know if I'm worthy stepping in this house... palace."

"Mhm. I guess you can say that."

The poor yakuza bodyguard meekly squirmed in his suit jacket as he start to get intimidated by the crowd, but somehow still catches a few ladies' attention. Alex grinned, wondering if he should at least hook his friend up to some nice girls from this party. Sure, he knows Daigo is infatuated with his Japanese father but his pathetic of a friend may still want boobs over dicks. Still, finding hook-ups in this type of gathering won't be such a good idea. Tsubaki had already reprimanded Alexander before to keep himself together and behave like how she expected a true Montclair heir should behave, especially tonight when he will be introduced to the world.

Alex had downed two champagne flutes before hearing his name being called up on the center stage by his father. All eyes on the tall, blonde, young man as the room filled with applause and flashes of light. Even if tonight was the moment he's been waiting for, it was all a blur for Alexander. Maybe because the moment he had lost sight of Ryuu, his interest in this lavish of a party had gone tremendously downhill. Still,he pulled his game face on and gave a warm smile to the crowd and to the cameras, just as how he was instructed, a short speech and numerous handshake with the wealthy and unknown.

Alexander Montclair-- Future business royalty and a total looker.

He could only expect such headlines on the news tomorrow but all he cared about was Ryuu who seemed to disappear on the scene. Lee whispered to him, asking for Ryuu and he could only shake his head.

"I'll go look for him. He's probably with his friends."

Alex paved his way through the crowd, letting Daigo tag along to look for a group of young people led by his brother. Knowing Ryuu, he will definitely want to escape this party. The only thing is, this mansion is way too huge to explore and checking all the rooms will take Alexander a whole three days especially when looking for someone who would not want to be found.

"I actually saw them pass through this corridor when I went to the toilet." Daigo bluntly said, meeting a pair of annoyed grey eyes and finally getting hit on the shoulders. As if that would hurt the buff man. "Look, there's light coming from this door..." he said, leaning his ears closer. "Yup. It's definitely them. I heard Master Ryuu's laugh."

Alexander pouted; he's never heard his older brother laugh. Somehow, jealousy filled his senses but what can he do? Of course, Ryuu will make friends here in the States. It's what the guy all ever wanted since escaping Alexander's evil clutches in Japan. He stood there silently like a poor puppy hesitating to come in and Daigo took the opportunity to light a smoke, waiting for his friend to make his move. All he can do right now is be patient with this unreadable character in front of him and try to prevent any crazies Alex might do.

• 2 weeks later...

The night was young; the crowds were still gathered at the gardens and the main hall like every Sunday congregation. They took note of the next successor that bared in front of them like another wolf that’s willing to devour the conglomerate world. It was suffice to say that the Montclaire’s had introduced another generation to rise upon their empire.

It was hours then that the little group of college students had settled their merry way inside a vacant room, huge enough to fit all of them and might as well their ruffian ways with liquors. It was led by an unwilling Ryuu who had regrets plastered all over his face. Cole and Jules who were in tow, holding their hands like they’re stuck with some glue. River’s and Austin followed, both hands cradling bottles of alcohols that could probably get them poisoned for good.

“Now what?” Jules stated with a bore as she inspected her impeccable manicured nails.

“We drink these booze??”

“Nah, how about we play a game,” Jules flicked the invisible dirt as she slowly descended at the carpeted floor which the rest followed like a dumb flock of lamb.

Ryuu stared at the woman as he clutched the hot poker rod with his palms. Jules and idea does not end well, the young Montclaire thought as he lit the fireplace, giving an eerie orange glow throughout the unlit room.

“I know this would happen so hand me the goods Cole,” She motioned to an eager Cole who was trying to rustle at his backpack. "What would you boys do without me." Groans were heard as they shuffle at the floor.

The blonde, Cole, handed Jules a set of chopsticks which earned a dubious stare from the rest of the group. Ryuu who’d seen the little numbers on the top of the chopstick slowly backed away from the scene, being smart and all.

“And where do you think you’re going Young Master Ryuu???” Jules caught Ryuu’s left leg in a vice grip which made the male stumble as he clutched at the California King size bed beside him.

“I—im not feeling good.”

“No you’re not, come here.” Jules smiled as she dragged Ryuu’s leg with ease.

Though Austin, Cole and Rivers knew in a recent light that Ryuu was somewhat the Montclaire’s eldest son, the group handled it with ease unlike Jules who’d fell in an exaggerated mess. Still, they’d held a grudge that Ryuu was one hell of a stingy jerk despite all of those riches, they could’ve at least benefited from it but their friend was impossibly thrifty. The topic was then dropped as soon as they saw an angry Ryuu who was not in a mood to explain to the crowd how he had been a Montclaire in a matter of one day.

With a huff of frustration, Ryuu crouched at the crowd at the floor, gathered in semi-circle, each of then listen to Jules as she explaimed the mechanics of ‘Ousama Game’. As to where Jules knew about the Japanese game, Ryuu was afraid to ask. The woman apparently knew too much and he’s not willing to have Jules attention for the entire night.

“King’s game is basically a game where the one who picked the chopstick marked with a crown symbol chooses 2 numbers from the crowd to do something for him or her,”

“Anything??” Rivers, with a child awe, asked as if he had already something in mind if he’d be lucky to have the King’s role.

“Anything.” Jules snickered which earned a gulp from both Ryuu and Cole. The woman is up to no good that they knew.

“Ohhhh if it isn’t Alexander,” Jules wave in glee as she turned her head at the doorway. If she wasn’t gleeful enough Ryuu knew that those smile meant something evil, coming from the same woman who’d spelled troubled.

Ryuu half-heartedly craned his neck at the door, his brother was there together with Daigo. He raised his brow towards Daigo which the latter return with an abysmal shrug. The guy came from Japan which meant that Irie might’ve been involved for such scenario. Daigo might be someone who’d hold Alexander’s reign of insanity, the eldest Monclaire son hoped he’d hold it too well.

“Come join us, we are having a mini-party here since we can’t really mingle with those elites outside. Let’s play a game together,” Jules slowly ascended and in a minute hook her arms around Alexander’s left limbs.

With a warning glare directed towards Alexander, Ryuu could pray tell that his brother would catch his drift and leave this room. Unfortunately, the guy always fell on deaf ears with Ryuu’s request and stepped inside the room with a nonchalant Daigo in tow.

The two of them introduced themselves to the curious crowd. It was never a surprise how easily Alexander was welcomed with warmness, he’d perfected that friendly mask after all. All those smiles and meekness that was obviously a trap. Ryuu just sighed heavily as he rummage his black pocket. He lit a thin cigarette and pressed it between his lips, he hoisted himself and opened the huge windows, staring at the party still on a full swing downstairs.

The male returned to his space without giving Alexander a glance, he resumed casually talking to Cole about their reports and whatnot.

Ousama game commenced with relative ease, the crowd was somewhat hyped, vouching for the King’s role. Ryuu chuckled as he got the chopstick with a crown symbol, lady-luck was apparently on his side.

“So this King orders---let’s see; Number 1 to slap Number 3,” Ryuu flipped his chopstick to show the symbol. It was an innocent request, he was a kind King, after all.

Jules stared at him with wrath as she slowly succumb to her faith. He hoped the woman wouldn’t get the King’s role, like ever.

“Fuck you, dragon boy.” She seethe.

“What a potty mouth,”
Ryuu snickered, watching the whole scene unfold.

“Erm—I am sorry Jules but orders from the King is absolute.”

Rivers’ succumbed to his role and slowly inched towards Jules. His slap might not be painful but it gave a grimace to Jules who was drinking a glass of Vodka. The King’s role was shuffled between guys, Ryuu gave a dark smirk as he watched how Jules was sulking. The poor girl didn’t get the king’s role after twelve rounds of playing the game. The orders were starting to get ridiculous; from stripping a tshirt while singing to the tune of 'Careless Whisper' down to pranking the cook downstairs, the game didn’t turned boring. They lightly bonded with each other, thanks to the liquor who’d made their confidence like a fortress to do the dares.

Even Alexander and Ryuu exchange light conversations with each other, as if they’d forgotten what happened in Japan.

“OMG YES FINALLY!!! JESUS.” Jules sprang from the crowd as she held the chopstick like a prize possession.

“I’m ordering Number 4 to kiss Number 7, with tongues of course.” The boys turned rowdy as they hoped those were not their numbers. The gal was crazy, that’s for sure.

Ryuu’s color drained as he caught a glimpse of his chopstick; a doodled number seven. –--You’ve got to be kidding me. The male managed to sigh heavily as he inched at the middle, a glass of martini in his left.

“Get this over and done Number 4, I am all yours,”
a little tipsy, he devoured the drink in one go.

He almost wanted the ground to take him, wished to take back his words as he saw Alexander stepped forward holding the dreaded chopsticks with four written on it.

“Fuck my life.”
He mouthed as he motioned Cole to hand him the whole bottle of Vodka.

• 3 weeks later...

The japanese man had enough of Alexander's pathetic excuse when he finished a stick of cigarette and was about to start a new one while the blonde hasn't done anything but stand in front of the door.

"Ah.. For real. The great tyrant Alexander can't do anything about this tonight? Since when did this happen, though? I thought you were the pushy kind?"

Alex combed his fingers through his hair with a sigh, clearly having a battle in his thoughts whether or not he'll enter the room and join in. His brother will be very much against that idea. For sure, Ryuu didn't want his friends to meet the half-brother who had tormented him for years back in Japan. The thought alone made Alexander's heart sink even more. Is this even guilt he's feeling?

"Looks like you're not even listening. Whoops. I opened it."

Daigo bluntly turned the knob and pushed the door open wide to reveal a group of college students arguing over some trivial stuff only American kids would know.

“Ohhhh if it isn’t Alexander. Come join us, we are having a mini-party here since we can’t really mingle with those elites outside. Let’s play a game together,”

Alex's brow rose from the woman's comment. She do realize he's one of those elites she's talking about, doesn't she? Him and Ryuu, technically.

"Come on. The woman wanted you to join. Stop being like this already, Aho-xander." Daigo muttered in his native tongue real quick, adding a word play on Alexander's name which earned him a quick slap on his hand when the Japanese manhandled him.

Scanning the room, Alex was surprised to see more people than he expected. He may recognize the woman from last time he got drugged at the frat party because her voice and red locks seem familiar. She must also be the one who had revealed his little secret to his grandmother, although, the woman helped him get home that night so Jules earns Alexander's red mark with a bit of an exception. The three men however, were total strangers. The two doe-eyed males who curiously oggled on his japanese friend seem harmless--Green mark, however, Alexander could not pinpoint his gut feeling upon laying his eyes on the blonde, well-built man who sat next to his brother. Somehow, all of his red flags were raised as he saw Ryuu chatting up casually with this specific male.

The woman tugged him by the arm as he slightly stumbled like a kid trying to walk for the first time as Daigo followed suit. The Japanese man bowed his head towards Ryuu which earned a light "Oohs" from the two happy-go-lucky males who wore a waiter's uniform.

"Ryuu-sama. Pardon the intrusion." he politely said in sharp Nihonggo.

"For real? I don't know any Japanese words but from watching Japanese cartoons, I think he addressed Ryuu as 'master' is that what I think he said?" Rivers said in awe but a slap on his head brought him back to reality.

"Idiot. You said you know Japanese words but you call anime 'Japanese cartoons'?" Austin grinned and waved at the Japanese man to sit next to them as well. "Bro, come sit with us and have some drink. Hey what's your work out routine, man? Do you speak English?"

"Daigo understands English but he rarely speak it. Conscious about his accent." Alex smiled and refrained from introducing himself as Ryuu's brother. Maybe he'll keep that fact to himself for now, although, this woman right here might already have an idea. Ryuu was spared from Alexander's glances as he did not plan on talking to his brother... Not unless they're required to do so. Who knows what opportunity might come up with this drunken mini party.

The game commenced and the group laughed boisterously on the silly commands on whoever becomes King. One time it was Austin and, for being such an instant fanboy of Daigo's muscular build, asked the latter to flex dramatically with his top off. Apart from the siblings and Jules, it surprised the three males when they discovered the man they thought was a regular Japanese bodyguard was an actual yakuza by his massive back and half-sleeve tattoo. Austin and Rivers oggled in exaggeration on the man who candidly, yet bluntly flexed his biceps for his new fans to see.

Alexander got the chance to be the king and, instead of pinning it on his beloved brother who seem quite uneasy with the selection, chose Cole to do The Little Mermaid impression of the song Part of Your World. The blonde nailed the performance with the help of a background music coming from Jules' phone and a few rough choreography. It was both hilarious and embarrassing, given that Cole even have a blanket wrapped around his head as a make-shift mermaid hair. Confidence is key to overcoming embarrassing performances like this.

To be perfectly honest, Alexander is enjoying himself with this crowd however immature the game gets as they all belong in the same age group. Way better than mingling with the old people out in the lavish party and have endless talk about politics and business. Add to the fact that the vodka they brought in was amazing and a lot better than champagne which is basically just half bubbles. He would chat with the half-drunk Daigo and sometimes with Jules, amused at the pouty face of the woman who has never picked up the king role ever since the game started. The blonde had never had so much fun like this and frankly, he could let Ryuu have this night as well without his pushy little brother making him utterly uncomfortable. Alex loved seeing his brother in his defenseless state, half-drunk and laughing genuinely. He was so willing to leave Ryuu alone tonight until the redhead jumped up in delight, ordering people to basically make out in their midst.

Crazy woman...

Alexander looked at his number and froze when he realized he picked the number 4 that is supposed to kiss none other than his brother who had already walked in the middle of the room, drunk and swaying to his feet. Can this night get any more confusing?

Oh well.

"Aw damn! I guess I have to kiss the young master of the house... Am I lucky or what?" Alex laughed out loud, feigning drunkenness as he approached Ryuu, acting all harmless. "You're a naughty one, miss. You just wanna see guys kissing, don't you? Hahaha!"

One thing is for sure, Alexander has never been drunk over eight shots of vodka. He glanced at the male and smiled, reaching to caress Ryuu's soft cheek but then meekly turning away with a laugh.

"I'd be willing to take your place and kiss Ryuu!" Rivers hooted, miming a rather disgusting impression of a kiss by himself.

"Yeaah! I wanna see it too! Get it on, you two!"

As much as Alexander wanted to stall, Jules was having none of it and she even stepped closer.

"I want to see tonguesss~ AND you have to do it in 1 minute."

God, this woman is insane, Alex thought, but it's the king's order and it is absolute.

"I promise, I won't do anything that you wouldn't like...Not in front of them..." Alex whispered to Ryuu in Japanese reassuring his brother that he's got control of his reins. Leaning in, Alexander could only get a peck on his brother's tightly closed lips that tasted like alcohol and temptation. The japanese male is standing rather stiffly and it's making the dare rather stale.

"Ryuu, fucking relax man. It's just a kiss." Cole laughed.

Alexander saw Ryuu's immediate response to that comment which then confirmed his suspicion. Cole isn't just a friend to Ryuu. There's definitely something more between them. Alexander fumed in jealousy as he grabbed Ryuu's collar and claimed his mouth, his tongue slithered in deep. He dropped the shot glass he's holding and wrapped one arm around Ryuu's waist and the other hand grabbing a fistful of soft, ebony locks.

He could feel Ryuu struggling to get away from him but Alexander was not having it. The tall blonde made sure to look at Cole with his icy glare as he locked lips and made out with his step-brother. This wasn't part of the plan. He wanted a light, teasing kiss. Something playful and loving and one that they could share willingly even for a minute. He didn't want to violate his brother this way as they entwined their tongues, exploring and tasting everything of Ryuu's sweet essence. Jealousy filled his mind-- enraged about the fact that Ryuu could possibly have a certain relationship with this guy.

The room went quiet all of a sudden with only the two of them producing insanely erotic kissing sound, mostly with Ryuu quietly mewling in between breaths and cursing here and there. Daigo rolled his eyes and looked up at the ceiling, admitting defeat that he could not hold onto Alexander's reigns tight enough.

"You guys..?" Rivers shortly called out and Alexander immediately pulled away; face, red and hair, disheveled. "I was gonna say that one is pretty hot. Do you guys know each other? Like..."

"No. I'm just.. a guest. Parents were invited." Alexander replied curtly, reaching for another shot of vodka before storming out of the room. Daigo bowed deeply before the bunch and followed suit, leaving a confused crowd and a thoroughly violated Ryuu.

The crowd erected atop the carpeted floor quieted down, as if they were watching a duel of a life time. It was for a fact that Ryuu and Alexander always had these strange occurrences of meeting each other in the most unpredictable ways. Like a moth caught to a flame, a magnetic pull towards each other and as sunrise always replaced by sunset; Alexander and Ryuu was at a staccato for unfortunate events.

With another swig of his own poison, a bottle of Tequila, Ryuu hoisted himself lazily towards the center of the small crowd filled with hype. Ryuu might not be a light weight in terms of booze intake but he had drunk a lot of liquor pre the start of their pointless game. It might be a poorly timed stupidity but the older Montclaire sibling was glad that he was at the mercy of an alcohol to brace himself to the unknown.

He stared at Alexander who sashayed at the middle with a confidence of a lion who’d finally caught its prey. Be it those nervous glances Alexander might be addressing him to, or what he portrays in front of the group, Ryuu could see past his younger brother’s pretend anxiety.

"I promise, I won't do anything that you wouldn't like...Not in front of them...
"I call that bullshit
--- His eyes rolled heavenwards without even replying to his younger sibling.

Surely, he was all so tensed compared to Alex who stood in front of him, cool as a cucumber. He might’ve done the naughty, liberated enough to do shit ton of crazy sexual stunts but Ryuu was too nervous when faced with his trauma inducing brother. Added the fact that Alexander had apparently grew a head taller than him, his height just gave Ryuu a foreboding intent; it’s as if he’ll be devoured by Alexander’s shadow.

His head lowered, the bottle of vodka tightly clasped by his left hand, his boots stilled to its annoying tap; Ryuu couldn’t even held Alexander’s gaze.

"Ryuu, fucking relax man. It's just a kiss." Cole laughed.

Right. Deep breaths. Ryuu sighed as his tensed shoulders relaxed at Cole’s light musings. It was just a kiss, he repeated in his head despite the tiny inkling on his deeper conscience that his supposed brother had did things to him after a kiss. He can’t do that right? They were in front of a crowd after all.

Alexander then pulled his head with a surprise, breaching his mouth forcefully as Ryuu tightly shut his eyes. He felt his insides filled with cotton and nervousness as his right hand dropped the bottle of vodka, making the carpeted floor soiled by its remnants.

The kiss lasted for a good minute but it felt like they’ve did it for half an hour as Ryuu struggled for his breath. Alexander’s kiss was punishing, like he was Death himself trying to suck the life out of him. Knees weak, Ryuu reigned his moans, managing a stiff grunt and string of curses.

Wide eyes stared at the steely grey blues, for the first time this night they made eye contact. Alexander’s hues, like those years ago, was consumed with lust and something akin to jealousy.

Jealous of what? Ryuu couldn’t gather his thoughts, for someone who’s apparently top of their year level he felt stupid and angry as to how his younger sibling made him putty in the hands.

"No. I'm just.. a guest. Parents were invited."

It barely registered on his brain when the kiss ended, he stared at Alexander’s retreating back. Ryuu bit his lip, urging himself to stop calling his brother back with his fists tightly clenched on his sides and his heart in a complete turmoil.

“Whew , I guess this game’s over,” Jules joke was remained unheard when Ryuu also left the room in a rush followed by Cole who stole an angry glance at her.

“We will have the talk later, Jules.” Cole muttered as he jog after Ryuu.

The poker faced man immediately went inside his room like a gale. Ryuu yanked his coat, followed by his shirt and with a gruff launched himself towards his comfortable mattress face down.

“Waf ae ou oing ere? (*What are you doing here?)” His slurred voice muffled by the comforter of the bed.

“Can’t I console my best bro?” Cole then lay cosily beside Ryuu like it was the most normal thing of all.

“Baka.”
Ryuu turned his head towards the blonde who stared at him with concern.

“I ain’t dealing with your drunk self but I am sorry about Jules, she kinda overdid it.”

“She’s extra, it’s nothing.”

“Who’s that guy anyways? Is he your ex? I know Jules knew something but the woman was tight lipped about it.”

“He’s my brother.”

“Yeah your bro--- WHAT THE FUCK!” Cole exclaimed and shook both Ryuu’s shoulder as if the action itself would make him understand that whole situation. “That’s some incest shit, you fucking animal.”

With his right hand as a support to his head, Ryuu faced a still fussing Cole with a grin.
“I can even fuck a lamppost for all I care.”

“Jesus Ryuu if you can hear yourself right now.” Cole laughed light-heartedly, went reached the bedside cabinet and poured some glass of water handing it to his drunk friend.

Cole knew that there was something going on between the siblings but he had no audacity to ask Ryuu the full picture. Maybe, just maybe Ryuu would open it up to him and Jules someday, still, it wasn’t the time knowing that Ryuu likes to keep everything bottled up and tightly packed.

“You should have pushed him man, I felt your younger sibling had a thing for you.” Judging how he icily stared at me. Cole failed to continue as Ryuu suddenly pried both his legs and settled at the middle of it.

“Then make me forget.”
He leaned closer as he nipped at Cole’s jugular like a cat about to purr.

With a sigh, Cole slowly unzipped his pants and spread his legs wider, just like the old days. “Well I ain’t a fool to decline your offer so have it a go.” Cole’s fingers slowly slid at his hole, a smirk played on his lips. "Still we should talk when you are sober enough, for now this will do.."

With a dive for a sensual kiss, Ryuu forgot how Alexander’s lips felt----

Almost.

• 3 months later...

Alexander stormed out to the empty gazebo outside the mansion still with Daigo in tow, holding a bottle of vodka and a shot glass. Apparently that game was a trigger for Alex's compulsive desire to manipulate his older brother like he used to back in Japan. The atmosphere he left in that room went from fun and light to heavy and downright upsetting. Now the friends who were in there would think a psycho is on the lose in the Montclair mansion.

"Can you tell me why you're upset when you were the one who assaulted Master Ryuu?" Daigo called out.

"That other guy.. the blonde one. I know there's really something between him and Ryuu-nii. I just know it!"

"I see there's no remorse on what you did back there." Daigo rolled his eyes and sat down on a concrete bench and took a swig on his drink. "But then, so what?"

""So what?!"" Alex cupped his face, red with anger and frustration. "You wouldn't let your lover have relationships with another person. That's what."

Daigo grimaced and chuckled by the statement. "I know I am quite intoxicated but last time I checked, you and Master Ryuu aren't in that type of relationship. And since when did he let you meddle in his affairs anyway? Can't you at least approach Master Ryuu in a much normal way? Not the type where you molest him in front of his friends."

Alex pouted, Drunk Daigo is making a lot of sense. He sat down next to the man and sighed. True, Ryuu and him doesn't have that kind of relationship now. It has started in the most twisted, outrageous of ways and it was not even pretty. Alex has always been possessive in everything, that's how broken the young man is. And now he has already thought Ryuu to be his possession not considering the other's feelings.

"It's too late to feel remorse now... I've broken him... I made him ice cold and now he despises me more than anything... I just wish I can fix this. Mend our...whatever you call it." Daigo handed him a shot, but Alex took the bottle and a few swigs before handing it back.

"Not to be confused as me encouraging your desires with your own brother but you can still mend this. Try doing what I said earlier and maybe he could forgive you."

"What if he doesn't? I'm scared... and jealous... Jealous how Ryuu-nii was able to move on so much in his life and found new friends and a new life. While I on the other hand got my life centered around him. Stuck with this pathetic attraction over someone who does not even like me back. Not even think about me. Despises me."

The young man sighed deeply and stood up, leaving the drunk japanese man lounging in peace on the isolated gazebo playing candy crush on his phone.

The blond kept walking through the halls of the Montclair mansion, trying to smoothen his suit in case he bumps into any press that comes in his way. He needed to clear his head from what happened and confirm Ryuu's relationship with that guy named Cole. He remembered the red-haired girl that invited him in the room. The young lady has a magnetic personality and Alex did not feel an ounce of hatred in first glance unlike Cole. The slightly intoxicated man swayed until he bumped into a guest who wore a red dress and a familiar scent. It was Jules.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there." Alex had to pause for a bit and sighed deeply when the lady asked him if he was okay.

"I'm fine. I remember you from last time... You were with... Ryuu when I saw him at that frat party. I don't think I asked for your name. I'm Alexander Montclair. You're a friend of Ryuu right?"

Oblivious as the young man is, Alex's world is about to be shattered if he knew the young woman's relationship with Ryuu. What he does know is that the woman might already have an idea what kind of relationship he had with his brother. This is no time to play pretenses as the woman beamed her intelligent, bright green eyes upon his silver ones.

"You probably know... or maybe have a hunch or two on what I am to Ryuu. You will definitely get angry at me too, no doubt. But put yourself in my shoes, as a young boy who doesn't have anyone to look up to but his adoptive older brother and could never imagine life without him... why I did such things."

Alex chuckled and leaned against the wall, running his fingertips across his hair.

"Like I imprinted myself to him and I cannot look for anyone else but him if that is even remotely possible. I just... wish there's a way to fix this."

Guests dwindled down into non-existence, except for Ryuu’s guest who still quarry themselves at a spacious room. Rivers and Austin laid sprawled at the heated floors both drunk to care for the world around them. Jules on the other hand was traversing the maze-like hallways, heck, she could’ve sworn she pulled her phone and turn the Waze application just to arrive at the previous room they were staying at.

The woman had simply caught glimpse of what happened inside Ryuu’s room and was in no mood to participate the men's extracurricular activities. She made note of herself to talk to Cole in regards to Ryuu’s behavior. They needed Ryuu to sort out his dark past, whatever it was called, since it started to worry his best friends.

Jules made a final huff before she cut to another corner and bumped to the least likeable person she wanted to hold a conversation. Judging from the lost stare Alexander and the late reaction the poor guy was having, Jules managed a sigh.

These guys are hopeless.

Tsk

“Are you ok??” Funny how this guy looked so lost in his own mansion, figuratively of course. “Let me rephrase that, want me to recommend you a shrink?” She said expectantly, clearly with context and snide.

She stared at Alexander with a raise of a left brow as the guy tried to put a name out of her face.

"I'm fine. I remember you from last time... You were with... Ryuu when I saw him at that frat party. I don't think I asked for your name. I'm Alexander Montclair. You're a friend of Ryuu right?"

“Jules Scottman.” She nod curtly, clearly her mood soured as she stared at Ryuu Murakami’s
‘nightmare personified.’

"You probably know... or maybe have a hunch or two on what I am to Ryuu. You will definitely get angry at me too, no doubt. But put yourself in my shoes, as a young boy who doesn't have anyone to look up to but his adoptive older brother and could never imagine life without him... why I did such things."

“Clearly you did not grow up because you still had this huge infatuation for Ryuu. Forgive me for egging your affections earlier but puh-lease spare me the hypocrisy. I don’t need to be placed in your shoes.”

Jules said in a bored tone as she waved her hands to stress her opinion. The girl slowly reached for Alexander’s shoulders, the guy was ginormous, and she had to stand on tippy toes to reach the guy.

“You love Ryuu? Fine.”

“You want to fuck him, sure, fall in line.” Jules jeered as her fingers clutched Alex’s skin with a promise of hurt.

“But remember this Alexander, what cave you have crawled from is totally different from the reality we have here. We have this so called morality and consent. People are always there to criticize and I ain’t no angel to advise you to follow what your heart’s about to shout. You need to do what’s to be done for you to have Ryuu in a manner that won’t put you behind prison bars, capeesh!?”

Jules eyes burnt embers of threat at the poor younger brother who’s about to know a world of hurt. Still, she’s kind, she let go of Alex and turned away. She just needed to give the poor guy a head start.

“Don’t let this hot woman do everything for you Alexander.” She waved in mystery and exited the halls, cool as cucumber.

- - -

“Rise and shin----where’s Cole?” Jules peaked at Ryuu’s room.

Jules Scottman opened the door widely as it was safe that the two weren’t in a compromising position. She ushered the staff to place an array of breakfast atop the empty table. The staff were tense as they lowered their heads, they place plates and pitchers in the huge circular table. The three of them swiftly bowed and exited as if hellhounds were trying to bite their heels. She might not be staying at the mansion but Jules knew how Ryuu’s taciturn and scary hoodlum face would frighten their helpers not that the bloke noticed since he’s, again, high as a flying kite. High or not, Ryuu was ungodly dense to save himself from awareness.

“Cole went home he----designated driver.”
That act itself of shortening his message was totally Ryuu’s downfall, the guy never bothered in proper linguistics much to Jules incessant complain.

“Still high?”

Jules placed both her hands behind and peaked at what Ryuu was doing in the laptop balanced atop his legs. Walls of codes greeted Jules and a hint of dark web? Clearly Ryuu was treading dangerous waters not that he can't manage himself. The guy with his bed hair, sat at the forts of pillow at the bottom of the huge window. A roll of Marijuana in between his lips and a coffee at his right hand. For someone who recently had sex and was smoking weed casually; Ryuu’s eyes weren’t bloodshot. The guy even looked like a casual model doing his photoshoot at the windows wearing nothing but boxers.

“Ganja never killed a man.”
Ryuu adjusted his black frame glasses and resume typing at his Laptop. With one last puff he put off the blunt, carried the laptop and motioned to Jules to follow him towards the huge table.

“Damn rich kids,” Jules muttered to herself as Ryuu casually lounged at the table and poured himself another cup of coffee.

Ryuu looks like in his element even inside the huge mansion, a total proof of the different lives they’ve experienced. He might not look like someone who’s fed with a silver, no, gold spoon when he’s at the dorms or school but the guy certainly had an air of royalty around him. Jules hated to admit how he’d noticed it just recently. She’d finally managed to connect the dots how Ryuu had this devil-may-care attitude, like he could gave zero fucks in every situation.

“I’ve talked with Alexander.”
Oops.
Landmine, the guy completely stopped devouring the bacon, it’s like Ryuu had started to grow horns as a vein throb at his temples.

“Drop it, Jules.”

“Okay, sure but---“

“I said drop it.”
Eyes gleamed like tundra’s as his voice lowered an octave. Apparently an angry Ryuu Montclaire does not need to shout, it’s all in his coffee brown orbs.

Ryuu continued eating the eggs and bacon like he didn’t gave Jules the scare of the lifetime. The poor woman rarely saw the Japanese man angry and dare she compare it to someone possessed. The she-devil persona didn’t work, not when Ryuu was really angry.

Scarily angry.

The both of them continued eating the huge portion of breakfast, totally ignoring the huge elephant in the room.

Clearly, Ryuu totally needed to talk to Alexander. To hell with interfering with private affairs, Jules be damned if she couldn’t iron the mess these two nine year olds have created.

She is kind after all, nosy nonetheless.

• 10 months later...

Alexander's eyes went blank as soon as the lady spoke to him; surprisingly, with the same tone his grandmother used to him yesterday morning. Another earful of shaming and disapproval. It's basically hopeless. Everyone is just so against him being with his brother that way.

"But remember this Alexander, what cave you have crawled from is totally different from the reality we have here. We have this so called morality and consent. People are always there to criticize and I ain't no angel to advise you to follow what your heart's about to shout. You need to do what's to be done for you to have Ryuu in a manner that won't put you behind prison bars, capeesh!?"

"What I need to do? Like how you wooed him to join in your m?nage a trois using roses and chocolates? How pathetic was your relationship with your boyfriend back then that you need an aid for it to be alive?"

Alexander said no words even though it killed him with every single word that ricochetted inside his head for not putting out any rebuttal. Just like what he did when he had an earful from his grandma, Alex stood there in silence as he took every words in. After all, the Montclaires raised a gentleman. He did not want to put any more salt in the wound.

He let the lady walk away and with a grim face, he glanced at the door of his brother's bedroom and let himself in.

Alexander wasn't ready for the sight that greeted him. Blood drained from his face as he witnessed Ryuu and his blonde friend from earlier canoodling in intimacy in Ryuu's bed. The two seem to be drunk off their minds as they did notice Alexander lie next to Cole, his eyes full of hurt glancing up on Ryuu.

"So this is what you've been up to lately, Ryuu-nii." he whispered, ignoring the crying blonde that's being roughtly impaled next to him. "How can you keep doing such things so casually? I thought... I thought I was special..."

He frowned, all hopes seem to be lost when Cole reached up for a torrid kiss, one thing Alexander couldn't bear to witness, especially when Ryuu mindlessly accepted it. He stormed out of the room like hellhounds followed him. He was hurt beyond measure. The person he only loved in his lifetime in which Ryuu had only responded coldly from this past two years had moved on from a cruel and forecful relationship with his sick, adoptive younger brother.

"It's over..."

---

Morning came and Daigo barged inside Alexander's room with a laptop on his arms. He was restless and in panic and the sleepy Alexander just woke up from a two-hour sleep-- or a nap.

"What the hell?" Alex grumbled in a deep, baritone voice.

"Wake the fuck up, we need your help with the accounts in the first division in Kyoto." Daigo tiptoed from the field of vodka bottles that littered on Alexander's room, "I need you to sober up and hack into Club Montreal's financial accounts because it has been taking their revenues and not remitting back to our account."

"Please, Daigo. I'm... i'm too hammered for this."

"Well we don't have time! At noon, all their profits will be transfered to the Gotouda Group. They're basically stealing from us."

"Can't you contact my father?" he stood up and stretched, his topless torso contoured with weeks of muscles as he snatched the laptop from his yakuza friend.

"Even if we report this to Tsukishima-san, he'd still find someone who can skillfully hack into the Club's account. And you're already here."

Alex smiled and turned his head to his unsuspecting bestfriend.

"No, but i can get us help from a real hacking expert."

He jogged and barged into Ryuu's room, uninvited as he'll ever be. There was no sign of the blonde guy from last night, only the red-haired girl greeted his smug face with a shock. He shrugged her off knowing she's accustomed to seeing shirtless men in a daily basis.

"Ryuu-nii. Father needs help. I need you to drop whatever you're doing."

He placed the laptop next to the one Ryuu is focused on and grabbed a piece of club sandwich that sat on a plate next to him.

Alexander waited for a reply but the young Montclaire seems to be Zoned into his dark web daily espionage. He pushed the laptop further to at least cover half of the young man's peripheral vision and smirked.

"You're smart. You can multi-task, right? Can I hire you for your services, Murakami, Ryuu?"

The task was pretty simple; find whatever bastard leaked the answer sheet for their midterms. His teacher had placed his trust at Ryuu to find the student who'd snitched the answers right under their teacher?s nose. It was a pain in the ass, insulting even, for three subjects that had its test answers leaked. The teachers quite caught a student and spilled the fact that they've got it from an email with an onion link. The guy was shrewd enough to use the dark web to hide his identity.

Unfortunately for him, the teachers hired Ryuu to track the motherfucker down, it was easy for Murakami Ryuu. No one can hide a dirty trail even if he used tons of VPN's or use another domain entirely. He?d call the culprits anonymity bullshit and he?s almost tracked the unfortunate soul in about an hour.

Ryuu might still be typing furiously on his laptop, a tip of bacon peaked from his mouth as he munched on it; yet something kept nagging on his head. He couldn't remember in detail what happened when smashed Cole on his bed but something tells him he?d forgotten something important as to that event.

He can't be bothered to remember tiny details, he convinced himself. It wasn't that important if he?d forgotten it anyway. With Ryuu trapped inside his head, he didn't notice how Jules's mouth open with shock nor how his glasses slid to the tip of his nose as he stared blankly at his laptop.

"Ryuu-nii. Father needs help. I need you to drop whatever you're doing."

Ryuu could've sworn it took all his willpower not to jump from his seat.

Nope, it's just Alexander, he?s not afraid. Then again he'd convinced himself for the nth time this time. Ryuu's coffee brown orbs directed his gaze atop his laptop with Alexander casually entering his room, with a laptop on his left hand and certainly topless.

---Is he doing this on purpose!?

The older brother couldn't even hide the slight rose of his pierced brow. Jules, on the other hand, could use some popcorn as she stared at the sight in front of her. She'd swore she?ll never wink for detail might be missed.

Ryuu audibly relayed his protest with a groan, displeased at the sight of his younger brother early in the morning. He met Alexander's gaze searching for deceit or any plans that could certainly compromise himself atop his bed thoroughly fucked.

Literally.

He couldn't even remember the exact day of how he started putting his guard up whenever he saw Alexander. He was the older one dammnit! Why was he afraid by his younger brother?

--Keep saying that to yourself Ryuu.
He almost laughed at himself, clearly, the leaf?s effects hadn't left his system. Of all the time he?d see Alexander, he?d rather not meet him when he?s kind of under the weather.

Yeah high.

He willed himself to ignore Alexander as he slowly stood up and went back to his forth, legs covered with soft cotton pajamas, stretched lazily at the thick comforter.

Maybe if I ignore it, it'll go away.

Then again, what intelligence Ryuu possessed might still not compensate for his lacking emotional capability. He should've expected Alexander bulldozing his way to his fort as he insistently pushed his laptop at Ryuu who was still busy typing on his device.

He placed both his palms on his face out of frustration, ignoring the sting from his glasses. He bet he could flatten his entire face and Alexander wouldn't leave him be.

"You're smart. You can multi-task, right? Can I hire you for your services, Murakami, Ryuu?"

"Fine."
Okay, fuck it.
No curse would suffice as to how easily he'd cave in when it comes to Alexander. No matter what unforgivable things his otouto had done, he still felt the duty to help his younger brother.

"Details."
He tiredly removed his glasses and lean on his comfortable pillows. He was tired and he certainly doesn't need to repeat himself just to clarify what that word meant.

Ryuu could swear if Jules was nearer to him, the woman could've slapped his head at his inability to form decent conversation even with his brother.

If there's one thing Alexander's best at, it was reading his beloved brother's actions without Ryuu's words.

• 4 months later...

It was impossible for Irie Tsukishima to move at a glacial pace, his usual gliding footsteps now treaded the ancestral house's floors with fury. Multiple eyes locked on the pacing man before Daigo returned a call to their boss.

"I just had a talk with Alexander-sama." The Japanese man stated on the other line in his native tongue. "He said he's going to take care of the business." Daigo said with a calm tone, hoping to send comfort the stress-stricken man on the other line. "Hopefully within an hour."

Irie's tensed shoulder visibly dropped and an exasperated sigh left his being. He has been trying to hold their family's fort on his own for quite a while now and knowing his son could help the family is a huge relief. Hacking is not his forte.

If only he hadn't made that mistake...

"I'm sure Alexander-sama will do great. Let's not worry, Boss..." Daigo said in a deep, calm voice before saying goodbye and ending the long-distance call.

- - -

"Fine... Details."

Alex smirked and immediately situated himself next to his older brother by the bed even though he knew he still made the young man flinch in fright in his presence. Totally ignoring the woman inside the room, who seems to be over staying her welcome, Alex pointed at the laptop screen and explained the situation to Ryuu.

"The Club Montreal's profits. They have been stealing and not remitting their shares on our account, instead, Gotouda-gumi is the one getting our profits. Father needs the funds to be wired to our account instead within an hour." He bit his lips and gazed up on his still nervous of an older brother.

"As payment, we can talk terms after you finish the job."

Alex felt a little forgiving today. He removed himself from being pressed against Ryuu's shoulder and stood up, as he begin to raid the breakfast table Maria-san seemed to have prepared for his brother and his guest. He poured himself a cup of coffee before sitting on an empty chair, his attention now turned to Jules. Completely ignoring his indecent appearance that seemed to bother Jules, he smiled at the woman and tilted his head.

"Family business... you wouldn't understand." He said curtly, sipping on his coffee, trying to keep the conversation as inaudible so they wouldn't disturb Ryuu on the other side of the large room.

"I've been thinking about what you said last night. You were right. If I want to be with Ryuu, I have to do it properly. I will get in line." It wasn't like him to be this cooperative, but then he beamed his grey orbs at Jules and smirked darkly before whispering.

"But I will get what I want."

After all, this is Alexander Montclair talking. He always gets what he wants.

• 2 weeks later...

At a young age of 10 Ryuu knew the basics of Javascirpt, his fascination with anything that relates to computer systems made him realize that it was the passion he?s been lacking there of. The thrill of cybercrime doesn?t interest him much, not like he?d lounge at the dark web doing shady things. He calls himself the good guy, the one who cracks bad people, he convinced himself. Fight fire with fire, that?s why he?s been known from his peers as that ?mr. hacker?.

It wasn?t unusual from the Information System and Tech Dept. to have students hacking from different domains, it?s like the most normal thing from the brilliant minds inside the campus. Ryuu Murakami on the other hand was different, he?s the best at such skills and people do hire him from it, with or without knowing his identity. Rumors has it, that he?s a member of a loosely organized hacking group but no one could certainly find proof that he was.

?My work here is done, Kusakabe-san?
Ryuu tapped the Bluetooth earpiece, waiting for orders from his superior.

True to Alexander?s words Ryuu can multi-task as he placed imaginary checklists on his head after spotting the real culprit from the leakage and the fixing of bug from Mr. Kusakabe?s game.

?Wow that?s fast as expected of such a prodigy.?

???

?It won?t hurt to talk some, Ryuu.?
The other man on the line teased but Ryuu have none of it as he stared at the screen boringly.

?いっしょにしごとができてよかったです?

?MATTE?OI RYU??

To say that Alexander wanted something from him without the hint of his usual conniving plans made him stare atop his laptop. His brother seemed to nonchalantly eat while conversing with Jules. It?s not a good sign seeing Jules cozied up with his younger brother, it felt like they were plotting something against him.

They?d better cut him some slack; he had a full plate of problems here and there.

A job from their family, it?s the first time he?d been ask to help since Irie and Lee refused to ask their son to do the dirty work from them, especially Ryuu who happened to be estranged from them since adoption.

Ryuu was quite glad; he?d be of help to the Tsukishima?s since Irie wouldn?t even let him be involved with Yakuza trades and transactions.

He easily busied himself into tracking Montreal?s bank transactions. Once people had gone online banking, it?ll be so easy to trace them up. Paper trails where harder to follow but as long as they?d stick to technology those juveniles won?t get away with it.

The Internet was his domain.

It took two hours for him to send the illegal financial reports together with their offshore trades. Ryuu stood in front of Jules and Alex who?re talking about something in a hush. He placed the stack of papers in front of his still topless naked brother. He grabbed another stick of bacon, unfortunately cold, and munched it away.

?Now let?s talk about that payment of yours, 1 grand, you know my savings account,?
Ryuu pulled another chair in between the both of them and started to eat what leftover was in the table.

His appetite was still voracious despite the fact that he?d only eaten 2 hours ago.

?What?s this ?I'll get what I want? I?m hearing? Seriously Jules just go home, Cole's been worrying about you?

?Is this you being a conversationalist Ryuu?? Jules teased, her eyes sneaking an emotion from Alex.

?No. This is me being nosy,?
Ryuu placed his pancake down as he stare his companion within the table.

?Talk.?
He calmly stated as he picked the pancake smearing loads of honey on top of it.

• 1 year later...

A light smile crept up Alex’s lips, easing his distance to his brother as he watch him take the business head on. Ryuu is his at his sexiest when hyper-focused, be it when he realized it was him that beat him in their school rankings back in high school. Something about how Ryuu’s slanted eyes pierce through floods of codes and the involuntary smirk the young man is letting out whenever he takes on a difficult job and comes through it victoriously. He hated to admit it at first, especially during high school btu Alex is indeed proud having a genius of a brother. He would have not forgiven himself for placing second to any other guy. He’s so in trance with observing his older brother do his work for their family that he completely ignores Jules chatting him up, as if the woman hadn’t given him a reprimand last night. Jules had just become a background noise to Alex’s daily morning daydream.

“Hmm?” Alex raised his brows and turned his head absent-mindedly towards Jules. “Oh, I’m not being cocky. Call me anything you want. He’ll be mine soon.” He let out a charming smile and immediately turned to Ryuu who seemed to finish the job in no time and joined them by the breakfast table.

His older brother sat in between them, Alex clenched his muscles as he almost pounced the willingly approaching Ryuu that’s too close to his comfort. Talk about thirst early in the morning.

”Now let’s talk about that payment of yours, 1 grand, you know my savings account?”

“One grand? Sure.” He fished his phone in his pockets and logged into his online account, handing it to Ryuu for him to enter his account details.

”And what’s this ‘I’ll get what I want’ I’m hearing? Seriously, Jules, go home. Cole’s been worrying about you.”

”Great idea.” Alex thought, rolling his eyes agreeing with his brother before he was nudged by his phone by his brother.

”Talk.”

Alex shook his head and took his phone, mindlessly sending his brother his payment. “A rare collectible. So rare and exclusive, only select people get it. I’ll get my hands with one soon. I’m sending an extra 500 bucks for tip for a job well done and let father you did a great work.” He smiled and stood up, eyeing Jules. “Oh before I forget,” he sighed. “I’ll email you the details for the extra payment later. Keep a look out on your email. Later.” He said, taking his laptop and nodded at both before dismissing himself from the room. 

Swiftly, he headed back to his room, seeing Daigo in the hallway. “Yep, all done. Ryuu did.” It was curt and straight-forward. Alex does not have time for chit-chat as his friend slash bodyguard asked more details with his stern, but worried-painted face, wondering if the blonde did another illegal act to his brother again for Ryuu to do the favor.

“Where are you going?” the beefy man stood by the door watching Alexander undress and change into decent, rather stylish clothing.

“Got a date.”

“Date?”

“Yeah, got a problem with that?”

“Don’t tell me you’ve extorted a date with young master Ryuu for doing you a favor?”

“No… not yet… There. Yes, apparently.” He grinned like a kid getting candy,  once sending the details of the said date to Ryuu’s email.  “No need to tag along.  I promise I’ll behave. We’ll just hang out in the arcade, maybe get ice cream.” Alexander gathered his hair and loosely tied into a low bun, a bunch of hair hung loosely over his right face. He’s wearing tattered jeans that matched his denim jacket, simplified with a black tank underneath, while he threw in some black stringed accessories. Alex knows he’s simply dressing for comfort, but with his striking silver hair, he’d always stand out in the crowd no matter what.

“Don’t wait up for me.”  He nodded at Daigo, before stealing the car keys in Daigo’s back pocket, the poor guy retreated a bit upon contact of Alex’s hand on his butt. All the young master could do was let out a hearty, loud laugh from the bodyguard’s reaction.

Edited by Choco Berry

Ryuu stared at Alexander as the young man left the room, cool as a cucumber. Jules glanced his way for answers and all he could do was a droll stare at the inquisitive woman. Even he isn't privy as to what his younger brother's thoughts would be. Jules, thank heavens, finally left the room leaving a Ryuu who was still battling with another set of pancakes like a starved bear. The woman was waiting for him at the huge expanse that was somewhat called ‘a garage’.

The mere thought of waiting for Alexander’s email made his left eyebrow twitch with indignation. He could not be that curious? He wondered what Alex had in mind this time. From the looks of how tamed and regretful he is for his past actions, he still doubts his brother’s sincerity.

After a heartful breakfast, Ryuu made a hesitant exit from the Montclaire mansion. His grandparents were saddened that he couldn’t stay in New York since he needed to go back to Massachusetts. He was glad it was a Saturday morning and he had the weekend all to himself. It was not like he doesn’t want to spend the weekends with his parentals but Alexander wanted to meet with him back in Massachusetts for the additional terms of payment.

They left New York at 8 in the morning and would probably reach Massachusetts at 1 in the afternoon. Alexander planned everything perfectly. To think his younger brother wanted to meet at a famous café for afternoon snacks.

The two had a quiet journey as Ryuu was fumbling at his computer, continuing the research paper to be submitted the next Wednesday. Jules was silent but impatient enough as she kept switching station after station to find her perfect music. Unfortunately for her, she didn’t find it.

Surprisingly, Alexander was there, waiting for them to arrive. He might have taken a plane to reach the place fast or was fast enough to speed the highway like the devil was chasing after him. The quaint café had customers patiently waiting in line but most were on a take-out and few were just lounging at the café.

Ryuu shrugged his black high-collared trench coat, placing it on the rack. He waved lazily at Alexander lounging casually at the comfortable chairs. Jules just dropped Ryuu since she needed to check out with Cole but promised they’ll catch up to them later. He didn’t entertain the small thought inside his head of being in danger alone with Alexander. He was a grown man, he can defend himself after all. Plus they were in a public place, Alexander wouldn’t do something to tarnish his perfect reputation. Not perfect, after all, their grandparents already knew the shitshow that happened earlier.

As he made his way towards the counter he saw a couple of girls who greeted him and handed their numbers shamelessly. Ryuu just accepted their offers, itching for it to be over. The barista stared at the interaction amusingly, it wasn’t the first time he saw Ryuu being flocked by the crowd. Call it the usual occurrence, but it was still fun to see how Ryuu hated the attention so much.

“The usual.”

“This isn’t a bar, you don’t get to cooly say that.” The barista shooked himself as he chuckled and turn around to prepare his order.

Ryuu was wearing a white shirt that hugged his lithe muscles perfectly, nice cut black jeans, and black Doc Marten’s boots. He flopped in front of Alexander and placed his laptop atop the table unopened. The circular glasses perched lazily on his nose bridge. Brown hues stared at Alexander with the promise of hurt if he tries to act funny in his territory.

“Talk, Alexander”
He managed a sigh and leaned at the comfortable seat with a pretense of ease to cover the nervousness he felt.

• 2 years later...

One of the many things Alexander Montclaire loves hearing is when the songs of praises never stopped because of a job well done. They’re like the voices of angels singing hymns, but this time it was better. His father, Irie Tsukishima is on the other line thanking him endlessly for what he had done to help the group claim those revenues from Club Montreal against the Gotouda group.

“As expected of my son, you are exceptional in so many ways. On behalf of the group, I thank you. A-anything you want when you get back here on spring break? Perhaps, a week-long stay in one of our partners' ski resort in Hokkaido?”

Alex heartily laughed as he buried himself against the plush upholstery of their family’s BMW. Care of Montclaire-sama as to appease the damage Tsubaki made yesterday. With Daigo driving, Alex had to lie through his teeth that he was the one who fixed the Club Montreal issue and not his brother. It was a total dick move and he was hoping Ryuu doesn’t find out about his little credit-hogging shenanigans from his Japanese father. Either way, Alex personally didn’t want to involve Ryuu in any Yakuza-related business. He’d rather take the toll on all the consequences, heck even be the target if time arrives just so he could protect Ryuu.

At the back of his mind, Alex may have decided to be all-in in the yakuza world after all.

“You’re welcome father-- Anything for the family.” He smirked, which earned an eyebrow raise from his driver friend who overheard everything. “I might take that offer up.” Maybe he’ll bring Ryuu. He knows how his older brother loves skiing. “Are we still set on that other thing you mentioned last week? I have done my research with the Gotouda status and how we can better track their movements, online banking and all.”

There was a twinge of worried pause before Irie replied.

“I just think it’s not virtuous of me to involve you, my son, in their affairs. I-it’s dangerous.”

“Non-sense.” Alex said confidently. “Father, I am every part of this family as you are. It’s my honor to devote myself in our legacy.” He smiled reassuringly. “Just give me a few years to finish college and I’ll jump right to our family business.”

“I see… Alright, then.” Irie heaved a sigh through the receiver. “I’m proud of you, son.”

Alex looked away, a genuine smile with a hint of blush painted his face.

“You know how I adore hearing that from you. I’ll talk to you again soon. Bye.”

Daigo cleared his throat and shook his head, Alex beaming at him instantly. Hogging all the credits from his former high school rival? Groundbreaking.

“Don’t tell Ryuu-nii.”

“My lips are sealed.”

---

They arrived shortly at the café where Ryuu was supposed to be waiting. Daigo decided to wait in the car as he’s leaving the two in a public place and he trusts Alexander’s reigns are intact. It’s too early for things to get messy anyway, he thought.

Alexander ordered a venti, iced Americano with an extra shot along with a buttered croissant and scanned the surroundings for any sign of Ryuu. He sighed heavily when he didn’t see him, a relieved sigh so he could settle his nerves first for once. He paid for his drink and sat by the window booth, flipped his laptop open. He was too into his mind as he did not notice some girls glancing towards his direction in open seduction. Who wouldn't notice the tall, platinum blonde male who looked like a model in his dark-green turtleneck shirt and white trousers. His white hair cascaded down over his blue eyes; some were tucked behind his ear as he hurriedly opens his laptop. In one click, all the details regarding Gotouda Group, Tsukishima’s long-time rival and threat, popped on the MacBook’s silver screen.

"The usual”

Alex’s head propped up upon hearing his adoring of a brother’s stale voice. A small curl of smile greeted Ryuu’s usual banal greeting when he got to the table.

“Well, good day to you too. Last night’s party was great by the way. Your friends were a riot. You got hammered last night. Feeling better?” Alex may have been speaking ironically or literally whether Ryuu got hammered by the booze or a boy named Cole. “I would offer you a drink but I don’t know your drink of choice. I see it’s just…black coffee? I thought it’s something trivial, like a cappuccino or flat white.. what’s that?” his fingers reached forward and casually flicked on Ryuu's cup. He acted like nothing odd ever happened between them the night of the party. As if claiming his brother's lips torridly in front of the young adults' club for booze and boners was the most normal thing to do when you're drunk and wants to just have a little bit of fun.

He paused with a light snicker when he saw Ryuu rolled his eyes on how chatty he is.

“Talk, Alexander.”

He had to fight his urge to bite his lips in front of his brother and to the onlookers who spotted the two as the most beautiful thing that ever graced that café. God forbid he could lunge towards his brother to snatch a kiss or two, just so he could hear Ryuu say his name one more time like that.

“I have a job proposal for you.” He started, averting his eyes and focusing on the laptop. He turned the screen towards Ryuu and folded his arms over his chest, his hard forearms decorated with strong veins and solid muscle enclosed his obvious pectorals. He’s not one to hide the fruits of his labors, courtesy of his judo and boxing training back in Japan.

“Are you familiar with the Gotouda Group? Our family’s rival who had tried intercepting the wires for Club Montreal last night? Well, ever since that mishap last night, I did some background search. I talked to Irie and proposed to keep tracks of their other transactions. There has been gaps, you see…” he snatched back the laptop and showed the transaction history for the Tsukishimas to Ryuu “..And I was tracking the activity. Those dates, amount, even the location of origin of those transaction matches the gaps we have in our account.”

Since Ryuu is sitting in front of him in that booth, he had to scoot forward and lean on his elbows so they could share the screen. A little too close for comfort, Alex could smell his scent from their distance, his hair smelled like apples and peach. Something he never expected from Ryuu.

He lifted his gaze up to meet Ryuu’s, his breath slightly fanned over Ryuu’s black hair.

“You up for it?” he whispered.